Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Zephyr

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

When dried, Zephyr smells like sexy baby powder on my skin.
It has zero throw and I have to sniff my wrists to pick up any scent.

Edited by icecreamcone

In the imp: Very light, and there's both a sweet and a bitter note going on there.

Wet on skin: Bitter floral taking over here.

Dried down: Ok, the white musk is taking over on me now, which is fine, and fits the scent. It's almost lemony in the background, but doesn't quite get there. Very nice. There is a tiny, tiny bit of vanilla in the background, just a drop, as the description says, which makes this beautiful.

Throw: Almost none on me.

Verdict: *** Ok, this is really pretty, but that bitter note at the beginning really didn't work for me, and I've got other vanilla and musk scents that work for me more immediately.

Wet: Light, clean, sweet, pale, and musky. A good start.

Drydown: Whoa! Where did all these flowers come from? Much more botanical than I was expecting. Light, sparkly florals over a sweet, pale musk and wispy vanilla. It’s not as lemony as I’d imagined; I think the bergamot and neroli are the more noticeable citrus actually. But it does have a touch of that lemony brightness I know and love.

Dry: I’m not sure what particular flowers these are, but they are certainly quite pretty and lush. Zephyr is very wearable in the crowd-pleaser type way. It smells like a young woman frolicking through a sunny garden just after a light morning rain.

7.5 out of 10 bones

My imp of Zephyr is just over a year old.

In the imp: Floral musk with a hint of citrus. Bright and sweet, but not overly so.

Wet: the floral and the citrus flip-flop, so this is now primarily citrus musk with floral.

Dry: the vanilla appears, and is stronger than the “drop of vanilla” listed in the notes would suggest. Zephyr becomes creamy citrus-vanilla musk. It’s reminiscent of Dorian, without the tea note. It also somehow reminds me of Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener: the combination of notes somehow smells very similar to sassafras on my skin, though that is not a note in Zephyr.

This has a warmer feel than most white scents, and I think it’s perfect for springtime.

• ITI: It's light, breezy, refreshingly citrusy with a touch of yummy vanilla. Oh, this is a really wonderful springtime scent or just a great am pick-me-up.

Wet: On my skin, the China mus emerges, much more delicate than anticipated. I think that is also do to it's paring with white musk, white florals, verbena, neroli, and sandalwood. It's much less citrusy than in the bottle but more balanced and more refined, like an afternoon tea party underneath a sun-drenched gazebo.

Dry: After 4 hours, the scent is still really quite lovely - gentle white florals, subtle lemon verbena, delicate hints of sandalwood, whispers of vanilla and a touch of musk are still distinctly discernible and even have some throw.

This starts off a lovely floral musk on me, but dries down to a sharp, almost sawdust-esque sandalwood, with just a hint of vanilla in the background.

I don't do white florals well, but this is a blend I might actually be able to wear. It's citrusy at first and then wears down to something more mellow, sweet flowers and musk with citrus. It kind of reminds me of sunscreen in a pleasant way.

frimp from the Lab

Wet: More sharp floral and greenery than citrus.

Dry: This is a gorgeous soft floral. The sharpness all fades, and I'm left with something akin to honeysuckle maybe? I'm not great at picking out florals. But it's lovely, light and feminine. This would be beautiful for spring.

When wet this is beautiful fresh cut, dewy flowers with a sprig of mint. As it dries, the mine comes out more. I think I will revisit this in spring. Most mints are more summery for me, but this is definitely a spring mint since it is more about the florals and less about the mint.

Musk in the bottle, and goes on as musk with a generic white floral. This curdles briefly into something sickly sweet, and then fades into an acceptable lily. I have other lilies which are much nicer. Pass.

I picked up an imp of this based on recommendations I was seeking for Lemon-based scents.

Unfortunately, I get *no* citrus from this at all, not lemon, not verbena. On me it's all China musk and white florals.

It's lovely, but definitely not for me. Oh well!

I am always questing for a lemony oil, something to see me through the unbearably hot days of summer. And while this is a scent that would be good for summer, its not the lemony perfume I was hoping for.

I get all white must, and faint white florals. Not unpleasant, but not quite what I was hoping for either. It will be good in the heat, but its also not really pushing my buttons.

Oh well!

This is lovely, but very very light - almost too light to notice.

In the imp and wet on the skin the white sandalwood is most noticeable, followed by the most ephemeral of musks and a tiny hint of florals. There's hardly any throw, but it's nevertheless a comforting, serene blend. It would be an ideal bedtime scent.

