Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

I got this as a from from the lab ... thanks guys!

In all honesty, I was afraid to try this scent because it smelled so overpoweringly strong and astringent to me in the tiny vial, like a rancid floral. I'm thinking that this will maybe eat my skin or something. :eek:

I finally gathered up my courage and tried this out and was very pleasantly surprised. As opposed to smelling like rancid florals, this turned into a lovely sweet floral, almost juicy. This reminds me of maybe gardenias, or as another poster said, magnolia.

This scent lasted a while on my skin, giving off wisps of wonderfully sweet fragrant florals. I really enjoyed this scent! :joy:
Also, Has No Hanna is supposed to "lift spirits and alleviate depression" - I'm all over that! I need to invest in a bottle.

Bought this from the lab in a set of 6 imps as a curiosity thing. Brings luck and alleviates depression? Sure, I'll give it a shot.

First note: This stuff is STRONG going on. One dab on the wrist and then rub it in, and you still may overwhelm yourself.

I'm not sure what it was supposed to smell like, but on me it went WRONG. Sickeningly floral and soapy with a bit of baby powder. It made my sinuses start wailing too.

Think this is a no-go for me.

Oh my gosh, I smell like grandma soap. :sick:

It was SO pretty when I first put it on. Really lovely, heady florals, and I am not a florals gal. It lasted for about 15 minutes, but quickly morphed into something more sinister.

However.. On my first day of wearing, my long distance boyfriend came online and let me know that he'll be in the area this weekend and we may finally get to meet. :dance:

I'm totally okay with smelling like a bar of soap if it brings joy like this to my life. Thank you so much!

I ordered this as I'd been having a particularly rough time at work and wanted something to give me a boost that would help me get through the day. It's a lovely scent - I felt happier as soon as it hit my nose! There's a very pretty floral - smells like it could be jasmine or ylang ylang - a little bit fruity and, until it dried down, I could also smell coconut...very sweet coconut. But that went away upon drydown and I was left with a long-lasting, pretty, happy-making floral.

I bought it for its purported effects (and because I love surprises!) so discovering I liked it as a perfume was a bonus. As for the effects, the colleague who has been unjustifiably making my life harder for the last week was much nicer and repentantly confessed (perhaps pre-emptively?!) to our boss that she hadn't been particularly kind to me lately. I call that a result! Don't ask me about correlation and causation, though, I don't know. Could be a coincidence but I prefer to think there's no such thing.

Nice one, lab!

Felt I needed some luck of late, so I ordered an imp of this recently.

In the imp: Smells wonderful. There's a sharp citrus note, could be lemon and ginger I think, and there's herbal smells there too.

Wet: It smells like window cleaner. It smells exactly like the surface spray I use. Ugh.

Drydown: The window cleaner scent fades, and some nice spices start to pop up, but that nasty chemical smell still sits in the background. If I don't smell my wrist, it's actually nice. It wafts mostly spices.

Verdict: I will keep and use my imp, cause I need the luck! But no bottle in my future, and the throw is only about 1 and 1/2 hours so it's not anything amazing scent wise.

As far as luck, I had a relatively easy going morning at work while wearing this, and when I put on something different in the afternoon, all I had was tricky, grumpy clients! So maybe there's something there :D

Thanks to the lab for this frimp- I might never have tried this based on the reviews but I can see it becoming a favorite.

Tuberose tuberose tuberose! The reviews for this one have surprised me with people picking up jasmine and other florals, spicy notes and so forth. On me it is tuberose at first, there might be peach, something making the tuberose a little bit golden.

Once it dries there is a hint of that herbalness that underlies many of the voodoo scents. The slightly peachy "golden" aspect of the scent is stronger.

I LOVE this! More than the tiniest dab is too much. It has a lot of throw and staying power. Reminds me of a Guerlain scent, Jardins de Bagatelle, although Has No Hanna is not as warm smelling and seems a bit more delicate (at least when applied sparingly).

It really does seem to be lifting my spirits. I would say I need a bottle but since the merest speck is all you need to be well scented a bottle might be overkill.

Edit: my imp is over a year old, maybe the scent smells much different fresh.

Edited by Myrrha

As a personal fragrance, I'm not crazy about this. It has a musty smell to me. Someone mentioned "grandma soap" in another review, and BOOM! That's exactly what I get. Only it was lotion. It smells just like my grandmother's lotion. But really not in a good way.

I get some heavy rose from this with hints of Jasmine in the background and something like indolic scent that elderly people sometimes get. Sorry, Has No Hanna. But smell-wise, you just don't work for me.

I will have to report back on the voodoo effects. I could certainly use some good luck.

