Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don’t always have to be sinister, do I? Here’s to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

Snow? Youthful girlie perfume? Gimme!
... but wait, what could this actually smell like?

First whiff: The answer is - PINE...lite.
Actually, faint pine on a sour-ish, watery note. Blech.

Drydown: The pine is receding, but the murky aquatic note keeps on strongly, alas, and yucky yuck :D
That's pretty much all I get by this point, murky water and a leftover pine note. Ughhhh.
It's... starting to churn my stomach now.
Resisting the urge to just wash it off...
NOT.

Verdict: Vile.
Of course it doesn't help that I don't like pine/evergreen/etc. to start with, but it seems the aquatic note was just the nail in the coffin. Not me whatsoever bleh blech YUCK GERROFFMEEEEEEE :P
This jumped on top of my worst-BPAL-evar chart within minutes, that's quite an accomplishment :D

3/10 for me Edited by Shollin

This is very.. piney in the imp and WOW. Once I put it on, it's all "YO! I'M PINEY!!1 *flailing wave*".

Yikes! Ahhh, the girlie perfume is rearing it's head. Oh dear. I'm starting to smell like some cheap crap someone in my family gave me when I was still in grade/middle school. ;_;

Okay. Something very sweet is coming up. Berries, maybe? This is a very CHILLY oil. I put this on the back of my wrist, near the back of my hand and it's very COLD there, now. WTF?! Hahaha

I'm not sure if this is something I'd wear often, so Snow Bunny might be heading for swaps. This is seriously an awesome blend, but definitely not me.

I know some people said this smells a lot like Snow Moon, but to me there is a difference. Wet, they are similar, but Snow Bunny has a more youthful smell, which I associate with berries. When it dries, Snow Bunny has a wonderful, powdery scent with a touch of green that lingers. It's got qutie a throw, so it doesn't need to be applied heavily either.

The bottle is adorable too. :P

Snow Bunny

First Sniff:

Definitely pine. And lemony berries? Definite sweetness. I like this one straight off.

Wet:

Yum. Boy did I hit the jackpot with this one. Very strong but good strong, not overpowering, I don’t get cleaning products or cough syrup, just an amazingly original scent.

Drying:

Love it. Great throw. Not young-girly but definitely feminine. I wore this to bed last night and to work this morning, and felt very confident in myself.

After a Few Hours:

Fades beautifully. So glad I swapped for a bottle. Now I need MORE!!!

Overall Impressions:

The rating and my new avatar sum it up. LOVE IT. :P

Rating:

9/10 (Leaving room for improvement as this is only my third review. I may revisit the rating later.)

Origin:

Imp from my Imp Pimp, Diana. :D

Preconceived notions:

I didn't order Snow Bunny because it just sounded wrong for me. Girlie? Not happening. But then people started comparing it to Skadi and I started crying and kicking myself. I adore Skadi and I was heartbroken that it didn't make a reappearance this year, so if I'd known that Snow Bunny and Skadi were similar, I'd have gotten a few bottles of this. :P

First sniff:

Oh my God, this really is almost identical to Skadi! It's extremely close, maybe a tiny bit more powdery, but so close that I'm not going to make a fuss over it. I'm such an idiot for not ordering this. :D

Wet on skin:

Skadi's little sister, no question about it. It's piney with a touch of berry and something that reminds me of slushy snow thrown into the mix. It's not identical to Skadi, but it's close enough that I would have happily accepted it as a substitute, had I known in time to order a few bottles.

Dry down:

This is so, so nice. It's not at all girly and froo-froo like I'd feared it would be based on the description, it's more natural and woodsy in a feminine sort of way. I love this. :D

The bottom line:

I'm going to have to track down a bottle or two of this. So beautiful!

Girlie Perfume? Really? Wet, this was sharp and chilly like fresh snow. Dry, it was coconut and evergreens - a combo that doesn't exactly sound tempting but that is actually really soft and fresh. Smells like Christmas!

Huh.

I got the pine in the bottle, but it was POOF! gone the minute it hit my wrists. Mostly I got powdery, somewhat aggressive sweet girliness. Course, me + berries is never a good match, so that might explain the meh-ness.

to me, this is Dublin without the roses. the clean, green, sweet forest scent is exactly the same. it’s so strong it’s almost too much at first. as it dries, the “pininess” of the pine comes out more, and the sweetness dies down. it veers toward soapy, but doesn’t go over the edge. it's got a wintry feel –- there’s a slushy, icy note -- and the girly perfume is noticeable, although faint. the perfume makes this scent, in my opinion, the female equivalent of Talvikuu. i don’t know if i’ll wear this, but it will make a lovely room scent for the holidays.

