Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

In the imp: flowers – jasmine and gardenia. Strong, strong flowers!

On the skin, this smells of strong, vibrant flowers. Aggressive. Jasmine, gardenia. Is that a touch of ylang ylang? This oil makes my eyes water a bit it’s so strong. There could be a touch of pepper in here and maybe some ginger.

This is a hot, dry scent.

This is indeed a happy scent. I can’t say if this brings me luck, but I’ll keep the imp and hang on to any that come my way.

Softly floral, particularly rose. Very delicate and pretty, but goes a little soapy on my skin certain times of the month.

I smell pear, jasmine, and maybe banana and mint? I’d classify this scent as fruity, floral, and also herbal. It’s pretty strong. And…it’s just not me. It’s a spring/summer scent, and I’m a fall/winter girl. But I’d recommend it for anyone who is cheered by fruity florals.

In the imp, Has No Hanna is gold and floral -- a buttery, rich, round sort of floral. On my skin, it is again floral, but not in a cloying, unbearable way; to me, it seems to have ylang-ylang or some exotic smell that is rich and nectary. There must be something else in this blend to cut the extreme floral aroma, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would be -- maybe a bit of ginger or pepper? I wore a few drops of Has No Hanna for the first time simply to test out its power on an evening when I felt a bit troubled and dark, and it certainly had the intended effect. While this may not be a scent that I would wear simply for its fragrance, I am keeping my imp because of its brightening and uplifting qualities.

Edited to correct my whacky spelling.

Edited by valentina

This smells like Daffodil.. like the ones that grew beneath the window of my bedroom at my Grandma's house. It's not as sweet, and a little sharp, but I swear that's what I smell :P Likely not something I'd buy a full bottle of, and I'll probably pass the imp on to share with someone else.

In the bottle: This has a floral feel, but its undertones resemble the sweetness of Aunt Caroline’s Joy Mojo and the kick of Van Van. The impression I get is somewhat aquatic.

Wet: There is an astringent note that comes out. It feels like there is more to this blend than just the oil.

Drying down: This is a mix of sweet and medicinal scents with a sheer floral overlay. It is a moist scent.

Dry: It has softened, still herbal but less medicinal. It is sweet, almost like honeysuckle. It is also a clean scent, pushing soapy.

Later: This did not get overly soapy. It is a feminine scent. It definitely lifted my spirits in the morning, while it was still strong. I also had a rash of what I call “fake-out bad luck.” For example, our car wouldn’t start for several tries while we were out shopping. Then, it started fine. At the grocery, it looked like some guy was pulling through into the space we were about to use, then he continued on through and left, leaving us a spot. I will have to try this again, next time without a jacket that already smelled like Trick#1. I love the scent of Trick #1, but I wonder if that influenced the luck…

Sharp and herbal. There’s something spicy in there (chrysanthemum?) but mostly this is a sharp, yellow-green smell.

As it settles, it starts to change. I’m pretty sure that I’m picking up jasmine now. It’s not by any stretch a straight jasmine; something else in this mixture is just as enthusiastic about my skin as jasmine is. The brief impression fades, and I wonder whether it may be another white flower instead of jasmine. Briefly, I find myself thinking of gardenias and magnolias.

Right now, there’s a middle current of white floral in this scent with something faintly spicy above it and something quieter and herbal below it, but I can’t say much more. (Sorting through a scent is very difficult when there are no scent notes at all!) It’s neither a bright scent nor a dark scent, but it does strike me as a cheerful one.

The jasmine in this blend has gone back to prominence, though it’s still a yellowish-green blend. Now the white is sinking and blending a bit. This is a very changeable smell on me. It doesn’t seem like a scent that I particularly want to smell like, as I’m not sure what other people would think of it, but it seems like one that I would like to be around. Perhaps the aromatherapy approach is called for.

Bottle: sweet jasmine and gardenia with an herbal base

Wet: this is definitely a jasmine heavy blend

Dry: This one doesn't change much, jasmine, gardenia, herbal, maybe moss?

Someone else mentioned horehound candy, and I do get a bit of that with the herbal base in this. I actually liked this better used in the bath, with the steam lifting the florals into the air, it was very soothing and did put me in fantastic mood.

i got this as a frimp. smells like a strange floral... the closest thing i can think of is lilac, but i'm not sure that's it. there's also a bit of nuttiness and a murky musk to it. strange scent, and it's late at night, i'll have to see if it brings any good luck my way tomorrow.

Very floral, but there's something there preventing it from becoming cloying. It's a very 'yellow' scent, if that makes any sense. It turned soapy on me. Great smelling soap, but soap nonetheless. I...kinda like it? I don't know. It makes me smell like I just got right out of the shower. I like that it makes me smell freshly bathed, but it kinda gets tiresome after a while. I think I might just get this in impfuls. As for having good luck, I didn't experience any. Who knows, maybe it's actually balancing out my notoriously bad luck to give me...neutral luck? Either way, I don't like it enough to warrant a whole bottle of it.

This is a clean, semi-sweet blend, ginger and a hint of citrus to my nose. It makes me think of a particularly nice body wash I used to use--which isn't a bad thing. The sweetness is temporary, and it lapses mostly to ginger and a faint hint of white florals. The florals get stronger over time, leaning more towards the soapiness of the blend. This feels like a cleansing scent to me, but it also makes me sneeze.