In the imp: The neroli, lemon, white florals, and bergamot are jumping out at me the most.

Wet: Musky white florals backed by citrus. The light musk and florals grow more prominent, and the scent smells really clean. As it begins to dry, I begin to detect the sandalwood. The scent is also becoming sweeter.

Dry: After it has been dry for a while, the white sandalwood ends up as the dominant note, with the white florals and musk underneath. The citrus has dissipated, and sadly, I can't pick out the vanilla.

Verdict: This one was better than I thought it would be (given it has neroli in the description), but it's still not really my cup of tea. That said, I'm glad I got to try it.

Edited by dementia_divine

Vanilla is doing it's vanilla thing on me and turning this into a lemon cake. It's not a very strong scent in general, but what I do get is a lemon iced cake. Since I don't really like smelling like cake, it's not for me.

I got this as a frimp, and dismissed it at first, because it seemed to light. And now I am very glad I saved it to be tried again in spring!

This smells like spring and like cake and like perfume.

Wet, lemon is prominent, with something else going on around it.

As it dries and warms up, the vanilla comes out more, and blends beautifully with the lemon. There is something duskier hovering on the background...

Later, it is a light, vanillary musk, that stays around for surprisingly long.

A light, pretty, yellow&white spring scent! I will be sad when my imp runs out.

It certainly is a gentle, white scent, all softness and light. But I get more than a drop of vanilla - this is like 70% clean, non-foodie vanilla for me, with something else clean (the China and white musks maybe) making up the remainder. Finally a clean scent I truly love - most "clean" scents just smell like detergent and soap to me, but Zephyr is something special.

The scent is very confusing wet initially. Lots of citrus notes clamoring against the white florals and with the white musk it's a bit too sharp and busy and soapy. Thankfully it soon settles in, and the neroli stands out over the top of the rest of the notes with the lemon and bergamot trailing behind. It's bright and still smells very clean, more like breezy linens rather than soap at this point. As it settles further the musk, sandalwood, and gardenia round it out more. Very fresh and clean spring scent.

In the imp: A swirl of fresh scents. I can pick out neroli and white musk. 

On my skin:

Wet, yep -- neroli and white musk. As it dries, it becomes the 100% Neroli Show -- which is a little odd since I tend to amp lemon and so was expecting Lemon Takeover. 

Aaaand it stays the Neroli Show. I don't mind, but I have a feeling this Lab-fresh imp might need to age.  

Received as an imp. It smells soft, & girly on me. It's complex. In the bottle it is lemony. On my skin it turns into a gentle floral musk. Definitely a springtime scent.

Bought a fresh lab imp.  In the vial this is a punch to the face with musk.  After putting it on, vanilla and sandalwood appear.  I detect no lemon.

Then, when it dries, sandalwood beats every other note to death, turning it into pencil shavings haunted by the ghost of vanilla.  It smells exactly like Velvet did on me.

Sandalwood always does this on my skin.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

*cries*

I love so many of the scents listed as components. I have seen how lovely this sounds on other people. And I'm sure this is great *on other people*, but on me it's orange blossom single note. Sigh.

My imp is aged, so I may need to retest this with a fresh imp. It's a nice scent, but definitely not bottle worthy for me. I'm mostly getting vanilla and lemon, none of the other notes appear on me. :cry: It also doesn't last very long and have much throw. Going to hold onto my imp for now but I am pretty disappointed with this one.

In the imp, I get light citrus and maybe a hint of white floral, but white musk stands out the most. When I apply it, my skin mostly eats up the citrus notes and lemon verbena, leaving me with soft white musk and a bit of powdery sandalwood. Even without the citrus notes, it's still a pretty, inoffensive, spring-friendly scent. Apart from being a good springtime scent, I could see this being good for office situations or other places you might want an unobtrusive scent. Low-ish throw and medium wear. (NB: This is a lab fresh imp, so I'm curious to see if aging brings out the other notes more.)

This is a very masculine and tart scent on wet. I pull back my nose as soon as I smell my hand - not what I expected at all.

It's either the breeze (actually reminds me of that airy and bitter smell in room sprays) or the bergamot that gives it this really tart quality, but it overpowers most other things I can detect.

On drydown, some citrus and florals are peeking out.

Even if there is a light floral blend underneath, it's totally floored by the breeze scent that's so overpowering on me.

I cannot detect any vanilla or neroli. The full lemon/orange/floral vibe is totally lost on me.

This is a very grown-up scent. Rather androgynous in the end, but nothing I can imagine ever reaching for.