Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

Beautiful, soft and light floral on me.

I feel happy just wearing this!

Wet and dry, this is a rose floral with hints of fruit and fresh herbs. BPAL rose is usually horrid on me, but Has No Hanna smelled like a garden of blooming sun-warmed roses. I bought this primarily for ooga-booga uses and wasn't expecting this to smell especially great, but it's really quite pleasant and cheery. It's clean without smelling soapy, green without smelling bitter or astringent, and floral without being cloying.

In addition to smelling good, this really, really works. I had what I feared would be a tough day coming up at work so I wore Has No Hanna with a dab of Black Cat for good measure. I ended up working with someone I didn't really know before today, but we hit it off famously. None of our equipment malfunctioned (unusual, given that we work for the City which hates to update or repair our broken and outdated stuff). We were busy, but it made the evening go quickly instead of being an aggravating juggling act. Our colleagues all did what they were supposed to do and nobody had to pick up anyone else's slack. Best of all was the attitude improvements it brought: not only did nobody mouth off at me (rare; I work with the public), and even when wildly juggling assignments I was able to keep calm and centred and saw the humour in it instead of getting cranky, or frazzled. My people skills were top-notch as a result.

On me, this is all honeysuckle. I love honeysuckle, so it's definitely a mood-lifter. :P

As others have mentioned, it does have quite a strong throw and a tiny tiny dot lasts for hours. But I will probably add a bottle to my next order because I keep reaching for it and this could be the first imp I use up completely!

In the bottle:

A heady white floral

On me:

I wish I could say something more than what I'm about to say, but the truth is - it's just straight up soapy floral on me. There must be lily in this because it sure smells like soapy lily. It's also very very strong.

Final notes:

Nope, just soapy floral I'm afraid :P

Woah I forgot about the warning of how strong this is. I applied this on liberally cos I felt I might need it and gosh now I'm stinkin up the room! :P But in a good way.

This smells really good, I can't really make out the individual notes partly due to all the medication clogging up my system but I think there's musk? And floral, definitely. Very light and sweet.

As for the effects, well I can't say much about the good luck yet, but it really cheers people up. Well, me at least. I've been fighting sinking back into depression and falling sick for the past week but the moment I put this on - instant smile on my face. Ahh.. *bliss* Very uplifting scent.

Big bottle here I come! :D

I got this as a freebie and considering I suffer from depression, my heart swelled. (Yes I'm a dork) I was hoping I would love it and it would be a miracle oil that will make me endlessly happy. Sadly all I got was roses. I think that's roses anyway. Roses tend to overpower everything else that is in a perfume when I wear it. I also smell something very green and I don't like green scents either. :P This was supposed to make me happy! Ah well, hope it makes other people happy.

Very floral. I can't pick out any individual notes, other than generic "floral". Not something I would ordinarily wear, but (for most of the Voodoo blends) I don't wear them because they smell nice. Has No Hanna has been my scent of choice for the past week or so, because I've been writing finals. I wore it for my anthropology exam on Monday, and learned yesterday that I'd recived a 92% on that exam - when I walked out of the exam room expecting not more than a 70%. I find it helps me to not worry too much about the exam, before and after I've written it - and, of course, the "rush of good luck" helps too!

The other night I was so sad for no reason. I felt awful, and nothing seemed to be helping. I figured I'd try some of my imps. I stumbled upon Has No Hanna and figured it was worth a shot. I've tried several of the voodoo blends, but nothing yet had really struck a chord. It was worth the wait: Has No Hanna is wonderful. To my nose, it's a light rose. I'm not partial to rose, but this was so delicate I had to (once again) rethink rose. Beth just does it so well! Anyway, after putting this on I felt a gradual sense of relief. No, the world wasn't suddenly perfect. I didn't win the lotto. But I was much calmer, happier even. It was as if I'd gotten a hug and knew I'd be okay. I went to bed feeling content, and woke up MUCH happier than I'd been in a long time. Has No Hanna is my new secret weapon against the blues. I :P it. Thanks, Beth. This is incredible.

In the imp: Very floral and quite sweet. There's a note that reminds me of something but I don't know what.

Wet: Woah this is strong! And floral. Very very floral.

10 minutes later: There's a note that's completely taking over everything but I can't pick what it is (I'm not a floral person). I'm pretty sure it's not jasmine though because I love it and I definitely don't love this. I want to say rose, but I'm not completely sure it is. Whatever it is it's just too strong and heavy, and is very cloying.

