Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season’s Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

this is for a friend but you know i can't just let it go without testing it first :P

bottle: butterscotch!!! i hate butterscotch but it smelled good

skin: butterscotch for a few seconds, then CANDY, then AAAPPPLLLEE. now the butterscotch and caramel are working together to make a nice scent with the apples. :D

i wish i could wear foody scents. this is so pretty. T_T of to Crube it goes.

In the bottle - Coconut rum, actually this does smell like Malibu with a smidgen of butter lobbed in

Wet on me - Apple, but oddly cold and distant apples

Dry on me - Indistinct creamy custard

Overall - I like this, but I'm not wowed by it.

In the bottle Creepy smells warm and pumpkin-y with a faint undertone of coconut and apples. On the pumpkin sits on top at first and for awhile and on the dry down the coconut comes out. It finally settles into a nice apple which I love. A definite winner.

I'm afraid that there's nothing that I can really add to this topic, other than reiterating everything everyone else has said. This is the perfect, buttery caramel apple scent! It stays true on my skin, but grows a little more complex, which is definitely nice.

I'm so happy I have a bottle of it! :P

In the bottle: Apple-y goodness...overlaid a bit with the caramel. There's something else there that's a bit murky (in a good way)...must be the rum.

Wet: Pretty much the same as in the bottle. The apple scent intensified a bit.

Dry: It's funny, because I smell mostly apples, but not raw apples--apples baked with a bit of butter, maybe. I asked my son to sniff my wrist without telling him what the scent was supposed to be and he said, "Mmmmm....caramel!" So my nose gets the apple, and his gets the caramel.

I like it. I think it's a little too light for wearing by itself, however. This could be a nice after bath/before bed scent, or layered over something else to give it a bit more sweetness. Either way, I'm glad I got a big bottle of it.

This is the first scent I've tried, just got it today!

In the bottle, it smelled like buttered popcorn, more butter than anything. Once I put it on, I was thinking more along the lines of butter toffee, the popcorn part disappeared. An hour or two later, I found the description part, and only then did I smell the apple bit under the butterscotch/caramel. Not an "appley" apple, the kind of apple that only comes on sticks. But the caramel is definitely dominant. Doesn't seem to last very long, someone would have to have their nose virtually touching my skin after a couple of hours to smell it at all. But it's yummy. I like food. I can't notice any coconut rum at all.

Edited by roxyhead

This will be short and sweet (ha!): wet, Creepy is a juicy apple dripping with homemade caramel. Dry on me, it's butterscotch pudding. Sometimes the butter pops a little more than anything else, but most of the time it's just yummy butterscotch pudding.

I really wish I'd gotten a bottle. It's perfect for foody days.

In bottle: Delicious. The rum and coconut is heavy, but the caramel just makes it delicious.

On skin, wet: The rum and coconut fades when wet; It's just pure caramel, heady and very sweet. Was tempted to lick my arm.

On skin, dry: Dry, the apple comes through a bit; it takes on a bit of a sharper, fresher note, but mostly it's just dark caramel.

Really, *really* didn't like this one..which is a shame, it sounded really gorgeous & the label's so pretty :P

I get that horrible dusty note that's in Miskatonic University & Gluttony, plus some strong, very fake smelling apple. It didn't change or improve, stayed there smelling strongly unpleasant for about 4 hours before i scrubbed it off. Moo :D

In the bottle it's all tart apple.On my skin it's 100% caramel and rum.I was looking for more of a balance of the two.Not bad but not really great either.

In the bottle: Butterscotch and Caramel ice cream

On my skin: It's like within the dab I put on my wrist, the apple scent moves to one section of the dab, and the caramel-butterscotch moves to the other side. I can smell each distinctively and separately. The apple is like it has been marinated in pure sugar water. Very tart and super super sweet. The caramel/butterscotch overwhelms it though. The apple throws just a little, the caramel element throws a LOT. Too much.

On the dry down, the apple mellows even more, and the caramel/butterscotch becomes (if possible) even STRONGER. It's too rich for my blood.

I wanted to like this because I love PUNKIE NIGHT sooo much and was hoping this was similar, but to my nose, they are entirely different animals. I think I'll stick with trying to find more bottles of Punkie.

Wet: Butterscotch drops and boozy caramel apples.

First on: How does Beth do this?! My wrists smell EXACTLY like caramel apples!

Dry: Perfectly dipped caramel apples like you smell at fall carnivals. This smells amazingly delicious. I was wary, because it turns out I don't like Punkie Night and everyone was comparing... but this is like a slightly boozy walk through the caramel apple vendors at the state fair. I love it!

Mmmm... buttered popcorn and caramel apples! Or, maybe popcorn balls...

I don't know why, the butter in this just makes me think "Oh! Popcorn!"

It brings to mind fall carnivals and trick or treating way back when

people still handed out things like homemade cadied apples and popcorn

balls.

