Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

It seems as though teas just don't work well on me, though I love the smell of them in real life. I felt like this was very similar to Teatime at Roswell, which I tried before trying this one. Something goes sour. I never understood when people said that, but you just know when it does.

I would say the strongest note is the milk but I also get the tea and that Teatime biscuit smell. Not much honey or vanilla for me.

:wub2: I LOVE This blend. This is a foodie lovers dream. I got an initial blast of something citrus and zesty along with creamy. I thought it smelled like lemon cookies to me. I do not see that it has a lemon note in it though (maybe that is the tea note I am smelling). I could wear this to work which makes me very happy since some blends are too strong for the medical arena. I wrote down that it dried down to a tart, juicy strawberry scent on me. I get yummy, foodie, creamy, and sweet goodness through all the phases so I am super pleased with this one.

Re-trying this scent. Upon first application, it reminds me very strongly of candles moon, I don't know why. Something about the tea/milk... beeswax?

Then it fades into more of a black tea and stays there. Nice.

The thing I like about White Rabbit is that I can smell each and every note listed...and more!!!

The tea, lemon, spices, cream and honey are lovely. Unfortunately, there is also a strong pollen, chamomile and fresh-cut grass smell, any/all of which make my throat get ticklish and my nose itchy.

Early on, there is a note (linen?) which smells like $ store air freshener. There is decent sillage and lasting power here. Each note seems to step out, take a bow, then merge seamlessly with all the other notes. Totally evokes the "White Rabbit" experience. Just wish it didn't make my nose twitch! (In case you couldn't tell, I have allergies - pollen, ragweed,various plants and grasses.) I'm not sure about how much I like or don't like this one. It's certainly a work of art. My SO says "the honey smells good, but ewwh, is that baby powder underneath?" Oh well, I'll still give this 3 1/2 stars, maybe 3.75 even, out of 5. But I probably won't wear it much.

In the vial, odd. It smells like nothing so much as a pizzelle to me. Question is, what will it smell like *on*? Color, pastel yellow.

Wet on my skin, I'm getting honey, slightly sour milk, ginger, and white pepper. Not exactly what I want to smell like.

10-15 minute drydown - Now it's white pepper and ginger and nothing else. Eh, you win some, you lose some.

This is a very tricky scent in the bottle; the notes will swirl around and you'll catch whispers of lemons and honey but you can't quite put your finger on what's going to jump out at you once you put it on. Wet, it's all lemon, and then as it dries the vanilla and pepper will emerge with a background of honey. The tea sadly takes a backseat on this one, but the other smells are more than welcome to hang out here all day. ;)

In the imp, I smelled tea, lemon and honey. I tried it on regardless of the many bad reviews I've read. The first few seconds it smelled the same as the imp but then it turned to sour milk which made me think of baby vomit. I immediately washed it off. No no no. I don't even want to swap or frimp this to someone else, it's so bad. :sick:

IMP: Floral and a tad medicinal. Must be the tea or something...

On: Very floral/tea smelling. Tea scents must not go very well on me, or at least I'm not a fan. It's very pretty though and I don't seem to be getting a headache from it, like I usually do. Gradually becomes sweeter and less floral-- more tea. It feels warm.

Dry down: The combination of "ingredients" in this perfume actually work very well together. I think I'm getting a milky tea at this point-- still very warm-- I can't work out what's making it smell "warm"... it's not "nutty" but it's something similar to that.

I like it but I don't think I'll purchase a big bottle-- Will definitely be using up the imp though.

I can't seem to pick the smell of linen... ;)

In the vial - Linen & milk??

On the skin - Tea, milk, detergent. But smells musky, in a way I associate with tobacco.

Dry - Weirdly milk & …pepper???

Pepper BAD. D:

This is one of the first blends listing tea as a component where I can actually smell tea. On my skin it reminds me of soggy biscuits with a bit of pepper and honey. I like pepper, honey and tea... but since the main general impression is of soggy biscuits I would say this one doesn't work for me.

This is one of the first blends I tried, and I liked it well enough. But I hadn't tried it for a few months, and I don't know if my nose just got that much better or if it ages well, but I LOVE it now!

In the imp: Black tea with lemon

Wet: Black tea with lemon and a warm laundry smell - not dryer sheets, just that smell of hot fabric. Maybe that's the linen note?

