Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Voleuse

Snow Angel

Cherubic spun sugar with a hint of lemon, sparkling peach, and floral tea.

lemons? peaches? booze? snow? where are y'all finding these lovely notes?
*flips imp around and around looking to see where they're hiding*

i get... pine. sweet pine, but pine. and maaaaaybe if i use my imagination, lemon blossom.

In the imp: A very light, citrusy sweet tea scent. Its like sitting on a porch on a hot summer day with a glass of sweetened lemon tea.

On the skin: Wow! I am getting the same soft floraly (in a good way) pine scent that is in Snow Moon, except it is mixed with sugar, lemons, and tea. The scent evokes beauty and warmth of summer and the coldness of winter all in one scent. This is a very light scent on me but it so far is utterly beautiful.

On drydown: I am still getting wafts of pine and cold cold snow. I barely smell the lemon anymore but I still get the sweet tea scent. There is still no signs of Miss Peach anywhere. But that is ok, this scent is absolutely beautiful. It is softness, light, warmth and cold all wrapped up in one.

Snow Angel-

In Bottle: Sugar with a touch of orange-citrus.

Wet: Candle-sweet. Spicy-orangey though not at all clove-like.

Dry: This is SO good. It's powdery and warm and lightly orange-sugary and delicious! (It's funny how a lot of "ice" or "snow" scents come off as warm scents to me!) I keep sniffing at my wrists to get the yummy scent and that's always the giveaway as to how much I love a scent.

Overall: I love.

This is absolutely gorgeous. It smells very chilly and snowy, and I also can pick out the lemon and tea. No peach, which I would have loved, but that's ok.

If this ever made a reappearance, I would absolutely get a bottle. But for now, I will treasure my imp from the lovely darkling.

I am getting some very unusual variations from this.

It smelled the same in the bottle and on me for long hours.

Like a little snowy cherub and faint violets. I love it. It does indeed smell like snow with something soft, ethereal, and bright added to it. I am getting a slight apple underneath that gets stronger the longer I wear it. It's not a crisp sharp apple, but a smooth, soft gentle apple, I forget which kinds taste like this smells. Not a red apple. But a yellowish one. It has that nice powdered sugar and maybe the lemon in it is what makes it smell like snow? It does not smell like lemon to me. And the peach I think is what is smelling more like a smooth, unubtrusive apple.

Of course only after falling in love with this scent do I realize it's not currently available.

TMI Portion of the review: I would sell my virginity for more of this scent. it's jumped to Second in my top ten, displacing Stardust to sit one below La Fee Verte...

gently sweet, not teeth-singing sugary like Midway, it hugs close to the skin and is soft and peachy-light. I smell a leeetle bit of the tea making this clearer and preventing it from becoming sickening. I am so lucky to have a full 5mL, and I hope something similar comes out as a GC. I'd buy it all up in a trice.

Edited by myoubi

Oooh, now this is pretty! I get a grown-up floral baby powder. It's definitely sweet, which I suppose is the sugar. I'm not really getting peach or lemon at all! It sort of reminds me of a slightly richer/spicier EBM, which doesn't really make sense from the notes but oh well.

Thanks to Delphinine :P I finally got a chance to try this lusted after smellie! After all the build up, and wishing, I find it is unremarkable on my skin. It's Like my Snow Bunny minus the Pine, and even at times echos Snow maiden on me. But, I like my Snow Bunny and Snow Maiden better. I get zero peach or tea on me. So, no more pining and wishing away. You Snow Angel hoarders can have her! :D

Check one off my wishlist!

I got almost the exact same experience as growwild did - I had been lusting after this particular LE, but, sadly, it let me down.

It's not an unpleasant scent - the wet stage is a dead ringer for the wet stage of Snow Maiden and the dry stage is like fizzy ginger ale, with maybe a touch of peach. That means it started off like household cleaner and ended up utterly unremarkable :P

Swapped for Lump of Coal, yay!

sparkling peach, lemon, with a splash of sugar. the citrus makes this a heady blend for me, but it's sweet enough that i like it. citrus usually plays havoc on my skin, it's nice to find something simple that works.

too bad it's not made anymore. just my luck.

Like little_galaxie said, it's completely unremarkable. Sparkling white grape juice with peach in the imp, but once it's on me, it's like tonic water: bubbly but void of anything interesting.

I can't believe I didn't review this before I sent it out. I had exactly the same experience of it that TrailerTrashPrincess did (possibly because it was the same decant?), which was sweet pine with maybe some very faint sweet floral underneath. Sadly, anything with "Snow" in the name tends to do that... except Snow-Flakes!

ETA: After having had the experience of sniffing Snow Bunny this year, I was immediately struck by the similarity to Snow Angel, and I think the decant I got may have been a mislabelled decant of Snow Bunny.

