Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don’t always have to be sinister, do I? Here’s to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

Piney with a sweet berry note. This was almost indistinguishable from mistletoe to my nose at first, but then got a little sweeter, and, well, girlier.

In the bottle: Very sweet aftershavey pine.

Wet: Same as in the bottle, powdery sweet pine. Ick.

Drydown: It doesn't morph much: very sweet pine, powdery, a bit aftershavey, with a hint of citrus. I think that there's the sweet aquatic that smells like slushy snow and mint, too.

Overall: definitely not my cup of tea. I'm not into girlie scents or snow scents, and this one really doesn't do anything for me.

I've tried both Snow Moon and Skadi and wasn't thrilled with the pine note in either since apparently it decided that it loved me... and was going to shower me with pine sap... and not allow any other component to love me.

I've also had problems with the 'snow' component from the Lab. Most notably Snow White... *sigh*

In the imp: Very piney and reminiscent of both Skadi and Snow Moon. More Skadi because I get a whiff of some berries.

On Skin: Wet, it's pretty much like Skadi without the pine explosion. There is a definite berry note on my skin. This could be problematic since berries also tend to explode on my skin... but perhaps in this blend the sharpness of the pine will balance the sweetness of the berries. There is a definite cologney sort of smell, sharp, bright, clean.

On Drydown: Still no snow. But the cologne sort of smell is very crisp and clean, like sunlight off snow. I don't get a citrus connotation, which I usually associate with crisp & clean smells. The pine is still there, but seems to be playing well with the berries. No coconut either! Yeah! :P

Verdict: I can see why this is called girlie. It reminds me to an eager girl, all bundled up, enjoying the snow, the skiing and the ski instructors. She is bright and cheery, flirty and charismatic. I can picture that this is her perfume when you come in for a kiss, and you smell it wafting in from under the turtleneck and with snowflakes caught in her hair, she's laughing softly in your ear.

It's a very wintery scent. Again, like Tess who swapped with me for this decant, I'm strangely attracted to it... and winter is probably my least favorite season.

This was a little too piney at first but kind of nice. Then something sour eventually came through, with a floral note I didn't like. There's also something a little fruity that seems past its prime. It smells really yummy in the bottle, but there must be several different things in here that disagree with my chemistry. :\

This starts of snow and pine then the "girlie perfume" note joins in. Its a delicate, light floral and I can't pick out individual notes. Snow Bunny stays this way through the dry-down. The pine gives the softer notes a bit of an edge and keeps it from going too girlie and sweet. Snow Bunny is a lighthearted, fun scent, something I reach for often in winter weather. The label is also adorable! :P

Snow Bunny has fast become one of my all time favourite scents thus far.

There's something about that sweetness mixed with the pine scent that makes it a fun and not overpowering scent to wear.

The pine scent seems to fade a bit after wearing for 20 mins or so and becomes a cotton candy-ish sort on me.

I just can't get enough of this one!!

I need to go with my instincts more often on scents. :P Gorgeous, and now I need more.

Snow Bunny is, as many people have said, a sweet soft pine scent, with the sugariness of Snow Angel and (somewhere) a hint of floral. I don't get the juicy berries a lot of people are talking about, but then again that's a good thing, because fruit sometimes stomps all over everything with my skin chemistry, and I"m glad it's staying nicely to the back. I never thought I'd say this about a pine scent, but this is very delicate and feminine -- it doesn't have the agressive forestyness of (say) Nocnitsa. This isn't a scent for everyone, it /is/ powder as the description suggests, but for those put off by the pine, don't be -- I am not a fan of smelling like a Christmas tree and that kept me from trying Snow Bunny for a while, but I am sooo glad I did.

To me Snow Bunny smells like the best parts of both Snow Angel and Snow White -- it doesn't have the slushy watery coconut-sweetness that Snow White has, and it isn't overpowering like Snow Angel can be. It's girlier than Snow Angel (yes, it is possible!) but more cheerful than Snow White, which is IMO a good thing. It's crisp and girly and rosy-cheeked as the description suggests. Beth got this one spot-on, and I will treasure my half-bottle.

Bottle: Pine! ... that's it, really. A little weaker than some of the other winter scents, though.

