Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

this one starts off great.  black tea, milk, pepper, ginger, honey, vanilla...  yes to all that! creamy yet fresh, astringent but soft. just a little bite from the pepper and ginger. delicious, but not foodie.  not my usual style of thing, but it could be a great summer scent. 

unfortunately, like so many of the crisp-clean-cloth type notes, my skin breaks it down quite hastily into its component florals.  loud, screechy, drowning out almost everything else.   they do settle down eventually, but this remains a floral-forward blend on me and ends up smelling like a pretty run-of-the-mill perfume. 

Wet, there's a lot of musk, maybe from the honey? As it dries, the musk calms down and I'm left with a neatly set table of tea. The white pepper has a bite, but it's not overly sharp. The ginger layers well with the pepper, but it's lighter and more crisp. The black tea is the real star of the show. It's smoky and smooth, almost like a rich tobacco note. The vanilla, milk, and honey add a sweet backdrop for the tea. Although the honey was strong during the wet stage, it's much more tame after the other notes come out. I think I also get florals from the linen note, but the other notes put up enough of a fight for me to tolerate them. The florals also don't go indolic on me here, which is key because I think I'm sensitive to that.

Overall, this is a honeyed clean floral scent with an incredible black tea note. I've never sought out tea perfumes before, but maybe I'll have to start keeping an eye out for them.