I like this way more than I thought I would based on the reviews. I've been wearing this the last 2 days and it has been great in the summer heat. On me it's an earthy floral, but not an overpowering headache inducing one. It doesn't really smell like dragons blood, but it's got the same sort of earthy floral feeling to it. I'm not really a believer in voodoo, but I have definitely had an awesome few days while wearing this so maybe it's doing something.

Edit: This definitely works for me. I have had great luck and felt amazing wearing this. I need a bottle.

Edited by Heatherzilla

In the imp, this is a very sweet floral.

On my hand, the sweetness dies down, so it's more of a tart floral - gardenia, jasmine sambac? It's actually a sort of yellow scent. It is nice, though.

Wet: White flowers with something from the orris/iris family. Sharp, golden, and soapy.

Drydown: Warmer and gentler now. The sharp note has died down and a calming herbal note has come forth. There’s a slight sweetness that I can’t yet identify. It smells very sunshiney; I can almost picture myself all dolled up in a girly dress, laying in the middle of some flowery field, soaking in the sun.

Dry: Gentle jasmine, calming herbs, and something golden, grounded by a creamy and resinous something (benzoin?). This is a kind scent, smelling both innocent and nurturing. Like a loving mother from a storybook.

7 out of 10 bones

Wonderful! I've had a super-positive response to this scent. Wearing it during a chaotic time at work has been soothing and uplifiting. I love the jasmine / gardenia / rose heart of this scent. It's very warm and organic, not fussy or uber-femme. I work in a health care setting, so I've been wearing it diluted with apricot oil while at work. In a dilute form like that, it's subtle, but lasting. 10 stars! I got it as a frimp, and immediately had to buy the bottle.

2022 update: I still love it. These days, I wear it in a scent locket instead of diluting. Good vibrations, for sure!

Edited by Teamama
2022 update

In the imp: This mostly smells kind of astringent and medicinal to me.

On my skin, I get light florals, kind of "watery" in a freshwater way. I wouldn't call it aquatic, though. More like a pitcher of water with flowers floating in it. I'm with those who smell rose and gardenia - I don't smell jasmine at all, it's usually pretty distinct and unpleasant on me. There's a little bit of the medicinal-ness from the vial, but not too much.

As far as the scent goes, it's alright but I have other floral blends I prefer. But I could always use a bit of luck ;)

Edit: Wearing this really does help my head feel "clear" of all its usual anxiety gunk. It's kind of like the way horseradish clears out your sinuses.... except for my brainz. o_O Very odd, kind of "tingly" feeling.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Wet: Lemony soap! Not terrible or anything.

Dry: Still citusy soap. I have no idea if it works or anything, but I honestly just wear BPAL for the fragrance, and this fragrance just doesn't do it for me. But I'm grateful to have gotten to try it!

I agree with Magycmyste it's yellow. Very sweet, very floral, reminds me of something I had in the 80's but I can't remember what it was. I don't hate it but I won't be buying a full bottle. Not my favorite but wearable.

ITI: Strongly proud, clean white floral push their way out of the imp. Sharpness and something faintly floral dwells just under the white florals. It's decent so far.
Wet: For some reason, I'm detecting white jasmine and lily of the valley, perhaps some ylang ylang as well. There's a touch of powder on me, so there's possibly a light musk thrown in the mix. It certainly has lots of throw. My friend could smell it three rooms away.
Dry: This scent lingers for a good period of time. 7 hours and it's still producing a good amount of throw. The white florals, jasmine, and soapiness still remain, but it is clean and I have had a touch more luck wearing it. The husband hinted that he might have to go to a week long meeting in London and asked me to keep my schedule clear.

Another frimp from my just-arrived Luper purchase. I'd never really thought on buying the Conjure Bag blends, just because they have no actual notes listed...that makes me a little leery, but this one might become a bottle buy. It's lovely, though it's shockingly strong for a floral. I was surprised at how much kick a little dab had to it.

Wet: very floral. Like, I don't even have a clue what any single note is, just floral. Not a particularly white floral, definitely not a lush tropical or oriental floral...just flowers everywhere. Smooth floral; nothing jumps out as sharp or shrieking, but it's incredibly potent and dense. Still, I like a lot of florals, and it's certainly not offensive.

Dry: wow. Still so very floral, but I'm getting a bit more specifics. I think there's gardenia, maybe jasmine or tuberose. Probably a tiny bit of rose, given how sweet it is, and a bit of magnolia making it creamy? Though there might be a resin note behind it; I think BoneBone24's suggestion of benzoin might be close on the money. This is lovely, and kept going strong for quite a while; it took about 6 hours for it to fade beyond my ability to notice it, even close-up. For a primarily floral scent, that impresses me. Even some of my much-loved resins and musks don't last that long.

