Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Profoundly sensual. The echo of caresses: raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane.

2018:

Body, Remember is a surprise because I get all listed notes from the first inhale. Strongest on me is a very green and syrupy sugar cane, followed by a more floral than usual champaca (it seems like there might be other hidden flowers with it), dark coconut, and a musky and almost woody ambergris-ambrette mix.

An appealing blend that would be interesting to pair with The Pleasure of Aristocratic Women, with its coconut-almond-teak thing.

Edited by Casablanca

Holy crap. The champaca is so strong with that sugar cane. A dash of coconut is thrown in and on me it's mostly the scent of some lemon or lime wet n wild Chapstick. :/

2018:

I never got to try the older version, but this one is lovely! I do agree that there is some FRUIT of some kind in the imp and wet, but it dries down in a more subtle way... in fact it loses most of the top-note fruit whatever after 5-10 minutes on me. It's sweet, musky, and very subtly floral. The coconut isn't beachy coconut on me... it's that muted black coconut / coconut husk that lurks under other woody things. I like it!

Edited by Pika

2018 version.

OK, if I hadn't been looking at the notes list, I would have been willing to swear in a court of law that there was orange, or at least orange blossom, in this. It starts with sort of a floral orangey scent, then I get more of the coconut along with some musky sweetness. It's evocative of sunscreen, tropical drinks, and warm skin, and will be a great scent for summer. I don't always mesh with this type of scent, but I'm liking it here.

Unfortunately, it fades on me after about an hour. Decant keeper, but probably not a bottle.

2012 version

Surprisingly I got no coconut on my skin! Smells like rich honey and skin musk to me with a slight creamy floral undertone. Very pretty!

Smells really warm and pretty. Reminds me a bit of the Lush Godiva shampoo bar, but creamier. A definite favorite.

Where I'd wear it: Date night, early summer

2018 version.

In the decant: Sweeter than I was anticipating! I'm getting lots of champaca flower, sugar cane, and coconut.

Wet: The champaca and sugar cane are the strongest notes on me, with the sugar cane being the strongest note. Then, the coconut joins in. The ambergris is present, but I feel like it's role is to tie the notes together instead of being a main player itself.

Dry: This is still sweet sugar cane, champaca, and black coconut on a bed of ambergris, although I do get a bit of the ambrette seed in the background adding some more warmth to the scent during this stage.

Verdict: This is too tropical and almost candy-like for me, but I'm glad that I was able to try it.

Creamy floral with smooth dark coconut carrying the blossoms. I never get the fruity notes others are talking about. It is very very nice, But it does not linger on my skin for very long.

Everyone was going on about how sensual this is, so I had to try it. I really wasn't impressed when I first tried it from the mailbox. Now that it's had a month to sit, I'm trying it again. Sweet coconut, but not like BBW Cream Coconut. It's creamy in another way, I'm guessing from the ambergris and ambrette seed. Perhaps like a coconut cream pie with a bit of skin musk? It's really nice, but not what I would consider sensual.

2018 version.

This started out kind of suntan lotiony. The coconut combined with the sugar cane and ambergris make it kind of tanning oil ish for a bit. Given time to dry though that does fade for the most part. The sugary coconut at least moves to the background. The ambergris comes even more forward but it's less tanning oil and more of a beachy-sweet-salty musk at this point. Then the ambrette comes forward and turns this from a 'meh' scent into an 'ugh' scent. It really doesn't work on my skin. It's supposed to smell kind of musky-nutty-leathery but in combination with the ambergris it makes this blend go kind of plasticky/rubbery on me. The champaca basically doesn't exist. Medium throw but not sure of wear length, I ended up washing this off.

Edited by mishi-bear

This smells incredibly synthetic on me like a 1980s vinyl strawberries and cream scented my little pony.