Wet: Still pine! Apparently on me, snow = pine and nothing else. :P Granted, I LIKE pine, but it makes all of the snow scents smell pretty much the same. At the moment, I can't tell the difference between this and Wolf Moon or Snow Moon.

Dry: Okay, actually a little better. It still reminds me a lot of Wolf Moon because it's mostly pine with a hint of sweetness - but I think the sweetness comes out MORE in this one, which makes me like it more. There's definitely something floral in the background, and maybe a little berry.

I think that after it's faded a little I like this one the best out of the winter scents I've tried so far. And it would make a GREAT room scent.

My initial reaction was: "I'm a strawberry pine tree!" It took me a while to figure out if that was bad or good.

In the bottle, I pick up on a sweet pine kind of smell, but on my wrists it's much more complex. The pine is still there, but it has a clean smell underneath that really does smell a lot like snow. As a transplanted U.S. northerner now living in the south, it's nostalgic and comforting. The smell underneath reminds me personally of strawberries, as the above statement would indicate.

It's very different from what I normally wear, so it took me a few minutes to get used to it, but I think that I kind of like it. I don't think I'd wear this often enough for a bottle, but I'll keep it, and look out for snowy scents in the future.

Imp: I haven't looked at the scent description yet. There's something lemony in here. It could be the BPAL snow blend, though it's much more pungent than usual.

Wet: Pine boughs, lemony snow, and a hint of some kind of wood shavings. Cedar?

Dry: Wow, the pine backs way off and the lemon becomes much richer, darker, almost resiny. It's still not something I'd wear, because it reminds me of the cleaning solution the elementary school janitor used and it's burning my eyes. Yeah, this has to come off.

I don't know why but for some reason almost every single one of Beth's snow blends smell fabulous on me. Even a few with pine notes (which I usually hate) smell great. Which is why I try to find a bottle of any snow blend I can. Odd that I would covet them so much since I am not a cold weather or snow type person...

I love the girlie perfume in this...it smells feminine and sweet and exactly like a perfume I wore in middle school. I don't know if this has grapefruit in it but there is something here that reminds me of creamy citrus or a very light juiciness. I might be imagining some kind of floral too that is really fragrant. I wish I knew what it was because this has me going crazy! Paired with that snow note....damn I am in heaven! It feels chilly and creamy and sweet....very sexy.

mmph this is DELICIOUS. Starts off sort of fluffy-perfume-y, and dries down into this DELICIOUS berry. Not a sweet, candied berry - just fresh, tart, perfect fruit. There's something lovely and fresh in the background that I think is the "snow", keeping the berry from going outright sour.

I may have to track down more of this!

At first it is chemically and very aquatic on me. I don't really get snow, but more like the melted blue ice chips on a glacier, or the water melted from it. Smells possibly like one of those "wintery" blue candles at the Yankee Candle Company. Ice white flowers too. Oooo, even more candle-y after a few minutes. Strong throw. It's not bad, it's just that I'm unsure if I want to personally smell strongly like a blue snow candle. Yes, there is a bit of blurry waxiness to the scent as well. This most probably is a mix of white and blue floral oils with a berry and a resin thrown in. As far as chilly florals go, The Ghost better. Hmm, after ten minutes a a greenly aquatic scents dominates -maybe there's a pine or evergreen resin in here.

Ack, after fifteen minutes I look at the descriptions, and yeah, it's mellowed and sweetened like a little girl's perfume, no longer a candle. My skin tends to mellow and sweeten loads of oils while amping up the musks or resins. Hmm. Not for me, since I neither ski like a real snow bunny nor want to. At an hour it's melted much more agreeablly into my skin, warmer, more like something I'd personally wear. Like a slushy snowmelt. Too bad it took so long to get there. On me it lasts about eight hours and morphs the whole time.

It's very wintery indeed, but strikes me more as a room scent than a personal scent.

In the bottle: Piney, with a hint of something aquatic.

Wet: Green trees, wet snow, a bit of light florals.

Dry: The green notes died down a bit, but still linger. It's a lot sweeter when dry, like berries or a sweetened floral.

Overall: A very fresh scent (without smelling like an air freshener!) that's sweet and feminine. I love it! :P It really does make me think of playing outside in the snow.

I acquired Snow Bunny by chance. I am so glad that I did. This is a beautiful pine/floral scent, that I can't quit sniffing. It is simply gorgeous and there is something about it that makes it familiar.