Dry: The warm cloth smell backs off a little, letting the black tea and the lemon back out. There is the vaguest hint of something creamy in the background. It's a very clean, home-y smell, and I adore it!

I've yet to completely fall in love with any of the MTP scents, but it's not for want of trying! I LIKE most of the ones I've tried, but not as much as I want to. Anyway.

I quite like White Rabbit. It's not really what I consider a ME scent, but I find it quite evocative, so that makes it a bottle-worthy contender. It's a zingy sort of scent: I smell tea and honey and ginger and milk all at once when wet. Dry it's largely the peppery honey and ginger with a soapy undertone (I'm guessing the linen is the culprit). Wish that I got some vanilla out of the deal, but it seems that I downplay rather than amp vanilla. It's prim and proper, yet a little zany and twisted. Appropriate for the character and story. :D

There is something really FOODY in this blend. Smells like some sort of… cookie? Or a bread roll? I know there’s black tea in here too, but there’s something kind of… vile about it. There’s something in here that smells almost like black licorice, which makes my stomach turn. As it dries down on my skin I can smell some lemon, which is very refreshing over that foody, gross, licorice smell. Unfortunately, it doesn’t completely overpower the licorice. I drink loose leaf black tea and... well this does NOT smell like any black tea I've ever drank before.

I'm not sure what my problem note could be. White and green tea seem to work very nicely on me. Honey, vanilla, and ginger I've had in other blends and they were fine... But this is the first blend I've tried that had a "pepper" note to it. So maybe that could be it?

The imp smells of tea and linen.

On Me: a freash squeeze of lemon! the tea tempers it down some as it dries but it smells like lemon-y tea served on a clean crisp linen table cloth.

I got this from the ever-so-lovely callmepenelope

In the bottle: Is it just me, or did this seem like gummy bears inside my mother's purse? But not in a bad way.

On me: Oooh this is yummy. Buttery, milky ginger... I get a bit of tea and linen if I inhale deeply.

Drydown: A delicious, milky spicy scent spilled over freshly washed linens. Fabulous!

Verdict: I just adore this scent. It's foody without being overpowering, which I definitely enjoy, and it's intriguing enough to keep me sniffing! I feel as though I get a different aspect of the scent shining through every time.

eta: Unfortunately, my skin ate this up after a couple hours... such as I would have liked to have done. :heart:

Edited by madscientistdh

I'm strangely fond of this one even though it seems to change every time I apply it. The first time I tried it, it was all linen for quite a while. A different day, it was tea and milk. Most recently, it was all ginger cookie and no trace of linen. I like the tea and ginger, and since this tends to smell like a tea party, I put on a bit when I don't want to smell like perfume but do want something cheerful about. I think I'd like it better without the milk, but it's hard to say.

Overall, hard to predict but fun to wear once in a while.

Wet: Gorgeous black tea with a hint of pepper.

Drydown: Within 10 minutes the pepper starts to exert itself more. I have discovered I don't really want to smell like pepper and think this would be much better without it. The linen is also coming out more, making this smell very clean. Clean peppery milky tea is not really my thing.

This is much lighter than I expected! I mostly get the tea, ginger, and linen. Smells citrusy to my nose. I do smell some spice, but it smells more like nutmeg than pepper. If I smell really hard, I can kinda get the honey. Don't smell much milk, but there is a creamy vibe to this scent. The vanilla must be in there somewhere, though it is light.

Considering how polarizing this scent is, I find it weird that I'm just kinda meh about it. I thought it would be controversial-smelling in some way :lol: I wish I got more milk! Perhaps with some aging.

Yay, a BPAL with tea that doesn't give me a spiting headache!

White Rabbit is clean, yet dirty and messy at the same time. The linen was pure and white, but it's not anymore. I find it to be a very comforting scent. Relaxing and warm.

My very first review ever!

In the imp: I'm amazed that each note steps forward, plays a little with your nose then gracefully steps back to let another shine. I've never experienced anything like that before! Immediately I'm eager to try this on my skin and see what happens. The tea is a clear first, a bit creamy. Then the ginger and vanilla come out like a cookie, then the vanilla lingers into the fresh clean scent I suppose is the linen. How interesting how it starts on a warm, rich note then finishes on a crisp one. I find it really delicious!