Verdict: keeper! It's softer in tone than my usual, as I don't have many florals I count as everyday wear except in summer, so I think it's a nice addition to my collection. I think maybe I should consider looking into the other Conjure Bag blends, since this and #20 Love Oil ended up so good on me.

Wet on skin: A musky white floral. I think maybe lily of the valley, magnolia... and this just went soapy. Before I finish guessing at things, they turn to musky soap.

Dry: Slightly musky soap.

Nothing to add.

In the imp, it has a nice fruity smell - apricot - which I'd love to stick around. But on, I keep getting a very dry floral and ONLY that. I thought rose, but the consensus seems to be jasmine so my nose could be off? Not a huge fan as a perfume, but I think it might make a nice spring cleaning oil for the diffuser!

3/10 :(

ETA 9/16: DEFINITELY rose. I love jasmine and I don't get even a hint of it here.

Where I'd wear this: To a teahouse, 1850

Edited by gloame

Glancing at the other reviews, I think I agree with the magnolia comments. It's a note that's extremely finnicky on me, and usually smells like rotting fruit, but somehow here it doesn't. There is a definite fruity quality to it, and something almost candylike. The musk makes it slightly powdery and softens it all up. I don't hate it, but I'm also not a huge fan.

It's a perfectly nice floral. I get rose mostly, but there is a suggestion of fruit in it as well. I think it smells a little citrusy, but it could just be my nose.

Rose is never my favorite floral, but I do enjoy this one. For me, it doesn't turn soapy, or smell too stuffy. I'm not super impressed, but it is nice and I'll keep it around in case I need a little boost of luck. Can't hurt, right?

Hmmm...another white floral that smells slightly off on me that turns to soap.

-However- this is a ritual oil of a type [i'm sure there's a better word, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet] so I'm interested to see if it works as intended.

In the imp: A light, soft, pink rose, a bit of sweetness, and a smattering of herbs. I'm somewhat reminded of Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs, but with the addition of a few herbs.

Wet: Yep, this is definitely pink rose and some herbs (I think I'm getting a bit of lemongrass and rosemary). While I think this features the same rose as in Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs, this scent is not as sweet as that one.

Dry: The pink rose is still the star of the show, but the herbs are lighter now, and there's a bit of sweetness (but it's not due to vanilla or honey – maybe there's some gardenia here).

Verdict: I'm only testing this one for its scent, and thus, I cannot attest to whether it is effective for its purpose. The scent is pleasant, but as I already have Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs and too many rose scents as it is, I doubt I'd end up reaching for this one.

It's a floral. I don't know enough about florals to tell, but my brain is bringing me to some southeren swampy garden in the summer. Go look at someone else if you wish to ponder the olfactory sensations of flowers I know little about. It's a rather nice floral, combined with something my nose is detecting as apricot, but it could be yet another flower. It's nice, like sitting in a conservatory fresh on the skin. It has a hella strong throw, and my sheets smell of it after I applied it last night. Theres something earthy and bitter lurking under the florals, leading more to that stifling conservatory feeling, but in a nice way. Than dry-down hits. Boom, DILL. the florals back off and it's DILLS TIME TO SHINE BABY. Never before have I smelled dill in a perfume. It's not the pickled dill I'm getting but dill fresh from the ground, mixed with my mothers dill bread. It's a lovely floral dill that pulses and changes and it just... interesting.

Also because I ignored the warnings and just read Anti-Depressant and went Anti-DeYESant I slathered this on. Did I feel energized and renewed? Yes. Did I accidentally hotbox my dorm room with perfume? YES. Do I have regrets? Naw. It's a truly interesting blend, and if you feel like something earthy and unique give it a whirl.

I review both scent and for intended use.

On me, this is in your face sharp, green and herbal at first. Almost unpleasant, but have learned to like the scent better, as I've gotten to know it better. There is also something bright, but not warm to it, and maybe a slight spicyness. Maybe some white florally stuff, or at least, what I personally feel white florals smell like. It calms down a little over time, and some sweetness comes forth. An herbal sweetness, it is. Over time this sweetness takes over and it is much the same kind of sweetness, that many of the conjure bag oils has to them after some time. This lasts a long time and a little goes a long way.

Purpose wise, I'm not really sure, it has brought me a lot of luck yet, but it works wonders as a mood lifter; depressive thoughts and feelings are instantly gone or heavily improved upon, when putting this on and so far, it is one of the most effective of the conjure bag oils, for me personally. Far more effective, than any of the other mood enhancers, and this is becoming one of my go tos together with Blockbuster and Wolf's Heart.

If I have not found something similar with a scent more to my liking or even more effective, I will gladly buy a big bottle of this one, when my imp runs out. I would not purchase for scent alone thought, but the effectiveness of this stuff makes up for the scent not being totally me.

Edited by Seifos