Edited by cordia

To me, Snow Angel is the most delightful, sparkling lemon tea fragrance I have yet to try. It kicks CSP Ecume de The's butt! On me this is sweet, but not TOO sugary, lemony, with a hint of winter sparkle. Now, to get my hands on more than an imp! :P

Snow Angel reminds me of a cookie I make every Christmas. It is a lemon cookie in a crescent shape and sprinkled with powdered sugar. The cookie smells exactly like Snow Angel-delicate lemon with a light sprinkle of sugar. I don't detect any peach at all, which is good as peach is not a favorite of mine. It lasted quite a long time on me too and I believe that it is a perfect scent for summer-light and refreshing. :P

:P :D :D I'm in love!

Snow Angel is very true to its description. I can smell the creamy sweetness with a hint of fruity in the best way possible. The lemon and peach were stronger and a bit sharper when I first put this on, but now they've faded a bit and mellowed to round out the smooth creamy sweetness. The lemon did not go pledgey on me at all, which is nice. I really wish this weren't so rare so I could get a bottle.

This scent tricked me at first, because it smelled exactly like the wintry Salon scents (Cloister Graveyard and/or Death of the Gravedigger). When I read the notes for Snow Angel I thought, 'Huh? This can't be right.....'. Then, as it warmed up on my skin, the sugary fruity notes did come out, and it started to make more sense.

So, at first, it was a frosty sort of piney scent, then later the sugar and fruits became stronger. It's not minty, really....so I'm not sure where the chill is coming from. It lasted a long time with a decent amount of throw. Even though this does work well on my skin, it's not something I would choose to wear a whole lot. I like the aforementioned Salon scents and would tend to wear either one of those before wearing this.

Oooh, this one is just gorgeous!

This reminds me very much of my Snow Bunny, but it is sweeter and fruitier, without as much of the pine coming through. I really don't get any of the peach, which I am glad of, since I am not a huge peach fan, and the lemon is very well tamed and does not amp like it tends to on me sometimes.... This is a very bright, happy, clean scent, with the tea ever so slightly shining through and rounding out the sweetness.

Incredible loveliness! :P

780982969_2VUa4-Ti.jpg

A wonderful forumite sent me a sniffie as a frimp in an auction I won from her, with just enough in it to test this blend -- thanks, Mystery213!

OK, I've been wanting this blend for-practically-ever, because the notes just sounded so wonderful: peach! sugar! But...I obviously suffered from self-induced illiteracy as well as delusional amnesia, because when I tested Snow Angel, all I got was lemon. And not just 'lemon,' but LEMON. Yes, it deserved all caps, because it was ugly to me! Lemon smacked me upside the head and was just plain ugly to me!

I am so sad. Je suis desolée.

Final Verdict: 0 out of 5 stars.

Edited by stellans

Both in the bottle and on my skin, this is all sugar-coated lemons. They are light and sweet and crusted with sugar crystals. It's very uplifting and bright. If you like this, try Sugar Skull!

lemony tea ... with maybe some cream in it. It's a really soft scent though, not a ton of throw and not particularly aggressive. Pretty amgelic and delicate since the lemony bit it not sharp or tangy, it's more soft than i expected.

In bottle: It's lighter than the 'snow' scents I'm used to. It still has that touch of pine to it, but it's sweet. The lemon and sugar are in there, and even that bland, astringent quality I associate with tea in perfumes. It's nice.

On me: The sugar sours big time, the pine gets lost under it, and there is NO lemon to be found. This is a yuck blend on me, sadly.

this was sent to me as a sniffie, but i'm feeling determined to make it work!

in the imp: EXACTLY like the Lemon Merangue strawberry shortcake doll i had as a kid! lemony-sweet, but totally scratch n sniff style.

wet on skin: the lemon backs off and a faint floral emerges. it reminds me of dish soap. :D

dry down: more of the same- slightly soap, slightly sweet, not real. :P

in all: glad i got the sniffie, but it's not for me. ::sigh::

Thanks to the lovely Peaches, I have a partial bottle of Snow Angel. Love to you Peaches, and love to this beautiful scent. It's pretty. It's a lot like Snow Bunny, but lighter and sweeter. Not much more to say except I would buy tons of this if it ever comes back. :P

Oh man, this was sugary lemony fruits and PINE. It's got this fizzy fruity citrus thing going on over this base of piney resin. As it dried down, the pine dropped off and now it's just sugary sweet fruits.

Too sweet for me.

:P

Peach tea, a hint of citrus and florals. I was gifted a sniffy and immediately began my hunt for a bottle. I am happy to say I tracked down a partial which I love and pet and call George.