Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Squirting Cucumber

While wet, it's like a freshly cut open cucumber, very crisp and juicy, kind of watery. There's a hint of grass. When it dries, it gets more grassy. A very clean, green scent.

This seems like something that'd be great to wear on a hot summer day to feel cooler and more refreshed.

In the imp: Very wet, grassy greens but not particularly cucumbery to my nose. 

After wearing, it's cucumber. An actual liquid cucumber that I really should have expected, but somehow still surprised me with how assuredly cucumber it was. Not a zucchini or green grass or some other "fresh" plant, but a real, fresh cucumber straight from the farmer's market. It lasted quite a while on me as well, and stayed very true. 

Layers well with Envy and Apothecary. 

I was on vacation in the south of Spain when I touched the pod of a plant I had never seen before and it exploded in a spurt of wet... well, just that really, wet. Which was quite amazing given the fact that the summer in that area is hot and dry, unless you go to the ocean you don't see a lot of wet. I made some photos and once home searched what plant it could have been. It was then that I discovered that Squirting Cucumber wasn't just a funny name, it's a real plant! I immediately dug up my imp of Squirting Cucumber and realized that I not only liked the image that I now had with the name, I liked the scent as well. I soon bought myself a bottle.

This really is a lovely summer scent. It's green, and it smells fresh, but it also has a slight sweetness underneath that is (to me) reminiscent of vanilla. Now I am not saying it's a vanilla scent, but it certainly has a softness you would not expect from the description. I really think Squirting Cucumber deserves more love than it has been getting. I hope it will win more than one round in the Tournament of Underdogs!

Squirting cucumber is so charming. 

Lily of the valley/muguet, lilac, rose geranium, undercurrent of rosemary, basil?, citrus

Simultaneously cucumber, fleeting fresh cut grass scent.

Both vegetable and elegant bridal spring time scent. Light, refreshing, angelic with a fancy hotel lotion-esque drydown. This smells super classy me. 

Recommended for pastel femme situations, descending staircases in sheer white nightgowns with marabu, and appearing more virtuous while clandestinely handling produce at the farmers market

A long forgotten frimp from the lab.... I do not know when I got it, it was in my mum's vanity.

In imp: Grass

Wet: Grass & what a cucumber tastes like. If you could smell bright green, which some people can [but I doubt it smells the same to all of them], it would be this.

In the drydowns: It doesn’t really change much. It pretty much declares it’s a cucumber & doesn’t really change it’s position on that. Which, I don’t know what I expected, given the name. Maybe I’m grateful there was nothing to give the idea it was squirting anything. It remained a cucumber.

Wear & Throw: It stayed a cucumber for a solid 4 hours, then it sort of rolled away to be a figment of a cucumber. The throw, thankfully, was low. I was going to make a squirting pun, but it even grossed me out.

On Me? It’s unisex. I mean, I don’t really know what else a cucumber can be. I guess you could make a cologne pun, or even a perfume pun, but in the end, everyone can have a nice time with a cucumber.

Final thoughts: I won’t judge, but I do not want to smell like a salad bar & that’s the kind of cucumber it wants to be. Not a fancy spa where they put slices on your eyes, or in fizzy water. It’s a gas station salad bar & that’s not my thing.

Very very green grass and a fresh clean cucumber. Think of a salad made from homegrown cucumber and dandelions and that's kinda what this is like on me. Too grassy for my tastes and also too much cucumber. Would have liked this better if it had more different notes.

When I first tried this I found it weirdly sweet, like sweetened cucumber juice. Retesting my imp, that extra sweetness has gone away, and it's refreshing cucumber with maybe a touch of grass. A good one for hot weather.

I think this smells like grass, my partner argues it smells of cucumber. Both are green I suppose! Squeaky clean fresh scent

Well, truth in naming for me. It smells like cucumber that has just been cut into and is getting its juice everywhere. This is unfortunate because I'm slightly allergic to raw cucumber, and the scent does not come with good associations for me. I could see it being a fresh and lovely scent for someone else. Fortunately, this was a gifted imp, not one that I picked out myself.

This will get passed along to someone who will enjoy it more.

I’ve worn this a couple times, and enjoy the light refreshing green sensation. 

That’s what I was hoping for this morning, on the second/heaviest day of my period, and WHAM: white florals. A grab bag of white flowers on top of a tray of sliced cucumbers. Maybe this is what the squirting cucumber plant smells like?

A hint of pepper comes through on the dry down. Cucumber flowers with grass and pepper. 

It’s fun to know that this a scent that can change a lot with my body, and it’s always lovely. 

Medium throw. Lasts about an hour. Bottleworthy just to be able to reapply frequently. 

Cucumber, but with a slight perfumy sweetness instead of the hint of sourness that real cucumber has. Like an idealised cucumber, but still very recognisably a cucumber. Very cool, fresh and green. Not really my thing though.