Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season's Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

First sniff out of the bottle this smells to me like a cross between Miskatonic University and Harvest Moon '06. At first it is all apple with a hint of cider. There is something else in there that smells to me like the 'autumn wind' note that is in Hunter Moon in Samhain.

After I slather it on and let it sit a minute I can smell the caramel coming out. Now it smells like a big caramel covered apple. Mmmmm. :yum: As it drys down it smells more to me like Miskatonic University (the butterscotch note?) and apples. I don't detect the coconut rum note in this at all.

Conclusion- Creepy is creepy and not at all like Spooky. This is the scent of autumn wind, cider, and caramel apples.

I'm going to second what's already been posted, in that this is really a perfect caramel apple scent.

In the bottle, it definitely smells like Miskatonic University, which is how I knew that I would love it! But the foody, butterscotchy scent isn't all that you get, there's just a hint of crisp apple that's similar to the apple note in Punkie Night or Harvest Moon '06.

Once it's on and starts to dry the apple becomes much more noticible until it hits the perfect mean of apple and caramel. It actually smells sticky. Go figure. :D There's something else, too... I don't think it's the rum (well, at least not the coconut part of coconut rum) that reminds me of the way the air smells right after you've raked leaves: that musky, organic bite that scents the air.

I adore this. It's foody but not too foody (if that makes any sense at all), and is SUCH an autumn smell.

I'm going to go make caramel apples, now. I think I have the ingredients left over from the night the update went live. :P

In the bottle, I got mostly apples with a hint of caramel, but on my skin this becomes the thick, distinctive scent of a caramel apple. I was sitting on the other side of the room and my husband (who's not good at guessing notes) started sniffing the air. He said, "I smell Halloween Hallmark store" then, "Something smells like caramel apples." In my personal opinion, this is a great blend for Halloween, but not something I'd regularly. I'm not one for the overly foody scents, but this is nice.

It is just so beautiful! Its more than I had imagined and I am in sheer love with this oil. In the bottle all I smell is fresh crisp and juicy apples with caramel dipping sauce.. It is truly amazing in the bottle..

Wet on the skin: This is the apple scent I wanted with Harvest Moon '06.. it is just the most juicy apple you have ever smelled. I can still smell the caramel here and a hint of butterscotch..

On drydown: Now this is what I am talkin about.. This is the epitome of Autumn, caramel apples and rich butterscotch and as it is continuing to dry I am getting a slightly spicy and green scent.. its hard to place but I want to say freshly fallen leaves.. This is the most amazing scent and I am hoarding this bottle like you would not believe..

The first of many more Samhain scents to come.

In the bottle: An overwhelming butterscotch caramel scent with a juiciness in the background. It's also tart and sweet at the same time.

Wet: There's the apple and it makes me want to bite my wrist! There's also a wood scent mingling in, so it's not overly sweet.

Drydown: The buttery caramel combines with the crisp apple scent, transforming into the perfect caramel apple that I got as a kid for a treat. The foodies among the BPALers will be head over heels in love!

:P

Very similar to Punkie Night except this one has a warmer feel to it. Definitely caramel apples...to perfection. I want to eat my arm

These Halloween scents are to die for. Simply amazing.

This is definately one of the most interesting scents I've ever worn. Creepy constantly morphs on my skin, and I really like every version of it.

In the bottle it's, "Yup, that's butterscotch-kissed, caramel apple." It was like that going on wet too. Some people already said they didn't smell the coconut rum at all, and for the first little while I thought, "Where's the rum gone?!"

It took a while, but then it suddenly morphed into just coconut rum. Please note that it's not "coconut." It's "coconut RUM." There is a distinct difference. A few hours later, I noticed that it changed again back into just caramel. Then again, my body chemistry was quite out of whack yesterday and I'm wondering if stress made any difference in how it morphed.

So yeah, you should get every single note that's mentioned in the description, but it might not all be at the same time! Overall, I find this a very fun scent. Definately a pick-me-up-when-I'm-feeling-blue.