Edited by tinyvulture

Holy crap, I like this one a lot! Pine normally does not lead me along the path of happiness, but in Snow Bunny I think it smells pretty damn good. I can't believe I had this marked as a "No" on my spreadsheet without even trying it.

There's a sweet lovely creaminess to it, and this pine makes it smell brisk. It actually does make me think of a forest in wintertime... but this smells even better. It does remind me of Skadi but it's creamier. I think I like Snow Bunny better.

I almost wish it was snowing out right now so that it would be appropriate for me to wear this. I don't want to wait until the snow falls again. Maybe I'll bust it out in the middle of July and make everyone within its throw think of snow.

[Above, I meant to type "everyone within its throw" and mistakenly typed "everyone within its thrall" first. And I'm not entirely sure which one is more appropriate...]

First sniff: Bright pine, fresh air, and cold. You know how sometimes you can smell snow on the air if the wind is right? That’s the cold scent I’m getting from Snow Bunny. And it’s a happy pine, not foreboding like some of the dark forest scents. It’s a Christmas-tree pine.

Wearing: There’s a chilly sweetness above the pine, but the evergreen scent is definitely predominant.

Snow Bunny was another BPAL surprise for me. I'd read the reviews and I really didn't think this scent would work on me. I generally don't wear pine/evergreen type scents as I find the scent highly unappealing and "girly perfume." As if I'd wear something that wasn't mature and sophisticated! Well, was I in for a surprise when I tried it out. It's a gorgeous fragrance -- one of the "perfumey" scents BPAL has created. It doesn't smell in the least like Pine Sol or air freshener. It's soft and subtle and smells really, really pretty. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist the first time I tried it. Unfortunately, Snow Bunny is very subtle on my skin and doesn't have much throw at all -- maybe somewhere in the 3" to 6" range. I prefer a fragrance that throws about 12". I am going to try Snow Bunny in my scent locket and see if I have better luck with its throw and staying power when my skin chemistry is not getting in the way. I really like it and give it two thumbs up.

:P This scent was a surprise.....Pine usually comes on very strong with my chemistry, but the powdery underneath softens it so well. An excellent one for winter without the strong pine.

I had a miserable, miserable sleep last night - sooo darn hot and icky in my house!! So when I was grabbing my perfume for the day, I grabbed Snow Bunny to shake things up.. And I'm reminded of how shape-shifting BPAL is, because while Snow Bunny was very pine and Christmas-y with a touch of orange on me in the winter, it was slighty pine, perfume and nicely powdery on drydown... the perfect scent to cool you down when it feels hotter than Satan's armpit!!

holy piney pine sol batman! :P the description did not include pine, but it is present and profound. but artificial, like the trees you put in your mirror so your car won't smell. once i've had it on for 20 minutes or so it gets marginally better, it actually smelled like snow- or a snowy forest. nice. unfortunately, 20 minutes after that it faded away to nothing at all. major disappointment. :D

i've wanted to try skadi for a while now, but since virtually everyone who reviewed snow bunny mentioned that it is reminiscent of skadi, i suppose i'd better stay away after all. hmmph.

Bottle: sweet, definitely youthful, almost little-girl play cosmetic set smelling...

Wet: candy-sweet. no powder yet.

Dry: getting sweeter, as in oddly headachey. these always seem to do this to me...

Later: candy, no powder. headache. *sigh*

Snow Bunny

When I first smelled this in the imp......... Sharp sharp toilet cleaner.

Of course when I put it on it was a different story.

At first, sharp sharp pine is all I can smell for about 5 or 10 minutes but after about 10 mins the pine fades into the background a bit, and this lovely fresh crisp smell appears. Exactly like a frosty snowy morning. It might sound funny but it makes me think of a glittering, icy snow covered feild with pine trees growing! (god how do they make these wonderful smells?)

It's definatley a girlie fresh scent. After about another 30 mins, the pine is gone completley and there is this quite perfumey almost citrus smell to it.

