Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

Not so spooky, right? Here's to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

*Snow Bunny 2005*

Lemony snow and pine! This is a crisp, cold scent that I absolutely adore! :wub2:

I am excited to review this as it is four years old and has aged! :yum:

Wet: very sweet; reminds me of candied sugared fruits; I think this is similar to Candy Phoenix or Schrodinger's Cat without the mint...

Dry: still very sweet and sugarey and fruity. berries, mostly; pomegranates, perhaps?

Wet, this is very pine-y with a hint of florals. It's not very sweet and reminds me a bit too much of cleaning products :(. It remains the same from wet to dry, maybe gets a bit more pine. If the pine is the 'snow' note I've heard so much about, then I know now that it's not a good note for me.

Hopefully something nice and cool for a hot night

Imp: Sweet and pine-y

Wet: The sweetest, girly-est pine ever. Love it

Drydown: Pine and snow with a lot of florals. I like it muchly

Overall: I'm really coming to love the snow note. And it blends with the pine and florals to make something really unique, but totally wearable. Definite keeper that'll be a welcome addition to the arsenal when the weather cools down again

Snow Bunny

At first, I get piney-snow-slush (not my favorite BPAL scent-type), but give it a half-hour or so, and it turns into a cute berry-candy perfume. Reminds me a bit of Candy Phoenix, actually. I like the candy-berry stage, but I'm not sure I want to wait out the pine stage.

This was all aquatic, high white flowers on me.

A smidge of pine, with some juniper berry thrown in the mix.

Nice for colder weather.

For some reason, this is kind of... bubblegummy to me. I suppose that's the girlie perfume. I actually quite like it. I can also smell the pine and the snow note. After awhile, the bubblegummy thing fades. All in all, this is a beautiful "wintery" perfume that isn't limited to just being worn in the winter.

in the imp:

i thought i was in trouble when i sniffed the pine. for some reason, it evoked memories of dettol for me. :huh?:

wet on skin:

ahh... the pine is getting stronger. i'm quite dismayed at this point of time because i dearly wanted to love snow bunny because of its name. there's a slight tinge of a lemon in the mix which doesn't help in muting the dettol resemblance. i don't think i do pine scents too well. :(

drydown:

this is a pleasant surprise! i must say that this scent is quite a morpher. i'm getting whiffs of the girly perfume which i definitely love.. there's almost a slight tinge of creamy vanilla amidst the gentle white florals and sweet berries. i love this.

verdict:

i absolutely loved the drydown of this blend. apart from the early pine stage, this was quite a surprise because i didn't expect snow bunny to be this sweet.. but it's definitely a lovely surprise. i will be cuddling my imp, but i haven't decided if i want a bottle yet.

This is for the 08 blend.

in the bottle: florals with pine in the background. Smells like febreeze..

wet on skin: Oh! Sweet pine! very pleasant. No febreeze anymore! this would be wonderful on a cold winter day.

dry on skin: This is gorgeous. A lot different on the drydown. The pine is not as strong, but mingles with snow, florals and something else I can't quite make out. Very girly, and a soft pine!

Snow Bunny '05

In the bottle you get that BPAL pine "snow note" and a generic smelling "perfume".. On the skin however this opens up. The pine settles down a bit and the girlie perfume comes out.. beautiful florals and surprisingly spicy. A nice, fairly simple yet unique perfume which will be good for many occasions :) Glad to have scored a bottle on eBay!

I've tested this a few times and today is the last time I'll test it. I've been trying to make myself like it, but it really isn't the scent for me.

I like the first 5 minutes on my wrists, when it's still cold and fresh, but after that it becomes girly perfume that is suffocating me. I think I get something like sweet berry scent with a bit of resin, too sweet and reminds me of some artificial berry lipgloss scents. And I can stand it on my wrists, but on my skin it's a bit sour and a bit more sweet and from hour to hour it only got sweeter. No can do this one.

Edited by milica

snow bunny is the only snow scent that i've found so far that i can actually wear. it's very cold, but it's also very sweet. in the imp and wet there's a hint of something fruity- a darker berry that borders on fig (but stays firmly on the berry end however), but the fruit fades and i can see where the pine references come from dry.

it does have that impression that i get from some snows of bath products but it's not overpowering.

i like snow bunny enough to keep my imp and the novelty of having a snow blend i can wear without pain makes me want to find a partial bottle but at the same time i'm going to wait to see if it gets released again so that the people who actually love the blend can access it.