Where is the stawberry is coming from? I don't know. Help. 😂

Edited by Biocarbons

This smells gently fruity and creamy sweet to me at first, like the creamy filling of a confection.  But there's just enough soft, incensey champaca in the background to ground it and keep it from smelling too foodie.  The coconut is becoming more identifiable.  It's luscious, but not tropical.  The champaca is really nice in this.  Very soft, but present.  This seems like really delectable skin scent.  I think the ambrette is giving it sort of a "lived-in" feel.  Subtley sexy and nibble worthy.  I might have to snag a bottle of this if they re-release it. Yum.

ETA:  Just realized what this is reminding me.  Temple Viper with that sugar cane and champaca combo.  This is much gently sweet though.  More fruity, less incense.  I"m a fan of both though.  :heart:

Edited by VetchVesper

2019: 

A total winner. So much better than any previous year I've tried. Much cleaner and simpler. A more understated magnetic sensuality.The ambergris is gentler in 2019 and I think that's the major difference. Very well balanced golden glowing coconut with sweet gentle floral and musk background. Smells a bit like Lush's Yuzu & Cocoa..? Strange! 

2018 version. 

In the decant: Champaca edged by sugar cand. 

On my skin:

Wet, the champaca is at the forefront, though I can also detect the coconut. As it dries, I get a fair amount of black coconut in the throw, though champaca continues to be the star of the skin scent. 

Once it has time to settle into my skin and into itself, this scent is a burst of champaca sweetened with sugarcane and underscored by black coconut. I get very little of the ambergris accord or the ambrette seed, but the blend I do get here is very bright and sweet without being overwhelming or artificial in any one note. 

so i don't know why i'm surprised by this but i find body remember to be very beachy. must be all dat coconut. reminds me of a luxe suntan lotion. but like in a really good way. fresh in the bottle, i'm reminded of some kind of conditioner that i used to use that worked wonders on my hair. it's very sweet, almost marzipan-y in a way but not really.

wet on the skin the coconut comes out more fully and this is when i get the suntan lotion impression. but also, i feel like i'm chilling on a beach. profoundly sensual is a good way to describe this because this has a really relaxing, lovely vibe. to clarify, when i say beachy i don't mean aquatic or salty. more like i'm chilling in a lagoon, i have this awesome suntan lotion on, and i'm surrounded by some big jungle flowers. 

doesn't morph much on me as it dries. becomes a bit less sweet but not much. really sexy. great throw. definitely a summer scent.

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

In the Bottle:
Sweet coconut and champaca

On the Skin:
The champaca is actually quite strong with a backing of coconut and quite sweet, I assume from the sugar cane note.  The initial blast softens quite quickly

On the Drydown:
The champaca is a little overbearing for a while but once it settles into the rest of the blend this is sweet and bone dry.  The extreme drydown is really nice.  Age will serve this one well.

Thoughts before testing: This has been on my "to try" list forever so I was thrilled when it came back with the 2020 Lupers. I'm hoping that this is a sexy, smoky skin scent. 

Wet: Woof, very indolic coconut. If I didn't know better, I'd say this has jasmine in it. As I sniff, the indolic part starts to become almost plasticky? 

Dry down: The indolic smell is gone but the coconut is definitely smelling like plastic. This is so disappointing! 

Dry: After about an hour, the plastic burns off and it becomes this nuanced, beautiful sexy coconut. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Final thoughts: It lasts forever on my skin. I was still smelling it strongly 9 hours later and it kept that sexy coconut vibe the whole way through. The first hour was rough what with the indolic/plastic stage. But there's a good chance it just needs to age that off, so I'm keeping the imp for now and strongly considering a bottle. 

Verdict: Keeping to age, look for an update in 6 months. 

2020 decant.

Been meaning to try this for the last couple years but somehow never remembered to pick up a decant when I had the chance. Until now!

This is one of those weird blends that I both love and despise at the same time. Freshly applied this is STRONG, aggressive "summer beach" with the coconut as a suntan lotion base and the sugar cane and champaca throwing a sweet (sometimes to the point of cloying) floral, almost rummy blast of warm air across it. I put it on before bed and when I woke up it had settled down to a beautiful, delicate (but still detectable) salt-tinged skin scent. I don't think I'll upsize, but I'll keep this decant for warmer weather when I want to feel like I'm on vacation.

