Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

Ok! I was expecting peachy-gingery stuff like most people have said.

What'd I get?

BANANAS. :D

With a little jasmine and a little smoke and the teensiest bit of sunscreen. :D

And I like it together, oddly. It's not too bad. I'm not sure this'll be a perfume scent per se, but maybe it'll work for luck? And if not, it'd make a lovely summer room scent. I think it would go nicely at a BBQ. :P Edited by Shollin

I, too, get bananas.

Someone asked about thsi imp on the lush forum, and I had gotten it as a frimp so I dug it out to try it. I put some on before coming to the site, and decided it smelled like spicy bananas to my nose.

Now that I've read the other descriptions I can pick up a hint of ginger (that's the spicy) and a bit of jasmine. The bananas are still there.

Weird that I've read 3 pages of reviews and only 1 other person so far gets bananas :P

In the bottle: A bit floral, with a citrus background.

Wet: Fresh & fruity.

Later: Zesty with a darker background - quite nice. No idea if it made me have a good day or not! - 7/10

Starts as a pretty floral! Hmmmmn, it actually continues being a pretty floral... I don't know the particular flower, but I like it.

Going through some of the new imps and fighting the urge to slather on lots of Purple Phoenix again:

I think that will be my imp of the day.

Wet: Mmmm. This is sweet. And I can kinda sorta smell the notes I was given to expect by the writeup, but they're so nicely blended I can't really pick them up. If this maintains this way, it goes in the "keepers".

Dry-Down: Hm. I had heard of fragrances turning soapy on the wearer. I think I'm experiencing that now. It's not bad, but I am definitely brought to mind with soap.

Throw: I have a hard time picking out throw because my sense of smell is so diminished by allergies and the like.

Oh, and this one seems to be another voodoo blend. I seem to gravitate straight for those before I even realize they are voodoo blends.

Later: It seemed to fade away to nothing by lunchtime. But I had some running around to do at lunch. The fragrance rallied in the Atlanta heat and I was surrounded by spicy loveliness all afternoon. And no soapiness!

Keeper!

In the imp: violets and a bit of spice.

Wet on me: TONS of violets. Ack.

After a few minutes: Violets and sweat. My spirits, they are not lifted!

Drydown: Ahh, here we go. Still violets, but more tolerable. I'm not a fan of strong violets, but I find I actually *like* the smell of this now, even though I can't pick out anything else but violets.

It's worth adding that when I applied this I was stressing out over my exams and my thesis, which is due in a few days, and I feel a lot better now. Hooray!

ETA: After a while, I do get some spiciness from this: I'm reminded of the violet and clove combo in Lush's Skinny Dip shower gel (another weird scent that grows on you!)

ETA2: And as for the rush of good luck, well, my Singing Moon t-shirt arrived just now and it's gooorrrgeous :P

Edited by Baitu

This is a use review rather than a scent review, but I find Has No Hanna to be a fairly heavy floral, maybe jasmine, with a strong throw and good staying power. It is a little too floral for me as a pefume, but that isn't what I got it for.

As for use, IT WORKS!! I recently had a situation where my property was required to pass a review by a county official. After putting a lot of work into getting ready I knew that if the official looked at one small section of the property I was toast, despite the rest being above the requirement. The night before the official was due to inspect I did a ritual aimed at directing the official's attention away from the one place which would not pass muster. I used Has No Hanna to annoint the candle and the cord I used for the spell. The next day I waited nervously, but nobody showed up. When we called to check, the official said that the property had passed! Apparently he chose to just drive by and look without even knocking at the door!! I am very happy with this blend, and will plan to keep some on hand for when I need a little extra luck.

Am I the only one getting a watery scent here? This smells very much like Lady of Shallott to me. Lots of florals, but also lots of aquatic notes. I like it a lot. A lot more than I thought I would.

I wore it for an interview today for the good luck factor... but I don't think I got the job. :P

In the imp Has No Hanna is a gloriously astringent floral. Once on my skin it softens into a jasmine/rose/violet less assertive floral.

It starts to go a little powdery on me, but I do like it. It still isn't the perfect jasmine I've been searching for. Sigh. Maybe I just have to face facts, I thought my perfect bpal would have jasmine in it, but maybe not.

I'll update my review after an all day wear.

I do like this scent. To me, it's all jasmine...straight up with no chaser. I like jasmine, and I recommend this one if you are a jasmine fan. It is strong and has great staying power so it is best used sparingly! If you hate floral notes or jasmine or ylang ylang, then you might want to avoid Has No Hanna. Did it lift my mood, yes, however I wasn''t in a "down" mood when I tried it. I like this one better than Follow Me Boy, which turns powdery on me. Has No Hanna did not turn powdery . It is more similar to New Orleans, but as I said, this one seems to be all jasmine.

IN THE IMP: Astringent florals, with a hint of fruits in the background? And sweet. It kind of reminds me of Eos, so there must be either honeysuckle or jasmine in here.

WET: Gets a bit fruity. And a lot of honeysuckle.

DRY: Actually, all honeysuckle. Sweet and pretty, but I'm not sure if it's worth keeping.

In the Bottle: Spicey roses

On Me: I love this blend. It's one of the few rose blends that I just adore. Seems to have notes of jasmine, sweet pea and some spice. As it dries down, instead of being a very warm scent, it almost seems a bit wet to me. This one does lift the spirits. I like it alot

In the bottle:Smells strongly of... raw snap beans? Strange. I think it must have some note in common with Hi'iaka, which also smells like snap beans.

