Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

i also wore haloa to a christmas eve party.

for christmas - i don't remember! maybe nothing? (shameful, i know..)

for new years eve - last year i wore stardust, but i had a shitty new years eve, so i don't want to wear that one again. maybe mme moriarity?

The evening of the 24th and the 25th I wore Lick It Again because it has no throw on me and doesn't trigger Lil Sis's asthma -- at least, it hasn't yet. For the Solstice (the 22nd) I wore Yule, of course. The week previous it was a mix of Midwinter's Eve and Yuletide 2005.

New Year's isn't a Going Out night for us, and I plan to do a fair amount of cleansing and setting some energy paths (I don't do resolutions, per se, but I like to think about and make intentions for directions I want to head in, at least initially), so it will be a TAL related night. No perfume, but White Light, and two or three other TALs used in meditation with oil warmers or candles.

We have an annual 12th Night party we go to, and last year I departed the realms of BPAL and wore DSH's Bois du Chocolat and Creamy Chocolate, layered (and got more compliments than I have ever had with BPAL). This year, though, I think I'll go with Tintagel, if I don't decide to go all comfortable with Sugar Cookie or Gingerbread Poppet 2005.

I wore Baobhan Sith. Because it's grapefruit love and it makes me feel great. It's feminine and citrusy without being in your face.

:P

I wore Les Bijoux to the family gathering. Both because I wanted the yummy apple goodness and because I can say the name of it in polite company. :P

i'm thinking la fee vert, maybe, for new years eve...

eta: it's now new year's eve and i'm wearing: black moon!

happy new years bpalers!

Edited by AliBabble

Bumped because this is fun.

I wore Robin Goodfellow for Midsummer yesterday. For Independence Day, I'm wearing Yemaya because it smells like watermelon Jolly Ranchers on me and I figured that would be appropriate.

I actually received my very first imps on Christmas as a present from my mother, and not wanting to overwhelm myself, I limited myself to testing one per day. I tested Aureus that day, fell in love with it, and put more on when I went to church with my dad. It seemed like an appropriate scent.

I wore Beltane for Beltane and Litha for Litha (summer solstice).....both scents were SO VERY right for their days! Beltane---very, very springy, green, growing things. Litha--golden, light, warm.....long lasting.....which makes me giggle since Litha is the longest day of the year! :D :P

I'm intending to get each of the Sabbat oils. Right now I only have Beltaine, and did wear it for Beltaine, it was perfect.

In addition to Yule being, well, Yule it is our wedding anniversary so I'd like to get Yule scents for that, and October 15 is our handfasting anniversary (years before the "official" marriage). Don't yet know what's going to be appropriate for that one. Maybe Beth will have a Libra oil, which would be perfect (my birth sign too). I might need to wait and see what Moon is offered then as well.

Our local big Playhouse is starting the season with Dracula. I am so excited!! I'm already deciding what bpal scent to wear (unless I go with Possets...). I think Count Dracula is a little obvious. I'm thinking Devil's Night or October (and I haven't even smelled it yet!). If I decide on Possets it would be Ribbands, Merlin's Mistress, or Over The Rhine.

More choices:

Montresor

Pumpkin King

Typhon

Mme. Moriarty

Our book group is meeting at our house in a couple of weeks and we will be discussing Dracula. I'll probably wear Carfax Abbey and maybe a bit of Devil's Night - and cooking up a spread of Hungarian food!

My first day of the new school year (I'm in college) is next week. I'm thinking of wearing Carceri d'Invenzione, Dee, or Faustus - which one depends on the weather, but I'm leaning towards Dee, which is my favorite scent ever. :P

I always count the first day of fall as September 1 (usually because I'm so sick of summer by that point :P )

and I am thinking of wearing original Hunter Moon this weekend. I've been collecting decants and now I'm ready to bring on the autumn goodness!

For buying my books and the first day of the new semester, I am wearing Miskatonic University, and Aziraphale in my scent locket ^.^

Too bad I didn't get seriously interested in TAL until very recently, otherwise I would have worn Temple: Egyptian on the Ancient Egyptian New Year, back in early August. Instead, I wore Cairo, which is the closest thing to kyphi I could think of.

I do not celebrate Christmas anymore, but I love Gingerbread Poppet and Snow White for the holiday season :P

Today I finally went to see the exhibit Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharoahs I wore Bastet and it really added to the overall atmosphere. I felt like I was walking in ancient temples. Then of course I realized that it would be really cool if the Trading Post came out with Egyptian themed storage boxes. The Egyptians sure had some really cool perfume and cosmetic storage containers!

my under-kimono already carries a faint apple scent (i'm thinking it's from the hesperides or ladon) and my over-kimono has a barest floral scent (i can't figure out what scent is was/is). i was thinking i'd wear the hesperides and yemaya so as to smell like an appley melon. but then i realized those scents are a bit more srpingy and since these kimonos are autumnul (deep rust tones on one, dusty olive greens on the other, the obi is a rich golden colour, haven't selected an obi-age yet) i need to select something more apropriate. i'll probably go with something sweet and spicy but i haven't narrowed it down enough yet. maybe i'll try a bit of plunder with samhain?

My lady pirate costume smells of Port Royal. I had tried Mary Read and Anne Bonny but neither of those were spectacular on me. PR all the way! Arrr!!!