Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Voleuse

Snow Angel

Cherubic spun sugar with a hint of lemon, sparkling peach, and floral tea.

In the bottle: This is strongly reminiscent of Sugar Skull, but a little sharper. I can smell the lemon. It tickles my nose, a little bit.

Wet: On first application, this is a fresh lemon slice, dusted with granulated sugar. Sweet and sour and juicy.

Dry: As this dries, the scent becomes sweeter, and the citrus gets a little less sharp. The influence of the peach, maybe? There's also a hint of florals as well, although it's faint enough that I can't distinguish what blossoms were used. After a while, it all melds into a lovely tea-like scent. Not like tea, exactly, but it's like a sun-bright room where tea has recently been.

In Conclusion: Sweet and bright and lovely. Definitely a keeper.

ETA: Forgot to mention--the bottle art is adorable. Hee!

In the bottle:Sweet lemony flowers

Wet:Lemons edged with sugar. The tea starts to come out.

Dry: Snow Angel dries to a light sweetness, tempered by the floral tea and slight sourness of the lemon. I personally can't detect any of the peach. Overall, a sugared lemon tea smell.

This is a very bright scent. It makes me think of sun glancing off of snow. It's sweet without being syrupy, and floral without being overwhelming. This is what I first imagined Snow Bunny would smell like, and the Naughty/Nice blend I was most hoping to get. It does not disappoint; seriously, it's one of my absolute favorites.

Edited by blueroses

In the bottle: Lemony-orange citrus fruit doused with sugar

On my skin:: Powdery, almost like snow as opposed to baby powder. Strong, sweet peach.

Drydown: The peach definitely glistens and the powdered snow note remains. The sweetness fades a bit to make room for the faint smell of tea.

Overall, this is a light, sweet scent with medium throw. The more I sniff it, the more I love it!

The only other perfumes I can think to compare Snow Angel to are Ava-Luxe's The Blanc and Fresh's Lemon Sugar, but Snow Angel blows both of them out of the water.

Sparkling and effervescent without aid of any alcoholic note, Snow Angel does indeed smell like sugared lemon--actually, more like sweet, idealized lemon, for although there is a very slight tartness, it doesn't smack of lemonade at all. There is a soft, light floral element and a refreshing tea note that provides the foundation of the blend.

To sum it up--sparkling lemon-sugar floral tea sprinkled with flower petals. Lovely!

:: Does a snoopy dance in honour of getting her inquisition order before christmas::

Well I am surprised I like this so much. Normally Lemon gives me a bit of a headache, which really ruined Cordelia for me, but Snow Angel is so sweet I thought it was just a tangy mandarin smell. I didn't even get a tiny headache, I am so pleased with this scent.

In the bottle it's much like a sweet spicy orange, it smelled a bit bubbly as well.

Mmm. When I applied it the tea shone through for a moment or two and then, Bam, I got the sugared lemons everyone's talking about. After about 10-15 min. the lemon smooths into a powdery fruit, that I suppose is peach? It's still spicy and sweet all throughout, and the powder doesn't bother me at all, which is again, very surprising. This is very apt for Yuletime.

I give it 4/5... really I might give it a 5/5 on the Zizi scale of "omg ThankYou" but I need some time with it before I set my mind.

Really, really, delightful! :P

While this scent is very pretty, it's also very not "me". I prefer warm, spicy foody scents, blends with vanilla, and I adore blends with any type of sugary note. However, the lemon, peach, and floral teas turn to soap on my skin!

This goes the way of Alice, White Rabbit, and Dorian on me... pleasant in the bottle, and increasingly soapy (with a hint of lemon pledge) as it dries. While I smell like I've recetly taken a shower with some very nice soap, I prefer to smell like I've just finished baking.

Sadly, this goes to the swap pile. Someone with different skin chemistry will love this, I'm sure!

Oh hell yes! Snow Angel rocks all kinds of ass. Citrusy tea scents? Have died and gone to heaven. Initally I get a sharp lemony scent that is simply wonderful, then the tea comes out to play with a hint of orange. The citrus smells almost a little boozy as I am wearing it. I keep sniffing my wrist and am going to wander around making people smell me. Seriously, am very happy that I have been deemed this Nice!

