Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

In the vial: Tangy like vetiver. But if that's vetiver, it's the best behaved version I think I've ever encountered! Also some floral, unidentifiable.

Wet: Sweet fleshy floral and white clover.

Half an hour: Wow, that's a hardcore clover scent, but there's another floral in there too. There's a strong impression of grass, too, like being in a huge field with a lot of clover. And there's something almost menthol about it, ethereal like lavender but with more of a lightly minty impression.

One hour: The other floral has taken over control from the clover. It's extremely pungent, probably jasmine, but not one of the ones that's good on me. This one has a very high-pitched note and is a little overwhelming on me. The base and middle notes are great, though, very deliciously clovery.

Three hours: The strong floral dominated the clover for hours, then finally died off leaving just the clover behind. I love the white clover note, so I'll keep this but save it for times when I really need it. That other floral is almost, but not quite, out of control on my skin.

I bought this as a good luck charm, to maybe bring me a lil good cause things have been pretty crap lately... I can not comment to its effectiveness on that front, but it *does* alleviate depression almost immediately on me, and I wasnt even expecting that... I didnt read the blurb when buying this.. "has no hanna" is all I needed to know... So I was suprised to read that "alleviate depression" part.

Its a super strong floral of the jasmine/ylang ylang variety but it doesnt seem to be overpoweringly gross like they can be when theyre really strong.

I dont know how to explain it... very nice.

Happy juice ;D

Imp: Blooming lilac and gardenia. Maybe jasmine, but I think it's maybe several florals making up something reminiscent. I really want to say lotus too, because "Has" (or "Hasu")= lotus, "No Hanna" means "___'s flower" in Japanese (a translation that makes more sense would be, "the lotus flower".) Something making everything a touch green and juicy, probably pear. I like it a lot! I'm having a lot of luck with BPAL florals, even though I tend to veer away from them in commercial perfumes.

Wet on Skin: Something slightly green-herbaceous peeks in, but it's not turning me off like it usually does. It's like the whiff of the stem as you snip that cutting from the lilac bush (tree? the lilac in my garden looks like a tree..)

Drydown: I'm going to keep the two frimps I got of this for sure, and will probably get a bottle sometime. It's a walk through the most fragrant treasured blossoms of a seasoned and reputable gardener. A faint breath of freshly turned loam grounding the big bouquet you've just accumulated. A lovely floral.

Frimp in one of my orders.

Without notes, I'm kind of flailing here because I'm still training my nose. So, forgive the rather generic description that follows . . .

In the vial, I get a soft, creamy floral. Maybe gardenia? If I smell deeply, there's a vague soapy note in the background. Wet, it's still a soft gardenia, but now there is something powdery emerging out of the oil. It's not an unpleasant powdery (ie, baby powder), just something soft and gentle. During the drydown, I get the dreaded pickle note but fortunately it lasted only a few minutes. Once dry, I'm left with a soft creamy floral with something "green" in the background.

This is nice! I'm not sure I'd buy a full bottle of this, as it's not something I would wear all the time, but it's pleasant. I cannot testify to its luck bringing abilities, as I did not test it out during a bad luck period. I was, however, feeling down and it did lift me up a bit.

Scratch n' sniff pickles!! That's what I got from Has No Hanna. At first it made me laugh, since it felt like such a silly smell, so I guess it lightened my mood. :) Then I went out into the world, and though I admit still feeling relatively at ease, I couldn't help but wonder if people would smell me and wonder, what in the world-- why does she smell like scratch n' sniff pickles????? It seemed to have throw like whoa, though no one mentioned it. Politeness? Ignorance? Unsure. Also not sure what is in there combining with the strong gardenia smell to create this craziness on me, but altogether it was weird and surprisingly long-lasting. The first oil I really was glad to wash off. :lol:

I'd try it again, but at an even smaller dose, and maybe not on any pulse points. See if that makes a difference, as I'm curious to see if I'll notice positive effects when I'm not busy noticing how weird I smell.

