Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season’s Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

In the imp: Caramel.

On Skin: Caramel explosion! It's the same sweet and heavy caramel that you find in Red Lantern. This time laced with coconuts and a hint of apples.

On Drydown: I get more of a meld now. Like a caramel dipped apple with some shaved coconut on top.

Verdict: This is an incredibly rich and sweet scent. Alas, foody lover I am not. Besides, I don't like the idea of constantly craving caramel apples and NOT being able to satisfy this craving.

ETA: Edited to add Lab description. Edited by zankoku_zen

In the Imp: Yum, totally caramels and apple juice. I've never sniffed an apple note and I'm very pleasantly surprised!

Wet on Skin: All I can smell is apples. Period. It's nice but I'm really hoping for some caramel to come out and smooth out the fruity.

Dry Down: Sadly I never get any sweetness except for the initial sniff in the imp. :P I was really hoping for this to be my signature Fall scent, too!

I got a full bottle of Creepy in a swap and I really, REALLY wanted to like it. It smelled divine in the bottle, all caramel and sugary goodness. However, rum tends to go off on me. When I put it on, the rum note turns everything to super sugary rubbing alcohol (with the slightest hint of apples behind everything). Every once in a while I can smell the caramel that lured me in to begin with, but the damned rum ruins it. Sob.

Creepy smells like a deliciously perfect caramel apple. I can almost detect the stickiness of the caramel. There's a touch of cool, windy autumn nights to go with the foody aspect of this. This is a keeper!

First sniff: Oh so very caramel-apple, and the apple is very very green. Yum.

Wearing: Ooh. There’s the coconut. Coconut and apple and pastry, all slathered in very buttery caramel.

In the bottle: Apple and coconut in equal measures.

Wet on skin: Still apple and coconut, with butter.

Drydown: The apple comes out stronger, and the caramel is very similar to that note in Midway. That note that I can happen to wear! It definitely smells like caramel apple, the coconut has gone to the background and I only smell the rum as a hint of boozy bitterness in the background.

Overall: A very pleasant nutty and buttery foody scent, with a lovely caramel. Unfortunately something morphs in it at some point, making it more bitter and less pleasant. I'll stick to Midway, I think, but this would have been a nice alternative.

In the imp: Butterscotch and apple - kind of like Misk Uni with apples actually!

Wet: Apples and loads of them! Unfortunately once again I am immediately reminded of the apple scented fabric softener I use. Not because this smells soapy at all, it's just what I associate with that apple scent now (maybe I should change fabric softeners...).

Drydown: Still lots of fabric softener apple, but with a little hint of coconut rum underneath.

Dry: This is a lot like Misk Uni now, but with a touch of apple. It is rather nice, but unfortunately I can't get past that fabric softener ssociation.

Creepy is precisely and nothing but caramel covered apples. It's quite sweet, the caramel/sugar not is almost the burnt sugar that i get in sugar skull, but the apples (red ones, not tart at all) balance it out nicely. Very, very sweet though, so brush your teeth afterwards. lol.

I wore this a lot last fall and got complimented on it all the time. On me it does not have tremendous staying power,so I have to re-apply frequently which is why I hardly have any left now. It opens with a very intense apple..nice,fresh,juicy. The sweet caramel,slightly smokey,gains in intensity as the apple fades. It is very yummy. I sometimes layer it with other fall scents as well.

I pulled out all my Halloweenie decants from last year, all the ones I never really tried properly or reviewed. Creepy being one of them.

To me, this smells like taking Jack and pouring rum all over it. My imp had trouble opening this morning so I had to pull and pull until it popped open and I got tons of oil all over myself... First thought was: GROG! RUM!!! Smells like a apple rum! YUM!

Then the caramel hit. Now I get this trade-off between coconut rum, the butterscotch, and the caramel, with the apple lingering in the background. This is the first blend I've really been able to pick out all the individual notes in, but it's wonderful. Very light-hearted, playful almost blend... At least that's what I get from it. It cheers me up like giving a kid some candy... It's a very nice scent.

in the bottle the coconut rum jumps out of the bottle and smacks you in the snout, then there's a butterscotchy smell that lazes up out. it's a little like carmelized sugar, but with a little bit more of a kick.

wet on skin yes, coconut, i can see you. sit down now, please. the apple is starting to amp on my skin.

dry on skin the coconut rum is incredibly fleeting (which i'm glad about) and what's left is a lovely perfume rendition of a caramel apple. it doesn't actually smell like a real, live, juicy caramel apple, but it's definitely sugar and apple and is very, very pleasant. i love this scent, but the coconut rum really holds it back for me. i'd like to find a bottle of this year's sugar-slathered candied apple to compare. without the coconut, i think this scent would be my favourite BPAL by far.

On the initial application, Creepy smells like I smeared a heap of caramel on my wrists. In the next phase the apple was invited and the two socialized and mingled. Rum and coconut are notes that can be difficult for me, but neither were standouts. They wore feathered masks to the party. They seemed to mix with the apple and create the scent of a gourmet fizzy drink: a sweetened, carbonated apple cider. The caramel note haunted the air around me, a sweet-faced ghost, but when I pressed my nose to my wrists, I was greeted with sparkling apples.

I can imagine wearing Creepy into the winter holidays. It would be a pleasurable scent to accompany leaf trodden walks and fireside gatherings.