On me:Continues to smell like snap beans, but now with a very bitter scent under it. It almost smells like there's kerosene in the mix. :P As it dries, it starts to smell more floral, but still very bitter and unpleasant. It's very strong, and I don't have to lean too close to smell it. I don't know if it will eventually calm down and stop smelling bitter, but even if it does I don't think the leadup is worth it.

In imp: Smells florally, herbally, and happy-ish. A bit refreshing, a bit cloying.

On skin: WHOA FLORAL! :P Yikes, strong! Lily? Jasmine? Ylang-ylang?

A few minutes later: Ok, this is NOT going to work, no matter how much I'd love to have the good vibes. I think it's the jasmine (?) that's amped to high heaven on me, and I think I can smell some ylang-ylang in there too, which for some reason I can't stand. (I've avoided a lot of blends because they have the ylang in them) I will say it's a very "round" scent, very "smooth", but no good for me.

OK, I've tried to keep it on for a while now, and no, not going to work. I think I'm going to have to wash it off. :D I hope it works for others!

in the imp: citrus, and- yes, bananas. :D

wet on skin: the banana becomes more pronounced, but it's soft, too, like the real fruit, not like circus peanuts.

dry down: the banana is still there, but i also catch some floral- perhaps lilac- making it's way into the mix.

in all: the point of magicked oils is for their purpose first, scent second. i haven't worn this oil long enough to know if it's going to bring me a rush of good luck (though that *would* be nice!) but it's sweet enough that i'd certainly be willing to give it more time to do it's thing. in short- it's strange and lovely!

:P

i wore this for one entire day. i figured it would help me with my shitty supervisor situation....not so much.

in the imp & wet it was a very pleasant almond smell.

as the day went on, i got the worst headache ever and instead of making me happy, it went so far south...and oh boy, was i crabby.

In the bottle – I have no idea what that is, kind of floral, kind of incensy, kind of sweet, my best guess at a note is some sort of lily, but I could be miles off

Wet on me – I still don’t know what this smells like, it’s kind of like banana, but with sharp floral overtones

Dry on me –A faint, powdery floral

Overall – As a scent it didn’t really work on me and it didn’t seem to have much impact on my mood or luck, but I suspect a day when I’m hormonal and over stretched is never going to be ideal

*wrinkles nose* NOT what I would wear as a perfume... it has that green yucky smell I don't like at all. BUT if it will bring me good luck, I'd say that's worth it. We shall see if anything good happens today.... :P

*opens imp*

Hmm... this reminds me of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo, which gave me a headache... it's not as strong, though, so maybe it won't be as bad?

*dabs on back of hand*

Oh yeah, definitely ACJM... sharp and icky. :D

*waits 20 minutes or so*

What is that smell? Huh... apparently, it's me. It's still got a sharpness to it, that I'm 95% sure is Ylang-ylang... but there's something else there smells like "dirt". And that's a GOOD thing for me. I know it's weird, but "dirt"=clean-smelling to me.

Maybe it's just because I got a good night's sleep last night, but I'm not as frustrated as I expected to be considering 2 of my 3 co-workers are out sick today, so I'm having to do their work as well as my own, my boss scheduled a meeting with me to discuss my attendance (which I know is more because of the fact that I was 2-3 minutes late every day last week than because of any actual "attendance" issues. *sigh*), my car is on its last legs (so to speak) and the brakes are making horrid noises, and my boyfriend's going to be gone for the next week. :D

So overall... I get the hint of dirt, which is nice, but there's the sharpness of the ylang-ylang, which I just don't think I can get past. I don't get any jasmine in this whatsoever, and my skin amps the tiniest bit of jasmine into a single note. :P

I had such high hopes when people were mentionin ginger-peach heavy on a vanilla-y richness.

It smells chemically and celery-ish to me in the bottle, not good. On wet it's better, changing to ginger-peach, with something almost milky or malty in the background (could that be a musk?) Ooooh, and something yeasty is going on too? Maybe it's more like ginger beer and peaches? It's almost coming off as ginger-marshmallow(the herb)-peaches. I thought I would like this more, but I definitely do not, as I was hoping for more prominent peaches. I aged it and it's still pretty unmixed and bizarre. Off to swaps.

Edited by modillian

In the imp this is a very astringent-y floral. Not terrible, but a bit sour. There are peach undertones to this that sweeten it up.

Ughhh, ok this has something in it that is just DOOM on my skin-total rubber tire smell. It may be honeysuckle...a weird rubber smell under a synthetic peachy floral smell. Gah...gonna give this some time to settle.

Nope, this is definitely stinky on me. Too stinky to wear even if it did cheer me up or bring me luck. Not sure exactly what notes are failing on me, but it's just kind of a mess. Will pass this on to someone who can hopefully make better use of it!

ETA: I am going to leave this on for a bit and see if anything good happens or my mood lifts. Right now I am just sleepy and want to take a nap instead of studying *le sigh* Will update if there is a change!

ETA: Hours later and still no change in mood. Newp, this blend totally did not work for me!

Edited by Suu4LC

This smelled like cough syrup in the vial, ick. :D

I decided to try it anyway, but just a teeny tiny dab on the wrist. BAM, instantaneous jasmine blooms swathed in spicy cinnamon. I like it! :P A little goes a long way with this scent, so I'm glad I didn't decide to apply how much I usually do. I'm hoping that this Voodoo Oil brings a rush of good luck today. I'm going to need it with how busy I am!

White white sharp florals... maybe Magnolias or as other said Jasmine. Underneath it I too get bananas.. but maybe it's banana leaves? To me.. it invokes the Garden District. Watery white beautiful flowers, and exotic plants with a bit of the thickness from fruits that you can smell a mile away because of the humidity. Spellbindingly gorgeous! There's a lot of layers in this beauty.

It's old and wise in its way. :P