2018: 

Fun fact, this was in my first BPAL order as a blind bottle! I just thought it sounded pretty. Now when I smell it, I get hella nostalgia. A personalized reaction to this scent for sure, but it no doubt colors my impressions.

Something about Body, Remember makes me think of - bear with me - an idealized version of sex. One with sweet skin-musk, coconut oil from a massage, sugared bodies mingling. It's a romance novel version of sex aromas. It doesn't have quite the raw sex skank that will openly remind you of the real thing, or make it too X-rated to wear in public. But it definitely is the memory of sex, softened with a glowing filter. 

The black coconut brings to mind the same dark purply note from Death Adder, and the sugared champaca is much like Temple Viper. If you like either of those two scents, Body, Remember might be a good chance to take. Weirdly, I agree that this is vaguely orange-blossomy. Could it be the champaca flower? It is in such harmony with the other notes in the bottle, gleaming like candlelit skin.

I would definitely wear this on a third date.

Body Remember 2020

I honestly am pretty bad with picking out notes but I know I smell black coconut and sugar.  I do get why everyone says “suntan lotion”, but this smells 100 times better than any suntan lotion I’ve ever used!  On me it’s a little floral, a little creamy, a lot of coconut and sweet sugar.  When I first got this in the mail I was disappointed for some reason, I don’t remember why, and put it away for a month or two.  When I went back to it the first day I got a compliment from my daughter, “OMG mom, what are you wearing today, you smell so good!”  And the very next time I wore it a week later, another compliment from someone else.  It has grown to be my favorite BPAL, I wear it every day, I’ll admit it, I’m obsessed.  I am totally planning on wearing it in every season because I never don’t want to smell like this. ❤️❤️❤️

2019 Version:

Sugary sugary coconut on a dark incensy bed.. Maybe a hint of salt. Mmmmm. Fresh this scent was pretty strong on the ambergris and a bit too cloying. Now it's toned down a lot and it's really just delightful. My #1 summer beach perfume. But very very sweet!

On 5/19/2020 at 5:50 PM, Juliamon said:

2020 decant.

Been meaning to try this for the last couple years but somehow never remembered to pick up a decant when I had the chance. Until now!

This is one of those weird blends that I both love and despise at the same time. Freshly applied this is STRONG, aggressive "summer beach" with the coconut as a suntan lotion base and the sugar cane and champaca throwing a sweet (sometimes to the point of cloying) floral, almost rummy blast of warm air across it. I put it on before bed and when I woke up it had settled down to a beautiful, delicate (but still detectable) salt-tinged skin scent. I don't think I'll upsize, but I'll keep this decant for warmer weather when I want to feel like I'm on vacation.

OMG, I had the exact same reaction. I put this on last night and I got an aggressive sharp, almost floral smell that was almost painful - I didn't identify what it was but I guess it's the sugar cane and the champaca. I was on the verge of relegating it to the destash pile. Then as it sat, it warmed up and I started to smell the coconut, tropical scent. Calmed down, it's what I imagine a tropical island would smell like. So now I'm keeping it lol. 😂  

I'm pretty sure I have the 2019 version- that would make the most sense at least. 

In the bottle: coconut. coconut chocolate? Like a dusty mounds bar. 

Wet: sugar and coconut! I can smell the sugary coconut shavings, drenched with something syrupy in a decadent dessert. 

Dry: this has some really good staying power- now so much throw, but it kind of mellows down to a "box of chocolate candies in which all of them are coconut cremes." I've been catching whiffs of this all morning, and am loving the delightful decent into skin musk with high notes of sugar and delicate musk. It's a close smell, but not a "hey there sexy I'm ready for a whirlwind of a time" 

2019 edition. Sugary, sweet coconut with a deep musky skin-like fragrance from the ambergris accord, deepened more by ambrette seed. The champaca blends so well I can barely pick it out, but it is there being shy. This scent is sensuality, warm skin, like a perfume I'd smell on someone from a forgotten era.

Edited by Rane.
*typo