Rating (out of 5)

The lab decreed me Nice and Snow Angel was my bottle of oil. From the get-go, I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't get Snow Angel because sugar and lemons do NOT get along with my skin at all. Sugar Skull smelled like burning plastic and all the scents with lemon smelled like lemon Pledge.

So I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and found Snow Angel, but I tried it anyway.

In the bottle it's sugar-coated lemons. And on the skin it's the same thing. It doesn't go plastic or pledge on me, but it's a scent I'll never wear. It's too something that I can't really put my finger on, but I know does not agree with my skin. :/

However, if someone out there looooves Sugar Skull and lemons, this scent is definitely for them.

BPTPSnowAngel.jpg

In the bottle

Almost spicy with the tea, the lemon wraps itself all around everything, and even thought he sugar is light it adds alot to this blend.

On

Once it's on it smells so much better on my skin. Like a light sweet icey lemon italian ice. :P

30 minutes

Doesn't change much except it does amp up on my skin. Now it smells of spicy lemonade.

Throw:

a bit yes

Scent category:

Citrus/Spicy/Foody

Summary

This is one of those blends that if I smell one way it's almost too something but if I keep in mind the ingredients, it's lovely.

Purchase again?

Yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Snow Angel was my first choice and I got it! I love this dainty scent!! It's like a fizzy lemon drink that has been sweetened with sugar and has a faint powderishness to it. It's really fun and girlie and will be just fantastic as a summer scent!

I can't comment on the throw as I've only had it on my wrists, but it does last even with the small amount that I put on.

Beth does such a magical job at bottling moods...this could have easily had the name Gaiety or Frolic!

Snow Angel is what I wanted Snow Bunny to be on me. It's sort of like taking Ice Queen and Skadi from last year, throwing them into a blender, adding some florals and a light dusting of snow and hitting PUREE.

Light, fresh, a touch lemony and a touch of tea and a touch of sugar and some peach. It's elegant and understated but the juciness of the peach lends it some fun.

I think this may be Dorian's sister. She's the one that orchestrates him getting into the tea room to F*** you six ways from Sunday, smiles sweetly on the way out and knows you just had a good time. It reminds me very much of the novel Fingersmith for some reason.

It's sexy in a nice girl sort of way but it's just so damned lovely. One of my absolute favorites

Snow Angel At first floral fabric softener, then light and a little fruity (maybe pear?) then a sort of creamy smooth light almost floral, similar to how Cold Moon is on me, but I know I'm one of Cold Moon's most ardent fans. At points I liked Snow Angel and at points I didn't. The end drydown was quite pretty though.

Mmm - delicious delicious delicious. Snow Angel starts off lightly lemony, and quickly becomes sweet peach tea (the lovely iced stuff in cartons). Later the florals flutter through just a little. It's nicest once it's dry, since the wet stage is a little bit pow!-sharp!-sweet!.

This would be a great, refreshing day scent in the summer - it's fizzy and girly but not in any way over the top.

For those wanting comparisons, I would say, in order of closest match: Severin, Bathed & Infused Sake, Titania, and Dorian.

at first: sweet and bubbly.

on: wow. definitely sweet and sparkly. i can catch the lemon, too, and a slightly bitter tea note. very lovely and pleasant.

half an hour later: this is so effervescent! it's amazing.

1.5 hours later: still fizzy. lovely. it isn't as sweet.

2 hours later: light and pretty.

overall: i'm very glad that this doesn't go sicky sweet on me. a wonderful scent.

Preconceived notions:

None of the Nice scents really appealed to me, although Mitzvah sounded nice enough, but I had to make a Nice plea for the shirt. Snow Angel, though, is the middle choice of the three for me...I think I'll like it more than Fee but less than Mitzvah. I hate lemon, so I'm not seeing myself liking this, but we'll see.

First sniff:

Smells like lemondrops...like lemons and a generous helping of sugar. Very much a good girl scent and very much not me. :P

Wet on skin:

This actually isn't bad even if it's not something I'd normally wear. It's dead on lemondrops. Sweet, fruity, girly and innocent.

Dry down:

You guessed it: lemondrops. This is an extremely stable scent on me and I actually rather like it although I don't think I'd really ever wear this.

The bottom line:

This will be getting swapped for Mitzvah since I won't actually wear it enough to warrant keeping it.

