Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

I decided to wear this one today because I've been having a bad week and I needed something to cheer me up. It's still morning so I cannot tell you how much luck I've had with this, but I can say the power of suggestion does work. Becuase I know this is supposed to bring me out of my depression, I feel more cheery and happy. Who knows if it's my mind or the blend :P

In the bottle this was very dry and tobaccoy. It reminded me of Wrath a bit. Once I put it on it became a lot more juicy. It smells a lot like Wrath. It has the red richness of dragon's blood, and the dry scent of tobacco and clove. As it dried, I could detect some white-ish florals in the background.

Now that I've worn it about an hour, it's gone tobacco soap on me...very odd. I don't much like this final product. I liked it more when it was juicy with dry tobacco.

I'll give it the day and see what the outcome is. If I get lucky this will be a keeper :D

wow it is a complicated one, very bitey, i think there is jasmine, it is very strong florally, i am hoping it works its good luck wonders seeing as the last 4 months have been pretty terrible :P

Has No Hanna was a gift from the lab, thanks guys! Another one I was worried wouldn't work because of the jasmine. It wasn't as bad as my experience with New Orleans, the jasmine is lighter and I did get a faint whiff of the herb that is in most Voodoo blends. But still, jasmine on me is stomach-turning so this one goes to the swap pile.

i didn't really get floral impressions from this one so much as a color memory. has no hanna smells like the color of my grandparent's old couch. it was a deep ambery yellow, soft and thin in places but patterened with tiny cracks to simulate real leather.

don't ask.

but that's what it reminds me of.

sadly, i can't wear it, because it gives me a headache. but i hadn't thought of that couch in ages...

My first encounter with Has No Hanna was not good. I thought it smelled like maple syrup and old grass clippings. But I was curious about its effects, so I kept the imp.

Anyway, I gave it a proper try today, and WOW! First off, the weird maple syrup smell has vanished, leaving something green and herbal behind. Plus there's a floral element that's very pleasant. (I don't know if it's jasmine, as jasmine is usually hideous on me.) But I feel relaxed and pretty and ready to handle this horrid paper that I've been trying to pretend isn't due on Saturday. Yay! :P

A nice swapper included this in a swap for me, and while I was appreciative, this fragrance is not for me. It did not do anything for my mood (which is usually fairly good- thankfully!), and the combination of different notes in it clashed. It is strong, with good throw. If you like this one, you are indeed fortunate 'cause a little goes a long way! All in all, I am still glad I tried it; you nevver know unless you do.

I totally and respectfully disagree with the above poster: this smells nothing like Wrath to me.

Imp sniff: A bit sour and odd.

Imp sniff after leaving the cap off for a short bit: Oh hm, that isn't bad at all.

Wet: Kind of floral

Drydown: It definitely gets better as it goes.

Impressions: Complicated. Neither light nor dark.

Voodoability: I'll wear a very little bit tomorrow, come back and make notations.

I'm a raging skeptic, but I have to say the day's going well - Storm Moon and Eggnog arrived (with lovely gifty imps of NeoTokyo and The Raven)

The one thing I was worried about did not come to pass.

Something cost less than I was expecting, yet perfectly balanced the one thing that cost more than I was expecting.

Pizza rolls were on sale at the grocery store, as was cat litter.

Either I'm easy to please, or this stuff's got a little something something. Regardless, I present it as information that may help or at best, amuse.

Cat verdict: Napping at present. I think the scent woke her up. That's what I call throw, folks. Come here cat, tell me what you think?

Well, now. She seems to like it after much sniffing. She's going after my Altoids tin and rubbed my hands a bit (I tested a dab on the back of my hand). Maybe kitty thinks she needs a bit of luck! :P (Or she could be hungry but she does react to BPAL, so I think its a valid observation.)

Verdict: I'm certainly grateful for the imp, anyway. The cat likes it.

*Note: This cat completely digs on Imp and Dragon's Blood, so I don't know what this says about her tastes.

Edited by pensive

Has No Hanna:

Wet: I detect some sort of watery florals..

Drydown: And then I smell something soapy. :P

Longterm wear: 2 hours later, I smell nothing at all. I tried this scent for smell only, and haven't tried it for its Voodoo properties. Perhaps another time.

Has no Hanna has a very similar smell in the bottle as on, for me: ylang ylang and jasmine, with a slight green undertone. It reminds me a lot of Eve without the rose and apple, but a touch sharper. Has no Hanna feels so simple and beautiful to me, and reminds me of the golden-white rays of the sun -- that simple, abundant, positive energy.

ETA: I found a "Has No Hanna" incense on another site, and it apparently contains "Gardenia, Rose, Tangerine, Yarrow, Marjoram, Melissa, Mint." I wonder how similar this oil is to that? Yarrow would give the "curry" smell one person reported noticing, and the gardenia might account for the prominent white floral most of us are noticing.

Edited by bodegaselkie

I smell mostly violets here, and it's very similar to Ingenue in that sense. A round, open floral scent. I don't particularly care for it but let's see what it can do!

hasnohanna.jpg

Lots of violets and a musk-like component (clean skin smell) make Has No Hanna a pretty fragrance in and of itself. But pretty isn't is main purpose, good luck and depression lifting is. I put on Has No Hanna and so far my computer disconnected itself from the internet, Carnaval Noir hasn't appeared yet on the Lab website and I was hoping it would be up by now, and I woke up and hour early out of anticipation. I also just got hit with a wave of depression 3 miles deep, but I did get over it, almost....I just sold a painting this afternoon! 5ml for this artist!

Edited by olympia301

Bottle (Imp): Citrus, not really a sweet one, and herbs.

