Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
abejita

Alleviate the Frenzy

Nor should you wonder at all these things which are natural to women, and are particularly expected of the condition of virgins; because of retention of the sexual fluid, the heart and surrounding areas are enveloped in a morbid and moist exudation: this is especially true of the more lascivious females, inclined to venery, passionate women who are most eager to experience physical pleasure; if she is of this type she cannot ever be relieved by any aid except that of her parents who are advised to find her a husband. Having done so the man’s strong and vigorous intercourse alleviated the frenzy. She married an energetic young man, who, having discharged his marital responsibilities with vigor, she took to this with enthusiasm; under this appropriate treatment she flourished, revived, bloomed with the rosy shade of well-being, and was entirely restored to health.

– Zacutus Lusitanus, Praxis Medica Admiranda, 1637

Lascivious females! Are you suffering from morbid, moist exudations? Restore your health and the rosy glow of well-being! Heady peach musk aglow with sugared amber.

Moist exudations, indeed. This scent is somehow very humid. The peach musk is both peach flesh and the skin. There is no trace of the overly sweet peach gummy candy, here. I can detect the amber, but it is very much in the background. I think it will come forth more as it ages. This scent wears close to the skin, but isn't faint. I'm glad I went for the blind bottle.

Sugary peach amber, and I swear something that smells like strawberry candy on me. It's a sweet, sugared amber blend and definitely both candy and fruit notes. I can see why people love this. Medium throw and wear length.

The same amber note used in Elle Est Heureuse is here!  It is sparkly and perfumey.  I’m getting heavy sparkly amber and a bit of peach musk.  It’s a very pretty scent, but I think it may be a bit too intense for me.

Ellocentipede described this as sparkly and perfumey, and I would have to agree. On me, someone whose skin LOVES to pump up sugary notes, this turns into what I can only describe as peach champagne, like something a ingenue might keep in her dressing room (along with her perfume). It isn’t light stuff, either — I walked out of the room I initially applied it on and walked back and boy, the peach hit like a punch of lovey goodness to the nose.

The amber just rides the edge of turning powdery without tipping completely over — just enough to evoke the image of a pale, creamy thigh. It is *exuberantly* feminine, with a lot of throw to match, though the lightness of the scent keeps it from being overpowering. I don’t know how Beth got ‘moist’ in a bottle, but it’s most certainly there, like a refreshing mist.

Obviously, I’m smitten. Glad I took the chance and wandered from my usual beloved apple scents for these!

Wet: Warm peachy musk. I want to wrap myself in a blanket of this! (Also, this scent makes me think of a combination of Aglaea and Imp.)

Dry: Yep. This feels like a warm, peach hug. It's warmer and sweeter than the wet stage, and everything is playing together so nicely. It's a sweet, warm, peachy-musk hug.

I think this is going to be a bottle upgrade. :heart: 

This was a blind bottle - I almost didn't but sometimes I get this feeling and I have learned to listen to it. Glad I did.

Wet: The amber in this is stunning. The second I open the bottle I know I will love it. It's a rich, heady, sweet, perfumey amber. It's glorious. The peach musk isn't "fake" peach on me, which is what sometimes happens, it's perfect. Tart but also sweet, fresh and juicy. LOVE. I immediately slathered it everywhere, headless of the other things I was trying to test today. Trying to decide if it's back-up bottle worthy.

Dry:  The deciding factor ended up being strength - while I love this, it's not very strong on me, so one bottle will likely be enough. I do think it'll age wonderfully, and I adore that amber note! Gorgeous.

Very classy and high end perfume in the imp.  On, peachy musk as described, quite lovely and tropical, which I associate peach with for some reason. It reminds me of The Harp and Cabaret Goth at this point (only with peach instead of orange base). The amber, as Lizzy says, is gorgeous, very reminiscent of The Golden Hour.  The peach, however, is amping on me, and I'm not a huge peach fan.  I like it, and will keep the decant, but no upgrade necessary.  

