Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Coy Mermaid with a Vulva-Shaped Head

Pink champaca, jasmine incense, vanilla cream, sweet amber, white patchouli, and rose sandalwood.

Wet, this is all jasmine and incense. The jasmine isn't indolic though; it has a sheer quality, like a gauzy veil that obscures the other notes. The dry down is slow but beautiful, with the sweeter notes emerging and gaining strength over time. This isn't as sweet or vanilla cream dominant as La Prostitution or Poinsettia Gown IMO, but it's definitely in that same family. I'm also excited to see how it ages.

Strong jasmine can sometimes make me headachey, but wearing this under my shirt makes it the perfect amount of strength. Throw and longevity are great. I took a chance on this one but am definitely enjoying it. "Coy" is a good descriptor; the scent is bold and playful, with hidden depth. 

Great blend for a full blind bottle buy. Expertly blended and well balanced, this lacks the typical "shriek" of white florals nor the heavy, soporific quality of my usual fall/winter amber/patch/sandalwood faves. I'm not a huge fan of typical gourmands (I don't enjoy smelling like food) but this has a sweet and fresh quality that feels quiet and comforting and very femme.