Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don’t always have to be sinister, do I? Here’s to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

It starts out like pine with a little bit of candy

As it dries, it keeps getting stronger and sweeter till its screaming berries. Its making me quite nauseated and my head is hurting, so I'm going to go wash it off. It reminds me of a soap I had.

This is very very strong, and very sweet, but its killing my allergies. Edited by Shollin

Snow Bunny! *squee* :P

The name almost scared me away, but I'm SO glad I snagged a bottle. This is sweet and fresh.

I've never seen snow before (grew up in Florida and Louisiana) but this is what I imagine a pine forest smells like after a light snowfall. :D

There is a playful candy-like sweetness that accents the piney-fresh note to perfection!

So far, my favorite Yule blend! *and the label is too cute*

Wet this is sour fruits- citrus maybe- and is lightly sweet. When first on this is powdery florals with maybe a hint of pine or evergreen underneath. After a minute or two smells like pink grapefruit- interesting! It doesn't change too much after that. On the drydown it's soft and the pine/evergreen note is mixed with a general "perfume" note. I really like this one a lot- especially the pine notes! It definately embodies winter and snow- another winner :P

I just wanted to say that this is excellent. I love the piney first 10 mins, then it drys down to a soft, bright berry floral. Perfect :P

Just beautiful! This is the foresty pine scent I have been looking for forever! Sweet, clean and bright natural pine without any hint of floor cleaner. There is a sweetness underneath that makes it more feminine than most forest scents. It seems to have a good throw, which is important for me. My order tonight just got a little bigger! :P

I LOVE this label!! Macha, you rock :P

Out of the bottle I get a cool pine smell, very fresh. I'm a little worried that it will be too much pine, but on drydown it sweetens up a little. It is very reminiscent of a snowy day outside passing by some pine trees! I don't know how you do it Beth :bowdown:

Best label ever. Seriously. Nothing could top this.

In the bottle: Something spicy, but not a warm spicy, it's definitely a cool scent.

Wet on my skin: ACK! I'M BEING ATTACKED BY A PINE TREE! GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!

Dry on my skin: Aaaahhh! That's better. The pine is still there, but it's not as overpowering. There's a little bit of sweet berry, and something very clean. I've never had a chance to sniff Skadi, but I have half an imp of Ice Queen that I've been hoarding like mad. I don't need to hoard it anymore, because Snow Bunny is very similar to Ice Queen.

I'll need to pick up another bottle before it's gone. It's not only a beautiful winter scent, but it will be fantastic in the summer when it's so hot and sticky that my skin feels like its melting. This is cool and fresh, and will be a nice pick me up.

Also, my husband is going to love this scent. :P

We have an unexpected winner! Not my sort of fragrance but the name was so cute I just got swept up in Silly Season delerium.

& I am so glad I did. Snow bunny has a wonderful crisp pine/cyprus note in the bottle & when 1st applied (like Swedish pine/cyprus - you can imagine big branches of it spanking your booty). This is lovely as it's fresh crispness is a great antidote to a sweltering Aussie X-mas. Then it morphs, & this is my fave bit. It develops into the softest, girliest powdery berry scent & it's utterly gorgeous & has MASSIVE staying power. Perfect for Southern hempisphere Christmas' as put it on in morning when it's stinking hot & the greeness of it cuts through the heat & wakes you out of your sweaty stupor. But nightfall when the sky turns vivid pinks & purples & the weather is more sultry, the perume changes to match it & is subtle, soft & very very "come sniff me" sexy.

Snow Bunny Rocks :P

In the bottle: berry Jolly Ranchers

Wet: berry Jolly Ranchers, with a bitter stinky undertone! :D Whhaaa? Yuck! Almost washed it off at this point.

Dry down: berry Jolly Ranchers, bitter stinky, no pine.

30 minutes: berry Jolly Rancher, bubble gum, and baby powder. At least the bitter stank is gone.

Conclusion: Not for me. I wish it was, but noooo. I got no pine, not even a pine tree hung with berry Jolly Ranchers. And I wanted to see the label. :P Too sweet, when it hasn't got the stank. I am a more "masculine" perfume girl, I prefer Tavlikuu for my snow scent. Ahh my chemistry does not like florals or some fruits. This would be great if you can wear them!

Rating 1-5, on my skin 2.

Edited by atropos

hooray for snow bunny! what a happy scent: piney/evergreen winter trees and snow. ski slopes. fresh, cold air. berries appear: someone comes skiing down the slope with a silver tray piled high with ripe red berries...cranberries and red candy. the berries get closer and closer, you can almost taste them. you fall down into the snow, surrounded by the tall evergreen trees and pop the juicy berries into your mouth. giggling, you head back to the ski lodge, with red berry juice dripping down your chin. you feel invigorated, lighthearted, and refreshed. the fruitiness has turned more candy-like, and the pine and fresh snowy air remain.