This is a great morpher.

In imp: smells floral like a nice herbal hair conditioner.

Wet: a can't pick out what flower this is and it's driving me nuts! I do like it though. Has a refreshing feeling (like washing your hair with a nice conditioner...) there's a bit of ginger spiciness and maybe a touch of gardenia and carnation? If given access to the labs single notes I'd be able to figure out this puzzle. there's a slight soapiness. Not in a bad way. Actually keeps it nice and refreshing.

Drydown: aaahh. I see. maybe geranium..touch of ginger? splash of violet? no.. maybe my nose is tricking me because of geranium. anyways.. it's really nice!

I got this imp as a freebie with my first order, and I have to say, I really like it! It's a very sweet, flowery smell that lasts forever on me (I still have some scent on me after 12 hours!). For some reason it makes me think of bright, sunny yellow. Not so sure about it's good-luck properties, but it definitely lifts my mood.

Smells strange to me. Kinda like an aquatic salad almost? With a hint of sour florals.

Really strange. The SO likes it, but I don't at all....

I could really use some good luck and happiness, so hears hoping this will help!! Scentwise, this is really heady at first, but something musky is lingering in the background. Whatever it is, I hope it comes out more, because the florals are *teensy* bit too much at the moment. Kind of magnolia/jasmine/honeysuckly variety. Time will tell if I keep the imp or not.

I saved my imp for a time when I really needed it, which was this morning. I was feeling very low. It's a soft scent on me, definitely floral with something slightly citrus like lemon peel. Jasmine hates me, so I don't think it's that. It could be magnolia, since that has a lemon quality of its own. Anyway, the drydown is even softer. I do feel better--no staggering luck just yet, but I feel "lighter" and people are being extra-nice to me without my asking. I plan to work with this oil more in future.

Imp: Magnolia, straight up. As I sniffed it I thought the previous sentence and then my brain started singing the Paula Abdul song. Things are weird already!

Wet: Magnolia and maybe some gardenia? Also a scent that reminds me of dill. But it's not dill. It's like a dill aftersniff. Definitely a little herbaceous, though. Then it reminds me of ketchup packages. But it's only very faint to the point where I could be making this scent up.

Dry: This is really pretty. A heady magnolia/gardenia combo that reminds me a lot of Scared Whore without some of the scarier/more biological aspects of the scent. It reminds me strongly of Hell's Belle. Now if it is a good luck charm than we're good to go.

Throw: Strong.

Overall: I think I'm going to do a few tests of the imp for day wear and see if it works as promised. The scent is definitely great--if the effects are half as good I'm sold.

I woke up this morning in the foulest possible mood. I grumped at my husband, I grumped at my cats, I grumped my way around the house and into the shower. I was too grumpy to make breakfast or coffee. Rain was pouring down outside and the morning was dark and all I wanted was to go back to bed and pull the covers up over my head and sleep til april.

Grump.

On my way out the door (grumpily) I spotted all the imps I'm testing and just let my hand hover over them, not really noticing which was which but not making any attempt to not notice either... and I picked up Has No Hanna. I remembered it was a voodoo oil but nothing else and even though the other voodoo oils I've tried so far have not really worked on my skin... I slathered it.

Green without being too green. Sweet without amping up to cloying. Interestingly, even though I put on way more than a dab (and reading so many cautions about it's strength), the throw was in no way overwhelming on me. It seemed golden on me, and maybe lightly musky. Whatever flowers are in there have been behaving themselves nicely. After a three hours it has faded to the barest green sweetness on my wrists. It's a sunny scent and is like a friend who wants to cheer you up but isn't obnoxious about it. It's not so gorgeous it'll become something I want to wear every day but it is nice.

I don't know what to say about efficacy other than the sun is out and the blackness of my mood seems to have evaporated.

I like it.

Creamy roses and white florals, maybe a touch of something aquatic and green, too. None of the reviews above mentioned rose, but I amp it like crazy if even the slightest tincture is in the mix.

