Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

White pepper really stands out on me in this blend, and it's smoothed out by the milk and tea. It's almost like a milky chai on me. I don't really get the linen, the ginger/vanilla/pepper/honey/tea just merge into a cuddly, snuggly warm blend on me. It's sweeter than your average chai, but White Rabbit definitely reminds me of a milky cup of chai. It also vaguely reminds me of those White Rabbit candies, which are a pure white, taffy-like thing (I think they are Chinese), sweet but definitely milky.

The blend lasts long on me, wears close to the skin except in the first few hours, where it throws rather loudly. It's comfy, cozy, nice. This is a great casual blend for weekends, rainy days, naptime, cuddle time, and those days where you just want to keep to yourself: White Rabbit is a bit like a security blanket or friend on those lonely days.

I don't know why I hold out any hope that MTP scents will work on me. Number 6 and yes thats right it doesn't work. But rather than just say its a bad scent for me I'll tell you why.

Bottle Sniff - I don't know why I keep smelling lily of the valley, not straight up it diluted with something but I just don't know what.

Wet On Skin - honey, honey and yet more honey. I get nothing else. This is the same honey that's in Flower Moon and at this point this scent is smelling like a dilution of FM.

Drydown - occassionally little hints of pepper and some other spice raise their head in a valiant effort to make it through the wall of honey. But they are quickly overcome and I smell diluted honey.

That's it. Nothing more than a weak dilution of honey. It's an extremely light scent that I'm hardpressed to smell at all unless I'm inhaling my wrist. I get none of the notes in this except honey. I suppose I should be happy about that because all other MTP scents have morphed into something vile on me. I have no idea what the common factor in all the MTP scents are, but whatever it is, it hates me & my skin chemistry and is making itself clear that it would rather die (or kill me) than play nice.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

Stupid, stupid skin. Why must you ruin all? *eyes arm with hatred*

Well, this smelled freaking awesome in the imp. It was a creamy vanilla smell with a bit of a bite to it.

Then I put it on, and get soap. But not just any soap. A very specific soapy smell that I get from Slippery Poppy Tincture. It's this sharp, green scent that gives me a bit of a headache.

I'm hoping that I'm just having one of those days where nothing smells right. So I'm going to go scrub this off and try again in a week.

Sigh.

Mmmm this was my first bottle purchase, and I just finished it yesterday! It reminds me of Dorian--tea is definitely the dominant note here, but much sweeter and less musky, there's a certain sweetness to the scent from the honey and vanilla that balances out the tea and makes it YUM. :yum:

Well, I surely caught the pepper in the bottle! It was the first and strongest note I picked up. Then came ginger and tea...no vanilla, a lil honey and a touch of milk. When it is on for the first five minutes the pepper is still overpowering to my nose so I don't enjoy it at all. After about 10-15 it gets to be a beautiful soft tea with a lot of richness and sophistication. As another reviewer said, this is nice but very short throw. I have to huff my wrist to catch the scent after 20 minutes or so. :huh?: If this scent was stronger I would surely invest in a bottle, but since I like my scents to pack a little more punch, I'll just keep my imp and pass on getting a bottle. I do have to say though, there hasn't been a Tea Party scent I've tried yet and didn't like! Lovely collection of scents, I'm making it my goal to try them all since I haven't really struck out yet! :wub2:

I don't really think this scent is for me. It smelled like clean laundry to me, but was much too light. Everyone else got baby powder, though. I accidentally spilled 1/4 the imp on my dresser and my mother walked in and asked me why my room smelled so strongly like baby powder. I then followed her to the kitchen and had her smell my wrists and she said that was the baby powder smell. It's nice and clean and not a bad thing to smell like in any way, shape or form, it's just not full-bottle worthy for me.

Edited by Lupin1

In bottle: Warm, a sort of candle store medley of scents such as clean linen, spice, and vanilla.

On skin wet: Has a slight scent reminiscent of dryer sheets...but not unpleasant. Also has a spicy scent but this fades quickly to a foody vanilla smell, almost like sugar cookies. It sits very close to the skin, but then again very few scents seem to throw with me.

Drydown: As it dries the laundry and vanilla fade. The spicy scent is back now but more mellow. I imagine that it's the tea, ginger, and pepper, but it doesn't really smell like any one of them. It gets just slightly creamy as I have in on longer and reminds me of a chai tea latte.

An hour later: The scent remains strong and similar. If anything it's developed a stronger warmer spicy smell. The complex spicy scent starts to remind me of Scheherazade after it's been on for many hours and is about ready to fade away, but only slightly since it still has this creamy sweet smell.

There's the laundry smell again. I wonder if it's fading and coming back or if my nose just can't catch it along with the other scents. Creaminess gets stronger and starts to get powdery, but then it just fades away into a light linen smell after a few hours (guess that laundry scent was underneath there all along).