In the imp: peaches and myrrh and some very strong floral that leaves a soapy feeling in my nose.

On me, wet: lots of myrrh and I think the floral is jasmine - and maybe violets too.

On me, dry: hmm, maybe there's gardenia in here too - but man, that myrrh/violet/jasmine feel is acrid and cloying and soapy and blech.

Verdict: Uh-uh. These florals do not make me feel lifted, they make me feel like I've been chewing soap. Fie, away.

Strong floral... and again, the gardenia dominates with her wet wool scent. It's rosey and very very gardenia like, with an herbal touch.

Nuts... I want a money blend to work out for me. :P

Sadly, this is not it. *sigh*

This is very strongly floral, kind of heady. It smells yellow to me. Is there some orange in this too? Orange blossom, maybe? Also something slightly woody or resinous.

The first time I wore this it did seem to lift my spirits a bit. In all honesty, though, I have to admit that pretty much every BPAL scent lifts my spirits when I wear it. As far as the "rush of good luck," a minute after I applied it I accidentally bumped the table next to me and knocked over a bunch of imps I had lined up on the table. So... not all that convinced about the luck. Or maybe that's just not the type of luck Beth had in mind.

Overall much too floral for me to wear as a perfume (I think only two of the Voodoo Blends are ones I'd wear as perfume), but I do enjoy the "lifts the spirit" aspect of this one.

I mostly get lilac, which is not a favorite...the drydown is a sort of plastic-y floral on me. Not great, but it does seem to brighten my mood a bit. I think I'll hang on to the imp for further testing.

ADDED Nov. 9:

I get a strong violet-like scent.

Edited by Shollin

This is rose, gardenia, musk and rotten wet, soggy leaves. It is a very strong, heavy scent that stays all day long. I do like strong scents and I definitely need some luck so I will continue to use the imp for several days and see how it goes.

In the bottle:

A sharper floral and... peach? The sharp floral might be jasmine.

Wet:

The same floral as above, only more filled out... it might be jasmine, it might be something else, like lily... or ylang ylang? I have no idea what ylang ylang smells like. It's got a pollen-ness to it, as well as some green/herbs. I still think there's something a little fruity/peachy behind it, but it's mostly hidden.

Dry down:

It's now a more subtle floral. Hard to pick out which flowers are in there, but probably jasmine, and maybe ylang ylang (I really have no idea what it smells like). I think there might be myrrh. A vaguely tropical feel. Very springy.

Final thoughts:

It's a nice, bright, cheerful spring scent.

I actually really like this, and I don't like florals!

On me, this smells pure tuberose. I know there are other florals in it (jasmine?) I just can't put my finger on exactly what.

Very pretty and feminine. Floral, but not cloying. I like it very much!

ok, i do not pick up peach or spices like I was hoping--Has no Hanna is more like sweet musky generic floral on me. there's also something in this that is irritating my nose (it tickles way in the back) everytime i sniff it directly. not a good sign.

Rating: 2/5

Edited by Lunaratu

Has no Hanna is BPAL number four for me. It's a very stressful time (buying a house, getting ready to go on a short road trip with extended family, then a trip overseas, and more!), so I could use a little uplifting and good luck.

Wet, and in the imp, I get ? melon? Watery, with some herbs behind it.

Later, mmmm.... it's dried to a slightly sweet, but not overpowering floral, and again, the herbs are behind giving it depth. I like it a lot. After three re-applys today, it seems like it's going to last about 3-4 hours on my skin, which is okay because I like both the wet and the dry versions.

As for the voodoo potential, our home inspection today turned up no big surprises, and acutally a few things were better than we suspected about the house :P Also, I was worried that I didn't have enough cash on me to do all the copying and faxing, but the bill came out one dollar less than the cash in my pocket. And my husband was waiting for a call for several days from a colleague, and the call finally came with good news. I told him some of the oil must have rubbed off on him! Last, this is the point before a trip when I would usually be snappy and running around like a chicken with its head cut off, but instead, I think I've got it pretty much together this time. Must keep HNH on until the plane takes off!

Has no Hanna is a keeper, and on the 5ml list!

Roses, herbs, and sweet florals combine in a light and slightly greenish blend.

Reading what people are saying about it, it's all over the map. Some think it's fruity, some think it's very dark.

I think it's green, soft, subtle, and perfumey, a gentle floral that perhaps contains lilies. It's mannerly and not too aggressive with its throw, but it's not very distinctive, either, so investigating the occasional whiffs of scent doesn't seem very interesting.

It reminds me in a vague way of Wolf's Heart. It's metallic like Red Devil is. It's also reminiscent of some of the purer floral blends. The light ones that I really don't care for. This has a strong green element to it, which I think is accounting for the "darkness" people are smelling; it's pungent, which could conceivably come across as deep.

I'm not overly enamored of it, to tell you the truth. It's not very exceptional, and like the rest of the voodoo blends so far, it hasn't really struck me as a perfume.

Peachy! Very peachy but with other notes that I can't put my finger on but I don't particularly like. It's cloying and far too sweet for me. Makes me feel a little sick and I had to wash it off (although I can still smell it! :P) I'm not sure about the good luck or the depression, I couldn't keep it on long enough.

what is in this? i was given a marvelously aged frimp of this and at first it smelled like curry... then it morphed into a very green, herbal smell. it's so odd, i like it! i don't know if i can wear it as a perfume, but i like it!