Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

In the imp: Sweet ginger tea

Wet: I'm picking up a bit of vanilla with the spicy sweetness of the ginger

Dry: WOW. This is beautiful!! It's a sweet ginger, shot through with vanilla and honey. There's a hint of pepper in the background

Definitely bottle worthy

Most bpal scents last and last on me. I have very lucky skin that way. However, White Rabbit for me is a very weird anomaly.

I could smell it in the bottle, faint and promising. I couldn't name the notes but I know there is a fragrance there.

I put it on my skin where the white rabbit, without apology told me that it was very late for an important date and was gone in an instant. I had to check the imp again to make sure it had a smell, because on my skin it just does not exist.

Wow. I think I love this scent.

I received a new order and tried this from an imp before going to bed

Wet: It's black tea and pepper - I definitely get the pepper (and i think ginger?)

Drying down: the sweetness of vanilla and honey are starting to show up. it's delicious

might be too early to call it, but i definitely want a bottle. :P YAY!! (I've been going through a phase where a lot of scents turned into baby powder... -__-)

This is the first bottle I got without having sampled the scent before and I don't regret that at all. :D

It's such a lovely mixture of exactly what it says in the description. On me, honey tends to be the strongest note and it's the one I can still smell very faintly on my skin long after all the rest have faded.

To me, White Rabbit is a very warm, inviting scent. Beautiful, unique and by no means overpowering. I do wish it would stick around a little longer, but reapplying it a couple of times a day is okay, too, I guess. :P

I have to be entirely honest. This was in my first batch of samples, and when I opened it, I retched.

Having already learned my lesson about smell-in-bottle-not-matching-smell-out-of-it with Langour, I put it on.

And it smelled different. And I retched again.

Honestly I wondered at first if the milk note had gone sour, but I think it's just the combination of pepper and milk for me. It's cloying and literally turned my stomach. I even let it dry and nope, still made me retch. I couldn't scrub it off fast enough.

Not for me! It'll be the first thing I go to swap, or I may even toss into into another swap for free since I'm so worried that the milk note has somehow gone off--someone will love it, if it's not just an off bottle. Pretty sure it's just the pepper/milk combo I'm finding so offputting, though. Obviously it's a well-loved smell--I guess it's just not up my alley.

EDIT: I am learning, a year and a half later, that the honey note makes me sick (Sudha Segara made me physically sick) to my stomach and milk can do the same... take review with this in mind.

Edited by Mousesong

When I was working in an office over the summer, I would always make the tea for everyone, since I didn't want to be seen as the good-for-nothing student. I'd always open up the tin of teabags and just inhale it, because I loved the smell. White Rabbit is like that, but spicier and sweetened. It's very warm and comforting.

This really reminds me of what offspring of Embalming Fluid and Milk Moon, would be like. I get the freshness of EF, and the creaminess of Milk Moon. I could have sworn there was a citrus note to WR, but it is not listed. WR smells so fresh and clean and creamy all at once, I really like this!! Probably this scent would be best worn in the spring or summer for me. This scent actually describes the actual character of White Rabbit very well, energetic, fresh and outdoorsy.

I really like this scent.

In the imp it's a little cacophonous to me, but once I put it on it was really nice.

Wet I could smell the tea (earl greyish which is not my first choice for drinking but is a nice smell) and something that to me smelled a little like this perfume I had when I was little that I figured out was the linens.

On the dry down I got mostly tea and linen still, but ginger and lemon kept coming in too. After a few hours it wasn't throwing very much, but I could still smell it on my wrist.

Thoughts: This is a comforting sleepy scent to me. The ginger made it a little more complex which I liked. It really seems like a little bit of everything I like. The tea made it a little foody the ginger was a cross between foody and floral, and the linen was...hard to describe, I think of it as cross between baby powdery and floral, but it's really not, that's just my synesthesia kicking in with textures and visuals.

I was so looking forward to trying this one. I am obsessed with tea, and White Rabbit really sounded like it would be perfect for me. I have developed quite a nose for recognizing different teas and additional ingredients in them, but I got no tea at all from this. It just slightly turned my stomach, and made me make a sour face every time I sniffed it.

In the bottle: Soured milk with a sweet bite. I also smell something a little lemony, but maybe it is just the soured milk smell.