30 minutes: I'm getting very lightheaded, but nothing has changed.

6 hours later: I can still smell it! But at least it has faded enough so that I'm no longer quite as lightheaded. No effects on luck either.

Verdict: I need to know what that note is that my chemistry is amping so that I can avoid it! I've tried it several times and the result is always the same. I don't mind it in the imp so I've tried a couple of drops in the bath. It's nice, but it still makes me lightheaded. I now officially give up on it.

In the bottle: A sharp, bright floral. Can't really place the scent but it smells rather familiar.

Wet: How I do love florals! A very pretty scent. Definitely some white floars in there but they're mixing with something a bit...more sophisticated. Really lovely, and I think it's already putting me in a good mood!

Dry: There are still some very beautiful top notes but...there's something sort of sour underneath now. Something turned on my skin but I'm not sure what. It actually smells like something foody but I can't think of what right now. Something in a Chinese restaurant. Anyhoo, not liking it and the new note isn't making me too happy so off to the swaps it goes!

i smell gardenia in this one

i used to love gardenia oil and wear it all the time until my tastes changed and i couldn't handle it's floral headiness any more (same goes for me and jasmine)

but this is a gardenia rooted down just a touch with something special

something very common to the voodoo blends, i've noticed

it's a gardenia i can wear and i like it

In the imp, Has no Hanna smelled almost like bottled honey. It was gently sweet and beguiling, and I was sure it would be as beautiful on as it was in the imp. Unfortunately, it morphs to a sort of soapy smell when it dries on my skin, which isn't wholly unpleasant (unlike the soap smell I get from rose oils), but it is enough to keep me from wanting a big bottle even though I can use the extra pick me up the blend gives me!

Has no Hanna doesn't make me feel happy, per se, but I feel more capable of dealing with the difficulties of living and the various "obstacles" that I meet during the day.

Has No Hanna has a lovely honeysuckle scent on me, which I love, but I had to wash it off pretty soon after putting it on. You know why? I'll tell you why. My hands were covered in tire grease because I blew a HUGE hole in the side of my tire. Here's how my Has No Hanna day has gone so far:

Blew massive hole in tire

Skinned the crap out of my toe at the gas station

Car place is out of stock of my tires

Miss two hours of work to deal with above nonsense

Have to drive to work on spare, going 45 down the highway. Drivers honk at me and give me the finger even though I have my hazard lights blinking.

Get to work- our supplier has screwed up one of my orders and is trying to blame it on me.

Boss makes fun of my driving.

ETA: 2 hours later! It keeps going! Fax has jammed, CDs refusing to burn, large format printer is printing demo over everything for no reason that I can figure out! AGH!

Tomorrow I will have to miss more hours of work, and will be out at least $100 to replace the tire, plus will be out the $70 worth of work I've missed.

This is after finding out last night that my debit card number was stolen and some jerk spent $800 of my money.

I needed a happy day today. I needed some good luck. And instead Has No Hanna pushed me over into the mud and kicked me in the face repeatedly. I'm not sure it's worth it to wear it again, even if I do love the smell. :P

Edited by opaleyes

wow what a tawny scent! I really like it's dry spicy quality, spicy as in ginger and fenugreek, rather than cinnamon or clove. and the soothing tropical flowers that are not creamy but something like creamy. how to describe them? lush? sultry? waxy!

It's a happy warm feeling I get while wearing this, but after it dries, it turns into soap. That often develops with the humid florals...

and the spice turns almost bitter, so it isn't going to work for me, but I was happy to try it!

Nope. It does none of those things. It doesn't do the opposite, but I'm not exceptionally lucky or happy.

It smells a bit like Lolita, with a smell that I can't place. (Anybody surprised? I thought not.)

I hoped it would be peach-y or apricot-y, but it's not, and I don't really like it.

Darn.

This is pretty darned boozy! Has No Hanna is very fruity but not in a way I dislike. There is some ginger and honeyed beeswax and a lot of jasmine. And even more apricot and peach. I'm not sure it is lifting my spirits but it sure does smell nice!

In bottle: Flowers! Tons of flowers. Rich and soft. bit of floral spice. Some roses, maybe carnation or geranium?

on me, wet: a bit sharper and fuller, but in a nice way. I'm getting peonies, I think. Tons of flowers and a hint of deep spice.

