Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don’t always have to be sinister, do I? Here’s to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

This is all snow and sweet pine. As it dries, florals come out, just gorgeous and so clean and fresh. There’s a touch of bulbousness to this scent, reminiscent of the daffodils in Snow Maiden. This reminds me strongly of some of the other great winter scents: Snow Moon, Talvikuu and even Skadi (but without its spiciness). To me, this does not make a very good Skadi substitute. It is missing the spiciness that Skadi has in its drydown and retains in its place the freshness of spring that makes me think of Snow Maiden. I think it’s simply wonderful.

This starts out with a minty, snowy feel to it. Almost like citrus (oranges, grapefruit, lemon, and lime) that is chilled in a glass. And then it turns to lime. Frozen lime. On the dry down, the lime disappears and is replaced by a mature lady perfume. This is not a bad scent, but I am not in love with it either. I think this is going on to the swaps bin.

bottle: certainly snow, but there is a citrusy scent'feel here. whatever the girlie perfume here is, it's very pretty!

wet: this is soft, snowy pine with a very feminine perfume feel. it's like the feel of jailbait without smelling like it at all.

dry: of the snowy scents in my collection, this is bound to be a favourite. it's wonderfully pretty, all sweet soft snow and that pale, cold perfume that smells like grapefruit.

snow bunny is skiing down a mountain covered in fluffy glittery snow in and out of pink marabou christmas trees. its chilly and girly and sweet, the most feminine pine note i've ever encountered. it isn't what i expected, but i like it a lot.

Sweet pine, crisp snow, a few flowers. It's light and a bit sweet and clean and cold and just lovely. This is Snow Moon!!! I will buy several bottles of this before it disappears. And it lasts long. Has very good throw. Only need a drop. The label is pretty... And it doesn't morph from bottle to drydown. I love this scent. Mainly because it smells exactly like Snow Moon!!!

2008 version

In bottle/imp: Perfectly balanced pine and perfume.

Immediately on skin: This strikes me as very similar to L’Inverno; it’s mostly a pine scent, but the other notes make it feminine and lovely. This is like a floral/fruity pine scent, and sweet but not too sweet.

After a little while: This just gets stronger and more blended together as I wear it. The pine and perfume are so lovely together; they’re not too sharp, and not too perfumey. It’s sweet, but definitely balanced nicely by the astringent pine.

Overall Impressions: This is quite a lovely scent, and not something I was expecting to like as much as I do. The pine is perfectly balanced against the perfume, and this is sweet but not too much so. It reminds me a lot of L’Inverno, but with more florals and not such a strong fruitiness. This is almost brighter, happier.

In vial: sweet, fresh, citrussy and pink.

Wet on skin: immediately I get a pine note I couldn't detect in the imp. It's still both pink and citrussy, but pine dominates.

Dry on skin: Oh wait - I recognise this! There's a note from Singing Moon here! Or perhaps it's the cool minty notes combining with the floral tones that are emerging. Citrus has all but gone. It's slightly odd, but not unpleasant. It's as if the notes clash and it goes muddy - like the water you dip your paintbrush in, where all the pretty colours end up as murky, nondescript mauve! I don't get snow from this at all!

Yay yay yay, this scent is awesome!

In the imp, it smelled very pine-y and cold to me, though actually slightly generic (for bpal.) I had also gotten decants of several other wintery blends, like Frau Holle and Nuclear Winter, and I was worried that this one would end up being reduntant with those.

Immediately on my skin, the snow and pine opens up beautifully, reminding me of why I went so crazy for winter blends this year. It smelled very nice, but I still wondered if maybe I should have stuck with just my other snow scents.

Then, after about 15-30 minutes, something amazing happened: that promise of "youthful, girly perfume" was fulfilled, and it was fun! And flirty! And playful! And snowy! And not too sweet! I think I can sum it up as "ice + icing", which it turns out it amazing-- the pine and ice and snow do a wonderful job of balancing what might be too much of a sugar rush otherwise. This scent is awesome. Super awesome.

i don't care for "christmas tree" scents, i hate snow and cold weather, and i'm super picky about my perfumes. also, as far as "youthful girlie perfume" that confuses me 'cuz the first perfume i ever wore by choice was Opium - i was seven at the time and i still love heavy scents like that.

i remember trying the original Snow Bunny and hating it, but i got a few drops of this newer version and thought i'd give it a go.

verdict? smells like christmas break in an all-girl boarding school's dorm - a mishmash of cheap perfume and christmas trees.

don't let my review cloud your opinion of it, though, i knew before i opened the bottle that i wouldn't like it.

Sugar pine. Fun. Cute label, too.

Not a deep, complex scent. Nice to wear when I want to turn my brain off.

Bright, pert, and cheerful with the lightest touch of citrus. Reminds me of a good friend.

Quick fade. Trade bag.

Beautiful and fresh! The pine is very distant and is not at all resinous. Instead, it lends a lovely crispness to the light florals. Glad I got a bottle!

Edited to say that this is definitely a winter only perfume for me! I wore it again in June -first time in quite a few months- and am now getting a headache from the florals, which are overpowering in the warmer weather. Urk!!!!!!!! :P

Edited by Pottersville

In The Bottle

Cool, piney and perfumey. True to the concept so far

On Application

As above. Not wuite what I was expecting

Dry Down

This gets fruitier as it dries down (berries and grapefruit) with a bit of sugary sweetness to offset the pine. When I originally applied this I thought I wasn't going to like it but it has turned into something like caramelised blackberries, grapefruit zest and sugar. Not too sweet. Nice!

