Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Voleuse

Snow Angel

Cherubic spun sugar with a hint of lemon, sparkling peach, and floral tea.

In the bottle: Virtually colourless oil. Sweet, cold, wintry pine or evergreen, hint of lemon. Definitely picking up on the lab's snow note and the piney note most strongly.

Wet: Sweet, smoother, less cold and piney. The tea note immediately emerges, melding with the pine in a pleasant manner. I think there is juniper in this, too, I'm getting a gin like feel. Lemon is gone.

Dry: Okay, the pine is amping up again. It's definitely multiple evergreens, I'd guess pine, fir and juniper. But that snow note is gone, and this while very woodsy, this is not a cold scent. The sugar note is distinct, and has a hot edge, like spun sugar. Faint, feminine florals.

Later: Peach, hello! You've been hiding, probably underneath the sugar, but you're here now, fruity and sweet and true. Not really sparkling, but a lovely note. The sugar has taken a bit of a vanilla tone, which I don't like - it's a bit fakely sweet. There's something plastic here. Evergreens and tea hold, flowers still barely detectable.

Summary: Quite a morpher, but it settles down into woodsy pine and earthy/mossy juniper with smooth tea, over sweet sugared peaches and light musk, with very faint flowers. It's the most feminine woodsy scent I've tried, and uniquely and harmoniously blends some otherwise rather disparate notes. Good throw and lasting power.

It's too heavy on the pine of me, and the super sugary and plastic stages aren't fun, but the drydown is overall quite pleasant, as the juniper takes on an earthy, almost mossy tone and mingles with some musk. I really wish I got more flowers and less pine, then this would be LOVE. Alas, it's off to swaps.

Though far to unique to be closely similar to anything else, this blend has elements reminiscent of: Snow Bunny, Snow White, Fae, The Apothecary, Fairy Market, Dorian, Feé, Theodosius and Golden Wave (especially in drydown). Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

This is one of the lab's HOLY CRAP WOW scents.

Snow, tea, and citrus in equal and utterly scrumptious measure. I can't describe it any better than any of the previous reviews! Snow Angel is what I hoped Snow Bunny would be. I have to track down more.

In the bottle: Sweet, fruity pine

Wet On Skin: Snow covered pine, lemon, tea

Drydown: turns to a powdery (but not in a bad way) lemon pine.

I didn't get any peach from this....and from sniffing bottle to applying on skin, the pine note stays with me even though pine is not listed as a note on the scent description.

VERY happy to have finally tried this lovely scent. :P

Feminine, sweet, wintery.

Snow Angel is beautiful.

It is the closest thing to Skadi that I've yet found. That is high praise from me!

Snow Angel starts with sweet pine and lemon and dries to the best peachy sugared tea I ever drank in my life. It gives me joy every time I put it on even if it stays true for 20 minutes. It has snow, fruits and sugar, it`s sweet, fresh and cold at the same time.

Snow Angel is a beautifully sweet scent. I don't pick up pine but I do get fresh lemon, snow and lots of sugared peach tea. However, I found out the hard way that this is NOT a slathering scent. After five minutes in a closed car, I thought I was going to die. The sweet was overpowering. When it is lightly dabbed, it is gorgeous and playful. Too much is horrifying.

This smells SO good in the bottle. Just like what the notes sound like, sweet spun sugar with hints of lemon and peach sugar candies. SO beautiful!

Just as delicious on my skin! Peach and lemon sugar with a hint of tea! Sweet and sparkling and girly and fun! This will be lovely all year round!

Alas, Snow Angel, I love you so. Why do you repay my love with such disdain?

I had a bottle of the original version, and swapped it away. I have missed it ever since, and was thrilled to see it return. Now I remember why I swapped it before. Seriously, every single note in this should be a winner on me. Sugar - check. Tea - check. Lemon - check. Peach - check. Floral - check. In the bottle, lovely sugared lemon tea. However, when it hits my skin it turns to soap. And not even good soap, but cheap dishwashing liquid soap. It's really not fair. :cry:

This is referring to the Goblin Storytime version of Snow Angel.

In the bottle: Lemonade and peach tea mixed together. With a lot of sugar dumped in. Yum.

Wet on skin: Mostly lemon.

Dry on skin: Lemon is still the top note. Sparkling sugar. But the peach and tea give it depth and ground it a bit so the bottom note is a little darker and deeper. As it dries more, the notes all mix together seamlessly. Now I can sense the snow! The lemon has dwindled a lot. Now it is a snowy black tea with a lot of sugar and a little bit of peach and lemon.

Storytime version

In the bottle: Beautiful! I get a definite smell of sweet peaches!

On the skin: Still sweet peaches, but now I am beginning to smell something a bit darker which must be the floral tea. Really is beautiful! Later, the peach dies down a bit and allows the tea to come forward and shine! Mmmmm! I would really love to eat my wrist right now!

-EDIT- A year later, this blend has changed a bit from the review posted above! On me now it smells like peachy bubblegum.

After a bit it just smells like sugared peaches with some tea. Not quite as bubblegummy.

I am afraid that I am not sure if I like this one as much as I used to... I will have to keep testing it. :lol:

Edited by Catseyes

Um....

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnom. :cthulhu:

This smells like Sugar Skull mated with yummy lemon Turkish Delight.

I wish I had more than a decant :yum:

I'd been hoping for a really lemony scent, and Snow Angel fits the bill beautifully.

The lemon is both sweet and tart with some of the same notes (I think) that exist in Antique Lace and Alice (to my nose). I don't get much peach, which is ok. I actually get a bit of iced over pine, but surprisingly the lemon doesn't make it smell like lemon pine-sol. Instead, it smells like a cold winter's day playing in the snow...there's a forest at the edge of the field, and the sun is shining down like a smile.