I was originally curious about Alleviate the Frenzy because of the sugared amber, but I was worried the peach musk would be too heady, as Tamora and Aglaea are too sweet for me. But it ended up being cut from my decant list, so I wasn't sure I'd get a chance to try it. Thanks to the kind BPALista who sent me some to try. :glomp:

Alleviate the Frenzy features a very perfume-y amber and peach musk, and I get a bit of something else in the background that keeps making me think of another fruit -- maybe it is strawberry, as zee_zee suggested, and maybe a bit of orange. This is sparkly, somewhat high-pitched, and not nearly as sweet as Tamora or Aglaea. It's definitely a peach PERFUME, like something I'd expect to find in a department store.

It's not something I could see myself reaching for, but I am glad to have gotten to try it! I bet my mom and/or my sister would love this, so I am going to give this to my sister next time I see her.

Classy perfume is a good way to categorize this. When I put it on, I didn't remember any of the notes. It was sweet, and fruity, with the amber bringing a certain perfumey quality to it. On me, it dried down to a generic sweet perfume. No notes really standout, and i have to get really close to my skin to smell it.

In the decant: Soft, sweet fruit and heady musk. I echo the above comment that one of the notes at this phase reminds me of strawberry candy (the kind in the red shiny foil wrappers, done up almost like pineapple shape?). 

On my skin:

Wet, the fruity note comes forward first. It's not decidedly peach on me, though I'd believe it contains peach. As it dries, "peach musk" is a very good description of what it becomes. It's heady and soft on me, fuzzy like peach skin but not sticky sweet like peach juice. Given some time to develop on my skin, the sugared amber also comes out to play, providing a nice backing for the peach musk.  

As others have described, I get the experience of this being a skin-close scent but not a faint scent. It's a very full scent profile; it just doesn't throw far. 

I'm very interested in seeing how this fares in all-day wear. 

Oooh boy. Sexy peach musk. Slightly commercial perfume sheer sugary amber in the background. I like it in a nostalgic girly way. Something about it smells of the base note in some lighter victorias secret scent lines? Not in a bad way...it doesn't burn my nose!

I wish victorias secret could figure out they don't need to put a ton of trash in the background of their scents. Just this. I'd be happy if I left the strip club stinking of this instead.

I’m not usually a peach person. I don’t know what made me blind bottle this, but I’m so happy I did. 

Something about the sparkling amber and sugary peach makes me feel like this perfume smells like the 70s. It smells like looking at pictures of my parents, I’m sepia tones and afros. It’s just so hazy, dreamy and inviting. I’m considering a second bottle and this was literally bought on a whim. 

I blind bottle bought this one, because amber and peach musk just had to be a win on my skin. Oh, this is just gorgeous! A beautiful scent, very high end smelling, a delicious skin scent. 

On me, this is almost entirely sugar with some amber thrown in and a little bit of musk. Without looking at the notes I would not have guessed there was anything peachy at all in here. The amber is a nice one that reminds me of the crumbly solid stuff that my mom had in a fancy little wooden box and I'd sneak into her room to sniff when I was young.

It's very much a skin scent for me, but it's so sugary I'd probably get nauseous if it had any more throw than it does. I ultimately prefer Imp but I will hold onto my decant of this, I wish Imp had this amber in it!

This is a thick, sweet amber. It's sugary, but not exactly 'peachy' in nature - it's more like a hard candy that melts away to reveal a core of heavy musk. It dries musky and just a tad powdery.

Gonna need more of this amazingness! Sweet peach, warm aber, vanilla sugar -- lovely and sexy and fun! Not just a foodie scent. Must try more peach blends, I know there are a ton out there. I will slather this one!!

In honor of the 2020 Luper release, decided to re-test the sample I was generously gifted of the 2019 version. On my skin, this is a boozy peach musk. It's more like the tart, perfumy peach in Fae than the sugary peach in Aglaea, to my nose. It's pleasant and kinda sexy, although I think I prefer Fae and Aglaea overall.  