My Nice bottle leaked in transit and the label was subsequently smudged to the point where I couldn't read the name of the oil, so I've been watching the Nice reviews to see if I could make a match...and I think what I have is Snow Angel...because it has a strong lemon note.

This smells just like lemon drops, as Penance mentions above. It reminds me of that line from Over the Rainbow: Where troubles melt like lemon drops... It's sparkly and sweet as if it's been rolled in granulated sugar. And very bright and cheerful---wearing it is like wearing a spot of sunlight. If I really focus, I can smell the peach and tea notes, but they are subdued and seamless. This doesn't smell like any other tea blend I've tried from the Lab.

Were this a catalog blend, I would buy a 10ml immediately. It's just so pretty. As it is, I'll cherish what's left of my bottle and enjoy every last drop!

Skin chemistry is such a funny thing! I don't get lemon or anything citrusy out of Snow Angel at all! :D

In the bottle, Snow Angel reminds me of a sweeter, fruity version of Skadi. Those "slushy" notes appear to be present, and I detect a healthy helping of pine. There is some fruit in the background, but it is not citrus fruit. Must be the peaches.

Wet, on my skin, it does indeed smell like Skadi's sweet little sister. And Skadi is one of my Top 5 all-time favorite BPAL scents! But after a few minutes it starts to change and the piney-ness totally disappears. It turns vaguely floral, with sweet tea and peaches. At this stage, it kind of reminds me of a cross between Dirty and Dorian with peaches thrown into the mix.

On drydown, I smell mostly tea and peaches, but it gets a lot sweeter. And a bit of the slushiness of Skadi comes back. I love it! :P

It has been difficult for me to describe the naughty/nice blends because they are just all so wonderful. They are some of the best fragrances that I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. I want to hoard bottles of Lump of Coal and Fee, and now I’m also in love with Snow Angel.

I really wanted a bottle of Snow Angel because I imagined that it would smell a lot like Fresh’s Lemon Sugar fragrance (fizzy sweet lemons, which I love). It smells exactly like Lemon Sugar in the bottle, and is also rather similar on my skin. Similar, but a lot better. It is sweeter and stronger, and slightly boozy, but not in a chemical/sickening way. A sweet, fizzy sort of boozy lemon.

This is definitely a very effervescent blend, bright and bubbly. I normally don’t like citrus because it is too sharp on me, but this is very smooth and sweet lemon. I think that the peach and floral tea in the background help to keep this one grounded.

I'm so glad to have a bottle of this one.

Ooh, this is delicious!

I barely smell the lemon in this - it's there on application only. However, wet and dry, this smells mostly like the most delicious sugared tea. It's a bit like Dorian, but without the strong musks and vanilla. As it dries, I smell a hint of peach in the background. I love this!

Ok, I love Northernminx's review and can't top it, but I'll add my two cents! :D

Because I was thinking "lemon", I was surprised at how sweet Snow Angel is on me. It's all peach and sugar with a hint of woods and Beth's snow note (although that's not listed). I can understand calling this Skadi meets Dorian...er, on the couch in the tea-room, no doubt! :P Snow Angel does "sparkle," like a winter version of Titania with peach instead of pear. I can't pick out any particular florals (a breath of sunflower, perhaps? something bright and happy), but the faint hint of tea is really nice.

Yep, Skadi does Dorian. I like it, I do.

Woooooooooo!!! :D

In bottle: Light tea-time fruits, a bit of herbalness.

Application: Peach/lemon tea with a dollop of whipped sugar!

Dry: Straight peach/lemon tea...the vanilla sugary-ness has dissipated to being far in the background.

I WANT MORE!! This is serious Midway-level :D :P

A very strong floral tea with some lemony-sharpness. It's lovely, but I'm not a tea person, so I gave it to my mother, who's enamoured of it.

This smells like sugared lemons with a fruity non-citrus undertone. The tea and flowers come out after a few minutes, and it stays a sweetened lemon and tea scent with light flowers in the background.

What can I say ... Love it ... Love it .... Love it :D

This has to be my absolute favourite so far - beautiful lemons to start with - clean, fresh, slightly sharp ... and later fades to slightly sweeter lemon with honey almost

Throw is great at the beginning, and it lasts for ages

Oh, I'm soooooo glad I'm nice :P

I NEED MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!