Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender

fresh herbs!
it's like i've walked around a herb garden crushing and smelling different herbs in my hands. and the scent evolves on my skin in exactly the same way. Edited by ladyver

In the imp: Brings a smile to my face. Very green, but trailing a perfume. Hm.

Wet: LOVE.

Drydown: LOVE.

Dry: LOVE, endless love. All praise to the frimping staff. Turns out I love lime just like I love lemon. Boy, that puts me in a good mood. It's a vivid green, but not at all astringent. Exuberant and fun, with lime popping up every now and then just to be amusing.

in the imp, it's minty fresh and GREEN! I was going to a barbecue yesterday on a warm day and thought it was the perfect time to test.

wet on skin: again, minty and herbalicious. so far so good. It's fresh and clean without smelling sweet.

after 10 minutes: mint is way less noticeable, but it seems to be fading really quickly. :P

after an hour: faint herbs. damnnnnnnnnnnn! my skin ATE it. No lasting power, no throw.

I really really like this--it just doesn't last on me at all. I had just gotten out of the shower and put on lotion, though, so maybe that has something to do with it. In any case, it's gorgeous, light and fresh without being floral or fruity. Definitely bottleworthy if I can get it to stay on.

nutshell: gorgeous minty green herbal, very 'real' smelling. Almost no throw, short wearlength (on me, boo hoo).

Envy, I don't get the feeling of "envy", in the bottle it is a very fresh, herbal smell, a little strong, quite calming actually. After about 15 minutes the smell totally changes on me, the sharp tinge is gone, and there is a very soft, green lilylike scent to it. I could imagine the smell as walking in an old growth forest on a warm summer day. There is lots of moss, and the odd flower peeking out from foliage. To me it is a "warm" green scent, after the initial sharpness has faded off. I definitely don't get a feeling of "envy" from it, it's rather a pleasant calming scent, that lasts all but about an hour on me.

In the bottle: Fresh herbal citrus and peppery lavender

Wet, on me: Lavender herbal with faint citrus, very clean and fresh.

Dry, on me: Green tea, fresh tomato plants, citrus with hints of peppery, powdery lavender

Dry, half an hour later: Tangy lavender, thyme, oregano, green pepper, floral herbal

Probably my favourite of the lot of new imps I got. People said I would like this one, and they were correct. This is one I would buy a bottle of.

[Edit] I was out picking fresh herbs and I finally figured out what the scent that I mistakenly categorized as fresh tomato plants smells even more like: fresh catnip, sort of tangy and minty and sagey and mouth-watering.

Edited by Greensleeves

In The Bottle

Mint and lavender. Cool and crisp

On Application

Very green and crisp. Moist, sharp and bitter

Dry Down

This stays nice and herby green on me all the way through. The mint is no longer evident and the overall effect is wild, weedy, sappy green - hemlock, dandelion and green grass.

Rating (0-5)

Wet on my skin, Envy is a lot of lavender and a little bit of the green herbs, none of which I can identify. Dry, the herbs show more and they seem to be stronger than the lavender, which is really medicinal on me. Some of the mint is present as well. I don't get any lime at all. This is nice but it's not really me.

Wet, this smelled slithery and green. Don't ask me how, but, that's the impression I got.

Dry, it smelled like smashed green plant stems.

Then, about one hour in, it vanished. Gone. Poof.

Ah well.

Very crisp and cool with a sharp note of lavender. Perfect for wearing on a hot sticky day. I just used up the last of my imp. I'm fairly certain I'll need a 5 ml before the summer heat really amps up.

Oh, envy is lovely! I get all the wonderful herbs here that I so often miss in other scents. It's gotten a bit sweeter since I first put it on, but even so - I'd say the lime here is more like lime zest than the flesh of a lime.

It's a fairly faint scent but I don't mind (strong herbal scents often mess with my allergies). This is something I'd consider buying as a 5ml one CD stops sucking all my money away.

I love the lavender in this one my body seems to amp it up more and more each time I wear it. This is quickly becoming one of my signature scents.

In the bottle it's lime with a bit of lavender. Wet it's soap. Dry it's still soap. :P I don't think my body likes lavender. And I was so looking forward to this one.

In the imp, it smells like a giant herb garden, one which is very heavy on the basil.

On my skin, it suddenly develops into a bottle of high-quality aloe gel. I'm not entirely sure what I think about it.