15 minutes later: it gets cloyingly sweet. It's heady, and not in a fun way. The sweetness overwhelms everything else.

About an hour or so later: wow. Morph. It's softened completely, and the cloy is completely gone. There's a fruit undertone coming out, like warm apricots. The peonies are still there, as is the spice, but both have mellowed.

Overall, this scent is lovely. I don't like the initial flower blast, but once it settles down, I really like it.

Sweet honeysuckle, apricots and musk. Really, what's not to love about this scent? As for its ability as a moodlifter, it seems to work, at least on me.

Has No Hanna - This scent opens up with the sweet, strong, floral scent of tuberose. As it’s beginning to dry down, I distinctly smell the bright fruity-floral scent of ylang ylang, which I don’t usually like, but which works fabulously with the tuberose. Below that, and far in the background, is a soft, barely noticeable hint of peach. This is a lovely scent, but surprisingly heavy on me. It has really good throw and a little goes a very long way. The lasting power is superb, and the scent doesn’t even remotely begin to fade for a couple of hours, which is great because on my dry skin, most scents need to reapplied every couple of hours. I haven’t noticed any of its “voodoo” effects yet, but you can be sure I’ll be looking for them the next time I wear this!

Has No Hanna

In the imp: jasmine and…oh dear, it must be my nemesis, Evil Gardenia.

Wet on skin: erk! Evil Gardenia on the rampage!

Dry on skin: this scent is almost all dominated by the gardenia note that hates me with the fire of a thousand suns. It has turned green, pickled, celery like, acrid, sharp and almost burnt on me as usual. Bugger. I do get hints of something else green, and a hint of jasmine and honey…but it's almost all gardenia. This may do like Hanging Gardens or Sacred Whore, which both smelt scary for about 15 minutes before turning lovely, so I'll give it a chance. This does, I must say, resemble the scent of the TAL oil, Lucky #20, which makes sense because this is a lucky oil too.

After a while: after 15 minutes, it still smells like burning celery with jasmine. As for it's effects…I'm not sure. It's not doing the Felix Felicis thing on me just yet and the scent isn't uplifting on me at all.

The drydown is a sharp, green, almost 'rotten flower' sort of smell. It's less like gardenia and more like one of the Lab's jasmine notes that goes odd after about 2 hours on my skin.

Verdict: it's a shame, because the description made this seem like an oil I'd like-luck and happiness? Yes please! The reviews mention roses, amber, vanilla, spices, musk, apricots and all sorts of wonderful things. But this scent on me is a full on attack by my arch-enemy, Evil Gardenia. Now there are some BPAL gardenia notes that I adore (like the one in Euphrosyne, which is beautiful) but not this one. It comes up, bites my nose and doesn't let go. Vicious little flower, how dare it take over and spoil this. The scent on me is green, acrid, celery-like, pickled petals...definitely not a scent I'd wear as perfume-this may be more for purpose though. I want to swap this because the scent on me is just so bad, but I might give it another test for efficacy. I think there are other lucky oils in the TAL section that I prefer for effect and scent to this.

Emoticon rating: :P

I love this scent. I have yet to be so completely smitten.

Its a beautiful light scent, uplifting and kind.

I want a 10ml of this and I've just realized how nicely it would layer..

I can't pick out notes but only have this to say...THIS SMELLS INCREDIBLE. I must buy a bottle asap. I don't know what it is. I smell flowers and sunshine and warmth and happiness.

I was pleased to get this frimp from the Lab, along with my Eight of Cups Misfortune card. The two gifts taken together seem to be "So, you've had shitty luck - scent yourself up with this and walk away". Sorta like leaving a trail of dust, whistling a happy tune, soaring with the eagles, and limbering up themiddle finger ...

Obviously the intent of fostering happiness works. However, the scent itself is redolent of celery on me.

With the Voodoo oils, you either begin to associate a strange odor with good works or conclude the oil is not for you.

Glad I now has me some Hanna.

Has No Hanna-

In Bottle: A smell that I think of as "perfumey"--floral and rich and cloying.

Wet: At first a sour note, then something woody. Spice...the scent of burnt plastic, too.

Dry: Put simply, this plus me equals not a fan. It smells like perfume gone off. I'd like to know what goes into this so that I can figure out what that sour/plastic/off thing that works badly with my chemistry is. I'm having to wash this off and it's only been 15 minutes.

Overall: Not good for me.