This is definitely a more feminine form of Skadi. Skadi is my hubbie's all time favorite, so it's kind of neat that I can wear one that matches him so well. It's got that same frozen pine note to it, but doesn't have quite as much as a bite as Skadi does. It definitely screams ski slopes, and lives up to it's name beautifully. What a lovely little surprise since Skadi didn't come back. I told my husband when he runs out of Skadi I'm going to refill his bottle with Snow Bunny and then one day mention to him in front of his friends how good his Snow Bunny perfume smells on him. :P

not what I expected. Crisp evergreens - more than I thought there would be. A slight spicyness. And a kind of peppermint floating in the background.

as it drys it becomes more berry like. with luck, i won't amp out the berries 100% like i usually do. as it is, i may have to save snow bunny for when it's hot out. theres something in this that makes my nose cold when i sniffi it! that's not a bad thing, but it makes me feel very chilly!

really lovely, i'm glad i bought a bottle.

n.

In the bottle, very piney, I was afraid of it for a while. Once I did apply it, another note came out to ski with us and that was a berry sweet note that included some spice. I loved it. On the dry I got still that pine but it keeps the berry from being teriibly sweet.

I bought this to share with Ashtonrose, she is getting the bottle but I will be ordering another bottle next month.

Too cute!

Oh yes -- very similar to Skadi. In the bottle, it's piney with a sweet perfume beneath. Like Dublin, except the pine is more frozen/aquatic and not so rosy-sweet. At least not at first -- eventually it sweetens up on me and the girlie perfume is more evident.

It's a nice compliment to the other two. I have a hoarded imp of Skadi, and my only 10ml is Dublin, so I'm definitely a pine fan. I'm going to have to try this some more -- I like that the pine is similar to Skadi's, with that chilled quality, but the "girlie perfume" isn't as nice as Dublin's rose, and it doesn't last very long on me.

Edited to say: On second wearing, it's closer to Skadi than Dublin, and since I doubt I'll ever get my hands on a bottle of the former, I think I'll have to snag a bottle of Snow Bunny to make up for it!

Edited by sophia_helix

In the bottle: Sweet and happy girly perfume, with a cold kick, and a little pine. A young lady walking through the forest, with a pink flush to her cheeks.

Wet, on skin: Sharp pine. Scares me a little.

Dry: Juniper berries come out and tones down the pine. On me, the "sweet perfume" seems to disappear on my skin, leaving a very sharp, but slightly sweet pine scent. The scent stays the same, even after a few hours. Gives me a slight headache. :D

Doesn't seem to work with my skin chemistry, but my mother loves it dearly. That's what I get for trying on her oils before she even gets the chance to! :P

Having heard so many raves about this scent, I was kind of nervous about trying it. Can it really live up to the hype?

Yes, it can. It starts out all evergreen, but as it dries, it actually gets colder and sweeter, at once. It also has a bit of the sharpness I associate with mistletoe. Gorgeous. Perfect winter.

I adore wintery, evergreen scents, and this is on par with Dublin, in my mind. It's a little sweeter, I think, and it's frostier than Dublin, but they're quite similar. I'll definitely want a bottle of this.

My one disappointment when the raft of Yule scents went up was that Skadi had not returned... but when I saw some initial hints that Snow Bunny might be similar I - with some nervousness over the 'girlie perfume' - ordered a bottle. It was the right decision!

In the bottle: Very piney, but not that aggressive, astringent pine that sometimes gets associated with floor cleaner or scented candles; this is a cold, natural forest.

Initial application: Yay! The slushy berry note that I remember from my imp of Skadi comes out... but this isn't a ripoff of Skadi; it also has a bright sweet 'zing' to it like a lemon wedge dipped in sugar.

Drydown: The initial citrusy bite calms down a little, but otherwise it's staying much the same - a fresh, cold, sweet-berries-and-evergreen scent, with just a little lemon zest for good measure.

I LOVE THIS. This might even be a second-bottle candidate, which is rare for me.

Very, very nice. When I first read the description and saw "girly perfume" I thought something awful like Malibu Musk or Sweet Honesty from back when I was little. But I should know better from the lab!

Starts off, like so many florals do for me, like a whole pile of smarties or sweet tarts and pine. But I waited for it to tone down and the fruity floral is still there, but right along side a wonderful, outdoorsy smell of pine and cold aquatics. The fruity florals smell very familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it for a few minutes. Cranberry? Lingonberry? Grapefruit?