I loved this in the bottle, love it on my skin! The buttery smell fades a bit on,

and it settles down to a sweet, caramel scent with a hint of boozines which is

I, suppose, the rum. What can I say? Just... yum!

Mmmmmm *drool* This is like Jack, Miskatonic U and PP#2 got together for a threesome! I almost didn't try this one because I was afraid it would be 'just another apple scent'. But boy was I wrong. Thankfully for my foody beast within, I couldn't stand back from missing out on any possible caramel goodness, and I'm so glad I gave in because this is YUM! :P

This is one of my new favorites. This is a lot like Sugar Skull on me, but with fresh apple instead of other cooked fruits, and the sugary smells being much more dominant. The boy got everything from buttery caramel to maple to butterscotch to rum sauce from this. This has decent throw and long wear length.

In the bottle - straight-up butterscotch

On the skin - butterscotch at first, then caramel and sweet apple come out to play.

Sadly, that was the point at which I started sneezing and my husband said "eew, what is that smell?" I had to wash it off and swap this poor little thing away. :P

In the bottle: Butterscotch! Ooooooh. I seriously couldn't stop sniffing the bottle. After the immediate whiff I also got the tang of the apple in there, and a little bit of booziness; it reminded me of something, but I couldn't figure out what...

Wet: Okay, NOW I know what it reminds me of. I used to make this drink called a flaming apple that was a mixture of apple pucker and butterscotch schnapps with a thin layer of 151 on top, set on fire. This smells EXACTLY like that... which would make sense since it's pretty much the exact same ingredients. :P

Dry: I think I'm in love. The apple doesn't disappear on me, just gets a little sourer, like a green apple. The apple smell reminds me a lot of the really old apple fragrance from B&BW in the pink bottle. Mixed with the sweetness of the butterscotch, this is really nice. Not something I'd wear all the time since it just makes me smell like candy, but sometimes you WANT to smell like candy!

Imp: Caramel apples and popcorn

Wet:Red apples dipped in caramel, slightly boozy.

Dry: All caramel and candy corn. Sweet!

Amazing. I picked this up thinking it might be "interesting"...but I didn't expect to actually LOVE it. :P Caramel apples, totally. Sweet, but with a little bit of that apple tartness . It's really amazingly accurate. I probably wouldn't wear it everyday, but I could see getting a lot of use out of this around October!

In the bottle:

I'm getting caramel, with a hint of apple mostly. I can smell a small amount of coconut. Lovely!

On skin wet:

Toffee apples! There's a hint of rum in the background, which I'm hoping dies down a bit, since the toffee apple is lovely by itself :P

Dried down:

The apple and toffee have been completely overtaken by rum and butter. It's not a bad thing, though thankfully- it's actually quite nice! It isn't the type of thing I'd wear day to day, but I'd definitely wear it in October :D

Caramel/butterscotch, rum, and a faint whiff of apples are all I can smell in the bottle, a thick, sweet, yummy combination that smells syrupy and lickable.

On, it's even yummier. It fills out to a creamy butterscotch and rum scent with just a trace of apple spice. And the longer it's on the more buttery/caramel it smells. This is delicious! The apple here is not overwhelming; it's actually the apple spices I smell more even than the apple itself, and it's a very subtle note. Mostly, this is caramel and buttercream.

In the bottle: caramel, straight up. Yumm.... :P

Wet: apple crisp and lovely drenched in creamy gooey caramel. This is surprisingly light and fresh for something this foody and for Autumn.

Dry down: crisp red apple with caramel, still light and fresh. Good for a sparkling Fall days, not a evening scent.

Conclusion: surpisingly less foody than I thought. The rum gives it that underlying oomph. Again, this is a daytime Fall scent, going out with friends to walk around the lake or pick pumpkins in a farmer's field. I was dubious about this one but bought a bottle anyway. So glad I did.

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 5.

Bottle: Holy shamoly! That's a lotta caramel.

Wet: Pure, liquid caramel and butterscotch.

Drydown: A slight boozy note underlies the caramel.

Dry: Still strongly butterscotch and caramel, with booze underneath, but I can smell the sweet coconut coming out. Rather nice actually!

Dry (20 mins): Still tooth-achingly sweet and indulgent, but the apple comes out as just a tiny whiff to stop it being too cloying. Not a summer scent, but will be great by October!

Verdict: Slices of apple in a bowl of caramel and coconut rum.

Rating: 4/5

In the imp: Apple with a bit of caramel. Very sweet.

Wet: A blast of caramel that vanishes quickly under a steamroller of coconut.

Dry: Still coconut. Big time. A get a little whiff of apple every third sniff but this is mainly coconut.

Long-wear: This picks up a strange waxy overtone. I smell like a big waxy apple and coconut candle.

I don't really smell the coconut rum, but otherwise this smells exactly like the description. Yummy caramel apple. This would be AMAZING as a room scent.