Casablanca

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Taurus
  • United States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

There was a woman sitting on the grass, under a tree, with a paper tablecloth spread in front of her, and a variety of Tupperware dishes on the cloth.

She was—not fat, no, far from fat: what she was, a word that Shadow had never had cause to use until now, was curvaceous. Her hair was so fair that it was white, the kind of platinum-blonde tresses that should have belonged to a long-dead movie starlet, her lips were painted crimson, and she looked to be somewhere between twenty-five and fifty.

As they reached her she was selecting from a plate of deviled eggs. She looked up as Wednesday approached her, put down the egg she had chosen, and wiped her hand. “Hello, you old fraud,” she said, but she smiled as she said it, and Wednesday bowed low, took her hand, and raised it to his lips.

He said, “You look divine.”

“How the hell else should I look?” she demanded, sweetly. “Anyway, you’re a liar. New Orleans was such a mistake—I put on, what, thirty pounds there? I swear. I knew I had to leave when I started to waddle. The tops of my thighs rub together when I walk now, can you believe that?” This last was addressed to Shadow. He had no idea what to say in reply, and felt a hot flush suffuse his face. The woman laughed delightedly. “He’s blushing! Wednesday, my sweet, you brought me a blusher. How perfectly wonderful of you. What’s he called?”

“This is Shadow,” said Wednesday. He seemed to be enjoying Shadow’s discomfort. “Shadow, say hello to Easter.”

Jasmine and honeysuckle, sweet milk and female skin.

What a pretty blend.

Freshly applied, jasmine is strongest on me, but it's as closely entwined with honeysuckle as flowering vines on a trellis. The jasmine smells heady at first, but not high-pitched. Honeysuckle and a creamy milkiness add a lovely fullness to the blend. I also get a subtle musk. Once this dries, I mostly get smooth honeysuckle milk.

This reminds me of this past year's Poor Monkey, which I loved, but with a little more throw (Poor Monkey had almost no throw on me once it dried). I wasn't expecting this and am so pleased by it. The milk is combining with the honeysuckle in a way that brings the ylang ylang milk of Monkey to mind. This sort of thing loves my skin.

#2 roseus

roseus

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,368 posts
  • Mood:Jazzed
  • SotD:Peacock Queen
  • Nothing Selected
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

In the imp: sweet jasmine (not very heady to me) and honeysuckle with creamy milk underneath. There is also something bright and almost sparkling to me, like crisp white tea or something. 

Wet: Similar to in the imp, but with a light sweet musk. Overall pretty sweet. 

Dry: creamy base with light musk, smell a sweet and almost a little clean. Reminds me of a less sweet Neutral or sweeter white musk. The jasmine and honeysuckle are very soft. An utterly feminine, springtime perfection scent.

#3 LadyLuckless

LadyLuckless

evil enabler

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Rooster
  • Scorpio
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

Ooooh very pretty! Creamy, milky, sweet, flowery and ultra feminine- this is exactly how Easter would smell! It's ladylike with a serious flower child streak. It reminds me a bit of Vasilissa and Venus Verticordia, and after some wear reminds me a lot of Alkmaar/Silky Underwear/Fairy Jasmine from Lush. I've been wishing fervently for an Easter scent for years and I'm not disappointed. Love it!

#4 archaesophilia

archaesophilia

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Ox
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

This is gorgeous, gorgeous Jasmine! The honeysuckle and cream ground it so it isn't sharp, the throw is good but not excessive. This is just amazing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users