Then I realize it smells just like the Tazo Passion tea I had a few days ago, a red tea with passionfruit and hibiscus. One or both of those just has to be in here. Tart and sweet, piney and chilly. Whee!

In the bottle: A faint, sweet pine.

On my skin: The pine overwhelms all others briefly before slipping into the background. A more citrus-smelling note comes to the fore now bringing with it all that promised girly sweetness. This would almost be too much sweetness for me if it weren't for the pine keeping it in check.

I get pine and berries from this over a very cool, snowy, crisp scent. And oddly enough a bit of gingerbread and musk.

Whatever it is, it's very, very pretty. I didn't expect to like this one at all, but I do! A whole lot.

Snow Bunny

In the imp: yup, this smells like Skadi! It also has a bubbly, effervescent citrus note to it.

Wet on skin: what a fun and happy scent! Cool, fizzy fruity and berry scents with ice.

Dry on skin: this is Skadi's younger, outgoing, fun-loving sister. Whilst Skadi was more menthol-spice, this one has a fruity scent to it which reminds me of a cocktail. It's like a fruit cocktail scent served with lots of ice, it has something citrus-y to it (grapefruit?), and possibly a berry note, and maybe some melon and peach or even some champagne as well? I do get a hint of snowy pine and slush-this scent makes me think of a sophisticated and adult 'Slush Puppy' drink, maybe a granita with added booze? This is such a fresh, fun, lively scent.

After a while: the fruity aspect of the scent has strengthened-I now think there may be some cranberry in this. It's tart and tangy and also sweetly juicy at the same time. It reminds me of a fruity sorbet, and there's a light booze note in this, maybe white wine or even vodka? It's still cool and icy, a cocktail served chilled.

The drydown of this scent is reminiscent of Midwinter's Eve-a sugared berry scent with a hint of ice.

Verdict: this is very similar to Skadi, but more light hearted, youthful and zingy. This is like a fizzy cocktail served at a ski resort, made from fruit juices of various kinds, with maybe a dash of champagne or white wine, served with lots of ice, or even fresh mountain snow from outside. A hint of that cool mountain air wafts through the scent, chilled pine and frozen aquatic notes. I love this scent-it's very cute and fresh, light and gentle, fun and very girlie indeed. It's not often I link scents to sounds, but if this scent had one, it would be a high pitched giggle! I'm glad to have a bottle of this scent, it's a perfect representation of winter's lighter side and the fun and exciting aspects of snowy weather.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I tried my sisters' bottle while I was visiting. On me, this smelled a lot like Skadi, but with a sort of powdery perfume mixed in instead of a deep, sweet berry scent. I know that's sort of exactly what the description says, but that's what it smelled like to me! It was a nice scent - very cute and girly, and very appropriate for a snow bunny to wear. As a non-snow-bunny myself, this isn't on the must have list for me, but it's cute and I'm glad I tried it.

This is going to be an easy review -- it smells just like everyone said it would! :P

I mourned the loss of Skadi this year, but between this blend and Talvikuu I think I will have enough slushy/snowy cold scents with a hint of evergreen in them, to keep me going.

But this is different enough to warrant its own place in my collection. It's more of a sun-on-snow scent than a in-the-shade-of-snowy-trees scent. I was going to say "yellow snow" but that has an entirely different connotation, I'm afraid.

I'd agree with the slightly grapefruity scent to this, and it's rather less piney than Skadi (which was just barely piney to begin with, to my nose). More sweet than the other forest snow scents, but just as slushy, cold and lovely. These kinds of blends never last as long as I'd like or have a ton of throw on me (only musk, amber and patchouli really latch onto my skin longterm) but I love splashing them on over and over again.

Oh how I love the Yule blends!

That sort of slushy note the Beth puts in some of the yule's is strongly present in here. It's cooling, fresh, and not something I am ever able to identify. There's a strong undercurrent of pine in this and Talvikuu but I found this a lot sweeter than Talvikuu. Nice, pretty, but like Skadi last year, just not my thing.

Skadi is my OTP (One True Perfume), so when I started reading reviews which mentioned how like Skadi "Snow Bunny" is, I had to try it.

It starts out smelling exactly like Skadi. Green, clear pines that clear my sinuses. They're a little more resiny and a little less green than Skadi, but I could work with that.

The difference came in the drydown. Instead of the soft, sweet berries of Skadi, this has a slush, cold and white. I was disappointed when I first applied it, but now, an hour or so later, I'm admiring the wintry smell (all snow and cold and just a hint of pine trees in the background). I might order a bottle, for when my stash of Skadi runs out.