Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Squirting Cucumber

Yikes! A spurt of wet, grassy greenness.

In the imp: More grass than cucumber. Pretty and green-smelling.
Wet: And now it's mostly cucumber. A very green scent.
Dry: Cucumber with a slight grassy edge. This could very easily veer off into Dove deoderant territory, but thankfully it never does. Nice!

Smells exactly like new-mown grass on me.. After about 2-3 mins a light cucumber scent appears. Reminds me of cucumber sandwiches. The scent sticks close to the skin, with very light throw. a light fresh scent that only for you. (As only you can smell it most of the time)

Smells like really fresh, juicy cucumber mixed about 50/50 with a fresh green grass, and maybe the tiniest hint of gardenia.

The cucumber is super wet and juicy, smells like the moment just after you cut into one.

Over time, the grass starts to predominate a little more, but the other scents stick around in the background.

In the Imp (ITI): Fresh, juicy, just-cut cucumber. It's wet, green, fresh, and delicious!

Wet: On my skin, it's less cucumber and more something slightly floral and aquatic. I still get the cucumber impression, but it's muddled with the other notes that take away from the delicious purity of a freshly sliced cucumber.

Dry: Thankfully, the aquatic overtones have mellowed out some, allowing the cucumber to settle back toward the top with the grassy notes.

This was a frimp, and while it's something I'd never have thought to order for myself, it's a hit.

In the imp it's fresh cucumber with a light, sweet floral and a hint of grass. It smells juicy.

Wet it reminds me tremendously of some lotion my aunt used to have. I have no idea what it was called. I just know her bedroom always smelled like it, and she always put it on if she had been in the sun a little too long. (She was a big fan of reusing bottles, so nothing was ever what the label said it was!) It was a blast from the past to the point I could close my eyes and see the bedroom in all its old detail, even though it has been almost twenty-five years since I was there before my uncle died and she sold the house. Cucumber lotion, but not in a chemical way. I think it's the floral giving it that impression, possibly lily of the valley.

Dry it's cucumber, cut grass, and lily, sweet and fresh, a perfect summer scent. It's skin close. I have to get my nose right on it to catch a whiff. It has decent staying power. There was still a touch of sweetness after several hours. I'll keep and enjoy the imp. I haven't yet decided if I love it enough for a bottle purchase. It was very nice to have the unexpected scent memory. I always had such a lovely time visiting my aunt and uncle at their house on Black Lake.

Definitely sweet, grassy cucumber. Very wet and juicy, but not watery like actual cucumber flesh. When wet, it's very bright and fresh. Dries down to something a little less light - more soapy now, which is okay, but not my favorite. I wish this would stay exactly like it was when it was wet - it was such a perfect scent to combat the disgusting muggy humidity today. Pleasant, but probably not a keeper.

First Sniff: Freshly cut cucumber.

Initial Wet Application: The same as first sniff, this is spot-on freshly cut cucumber. This is definitely green and from plant matter and it’s a bit creepy how realistic this is!

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): Five minutes in and this has already tamed way, way down, even after I re-applied heavily with 2 more swipes of the wand. (What is it with these imps fading on me?!?) I’m still getting fresh cucumber, but it’s got a grass edge to it now too.

My Reaction: I had gotten this imp because I’ve been looking for the perfect, freshly cut grass scent from the lab and this had the highest reviews for that. This is definitely grass, but it’s not freshly cut grass unfortunately, but really well cared for and fertilized grass. It’s vibrant and most certainly a ‘green’ scent. I could see this being a very pleasant springtime scent. It’s not particularly strong on me, but when I sniff my wrists I can still detect the fresh cucumber and grass.

Rating: 2.5

In the imp: Straight up cucumber. Cold, juicy & fresh. There's a hint of grass in the background, but only if you're really looking for it. The oil is completely clear too, it almost looks like water!

Wet on skin: Same as in the imp, only stronger! Very cool & refreshing!

Dry on skin: Pretty much the same as wet. I really want a cooling spray/mist that smells exactly like this for summertime!

After a few hours: More grass & some light aquatic florals now, but yeah, still cucumber!