The peach and amber are pretty, but something in here is screeeeeching on my skin.  Very chemical, sort of hair-sprayish note.  Must be something in the musk?  Egoyomi will have to fulfill my Luper, peachy needs.  

ETA 2020 version

Edited by VetchVesper

2020 version. I picked up a decant of this because I love peach scents, so I was surprised to find this not terribly peachy!

It's actually quite amber-forward to my nose, and very sugary! It definitely has an interesting sparkly/bright quality to it, and if I really reach for it I can smell a soft peach juice scent, but I don't think I'd pick it out without knowing it was there.

This isn't what I suspected, but is lovely nevertheless! A really beautiful sugared golden amber musk, with a gentle peach note in the background. Somewhat low throw, good lasting power with the amber musk drydown hanging around for quite a while.

Thoughts before testing: Peach, musk, and amber are all wins for me so I'm hopeful that this will be the star of the 2020 Lupers for me. 

Wet: Yeah buddy! This is beautiful and kind of bright to my nose. The peach is sweet but not syrupy and the amber grounds it and keeps the whole thing from smelling like a typical fruity/floral. 

Dry down: That sugared amber is absolutely stunning. It's warm, sweet, and only slightly fruity. 

Dry: The peach stays quietly in the background while the amber shines. This is really beautiful and right in my wheelhouse. 

Final thoughts: I love this, but I don't know if I love it enough to upgrade to a bottle. I keep my collection tight to only those perfumes that I LOVE. I'm not sure if this is a LOVE, but it's definitely beautiful. 

Verdict: Keeping the imp, probably not upgrading to a bottle.

2019:

Sparkly amber, reporting for duty. She's bright and perky-eyed at the core of this scent, but around her glows a nimbus of sweet and VERY VERY SALTY peach musk. I can't emphasize the saltiness enough. This is not a peach-dominant scent. It's all about that shiny, shiny amber, effervescently resinous, and her aura of supersalt. It starts off a little quiet on me, then starts glowing and glowing until the peach musk is fiercely concentrated and resonates off of my skin and into the atmosphere. It has a bit of the shine of the Elle Est Heureuse "window cleaner" potency. It doesn't give me a headache here, as long as I don't smell it right up close. I really love the cloud it creates.

It lasts so very long too. Maybe even 12 hours. Crazy-long wear.

I am not usually a peach-lover, but Alleviate the Frenzy is something else. She really is a little...hysterical, but in a good way. Amber lovers, take note! I think it might even be the same amber as in Abalone Vulva and Awake, both from the 2020 Lupers.

This reminds me of peach schnapps!  A bit cloying in my throat, sweet and warm.  I also have last year's Alleviate the Frenzy, and I can say that it has mellowed delightfully.  So if this is too strong for you, put it away for a while and re-discover it later!

God, this is so sexy. The peach is a very juicy, true fruit peach, and thankfully, it stayed that way on my skin. The whole blend is so lovely and sensual. This amber did not go powdery on me at all. The musk is like skin musk, there but not at all forward. I get a bit of throw from this. It lasts and lasts. And even though there's no mention of honey in this, there is something very reminiscent of O lurking in the background. This has instantly jumped up to one of my favorites for me, only a little bit behind The Infernal Lover.

2019 version:

On me, this is a round, soft, peachy, musky amber. It does have a bit of saltiness, which cuts down on the sweetness. I really like this scent and am going to buy the hair gloss that came out this year.

2020 version.

Imp: peach cough syrup

Wet: more pleasantly, caramelised peaches and amber! Thanking all my lucky stars that the sugar here didn't do what Sugar Cookie, Sugar Moon, and other sugary foodie scents did - for a few years, sugar consistently turned to melting plastic on my skin, which was rather less than ideal as I'm sure you can imagine.

Dry: Lupers 2020 are going off so far - this was a delicious, cashmere-like soft amber peach, with a tiny hint of sugar. Weirdly, I couldn't describe it as anything even approaching food - more like a blossom, and the fuzz on a slightly unripe fruit. Another mid-to-heavy throw with 10+ hour lifespan, and another instant favourite.

Stars: ★★★★★