Final thoughts: It's alright, but not spectacular. I think I may use up my imp, but I'll probably not bother buying another.

In imp: sweet and creamy, with some kind of sharp, astringent background, maybe from the pepper and ginger. I was expecting this to be less sweet, which is weird because I knew that the description had honey and vanilla. I suppose it's because the concept doesn't seem like the scent should be that sweet, at least to me.

On skin: Essentially the same as in the bottle, at least until it was completely dry. Then linen became stronger, although all the original notes were still a significant presence. It had a quite good lifetime of 4 hours on me. White Rabbit seems to have the same feel as Dirty and The Dormouse.

This is a very unique scent. I will be using up the imp. I don't believe I'll be getting more, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do, as it seems like White Rabbit could grow on me quite easily.

In the Imp: I think it is mainly the 'white linen' component that I am smelling.

Wet on Skin: honey makes its presence known & starts doing its weirdness on my skin; The Boy thinks it seems almost floral

While Drying: I can get a sense of the black tea if I inhale deeply; seems disjointed at this stage (which on second thought fits the White Rabbit quite appropriately); The Boy says he can smell the ginger, but I can't

After a Little While: I went to the spice rack to sniff white pepper and compare - I can believe it is in there, but it doesn't really stand out; there is a brief phase where I get almost a green stem scent that reminds me of Szepasszony

Later: the discordant notes start to pull together, but just as they do so, the scent starts to disappear, back down the rabbit hole, leaving only a faint trace

Final Thoughts: This was an interesting experience, but an imp is all I need. I might be in the mood to wear this periodically when I want something subtle and different. "Clean" notes seem iffy on me; I wish the vanilla had a larger presence.

White Rabbit earns a 3/5 on my skin.

Peppered honey with orange tea peeking through.

Dang it so many IMPS smell lkie a memory!! This reminds me of something ... back when my folks and I would holiday in Hermanus and Kleinmond ... pretty, but a mystery!

Imp Sniff: Black tea and milk! It smells delicious and I am all but drinking it. There is also a spicyness that i assume is the pepper.

Wet on Skin: More honey and milk, with the tea still hanging in there. It's mellowing out, for certain, but the smell is still warm, inviting and delicious.

Dry down: I cannot stop sniffing my wrists. I'm not getting the powdery scent or much linen, but the honey, vanilla and milk are certainly present.

After awhile: Pepper, tea and milk.

Final verdict: I could buy a million bottles of this. My skin seems to bring out the notes that I love most in White Rabbit. Must buy a 5 Ml soon!

All tea all the time.

I happen to love tea scents, it's my favourite note. Which is why I'm shocked that this isn't my holy grail scent. It's lovely to be sure, but I'm not a big fan of spice. This isn't spicy, but it does smell sort of chai-like from the pepper and ginger.

This is definitely orange tea, and STRONG orange tea. Getting no linen from this at all, but I think vanilla may be in there somewhere just providing a sweet contrast to the ginger and pepper (which doesn't smell like pepper, it just adds some warmth). No specific honey note, so honey haters fear not. It may be in there along with vanilla sweetening and deepening, but it's not in your face for sure.

Definitely a fall and winter scent, it's a little warm and cozy for spring and summer.

Verdict: Keep and enjoy the imp, and consider whether I need a bottle when fall rolls around. Will depend on other similar scents and whether my imp gets enough love.

ETA: After an hour or so, the spicey tea backs off and the linen comes to the forefront. This gets nice. It doesn't last all that long, 2 hours or so, and isn't bottle worthy for me, but it is worth noting that linen does come forward to be the top note.

Edited by moosue

w...t......f?

black tea and dried apricots. where in the bloody blue blazes did apricot come from? i literally just broke into my package, so it's still travel-addled, but totally not expected. so of course i adore it. :D

while it's drying on my skin this really reminds me of a less-syrupy Aglaea, sweet, with tart fruit, and just now a tiny peeping-out of what might be vanilla or linen, something soft and powdery. i'll have to revisit this when it's settled, but it's quite fun now. =)

Honey milk tea with a little bit of warm spice from the ginger and pepper. This is such a beautiful soft scent. I can't stop sniffing my wrist and this one is a keeper, for sure!

Initial application: Fruity Pebbles

Twenty minutes to an hour: I get the tea and spices, but it's overwhelmed by an artificial chemical scent. I got some massage bars from Lush awhile back but I eventually had to toss them because they filled my bathroom with that same chemical scent. That slowly fades over the course of an hour, becoming very sweet instead. Entire scent fades away soon after.

Not my thing.

Edited by jayne

To me, this is a fresh, airy morning scent. It makes me think of waking up early to sip warm, milky earl grey tea on the front pourch in soft, fuzzy cotton pajamas. The ginger and pepper in the background give it just enough depth and spiciness to keep it from being just weak tea and milk.