Rating (0-5)

Wet: light pine scent. I can get something snow-like as well (at least, something slightly ozone and refreshing).

Dry: This is a touch sweet, and I swear I get something citrusy as well. It seems to get more sugary as it dries, and the pine fades more. It does smell a bit like something faintly perfumey (is that musk?), mixed with fresh snow and pine. Nice.

Irish Springs? :P It's a dead ringer for Irish Springs on me. My husband walked past and asked why I used his soap, so it's got a fairly decent thrown on me as well.

2008 version...

straight sniff from imp is sweet pine and something almost citrusy....

once applied the citrus really amps up with the pine...this actually reminds

me of the pomander balls i used to make as a kid with my family....

a teensy touch of clove or spice....girlie, indeed :P

Do you like the smell of pine?

Are you a girl?

Buy this, then.

It's piney, but it's not manly like most pine smells are -- it's pine, feminized. It's really lovely. I'm not such a huge fan of pine that I need a big bottle of this, but I'm glad I have the imp. :P

EDIT: I came back to add to this a year later, 'cause age has really benefited this scent. It's not piney anymore -- a tad cologne-y when you first put it on, but then a wonderful musky, close-to-the-skin scent, really nice, sort of like a less powdery Ivanushka.

Edited by Ravenclaw79

In the bottle: citrus and something herbal

Wet: evergreens, aquatics, fruits. At this stage it reminds me strongly of the Snowstorm, but with citrus.

Drydown: The citrus comes to the forefront with the florals. Not as sweet as I was expecting. Aquatics and citrus are an interesting combo.

Wet, this is a very piney scent, I kind of like it. I also get a whiff of something feminine, very nice. After half an hour or so, this is pretty much like Red Lantern (wtf??) Not sure what is up with my skin chemistry, I wanted the pine to stick around. I really liked the first half hour, reminded me of the snow and skiing, and now, Red Lantern, which I sort of like, but have plenty of already. *Sigh* I had high hopes for this one. I'll revisit this in a week or so to see if something is "off" with me.

Snow Bunny 2005

In the Imp: Pine, slush, a faint trace of spicy dirt...

On wet: Pine, slush, and a more pronounced sweet n' spicy dirt - like someone's chewing gum in the middle of a snowy, slightly muddy forest trail.

Drydown: Pine, slush, a powder puff of light spice, and something else underneath - something...pink? Maybe there's a hint of carnation in here? I was thinking bubblegum at first, but some of the Lab's carnation notes (Pink Moon 07, especially) go spicy pink Bazooka gum on me. Hmm...as the minutes tick by, it's starting to veer into burnt berry territory - or berry garbage? Either way, this is not really doing it for me.

Overall: I pulled this decant out for retesting purposes, to see if I should snag this year's version, but it's not wearing very nicely with my skin chemistry. Not biggie, though, I've got Talvikuu, Snow-Flakes, and The Snow Storm to see to my snowy needs. :P 2/5

Very soft at first, so soft I could barely smell it. Cold and crisp, it reminds me of flowery laundry detergent (not to be confused with linen) -- I love it! After a bit, a teeeeeny tinnnny hint of pine creeps in, and I was surprised because normally I find pine too harsh and prickly for me, but this is nice pine, this is soft just-a-hint pine.

This is quite nice.

ADDED Jan. 13:

This is such a clean scent! It's sort of like a sweeter sliiiightly more floral version of Dirty. I get very clean laundry with a hint of floral in this -- almost like sweet liquid laundry detergent rather than the dry clean laundry after. (This is great for me since I love laundry/clean scents!)

I really want to get a full bottle, but can't order one right now since I can't let myself add any more bottles, so I will just have to hope that I'll find one for sale on the forums at a later date. I do quite like this, and it has a nice long-lasting power and a nice throw. Dammit, I want to tack on another bottle, but I Must. Resist!

(I get no pine whatsoever in this!)

Edited by Shollin

Not at all what I expected. There's nothing girlie here, just a sharp pine/menthol smell that while cool, doesn't really convey any snow associations. It's pleasant enough as a room scent but nothing I would wear. It reminds me of an upscale Vicks chest rub and that just isn't how I want to smell. Oh well. Cute name, not so hot otherwise.

Wet in bottle - A light and fresh ozone scent with a breath of fresh pink girlieness. That’s the only way I can describe it. It smells pink!

Wet on skin - Ozone and snow. It definitely smells like dashing down the slopes, spraying powder left and right.

Dry on skin - A very faint ozone minty smell, that reminds me of Cloister Graveyard in the Snow, but it's made very fresh and fun with a sort of pink smelling girly touch. There's no other way to describe it. I feel feminine yet the snowy touch makes it fun and outdoorsy at the same time. I'm so glad I added this to my order at the last minute!

Snow and pine. And quite strong!

I like it in the beginning stages... it reminds me a lot of Moon of Ice. However, I don't think I need a bottle of this one. Pine becomes too much after a short while.

In the bottle: pine and something slushy

Wet:Pine wet ozone and something slightly sweet

Dry: sweet girly perfume w/ a peak of pine.

Something to pull out on those days wen feeling girly comes hard.