Once it settles in, there's a strong aloe-smelling base that occasionally throws out a waft of lime. It's nice and subtle, though I wish it were stronger. It lasts about three hours on me, so if I take to wearing this often I'll have to re-apply a lot.

This would be a good candidate for a GC replacement of my beloved Green Phoenix when I run out of it.

In the imp: Lavender! With a hint of mint.

Wet: More minty goodness now with a tinge of lavender. A crisp note of citrus is on the edge.

Dry: It mostly smells like mint now, but I can definitely detect the lavender. The lime comes into play after it's been on me for about 10 minutes and the minty smell tends to fade away some at that point.

Overall: This scent calms me overall so I'm not really picturing jealousy here, haha. Good scent, though!

I wear this fairly frequently, but am never able to nail down a coherent impression far beyond 'green'. I get a distinct impression of the candles my school used to burn in the advent calendar.

Wet I'm not getting the lavender, just a very herbal green scent with an almost metallic earthy tint to it and a squeeze of lime.

The scent is fairly stable as it dries, but it doesn't last much longer than a few hours.

Green herbs that go to 11. Very sharp when wet, drying down into a softer lime/lavender. Actually, the drydown of this smells like it would be great as a sleep blend if you can get past the wet stage--it reminds me a bit of Somnus and some of the blends like that. Lots of throw--this is very strong.

Wet: Love the GREEN brightness of herbs, mint, lavender, lime - they mix to an almost pineforest scent.

Dry: Hm, all the brightness and greenness fades away to a clean soapy smell. :P

I swapped this; a scent locket might have saved it for me.

Envy--definitely a GREEN scent! When I initially put this on, I was surrounded by a cloud of deep green herbal scents. It smelled naggingly familiar--I'm not sure which herb I'm smelling, here. Geranium leaf? Mint (as in the non-sweet version that you crush leaves of in the garden)? Catnip?

After a half hour or so, it has softened and sweetened. Mint is definitely recognizable here, and some lavender with it, but that unnameable mingled-herb scent lingers, too...

Whatever it is, it's lovely, and a fresh but non-girly scent for days when you don't feel too frilly. Unfortunately, after three hours it's all but gone... this is not a long-laster.

This smells a lot like what it is described as-green herbs, mint, and lavender. Not getting much lime in here, at least on first sniff from the imp.

This is ok on my skin. Definitely evokes a green color in my mind. I get a hint of that lime note when this is on my skin, but the lavender and the green herbs are the strongest, with the hint starting to fade almost immediately.

As this dries I lose that bright greenness of the lime and mint, and get a rather dull herbal/lavender scent that fades into oblivion in less than an hour. Not a good blend for me and my skin.

My first review so let's see if I do this right. Got this imp in a swap, so I'm afraid I'm not so sure of how old it is.

Imp: Herby with emphasis on mint. Very different. Nice!

Wet: Grass Grass Grass Grass. No idea what happened here. It's not bad but I totally lost the herbs. Is there even grass in this? Also something lightly floral? A lot going on here and it's all green

Dry: Still on the pleasant side of lawn clippings. A very spring/summer smell but with a hint of mint to give it bite.

Overall: It really is a nice, clean scent (emphasis on clean). Just not for me. It's odd because I usually amp up mint but it's really getting buried by the grassy floral

I remember someone here on the forums saying Envy is very similar to Les Jardins Sur De Nil and I think they were spot on.

Wet in the vial it's astringent and slightly nosepinching, drying down to clean citrus with something leafy and green and maybe the slightest light cool floral, reminding me of clean laundry.

As drydown continues, slight aquatic notes appear.

Reads as masculine to me, might be nice on the right guy, but overall my impression (like Sur De Nil) is very pretty dryer sheets.

Very, very green! A hint of grass and fresh, sharp green herbs. Dries down to a fresh basil scent. Really invigorating, but not something I'll wear every day.

In the imp: Lavender and other herbs. I love lavender, but not necessarily for me to wear as perfume. But it's pretty, sharp, and clean in the imp.

Wet: No lavender. Slightly amazing considering it's the patchouli of florals! It's very green, though. Could smell herbs and mint. I always thought that mint would bother me, but it makes this scent cleaner than it already is.

Dry: Powdery grass! I love it! No mint, nor lime, nor lavender, just some light herbs, fresh cut grass and roses. My skin chemistry is weird...

Overall: Love it! This is what I wanted a Blade of Grass to smell like. And smells like the gap scent 'Grass.' Very green, crisp, clean. Want a big bottle.