Verdict: This will be really handy for in summer when it's hot & gross & I just want to feel cool & fresh! I think I'll probably end up testing a couple of drops in a small spray bottle with water (shaken before use, obviously) to spritz on my skin during hot days! It smells like it would be perfect for that!

Very pretty and light. A soft green, not too floral, slightly lemony. A bit too remniscent of "lemony fresh" household cleaner (but much prettier) for me to wear.

In the imp: Fresh mown grass with a touch of cucumbery sweetness.

Wet on my skin: Exactly the same as in the imp.

Dry: This fades quickly on me, but it's a perfect blend of crisp cucumber and freshly mown summer grass. It's a very green and almost earthy scent on me. Not really something I'd wear, but it will be nice to put in my air purifier/humidifier.

In the imp: Simple but pleasant: I would say this is the exact scent of the color green: grass and cucumber, in about a 60/40 proportion. The only surprise here is the amount of throw it has - if the imp is uncorked, I can easily smell it a foot away, which is rare for me.

Wet: Now it's more like 60% cucumber and 40% grass, but this is still a very WYSIWYG* scent - grass and cucumber we were promised, and grass and cucumber we get. I could see this being a wonderful cooling summer scent; I especially like JuliskaMarie's idea of mixing it with water in a spray bottle!

Dry: Unsurprisingly for a light, fresh scent like this, lasting power is pretty much nil. My skin holds perfumes fairly well, but this one didn't last beyond 2-3 hours. Fairly linear all the way down.

This one reminds me strongly of Embalming Fluid, both in its light/fresh/clean properties, and in its (lack of) longevity. However, I like this one a bit better than EF, so I'll be hanging on to it until some unbearably muggy summer day comes around, when this will be exactly the refresher I need.

* What You See Is What You Get. Sorry for the flashback, fellow 90s kids.

Another frimp — not something I'd have chosen, but I may wind up getting a bottle! Really nice.

Cucumber in the bottle. Goes on as sweet fresh cucumber, sweetening into a floral, and drying down to a juicy grass. Very reminiscent of Aracana Soap's Avalon minus the apples. I like this a lot.

In the imp: This smells like exactly like cucumber and freshly cut grass. It's very juicy and wet smelling. Also, it's pretty strong.

Wet on Skin: Just smells like juicy grass! It's slightly sweet and I can still smell a little of the cucumber but it's definitely not as strong as it was in the vial.

Dry: This hasn't changed much- still sweet, juicy green grass with a hint of cucumber. It faded pretty quickly. I've had it on for about 3 hours now and if I press my nose to my wrist I can still smell a faint grassy sweet scent but that's about it.

This smells very fresh and green without being too sharp. I would definitely wear this in the summer time when I want something light and refreshing!

This is like Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon grew up, divorced Melon, and went to college for graphic design. I love it - great summer scent.

Edited by freyasfae

Yeuckkkk. This one is far too green for me. It does smell pretty much exactly like a freshly mowed lawn, so if you're into fresh, grassy, "clean" scents I'm sure you'll love this.

Lab frimp. I actually wanted to love this because I love, love, love grassy scents. I don't need my grass to be sweet though - I prefer the earthiness of fresh, green grass. The sweet cucumber here reminds me of something from bath & body (everyone used to be obsessed with cucumber melon), which makes this a little less interesting for me. Alas, the hunt for the perfect grass scent continues!

Wand: Cucumber and lettuce, and fresh water drops sitting on them like dew. Mostly cucumber, though.

Wet: Green-splosion. The notes are cool and lean aquatic and a little floral. I get cucumber (mostly), lettuce, grass, maybe a little galbanum, maybe a little green tea. Gardenia, maybe, adds a creamy floral.

Dry: This turns toward cucumber soap on me after drying. Mostly, though, it's the same scent, but mild now, instead of being so forwardly fresh.

I think I can find occasions for the cool green of this sample.

Cucumber. It smells exactly like cucumber. After a few hours it turns a little sweeter, like a nice cucumber-melon lotion, and soon afterwards disappears. It isn't a very long-lasting scent on me, but I love it for the duration that I can smell it.