I love pine, and while it starts off very piney, it slowly fades into the background and the florals & snow appear and take over.

It lasts forever on my skin, and I can't wait for winter so I am able to wear this again.

ADDED 11/15/08:

2005 Snow Bunny

Possibly my most favorite yule, alongside Snow White.

As described before, this is whipping down the slopes at warp speed, coming to a screeching halt and showering someone with snow, all the while wearing pink mittens and matching pink toque snapping pink bubblegum. The pine, the snow and the slight hint of perfume makes a playful and fanatstic scent.

I adore it.

ADDED 12/1/08:

2005 Snow Bunny

Frilly, girly perfume mingled with snow and pine. It is bright, cheerful and so much fun. This is definitely the scent of a chick whizzing down mountains at warp speed wearing a pink hat, mittens and scarf. I love it!

Edited by Shollin

Mmmm! Smells like winter!!! I smell trees and a little floral and it's kind of a cold scent. I really really like this! I am now going to go look for a bottle!

Very clean, zesty and fresh, like pine. Wet I get a hint of something wonderfully fruity. There may even be a hint of something minty? I generally tend to dislike minty blends so this might not be for me. I love the wet fruitiness – I just wish it would come back and stick around for longer. A few minutes later when dry on skin I get my wish! Reminds me a lot of The Snow Maiden – they have similar berries. It actually reminds me a lot of the Yule 2006 blends I’ve tried. Sadly, still too minty for my taste though it’s still morphing on me – getting more berryish. I’d hunt down a bottle if I didn’t already have The Snow Maiden. Lovely! Two or so hours later it dries down to a soapy nothingness. Still, was lovely to try!

Wet: I'm getting.. vaugly winter floral. Thats about it. No snow :P

Dry: Faint hint of cool, and berries...

Verdict: Not so much. I strongly prefer Snow Moon

This one is christmas trees in clean fallen snow that is starting to go slushy and hiding crushed berries beneath it, tart but sweet at first, then drying into a mellower creamy loveliness. At drydown it seems to almost get a hint of vanilla behind the slushy note. This is like a feminine version of Talvikuu to my nose... Beautiful!

Wow, this is beautiful. I get the snow and the berries, maybe a hint of pine. Gorgeous. Now to search out a bottle. :P

:P this is the perfect pine scent, to my nostrils, because it doesn't go the way of car fresheners as some others occasionally do, which can linger and singe mah nostril hairs (non-visible, of course, haha). i'm still a little ignorant of what a "snow scent" is really all about, as the few i've tested/tried have all varied greatly. either way, i don't really pick up this elusive snowness i figure i should: just a glamorous yet simple oil that most certainly evokes happy outdoor REAL WINTER memories that i don't really have (as a born-and-bred southern californian). i do get some initial spiciness that others discover, but it tempers after awhile and i get just a few succulent red berries that actually call to mind one of my all-time faves, lady macbeth.

i just barely got a decant of snow bunny 05 today and i'm already craving a bottle or three. too bad for moi! i shall cherish this.

eta: another 2 reasons i like this: it doesn't vary wildly from the bottle through the dry-out phase; it's pretty uniform straight through...and its wear has some sky-high legs! mmmm...

Edited by eatingthesea

I agree that this is a good Skadi substitute, but in its own right it can also stand alone as a lovely, girly expression of wintertime. I love that it has a minty/icy pine and snow aspect to it yet it remains sweet and light enough that it can be called girly. This is very beautiful!!

Sweet pine and powdered sugar florals. Very girlish. Like Snow White's tweenish younger sister. You know, the one wearing the faux-fur trimmed white jacket and matching ski pants. It's lighter on the pine than Skadi or Snow-Flakes, but that's nice because sometimes pine's too sharp. It's not heart-stopping like Snow White, but it's soft and fuzzy and just fun. So go on, hit the bunny slopes with your girlfriends.

Sweet, cold pine.

Alas, I am not a fan of pine. But, it's one of the nicer and more feminine pine smells I've smelled.

In Vial: Sweet and pine

Wet: Yes still pine and the sweet note that I cannot seem to detect. It is also in snow moon.

Drydown: Fades and is a lighter sweet of the mysterious sweet note.