Might have to add this one to the "want a bottle" list.

Opened the imp on a meh kinda night and instantly felt happier and at peace. Later on discovered a wonderful song so reminiscent of my childhood, definitely a future bottle contender! Also definitely some major rose action here. :wub2:

Rose! On my skin this is pretty much a pink rose scent with something green underneath it. I amp rose like nobody's business, this one is a no-go for me.

Edited ~ spelling fail.

Edited by Monday

Has No Hanna is all pink/white florals and delicate rose on me. It helps me feel calm and centred when I apply it directly to my main chakra points. It doesn't uplift me anywhere near as much as Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo does, but it definitely aids me in finding some inner peace. I feel very... rested... when I wear this. I also like to annoint candles with it sometimes for meditative purposes. A lovely blend.

As for the scent, this is very...southern smelling to me. There is a piercing white floral note. Other reviewers have alluded to white clover, and I think I'll take their word for it. There seems to be a strong green component to this note. I also smell gardenia and magnolia. Jasmine and honeysuckle might also be present. They blend so well with gardenia that it's often difficult for me to differentiate. Some reviewers mention rose, and now that they mention it, I'm pretty sure I smell rose. Some people have mentioned vetiver, but I'm absolutely certain there is no vetiver -- all of the sharpness comes from this other green note.

The oil is tinted orange, and I suspect dragon's blood is here. There is something of its sweetness and its power. There is also an aquatic quality that seems to get stronger as it wears, on my skin.

So in short, I'd say this is a strong, sweet white floral with strong green/aquatic aspects and a hint of dragon's blood. (Being a voodoo oil, there are likely other ingredients I'm not placing.)

As for the effect... I put this on before going to bed, and today I've had absolutely terrible luck in all possible ways. :-\ So that remains to be seen. I do find the scent uplifting, though, and it seems to have a nice short-term cheering effect.

Edited by naeelah

I love this scent! I decided to wear it again after not wearing it for a couple of years.

As far as the notes, I haven't a clue. It smells slightly like pickles to me. LOL! But whatever it is, I love it!

It has a calming and uplifting quality to it.

Oh holy crap, ROSE. If ANY bpal has ANY rose, even the barest tinge, my skin AMPS IT TIL IT'S SCREAMING HHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYU ROOOOOOOSSSSEEEESSSSSS OVER HERE ROSES YOU GUYS THIS CHICK SMELLS LIKE ROSESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

So that's all I'm getting here. Nothing else. But that's just my chemistry. And if it's expected, it's great, I heart my Peacock Queen like whoa. But when I was reading all these herby woowoo reviews... This kinda hit me like a Mack truck all decked out for the Tournament of Roses Parade.

Still, though. Not complaining. 'Specially now I know. And it is a lovely, fresh, green rose. Floating in a shallow dish of water, cut off very close to the head, at a nice, thick, juicy bit of the stem. We'll see about the luck. I could use it.

Nondescript musky florals overwhelmed by soapy rose. Long-lasting soapy rose that I must wash off. Sorry, despite the intent, this one is just not for me.:huh?:

Oh holy crap, ROSE. If ANY bpal has ANY rose, even the barest tinge, my skin AMPS IT TIL IT'S SCREAMING HHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYU ROOOOOOOSSSSEEEESSSSSS OVER HERE ROSES YOU GUYS THIS CHICK SMELLS LIKE ROSESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

So that's all I'm getting here. Nothing else. But that's just my chemistry. And if it's expected, it's great, I heart my Peacock Queen like whoa. But when I was reading all these herby woowoo reviews... This kinda hit me like a Mack truck all decked out for the Tournament of Roses Parade.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I got. At work. And I'm a guy. The throw is so strong that someone wondered what the deal was with the air freshener when she walked into the building. Um, sure, that's what it is. Air freshener. *headdesk*

Awkward.

Uh... I was just looking for some luck, not to smell like a whorehouse.

I'm also wondering what hanna is, and why I don't want any. Anybody know?

Edited by catalyst