Bottle: Damp snow and berries.

Wet: Faded swiftly; snowy powder.

Drydown: The snow is very faint and giving way to a soapy smell.

Dry: Faint baby powder with a bare hint of berry.

My rating: 2/5 It's nice, but I have so many similar, stronger scents.

Any "snowy" smell makes me happy (I'm so excited for this years Yules!) and Snow Bunny is one of my favorites. I love the chill and the sweet perfume and this one wears in a delicious, subtle way for a long time.

2008 version

This is like snow and berries with a fresh lemon layer. It's not really 'powdery' for me - it's more fresh and 'wet'. A nice blend but definitely girly and not really my kinda thing.

I've been wanting to try this for a long time and finally got my chance today.

Oooooooooooh yum. This is candied snow. Sweet, girlish, soft and beautiful. The throw is fantastic and I keep huffing my wrists. Probably my all-time favourite snow-based blend ^__^

2008 version: smells like hair salon chemicals at first, but on the skin it morphs/blossoms into an awesome sweet pine, with just a hint of berry.

It's Skadi-esque, but much less in-your-face without the eucalyptus/menthol. I remember ignoring it because I thought, wow, um, Snow Bunny, but it is really cute and really clean, and I'm glad I got it!

I hadn't read the description before I tried this one so I may have been alittle biased but here goes...

I put it on and got warm mulled cider with clove. I wasn't hating this... but then... my grandmother's bathroom scent happened. Cheap potpourri with apple juice mixed in. Then I got home and the DH sniffed, started sneezing and off it came!

Not a scent for me I will have to try some of the other 'winter' ones and see what I can find.

Yay, my first BPAL testing!

This is for Snow Bunny 2008

In the Bottle: I'm getting a soapy-sweet floral, but the soapiness is pleasant. There's a specific flower I smell but can't recall what it is. Faint pine and a tinge of icy lemon.

Wet on my skin: It smells...fluffy. Fluffy, yet damp. The sharpness of the lemon is gone and it really mellows out. During the drydown the sweetness amps and becomes berry-like, but the pine is gone, unfortunately :(

Dry: Pretty much the same as wet. Like sugared berries with a hint of soap. I think it morphed too much on me, the sweetness of it makes it less fresh and snowy like it was in the bottle. I don't hate it but I don't think I love it enough to keep the bottle.

Edit: After a few hours, this just smells like a synthetic berry room spray on me. Swapping for sure

Edited by Drae

I had been craving the perfect snow/evergreen/red berries blend - and this is exactly it!

Freshly applied, it does remind me a lot of Skadi, only without the sharpness. But the way the various components waft and dance on my skin is very similar.

After a few minutes, the "girlie perfume" starts opening up and becomes sweeter. My nose still interprets it as berries, but it's taking the blend in a different direction now, less crisp evergreen and, well, more perfumey. Not that it's a bad thing, because it smells amazing!

After complete drydown, I'm in total snowy heaven. It's airy, floral, fruity, a tiny bit sweet, soft and fluffy, with a touch of very slight sourness that I often get (and love) from real evergreen. Snow Bunny had better come back this Yule, or I'll have to hunt down another bottle of this wascally wintry wabbit ;)

In the bottle it smells like bath oil scented with soft flowers from a field. On me its much stronger but it's sweet and green and soft and lovely and feminine. It's a beautiful smooth flowery scent. Clean and gorgeous!

Origin: Won a 2005 bottle on eBay

Initial Thoughts: I love hunting for "snow" scents among the wintry/Yule BPAL offerings. I have no objection to the idea of youthful girlie perfume. This has been on my want-to-try list ever since I got into BPAL.

In the Bottle: The first sniffs are very pine/evergreen with a hint of sweetness, but the pine lingers in the nostrils and tilts toward household cleaner pine.

Wet: Very pine at first, but very quickly softens with an upsurge of that sweetness. Now the "household" impression is being kept away.

Drydown: The sweetness backs off but isn't quite going away. If Beth ever chose to make a Winter Lilith, this would be pretty close.

Verdict: I'm definitely glad I got to try this after so long. I may play with it side-by-side with Skadi and other winter favorites to see if it should stay.

I don't know what year the decant is.

Citrus Pine-Sol and baby powder. I can tell that this wants to be the snow/berries of Skadi and The Snow at Noon, but wow, massive fail. And I adore the Lab's snow note.

Edited by Soupy Twist