Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

I'm going to be Minnie Mouse (haha, my best friend coaxed me into it, he's being mickey, I think we'll be cute though ^^) - but I'm not sure of a scent yet... Perhaps Antique Lace, or Midway? any ideas? :D

Mouse's Long & Sad Tale of course :P

I went to a formal party tonight and I wore a black silk dress with a red mask and Blood Rose. I was introduced as the coworker who always smells good. :P

I'm going as a Punk Rocker or something....probably going to wear Mme. Moriarty unless I find something else in my imp box that smells more 'punk rockerish'. I kinda just like the scent and it's a 'red' scent and my outfit is red. :P

I hope it doesn't cause the kid I'm taking trick or treating trouble with allergies though.

Countess Bathory...I'll be layering Blood Countess with Blood Rose.

Hey, what would you guys suggest for Beetlejuice?

Edited by eternalargus

i have been dressing up all week at the salon. i have been: a dark pixie, a gypsie, a pirate, the grim reaper...on monday i will be gothic ann (raggedy's evil cousin), and on tues i will be lil dead riding hood. i have worn the same scent w/ every costume. SAMHAIN 04, it is my perfect fall scent!

Hey, what would you guys suggest for Beetlejuice?

Graveyard Dirt or Dead Man's Hand. :P

But since those aren't readily available, something cacophonous that manages to smell great too, like The Caterpillar or Jabberwocky.

Shelldoo, you owe us pictures!!

I'm going to be Minnie Mouse (haha, my best friend coaxed me into it, he's being mickey, I think we'll be cute though ^^) - but I'm not sure of a scent yet... Perhaps Antique Lace, or Midway? any ideas? :D

Mouse's Long & Sad Tale of course :D

:P why didn't I think of that? ;P

Sadly, it is very inconsistent on me, sometimes it smells absolutley delightful, and sometimes a little bit like pee. :)

Today at work, answering calls i and dressed as Punkerbell (tinkerbell in her punk days!!) and am wearing Jack, seems appropriate me thinks!!

I love Gothy Ann! :P

I dressed up as a tacky lady to take our daughter (a wizard, and hubby was Indiana Jones) to Boo at the Zoo. A 1950s swing coat with a huge fur collar, turquoise floppy hat with purple flowers, caked on makeup and tons of tacky jewelry. I grabbed Ravenous to wear because, although I should love it, it smells hideously of something that's been sitting on some granny's dresser for 20 years on me. It broke my heart that it didn't work (I love both patchouli and orange blossom), but it helped me to "get in character." Hoo boy, I reeked, lol!!!

I dressed up as Monster Bait for hallowe'en :P

(so of course I wore my Closet. but yeah. BPAL was the inspiration for my costume.)

I've been waiting all week to wear my scarey gypsy costume, tobe worn with Mme Moriarty, naturally.

BUT! in the scramble to finish seeing off my final piano student, throwing dinner at the kids, putting on their makeup (one was an EMO/ punk vampire, the other a zombie princess), and putting last minute lighting and spiderwebs up in our "parlor", I totally forgot to put on ANY scent (except probably flop sweat). I was climbing out of the shower around 11pm when I saw my beautiful bottle of MmM sitting there and AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Oh well, there's always RenFest this weekend!

I love Black Opal, Trick or Treat, and Ravenous at Halloween. Actually, Ravenous comforts me on November 1, which I am sad that Halloween is over.

I was a pinup girl and wore just a touch of Mme. Moriarty. It wasn't quite right, but it sure smells yummy!!

I know I'm not the only one who plans in advance what scent I'm going to wear on a special occasion. Spill it!

For Christmas celebrations, I wore Shub-Niggurath to my dad's, then later I wore Jolasveinar to my great-grandmother's. There were many people at my great-grandma's so I think the Jolasveinar was kind of drowned out by other perfumes there. Also after hugging 50 aunts, grandmas, cousins, etc....you sort of end up wearing everyone's perfume. For a long time I thought I would wear Penitence for Christmas but I decided I wanted to be less solemn and more festive.

For New Year's Eve (small party at friend's house), I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking Shub again. No reason to hold back now since it's a GC scent again! Runners up would be Cloister Graveyard in the Snow, or Death of the Grave-Digger.

I wore Alice for Christmas, because I wanted to smell lovely and Alice always leaves me feeling happy- Alas, the only comment from my husband was, "Hmm. It's pretty, but it doesn't really evoke Christmas." I knew I should've gone with a spicy scent, but... eh. I think I will wear Et Lux Fuit on New Year's Eve in hopes for a bright year to come. :P