Wet: The same.

Dry: Still pungent and sweet soured milk.

Five hours later: OMG does this scent not change or even go away.

Maybe I'll try again in a few months.

I was really looking forward to this one with my love of tea scents, but my dratted skin doesn't like cream! :P This smells like a mixture of Lady Una which I really like and Katrina van Tassel that really, really didn't work on me. It just gets too sickly sweet on me. I'll let this sit on me a while longer and see where I end up, but otherwise it's off to swaps.

I was hoping for something similar to Dorian with this one. I was very dissapointed.

In the imp: I get such a weird feel from this. It's like boozy tea. It reminds me of a bar. I have no idea where that comes from.

Wet on skin: Strongly smells of a teabag. Like I have a teabag in front of my nose. My first experience with tea was in Famine, and I decided then that I disliked tea very much. Then I smelled Dorian and changed my mind. This is the same famine tea. Yuck. I get nothing but tea.

Drydown: It softens, but I don't get cream or honey or vanilla from this at all. It does get *slightly* sweeter, but not any better to me. I'm really dissapointed, this is not what I expected.

Overall: Not for me.

White Rabbit is very bright and sweet on me at first, with clear honey overruling the rest. Seems a bit too sweet at first. Then when it dries the honey deepens and darkens and strengthens in a strange way. There are other notes accompanying the honey, but for me the honey dominates and darkens with the hour. It's not really my thing, but I think this one especially lends itself to be very dependent on everybody's personal taste (yes, I know this is BPAL, but still).

In the bottle: Not what I was expecting at all- really fruity. And man is that pepper strong!

Dry on skin: Wow, I'm really not sure what in the hell this smells like. I don't get any tea from it at all, nor any ginger, which is why I wanted it in the first place. There is just something not right about this. It smells like burnt plastic. This is only the second scent I've tried that I just had to go and wash off. I'm sure there's somebody that this smells like heaven on, but good god is it ever not me.

I resisted getting this for a long time because I was afraid it would be just like Severin (which is my favorite and cannot be improved on). So, on the one hand I'm sad it didn't work out, but on the other, I have a bottle of Severin to drown my pain in.

I didn't know what to expect from this really. The notes are such a mix n match. But I've decided.. this reminds me so much of Ichabod Crane from the Halloween LE's. Except this is slighty more fresh and that is more creay and waxy.

It smells strongly of Tea, with the the vanilla/honey there. The ginger is giving it a zing and it's kind of like an slightly sour, out of date cup of tea...with some perfume behind it all.

A truly bizzare scent, as is Ichabod. I'm not sure if I like it or not....it still has that sour note to it that's mixed with fruit.

It doesn't really change on dry down, it might get a bit more sour but that's it..

I'm not sure what to make of the white rabbit..

:P

Imp: honey, ginger, and black tea are present

Wet: mmm...I normally don't like linen, but its nice and clean here...the ginger, honey, vanilla, and black tea are gorgeous; I would like more milk...no white pepper that I can detect

Dry: would like more cream base, but overall it's a nice tea scent; if you like Ichabod Crane or Shadwell I would try this

Edited by Andrea912

Let me start by saying that I looooove Alice In Wonderland. It's one of my all time favorites. I also love many of the mad tea party scents but this one just...went wrong.

As soon as I put it on my skin it turned into burnt rubber. I'm not sure which note did it but I think it might be the pepper. After awhile it calmed down to burnt rubber tea which was not much better :P

I wanted to love this darnit!

This is /so/ not my usual type of scent, as I'm a big "sweet 'n foody" lover, but I think I like this.

Immediately when I put it on my skin, I recognized it from somewhere, but couldn't put my finger on it. After ten minutes of sniffing my arm, I realized that it really reminds me of Johnson's Baby Nourishing Milk Wash (which was discontinued a year or two ago, much to my chagrin), only much more concentrated and a tad less creamy. It's a very clean scent, and I get mostly freshly laundered sheets, a dash of milky tea, and an airy floral. I'm not big on most florals at all, but the crispness of the washed linens really cuts through so that it's not heady. I don't think I detect any pepper, though.

I totally agree with Andrea912 that I wish there was more of a milk/cream vibe to it all.. if that was so, I'd probably purchase a full bottle.