Its really a beautiful scent, but unfortunately on me its so light I can barely smell it. I'm thinking about purchasing a bottle so I can just slather it on to see if that helps :)

Mainly getting tea, ginger and pepper off of this scent. Maybe a touch of linen, which I’m finding is not a note that I like very much. It has a decent throw as well. However, I find I prefer the Asian-themed tea scents better.

So far this is my favorite for light scents. Absolutely gorgeous! Everything this is supposed to smell like, it smells like on me x one hundred. Being a tea monster, this stuff had me hooked from first sniff; It's puerh,and very strong. To me this is a really complicated scent, I can see how it might be an epic fail on the wrong chemistry, but what I get is transportive. It reminds me of the tea parties we had as little girls, only more sophisticated.[This one sans the selections of plastic pastries and Kool-Aid "Tea"]

IN BOTTLE-Puerh tea, well aged

WET ON SKIN- Puerh tea spilled on a pile of fresh white linen, little tea cakes and lemon bars.

TEN MINUTE DRY-DOWN-faintly grassy, the first pale green spring grasses crushed underfoot, and, tea still but now the tea is just wafting around in a crisp,vanilla flower breeze. The linen is still there too.

FINAL DRY-DOWN- this was a mystery to me for a few days. Wearing this , i was haunted throughout the day by this powerful white citrusy vanilla thing. It was so familiar to me but I couldn't place it. I finally asked my daughter if she could figure it out, and voila "Hey, it smells like those giant white flowers we used to steal from the trees in front of the library-magnolias?" That was it! I've been hoping for the perfect magnolia scent forever, and always get some hideous chemical simulation that gives me a headache. The magnolia in white rabbit is perfect, fresh and sparkling, and completely believable without being overpowering. I don't know if this element was intentional, or if it's just a happy accident,but, what a great way to end a lovely, enchanting brew.

Frimp in one of my orders.

Man, I wanted this to work. The White Rabbit is one of my favorite characters from Alice in Wonderland. Sadly, this little bunny and I are not meant to be.

In the imp, I smell orange juice. Seriously. Wet, it turns into peppery orange juice. During the drydown, the ginger and linen emerge. Dry, I'm ultimately left with spicy orange juice and a dryer cloth.

You know, if you had asked me where this scent could have gone wrong, I would have pointed at the milk note, since it sometimes turns on my skin. I have a pretty good record with tea, honey, ginger, and vanilla but apparently all of them together equals Sunny Delight. I'm really disappointed.

In the imp: Honey, ginger and pepper

Drying on my skin: The black tea shows and blends with honey and ginger to a georgeous teanote with a comforting warm sweetness and a hint of citrus. The pepper is not an agressive one, it adds a warming spicyness.

Amusingly I get the scent of sunwarmed apricots in the background.

Throw and staying power: Medium throw, about 6 hours

Colour impression: Pale apricot-brown

Verdict: Lovely! A warm and comforting scent, sweet and spicy with hints of apricots without beeing foody. It feels like snuggling in a warm and cozy woolen blanket. A great scent for autumn or chilly summer evenings!

:wub2:

Edited by MissVulpecula

I'm always a bit worried about Mad Tea Party scents, none of have really worked on me so far (though March Hare was nice enough), but after much back and forth I thought, for god's sake, self, you like tea, you like pepper, you like honey, you like vanilla and you like the clean linen scent. This should work beautifully, just try it. So here's me, doing just that :)

In the imp - a perfectly innocent and clear oil :) Ginger and honey. Mild.

On wet - Mmmh, oh, gorgeous! Tea and honey, pepper, vanilla, and just the faintest scent of ginger. Oh please stay this beautiful!

Drydown - Oh, this is wonderful. Honey and tea remain present, with just the barest touch of ginger and vanilla. Faint linen. This has all the chances of becoming a favourite. I have to try this a few more times but goodness gracious. Keeping the imp. Might invest in a bottle.

One word: peculiar.

This is reminiscent of a lush signature scent that's escaping my olfactory quick ref. Alkmaar? Uuuh banana moon? Oh wait it's gone now..

First whiff comes off as Portuguese sweet bread & butter with a bit of tea and pepper to me.. (I think the white pepper is tricking my nose... Still..thankful it isn't pulling it's normal joke of smelling like stomach acid vomit though!! )

This mellows to a lovely round linen and ginger combo. Very nice! Glad this was the catalyst for my recent order.. Thanks Mari!

Initially - My skin amps cream notes like whoa, so the milk is REALLY coming out on this one. I'm also really getting a lot of the tea coming out. And something almost smells like mint?

After about 10 minutes, the vanilla and ginger are coming out.

This one's gone a teensy bit soapy on me as well but I still like it. (I wonder if it's the linen that I think of as soapy?)

The boyfriend does NOT like it, on the other hand. I'm going to get a bottle, but it'll be a weekday scent (since I don't see him much during the week).

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description