Wet on my skin: Spicy tea with milk. Reminds me of a chai latte.

Immediately dry: it faded quite a bit from the obvious wafting it did when wet. Smells more like... arrowroot cookies? That's what is popping into my head at least. It's still swirling into the other notes though. It reminds me of my grandma actually, but in a wonderful way. Tea and cookies before bed with her clean skin smell lingering over me.

5-6 minutes: I was worried that this scent was fading too quickly, but then it gave me a good rush of honey and ginger.

10 minutes: definitely staying honey and ginger on me. I love it! There is a hint of crisp, freshness lurking in the background but it's very subtle.

20 minutes later it has almost disappeared entirely. I might just be used to it and am not smelling it as easily. I really wish I wasn't the only one home so I could confirm. Oh well. Final words are that I LOVE this, and hope it's just my nose and it is actually sticking around.

Edit: I've worn this quite a few times now, and it seems to change each time I wear it! Each note has had it's day of strength. Ginger cookies, tea with milk, ginger with honey, vanilla tea, it's such a versatile scent!

Edited by Tiada

For the few minutes I could smell it until it immediately faded away, White Rabbit was ginger and milk on me, with a slight undercurrent of something much too sweet with a hard edge. Not my thing.

This scent is one of my favorites, so I might be a little bit biased as a reviewer. But then again: that's what these reviews are for, right? My first review so far, hope I'm doing this right. ;)

I ordered White Rabbit in my first order addressed to BPAL ever. Mainly because I was amazed there were special "Alice in Wonderland" scents, but also because I have loved the smell of honey ever since I had tried a parfume at L'Occitane in Budapest. My grandpa also kept bees and made honey when I was a little girl.

Bottle: Opening my vial of White Rabbit, I first smell honey (not too sweet) and a sharp note, which could be ginger and/or white pepper. But it blends in just fine. After several sniffs, I also smell a bit of laundry detergent. It levels the sweetness of the honey and adds a freshness to the overall scent.

Wet: I smell the notes of tea, milk and a bit of lemon. The tea sits there in the background, milk and vanilla are a faint company and allow the honey and ginger to dominate. Still not too sweet, not too sharp. I have a body lotion with rooibos tea and date that I bought because I loved the tea note of White Rabbit so much. Alas, the body lotion smells horrible by itself and horrible on my skin (very bitter and a bit sour). The tea in White Rabbit is very nice, clean, and not bitter at all. I was also afraid that the vanilla could make it too girly - not the case, so I am happy. Very different from the vanilla in, say, Mouse's Sad and Long Tail.

Dry: Mainly honey, lemon, ginger, white pepper and a decent milky tea smell remain. I absolutely love this scent! I think you can wear it in all seasons. It's not too heavy but it doesn't fade too quickly (at least not on me). When I put this on, this scent stays most of the day, and it doesn't change into something I would not want to smell like.

ETA: The feeling I get from this smell is very warm, comforting and familial. It reminds me of a, well, actual tea party. White crisp linen, bone china, warm spicy tea with a dash of milk, the linen fresh out of the laundry, homemade honey that seems a bit dirty and wrong.

Edited by Honey

This is exactly what I would imagine the White Rabbit to smell like. Sweet and spicy, like someone who is a bit wild a heart. I feel like I've been warped in time when I smell & wear this- to sometime in the early nineteenth century; It smells somewhat familiar.

In the bottle- I smell the linen and honey. A little bit of spicy ginger & tea in the background too.

Wet on skin- I smell tons of black tea, honey, ginger. Slightest bit of milk.

Dried down- Pepper, black tea, honey, ginger. It has morphed into a very soft, delicate, spicy scent on me. I love it!

Hours later- Very soft, fades fairly easily, which is sad because I love it so much.

This scent definitely brings me back to childhood in a way that I've never experienced before... It takes me back to romping through the lush back yard of my house as a little girl, rolling around, getting dirty, playing tea party and house.... Ahh, wonderful.

I agree with the reviewers that said this scent changes each time you wear it. At first it was all black tea. Then it went through a serious cream/milk phase that I didn't enjoy at all. The last time I wore it, it was creamy in a carnation kind of way and it was gorgeous.

You never know what you're going to get but it's fun to try to guess!