In the imp: CUCUMBER! Very much a cucumber and fresh-cut grass scent, with a floral note that I can’t quite pinpoint.

Wet: A pretty, floral-grassy cucumber scent.

This smells SO MUCH like fresh-cut cucumber, with a hint of floral and some newly-mown grass in the background. It’s extremely “wet” and juicy smelling - you know, like cucumber is - and very green and fresh. I don’t know that I can pick out the particular floral note but there’s definitely something floral here along with the cucumber. I don’t get any melon, which is good for me as I don’t love cucumber and melon together (I was in middle school in the late 90s!).

I want to say that the floral here is something in sweet-greenish sort of family, maybe lily of the valley? I swear I saw someone recommend this with regards to a honeysuckle note in the recommendations forum, which is why I picked this up to begin with. As it is, it's primarily concerned with being a cucumber scent, but the floral does blossom (ha!!!) a little as the scent dries down, and the juiciness of the cucumber does evaporate a little.

This also lasts a surprisingly long time for such a cool, green, fresh scent. I imagine it will be gorgeous in hot, humid weather too.

There's a cucumber note in Tea Time in Roswell that was really strong on me. I didn't care for it. I think that's what I was expecting out of this, but that's not what I get. This has a bitterness to it that comes from something other than cucumber. I don't care for it either, but I had to try it anyway!

Right on application it's watery-sweet and VERY cucumber scented. It's sweeter than I expected, and much less grassy than I thought it would be. There's perhaps a delicate watery floral in here, only very slight... oh no wait, there's the grass note. The smell of a freshly mowed lawn comes up STRONG and very suddenly. It's very much like lying in a field of grass (without the itching because I'm really allergic haha). The color association I get here is pale translucent green with flecks of dark grass. The grass note sticks around for not quite an hour before fading back a bit, then continues to dance between being very upfront and almost unnoticeable past the juicy sweetness of the cucumber. It's springy and fresh, a scent category I like in theory but which is not quite my style. This would be a good scent for a slightly breezy but pleasant day in March. I'm not sure how much I'll wear it tho, I think an imp is quite enough for me. This faded quite fast and had a low throw, not unexpected for a light scent on me.

Super juicy and fresh cucumbers! It's like picking them out of the garden and cutting them open for a salad in the summer. It's very crisp, fresh, and just generally refreshing. It also is a little grassy so it doesn't really feel like visiting a spa for me, but just being in the garden on a sunny day. I get to enjoy it quite a bit when it's warm. Even the significant otter enjoys wearing it sometimes, which is a feat.

I first bought a bottle of this back in 2009 before I found the forum and liked it (after I adjusted to the difference between BPALs and commercial perfume). I remembered it being intensely juicy and green, and when I got back into BPAL I never tried it again in favor of green scents that I found softer. However, I just got a frimp of this and its so different than I remember. Juicy but soft grassy cucumber, might need a new bottle!

In the Imp: Cucumber and something greener and sharper, like grass. If "cucumber zest" was a thing, I'd call it that. 

On my skin:

Wet, there's something about this that almost smells like the inside flesh of a hot green pepper. That note quickly fades, and I'm left with a cucumber that's accented with something crisp and green, like grass, as well as with something bright and fruity, like lime. 

Many minutes dry, and the cucumbery, grassy, limey combination persists in approximately the same form. It's not unlike a certain stage of Green Phoenix, though this doesn't seem likely to go to either candy or moss any time soon. 

The scent doesn't morph for me, but after about an hour, it does start to fade. Its throw settles down on the closer side of medium. 

This is done very nicely for the type of scent it is. It's a nice variation on a bright, clean, refreshing scent. It's not usually what I want to smell like in a perfume, but I'd very much like it in something like a body wash. 

i'm finally trying this after all these years! it's a grassy fresh cucumber-y scent. it's got a cooling summer vibe...which is why i am testing it during a heatwave :) it reminds me a bit of the scent of my hair after washing it with super old school herbal essences shampoo:

15ba590e7af2c57974cbdece360f113e.jpg

grassy, a bit herbal with cucumber. very cooling, refreshing and uplifting on a hot summer day. i'm glad i finally got to try this.