NEW!: I'm wearing it in my scent locket, and it's quite impressive. It retains a very true "caramel apple" scent that's just delightful. It's very potent and has a lot of throw. It's overwhelming the Spooky I have on my skin. It's not slam you in the face throw like with MB: Closet, but it's definately there.

One more thing..... :P

Edited by Teggy

BPALCreepy.jpg

In the bottle

Butterscotch and booze, no red apples yet.

On

Okay, red apple now. Yum-ay.

30 minutes

Red apples and caramel, the booziness has gone underground and there's a bit of coconut left behind (I'll ignore that for now).

Throw:

no

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

Creepy is really good, however if I need an Autmn-like red apple fix, I'll reach for Punkiee Night more I think.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

In the bottle:

POWERFUL butterscotch!

On me:

In the bottle it is straight up sweet butterscotch, but immediately the apple kicks in when it hits my skin. Beth's apple note doesn't smell straight up apple on my skin (as I've mentioned in my other reviews) so it's kind of apple with and airy, slightly floral quality on me. The apple isn't the main note here though, that butterscotch is still pretty front and center. There is a green-ness coming from the apple note though that sort of grounds this and keeps it from becoming candyish on me.

Not too long after putting it on, the rum becomes incredibly apparent. I now smell like delicious rum with a greenish apple background and a hint of butterscotch. The caramel may be too close to the butterscotch smell for me to directly smell it, but the coconut doesn't seem to be there at all, which disappoints me.

Final note:

Though I hope that next time I wear this I get more coconut, it's a really great scent. Very fun and sweet and a little boozey. Great scent!

Edited by Brianne

In Bottle: Caramel apple

On Skin: Oh yum… oh yum… oh yum. Can I eat my wrist? The details in this scent are so dead-on I have no idea how Beth does it. I smell the sweet butter of the butterscotch… so sticky. The brown camelized sugar, gooey… more yum. The tart and crisp apples, I can feel myself biting into them and tasting each of these flavors. And under it all the slight booziness of the coconut rum. I am in love!!! This scent is amazing and one of the best foody blends I have ever tried. I want to wear it, bathe in it, scent the room with it… oh yes! This is so perfect for the Halloween season!! I think this ties with Sugar Skull 04 for me as my favorite scent to get festive and in the mood for Halloween. My bottle will be used quickly which means I must order another. Strong throw and short to average wearlength.

Edited by slave1

This is flippin' gorgeous. I must have more! I forsee hoarding in my future... this is amazing on me. It's all caramel at first, and butterscotch and so, so good. It's like I wished Red Lantern smelled on me (but didn't). Then the apple peeks out. And it's even better. And then I smell the rum from Spooky. And it's just as good as it was in Spooky. And then I need to stop myself from licking my arm again. It's been almost impossible for me to pry myself away from this bottle and try the others. Damn this is good.

EDITED TO ADD: My husband has lost his bloody mind. He hates this! :P And the only reason he can come up with is, "it's sweet." Yet he loves Spooky. Screw it. I don't care. He can suffer, I love this blend so much I really don't care.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Oh. My. Gods.

This is the perfect caramel apple. It's rich, and there's a little hint of the almost-burnt scent that good caramel has. It's got massive amounts of throw too. I'm not sure I'd wear this as a personal scent, but I'm definitely keeping it around. It'll be a great room scent, or as a layer with something that needs a bit of richness to make it perfect.

creepy.jpg

REally nice. If you like foody scents get Creepy now! There is the overwhelmingly butterscotch and caramel lash of Grog plus the astringent/tart snap of fresh apples. Really nice play of one against the other and back again. I really love this scent and think it is a grand Halloween scent. I am going to be loving this one into Thanksgiving as well. Mmmmm.

In the bottle: caramel apples

Wet: caramel apples

Dry: caramel apples! If you enjoy foody scents you will love Creepy. It is a wonderful novelty and seasonal scent, but not something I would wear every day.