Wonderful, cheerful scent that still feels wintery to me.

I am in love with this, I'm so glad I decided on this one! I smell the spun sugar and lemon, and on me is soft sugary peach with a hint of lemon. It's soft and delicate, and while it's not long lasting, I don't need much of it, and I keep getting wiffs of it as I do things throughout the day. It's so lovely. It's definitely one I'll be reaching for when I need something soft.

Snow Angel Resurrected

In the bottle: Extremely pale, nearly colourless yellow oil. Sweet, piney, cold. No lemon, and the peach just comes across as extra sweetness.

Wet: Some tea now, less piney and cold. Still extremely sugary.

Dry: Horrible sweet pine, amping like crazy on my skin, possibly with vanilla. SINK!

Later: Does not wash off. Has amped incredibly, STILL.

Summary: Super sweet, fake vanilla tea and sickly pine. Overwhelming throw and longevity.

This is kind of a incensey, fruity blend to me. Must be the tea, as there is no incense listed in the notes. For peach, this is an 'OK' scent to me. I strongly dislike peach, so I'm a little surprised that this is wearable on me. It's a more "grown-up" peachy blend, if that makes any sense, not too sweet and it is nicely balanced with the tea (incense on me!). I'm glad to have tried this decant, but I will not be seeking out a bottle.

In the bottle – Lemon and a touch of peach

Wet on me – Odd – I would have said candied grapefruit – and something slightly soapy

Dry on me – Soft and clean and yet slightly powdery with slight hints of peach

Overall – This is very soft on me, like floating in a cloud of tiny peaches. Possibly not something I would wear on a regular basis but pleasant enough

This is the resurrected version.

This is my mother's absolute favorite, so happily I can compare the old to the new. I think I prefer the resurrected Snow Angel to the old version. The lemon is much more restrained and I think the sugar is a little sweeter. This isn't to say that I necessarily think it's a sweet note- in Snow Angel, I often find myself thinking of it more as a foggy, musky, sometimes sharp note. But the scent is sweet. The peach isn't a luscious, edible peach, it's more peach tea- recognizable as peach, but not peach-y. (Sort of like how strawberry flavored water doesn't actually taste like strawberry, but you know what it is. Which is not to say the peach in this is fake like fake flavored strawberry water.) I also think the unified whole of the resurrected version is lovelier than the older version- it's smoother, without the lemon creating sharp edges. Very nice.

In the bottle this smells like lemon sugar water to my nose. Very sweet. Almost like lemon slushies. On my skin it remains much the same, only it does lighten up after a little while and becomes less sugar sweet and more pale lemon with a heavy peach overlay. The tea isn't making an appearance at all. Oddly, this does not make me think of snow at all. Rather, this puts me in mind of a very hot summer afternoon. Must be the slushie association!

I'm glad I got to try this, and I'll probably break my decant out in the summertime, but this wouldn't be a bottle scent for me.

(I am fairly certain this is the resurrected version, but my decant doesn't specify.)

Frimp from the awesome jj_j. :wave:

Imp: An incredibly sweet, bubbly sugared snow, with touches of bright pine and almost alcoholic citrus and peach. In color it's a pure, blinding, diamond white, insanely cheerful and so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. Lovely!

Wet: If you took a snow cone and flavored it with lemon Bacardi and peach schnapps, and then ate it outside under a frozen pine-tree, this is what it would smell like. The brightest, most piercing lemon and peach with tons of spun sugar and cold winter air. It's relentlessly effing cheerful, like that one girl who's always SUPER-INTERESTED and has a LOT OF QUESTIONS in your eight o'clock class.

Dry: This dries to an incredibly airy, crystalline vanilla-mint with strong overtones of alcoholic fruit. If I shat cupcakes and farted rainbows, this is what it would smell like. :wub2:

This smells very similar to Snow Maiden to me, but minus the loud daffodil note. I love the soft, sparkling background of lemon and peach. The snow note is definitely present, but this reads like more of an early spring thaw blend to me with all of its cheery brightness! That, or perhaps, a late season bright, sunny day of snowboarding. Quite delightful, and I'm ecstatic to be able to add this to my collection!

I'm in love with this scent. It's tea and peaches. A soft sweetness without being sticky or overwhelming. Like sugared flowers, only fruit. It has the texture of cool cream without the milkiness or whiteness. It's innocent without being naive or childish. I don't really get any lemon or pineness. Oh wait, some pine if I smoosh my nose against my skin and huff long and slow. Like lightly sweetened fruit iced tea. With foam.

Ha, I am not "nice", and you could probably guess what's on the way to my doorstep from this year's Inquisition. :twisted: However, there are many "nice" scents I adore, and this is one of them. I'm not getting any lemon or florals at all, really; what comes to mind when I wear this is a sparkling winter scene of snow-covered evergreens with the added candy sweetness of spun sugar. Now I love evergreen scents, but for anyone who's afraid of them this is a good one to try as it's more of a background evergreen. I'm also a dessert foodie, and I think this is a great holiday choice for dessert foodies who want to try "icy" winter scents. Even though Santa will probably put a lump of coal in my stocking, I still think I deserve this! :lol:

I didn't get any snow from this at all (08 version) - but its GORGEOUS OMG. I get a sugar floral tea with a hint of peach, especially when its wet. I'm kind of sad about the missing snow, but its pretty enough to make up for it =)

Not much smell to the bottle but a little lemony.

On the skin it stays lemon but in comes the floral.

I don't really get the sugar or peach -- which are two of my favorite notes.

On the dry down, it starts to smell more like cleaner.