Gorgeous, I would buy it again for sure, for winter. even if I am a boy!!!! :P

Source: Bottle

Initial Impressions I thought there would be floral and soft, powdery scents, and the name made me go all glee. And then I saw the picture of the label and I had to get it, if only for that laughing woman in the baby-blue bikini. :P

Bottle: Sharp. I want to say peppermint, but I don’t think it’s peppermint. It reminds me of it, of things like peppermint schnapps, but without the booze to it. There’s also something that reminds me of red berries and snow-laden woods. I’m not sure I really like it…

Wet: There’s a vague medicinal smell, but don’t get me wrong. That’s not bad in this case. It’s kind of like dunking yourself into a vat of cool water when you’ve got a fever? The sharp scent of peppermint dies away almost immediately… or rather, it’s rounded down. It’s sweeter, fruitier.

Drydown: The woods are really predominant; has anyone read Farmer Boy and that scene where Almanzo eats wintergreen berries and the ‘cold aromatic juice gushed out into this mouth’? It feels like that. Wonderful throw, because even though it might be a bit strong when I put my wrist to my nose, from a short distance of a foot to three, it smells wonderful. (tested this on a friend)

Dry: After three hours, the scent is still going strong! So, so, so pretty now. Wintery and minty and fruity; it’s an oddly nice combination. This, I would think, would work really well in the summer. I wore it during a hot day and while it didn’t actually make me cool, it was kind of nice to sniff my wrist and think of Almanzo eating those cold, fresh berries off the branches…

Overall: Love my bottle! I’ve noticed that a lot of the winter scents are similar, so I don’t think I’ll worry too much about Snow Bunny running out. I just got bottles of Snow Moon and Numb and they both smell very similar in the bottle. Will have to check that out.

This one smells a lot like Snow Moon but less intense. More of a softness to it. Pine needles, fresh snow, watery, winter goodness. I love this one so much I got 2 bottles. I have a feeling this will be worn a lot this winter.

Someday I'll get my hands on some Skadi and be able to compare the two. :D Until then, let's try some girlie stuff!

In the vial - Sweet berry pine! Yum!

Wet - The sweet leaves almost immediately, leaving the pine to poke out more than the berry.

Drying - ...I smell like a pine tree with a couple of berrie hung in it. :P This is one HECK of a pine scent on me. Not a cleaning solution type pine, but just a very, very, VERY strong tree scent. It's like Beth used a pine EO in this one. My sweet berries are just lingering in the background.

Dry (30 minutes) - The girlie perfume notes are coming out to play and the pine is backing off a bit. I feel strange saying this, but... I kind of like it!

Overall - It's not normally my thing, what with the pine being so obvious and all, but I do find it strangely attractive. I think I'll put it as a maybe and see if I can get my hands on more of it. But I'm not so in love that it'll cause me pain if I can't get more.

In the vial: pine, berries and vanilla.

Wet: pine, cranberries and vanilla.

Dry: Pretty, reminds me of Yule season. I think this will be delightful in an oil burner.

Wet: Hairspray, hairspray, hairspray!

Dry: Hairspray with great throw! Hairspray that clogs up your nose, leaving you unable to smell anything else around you! Eventually that chemical smell dies down a bit, and I can sort of pick up the forest/berry smell that other people mention.

This blend is further proof that I need to run far, far away from anything that is supposed to smell like snow or water.

Snow Bunny-

In Bottle: Powder and flowers and sweetness! Oh, I smell berries--a yule berry smell!

Wet: An orangey bloom on my skin. Mmm! And a little pine-and-berries, too.

Dry: A little more sharply floral. It's actually a touch eye-watering. I think I like it but those strong whiffs make it conditional.

Overall: Conditionally like.

My boyfriend hates pine. Then again, he's from the desert (he's a Coyote man) and I'm from the woods.

In the bottle and first on, it's sweet pine. Even a little too much for me. But happily for both he and I, the drydown is all Enraged Bunny Musk (my new favorite) making peace with the pine. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

This may be a strange comparison, but I will make it anyway:

Snow Bunny smells just like a lighter version of the holiday Febreeze air freshner called 'Evergreen and Snow.' This is ironic because, ever since I bought the Febreeze, I've been wishing I had a perfume that smelled like it. And lo and behold, Snow Bunny arrived on my doorstep via swap. :P

My only gripe is that I wish the pine were a *bit* stronger and that it had a better throw. However, its still going to be a favorite for winter. And probably year-round!

ETA: second time wearing this, and I'm getting way more berries than before and way less pine. Still lovely, but very different. Hmm..

Edited by for_the_nonce