This is 95% apples on me. I can catch a whiff of caramel in the background. I would probably love this if I hadn't tried Punkie Night, but I much prefer Punkie Night's spicy apple cider-y smell. Still, Creepy is quite tasty smelling, and it does make me want to eat my arm! :P

I loved the idea of a caramel apple type of scent, so I was very excited about getting to try this one.

In the bottle it smelled of boozy caramel. Strong and overly sweet.

As soon as I put it on, I knew it just wouldn't work. Caramel, butterscotch, and really boozy coconut rum; NO apple at all! It was strong, had great staying power, and completely over-the-top sweet. I just couldn't wear it :P

I really really really wanted to try Creepy- and after posting my ISO list, I got three imps!!!

:D So glad I did!! In the bottle this smelled very boozy- strong caramel (LOVE caramel!).

When I first put it on I could immediately smell nothing but apple!!! Where's the caramel?

After about 10 minutes- whew!!! No way!! That kinda smells like dirt!

After about 30 minutes- now THAT'S more like it. Yummy yummy yummy!! Except on me this smells more like CANDIED apple than caramel apple- you know with that hard red shell- still incredibly yummy.

I have been craving those caramel apple suckers that come out every fall. Everytime I catch a whiff of myself I get hungry.... LOL! If you see me licking myself- try NOT to be alarmed!!! :P

Update: Ok so I have been smelling this yummy-ness for several hours now, and it's been driving me NUTS what it reminds me of!! Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider.... Mmmmmmm..... *drool*

Edited by AleciaR

This is my go-to happy scent. I never wear it, but I have 2 bottles. Why? Because even though I have no desire to smell like a caramel apple, the smell itself makes me grin. Seriously - it's practically Pavlovian: *sniffsniffsniff* *happy sigh* *stupid!grin*

I have tried it on and on me, it's very true to its in-bottle scent. It's a coconut rum slathered caramel apple. (Note: this is about the only caramel note that plays nice with my skin. Everything else winds up smelling like burnt brown sugar.)

bottle: butterscotch, caramel, coconutty rum. this is rich and boozy!

wet: there is the teensiest hint of apple here, but this is an apple drenched in buttery, sweet rum.

dry: this is a sugary, sweet lightly apple scent. pure yum. :P

In vial: rum, coconut, and quite sour red apples.

Wet on skin: coconut .. and crisp apple ... and a touch of sweet booze. Very nice! The coconut fades quickly - now it's sweet toffee.

Dry on skin: mmmmmmmmmmmmm this is gorgeous! It's nearly all creamy toffee, with just a smidgeon of juicy apple, and the throw is excellent. I want more!

Oh. My. God. :P

Yes, Marci the newbie finally got this from a fellow MUA'er. I am absolutely IN LOVE.

Initial sniff on my skin: Sweet, fresh apples with a generous dollop of buttery caramel. Definitely picking up the coconut rum as well. It's in the backround, but it's definitely there!

Dry down: Apple note goes away...left with buttery coconut rum laced caramel. Delish!

Expectations: Something delicious! I love every note listed, and I'm starting to realize that foody scents work on me better than I thought they would.

In vial: I was blasted with butterscotch before I even got the vial open, and then once the cap was removed a juicy apple with a thin layer of caramel joined in.

On skin, wet: A lot of apple, small amounts of butterscotch and caramel. I think the rum is contributing to a slight tartness in the apple.

On skin, dry: I'm not positive (I got a bit distracted as it was drying), but it seemed to stay mostly like the wet version for a while.

After time: 15 minutes and it's butterscotch again, but very faint. I applied a very tiny amount, which is not ideal for knowing how it really works on me, but I have such high hopes that I didn't want to waste a bunch when testing rather than applying it for actual wear.

Conclusion: I can't imagine any way this could become unpleasant, given that all the notes are things I like and that work on me. The only concern is whether it lasts without frequent reapplication. Oh, and then there's the fact that I'm wary of wearing it around my mom, as she's likely to nibble my arm off.

Wet: Ohhhh yummyyy! Caramel apples, but the apple is so bright and sparkling!

Later, the butterscotch comes out more and mixes very well with the caramel. Oh wow, this one is a definite keeper! I want a bottle of this, so hard to find though!!!

Wet: heavy apple, touch of butterscotch; nice, but I'd like less apple and more caramel and scotch

We'll wait for the drydown...

Two hours later: oh yeah! the butterscotch kiss is predominant, but the sweet apple adds a nice foil, but subtle; I liken it more to a green apple than a red...I adore it!

Edited by Andrea912

Oh yum, this is a foodie lover's paradise! A caramel coconut apple dream! A little of this goes a very long way and it's caramel, caramel and more caramel. The tart juiciness of the apple comes through underneath and stops it from being cloying. The butterscotch is very buttery, for lack of a better term, but buttery in a very, very good way. And somewhere under all that buttery caramel goodness, the coconut and rum are adding just that extra kick of sweetness. This is one of the greatest foodie blends ever.

Butterscotch! So much butterscotch in the imp with just a hint of apple peeking out beneath it.

Wet on skin, the apple's a little more pronounced but the sticky sweet of the butterscotch just explodes and it has a *lot* of throw. Not a bad thing, since it smells fantastic. There's also a hint of rum's warm-but-sharp edge as an afterthought. So gorgeous at this stage. Definitely brown-sugary, caramel-appley goodness.

The apple quiets down pretty quickly and this becomes a gooey, butterscotch caramel scent with just the slightest occasional apple whisper, which is fantastic for a foodie like me. I got this bottle for a decant circle when Creepy came out. I was only able to keep an imp. I wish I had more.