I'm digging the Creepy. I normally don't really like foody scents that much (aside from ones with honey notes), but this one I like. Normally an hour or so after I put on something foody (like Sugar Skull or even Jack), I get tired of the foodyness. But this one is just crazy enough to work.

It takes until a bit in the drydown for the apple to pop out, but there it is! The coconut rum takes even longer and is softer once it does, but it's all there.

In the bottle: RUM apple caramel. For some reason I'm really getting that blast!

Wet: Creamy, creamy caramel, warm and sticky. Mmmm.

Dry: There's something off about the apple...it smells like "fake" apple to me. But the caramel smells delightful, and it smells very rich and desserty, and autumnal. Delicious!

Creepy - in the bottle it's all caramel apples which makes me worry that it will be a little too cloying for my tastes. Once on, the butterscotchy, caramelly-ness still dominates the apple. It really smells like fresh dipped caramel apples - there isn't the cool crispness that apples generally have but rather a warm (but not baked) aroma; apples in the sun maybe. This is not as strong as I thought it would be and not overly sticky sweet either. It's a nice blend of the two dominant scents and a perfect fall perfume.

This is a must hoard for me.

When I first put it on it was all apple like punkie night. Nice but I didn't want a duplicate. Within a minute I started getting hints of caramel. Yum. I thought it might get too sweet but the tart apple keeps it in line and I can't stop sniffing it. This is pure freshly dipped caramel apple just a hint of booze. I don't get any coconut but this is the scent I will be reaching for most this fall. :P

Creepy is all about pumpkin butter on buttered toast and a glass of apple cider. I can make out the coconut if I focus. This is one foody scent that seems to work for me. The scent sort of sneaks up on you. It isn't overwhelming at all. Lovely creamy sweet goodness!

This is fun! I don't get the apple that most get, in fact, I kind of wish there was more apple on me. What I do get it very very sweet, thick caramel, very dark brown, with just a bit of burnt sugar. It's definitely not the burnt sugar of sugar skull. It's just barely there. It's awesome!

Gee, Creepy sure wasn't what I was expecting at all!

First of all: I love foody scents, but now that I've come to think of it, I tend to stick with the vanilla and cotton candysweet foodies. This is not at all vanilla sweetness but sticky sweetness,

Second: I didn't like the buttery note in Miskatonic University and Gluttony, which is probably butterscotch, and Creepy has that same note,

Third: I don't wear Beth's apple note very well, it smells slightly artificial on me and in combination with the sticky butterscotch scent in Creepy it smells a bit strange.

Fourth: Where's that coconut rum note??

Then.. why did I order it at all?

I love the concept and I love the apple note in one of the pumpkin patch bottles, I was hoping for a Midway sweetness with apple but sadly it doesn't work on me. :D

I'm keeping my bottle, because maybe it ages nicely like my Sugar Skull 2004 which I really disliked at first but I love it now.

:crosses fingers:I will try it next year :P

Seriously, if you're looking for a caramel apple scent this fall, BUY this.

On me, it's not a pure caramel apple, which is fine...if I wanted a plain caramel apple scent, there are tons of etailers I could go to. This? This is much deeper with the butterscotch and rum bringing it to a whole other level for me!

Another fall winner!

I think this is probably the one blend that stays the most consistent on me from wet to wear. It's an uber gooey caramel apple through and through.

Very nice and foody for a sweet-toothed sucker like me.

I WANT TO HAVE MYSELF FOR DESSERT!!!

Creepy is so yummy smelling, it's apples smothered in caramel and butterscotch goodness. No coconut rum in here that I can smell, but, this scent doesn't need it.

And again, I find myself wanting to eat myself.

Mmmmmm just like a caramel apple...with a little chaser!

I love Creepy. This is the first real "foodie" scent that I've tried, besides Punkie Night, and it's so fun! It really tickles me to smell like a tasty snack, but really I just enjoy taking deep whiffs from the bottle. It's frickin' DELICIOUS.