Edit: Once this completely dried down and mellowed, I appreciate it even more! I can't stop sniffing my wrist.. it's very soothing and scents my skin in a barely there, but still nummy, way. I like. Verily. :D

Edit2: I've found that in order for me to truly enjoy this scent, I have to put on just a /little/ bit, rub it in, and them promptly wash it off.. otherwise, it's way too strong and floral on me. If I decide to keep my imp, I think I'll dilute it quite a bit with a carrier oil. Oh.. and I finally get the pepper, but it's mildly sweet and not very sharp.

Edited by beturtlement

In the Imp

Black tea and pepper are the main notes I’m getting from this blend. There’s a bit of something sweet in the background but I’m not getting enough of it to tell if ti’s the honey or the vanilla.

On My Skin

The black tea, pepper and ginger are dominating this blend so far. The sweet notes have been relegated to the background for now.

After a Bit

This dries down to a faint pepper scent on my skin. Too bad it didn’t last for a little while longer, I only got a couple of hours out of this. In it’s initial wet stages it was quite nice.

Rating 1-5 (5 being best)

Scent - 2.5 Throw - 2 Longevity -1.5

Overall (not an average) - 2.2

Final Thoughts

I think I’ll try this one in a scent locket to see if I can get it to stick around for longer. It was beautiful for the first hour or so but then started to fade pretty quickly.

I too was hoping for something more along the line of Dorian.

I get the tea when I first apply it, and a bit of the sweetness. But, overall, this is much drier. It's spicy, but in a very nondescript way. The tea and vanilla pretty much disappear, so I have trouble really thinking of this as a tea scent, and I'm left with an innocuous blend of gentle white pepper, a touch of ginger, and a bit of honeyed sweetness.

This one lasts, but stays very close to the skin. A bit too subdued for my tastes.

In the imp, this smells very fruity to me--which I didn't really expect, given the description.

Wet on the skin--still kind of fruity and sweet, but with a bite behind it. It's a faint scent, and I don't think it's going to last my commute to work.

Now that I'm at work and it's had time to dry--hanging around me, there's definitely the impression of milk tea left to sit ... and something extra that might be the pepper. But the scent is very faint unless I'm fussing with my hair or leaning on my hand; then, the sweetness is more obvious.

Not a big fan of the initial scent, but I like the dry-down--though it doesn't last very long on me.

The first time I smelled this was at my first will call. In the bottle it was soured milk, disappointed, I shut it without testing it.

With a little more experience I decided to give White Rabbit another try. I had really wanted to like it and Alice ended up disappointing me by developing into a powdery-flowery scent that reminded me of a cabbage patch kid doll after extended wear.

I'm glad I did, because on it ended up being very similar to what I had hoped it would smell like. For me it doesn't go sour or powdery, it stays a creamy black tea over a light floral smell. With time, I start to notice the pepper a bit more, its a delicious touch.

Note, this is a very faint scent. I personally prefer to only put on enough of any scent so that I can only smell myself vaguely if I move my head. I can achieve that with White Rabbit without making a conscious effort to dab very little on.

Everything except for the linen says 'Absolute Win' for me. However, the 'linen' smell really doesnt care for me much and the feeling is then returned. White Rabbit is where linen got its revenge. The linen, no it can be described as linen....more like the monster linen that hides under peoples beds for decades before crawling out, caked in stuff you cant identify jumps out and attacks you! I didnt get any of my beloved vanilla or ginger...or tea. Just monster linen. So, if linen does weird things on you...dont follow the White Rabbit.

On my wrist, it was faint and short-lived, just milk and honey with a feeble trace of ginger. In the locket, it was much more distinctive. Golden honey and vanilla-sweetened milk livened up by a spicy bite of ginger and a shake of pepper. I'm disappointed that all I get from the "strong black tea" is a little splash of astringency that I only catch little wafts of here and there. After four hours of time in the locket, it's mainly warm, creamy honey and a really crisp and clean "linen" note. It doesn't smell like any other perfume I've tried before, but I do like it! Even though honey is such a sweet scent by itself, the other notes really reel it in and I never once thought this was too cloyingly sweet. It's the kind of scent that I could picture fitting right into any time of the year. I probably would have liked it more if the tea was more prominent, but I can just add a dab of Severin to solve that problem!