Just On: The same thing with some sweetness added.

An hour or two later: I get a little sweetness, and some citrus.

Around 6 hours: There is the barest hint of citrus left on my skin, but only if I put my nose right up to my skin.

12 hours: This went totally away by now.

Overall: I like it well enough, but can't figure out what's in it. It smells just a bit like rock candy, but not so sweet, and a bit like something herby, but can't figure out what kind.

After reading other reviews: I got NO flowers out of this one. Too weird, as flowers generally amp up on me, and make me feel ill. I'll give this a try on Monday for luck and see if I get any results.

Origin - imp received in a swap

Wet - some sort of root that I have smelled somewhere before, galangal perhaps?

Dry - the root scent is joined by a touch of floral and something spicy, but it's still the predominant note. I've tried this twice now while being depressed and it really is helpful in terms of making me forget about my problems.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, I would rate this a 2 for the scent, but a 4 overall, including efficacy.

And this is yet another that I will probably get a big bottle of eventually.

this smelled like pickles on me. strongly. no floral, just this...pickly, strong, eye-watering, headache inducing, disgusting scent. I'm sad, I wanted to like this one lots.

Dark ylang ylang as a base. The cocoa from Intrigue, perhaps, in there too. And smoke. Definite smoke. I agree with VorpalBunny: it reminds me of curry. Same sort of sharpness. Drying herbs that are vaguely rotting, even.

Can't verify or disprove its Voodoo properties: can't say I was concentrating on that at the time.

Almost a single note jasmine on me. Or maybe that's honeysuckle? It's a simple, sweet floral anyway, with a pinch of some wood underlying. No peaches for me :P but my skin always eats fruit, so I'm not surprised. Okay enough as a scent.

More importantly, I feel slightly less overwhelmed about my upcoming exams. Still want to cry, but I don't feel quite so much like an avalanche of books has fallen on my head. Going to put on some more and go to sleep. Maybe it'll fix things in the night. Dove's Heart did that for me once.

Gardenia, gardenia, gardenia! That's the strongest note both in the bottle and wet on the skin. As it dries down, I can detect some jasmine as well, which has a bad track record with me.

Yup--sure enough, as soon it settles further, the jasmine turns the whole thing soapy. Sigh.

I sure would be interested in reaping some luck out of this one, but I'm not sure if I can get over that jasmine interference.

The floral I'm getting from this is that hawaiian one, pikaki? I can't think of the name. Anyway, I get floral.

It is strong and a little goes a long way! The first couple times I tried it, it went to soap after a while.

In the vial: Something sharp, maybe floral.

Wet: There's something *really* floral here. Not carnation I think, but I'm not good with floral notes. Violet maybe. At least it's not rose.

Drydown: Purely floral. I really wish I knew what this was because it's not terrible. Floral scents are not usually my thing but this one's kind of nice.

Dry: Almost four hours later and what I smell is hard to describe. Oddly enough -- laugh if you must -- this smells like a mix of chlroine and suntan lotion. Like stepping out of the pool in high summer. Maybe not what Beth was going for, but a good memory.

This is a very strong floral on me. It definitely smells like jasmine, and it's a watery jasmine. It's interesting that it manages to be watery and yet strong. I just put little dabs on and the smell is nearly overwhelming.

The scent is beautiful, and it's definitely a happy scent. It's a scent that sort of reminds me of the deep south- the heat, the strong and beautiful flowers, the lush atmosphere.

First impression: yuck, a sharp herbal smell and a bit salty/ greasy, that typical voodoo scent. I don’t think I can wear this, it makes me a bit nauseous. This smells of Maggi too, which gives it that salty herbal scent. Could there be ginger in this?

It reminds me a bit of Lucky #20, a scent also for good luck, and I can’t wear that either.

I know this is meant for it’s purpose, bringing luck, and it’s not meant as a perfume, but I feel rather unhappy when I have to smell this lol.

Dry: although that sharp smell has toned down a bit, I still can’t stand to smell this. It’s becoming more sweet but still with that salty herbal base, like there’s ylang ylang in this, or maybe jasmine, which are both scents that can make me sick.

Have to give this one up...

Vanilla and floral, warm and cheerful but not overly strong, this was a great light scent and surprisingly beneficial in terms of a bit of a good luck charm. i'm not sure I'd wear it as a perfume given that the scent was nice but not head-turning, but it really gave my day a positive kick (or at least gave my mood enough of one to turn my day around.)

I must say, I love this one!

I was so surprised too. I only got an imp of it because I wanted to try one of the VooDoo blends.

I actually don't like the smell of Has No Hanna in the bottle or on wet. It's very soapy and clean in bottle. So I was equally surprised when it dried down on me so well.

It's a sharp floral, not a sweet one. It reminds me of breezy summer days for some reason. It just seems so me. I can't explain it.

As for the VooDoo. Well I did test it out on a day I went to eat lunch with my Grandmother and afterwards she offered to take me shopping for something. So that was a surprise! Whether or not it had anything to do with the perfume oil or not, I don't know. But hey, who knows.

I've just ordered a 5ml. I'm getting it for the scent but if more good luck comes along, I'll certainly take it.

I like Has No Hanna as it is a very comforting scent to me - I have no idea what is in it and nor do I really care because it does uplift me if I am feeling a bit down in the dumps (which at the moment is quite a bit).

A lovely, strong floral. For me, this one smells like lilac and jasmine, maybe with a hint of lavender or roses. I didn't get any fruitiness from it, just pure, unadulterated florals. It's a beautiful, clean, girly scent, and I really like it, I will certainly enjoy using my imp up!