Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

This smells very green! I can slightly smell the mint (which isn't a peppermint thank god, but more of a spearmint) but it smells more like a cool tall grass with the slightest hint of floral.

The mint makes it cool on my wrists, which is very refreshing.

I really like this! It reminds me most of playing in front yard on a cool spring day. Very comforting.

Wet I found the lime to be the strongest note, it's quite fresh and citrusy and hard not to notice. The mint was also well represented, but seemed too much like eucalyptus to my nose and that's one note which never ever works for me. After a while these two notes started to settle down a bit, a bit of herbally dirt pops up and I'm starting to like the blend a bit more. Sadly, that's when the lavender suddenly decides to put in an appearance and the whole blend turns into sweet lavender with no trace of lime or mint. It's too flimsy for me and to make matters worse, I don't like lavender much.

Imp: Wow, I think I smell every ingriendent listed...cool mint, fresh lime, clean lavender, and herbs. All very balance. Wow. Very neat.

Wet: The herbs seem to amping up quite a bit, but the mint is very refreshing.

Dry: Very refreshing and sweet...the herbal qualities in this really give a nice base.

Sadly, not what I expected - grass and eucalyptus kind of mingling there :D. Strong on the grass! No mint as I know it...

Was hoping for a wearable herbal, obviously. No idea how my skin chemistry came up with eucalyptus-grass. :P

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

This is green! Mostly it smells of cut grass, with an initial burst of lime and a mint note that recalls fresh mint leaves rather than mint sweets. The lavender is just present, but I didn't actually realise what it was until I looked at the description. Overall very pretty and fresh.

In the imp: Yup, greeeen.

Wet: Strongly herbal first on, but a sweet, almost floral, herbal, not cooking-herbal. I don't get much mint, but the lime and the lavender are blending incredibly smoothly to produce an amazingly addicting scent. The lavender in Envy is a gentle, soft lavender, not sharp and biting as lavender can be. So green. So yummy.

Dry: Dries down to a delicious freshly-cut-plants-and-herbs smell. I adore this! I'm so glad the Lab frimped me Envy!

While definitely GREEN, I dunno about any of the negative connotations that go along with jealousy. To me, this is a perfect spring morning scent -- those mornings that are a tiny bit misty, but clear up in the light of the sun. Dew on a front lawn, the freshness of herbs. Mm.

From my desktop sticky: "Envy: "green herbs, mint/lime/lavender" -- starts sharply green, like cut grass, with a hint of sweetness underneath. Morphs into cut grass and lilacs, never too sweet, never too tart. Smells like spring and summer mornings to me."

I always think that when I put it on, cut grass and lilacs, even though I know lilac isn't in the mix.

As everyone else says: definitely green, even with lavender (which I'd otherwise associate with, er, the colour lavender) as the strongest note.

This is a lovely one to wear when I have a headachy day. It's quite soothing, despite the emotion evoked by its name.

Wet, it's soft lavender made crisp with mint. Dry, it's lavender touched with bitter citrus. Completely dry, it goes a tad soapy on me, but in a very tolerable way. It's clean and green and fresh and completely inoffensive.

I give it a 4/5 and probably will buy a bottle eventually.

imp: lavender is most prominent but i'm catching hints of the lime and mint and other herby goodness.

wet: this reminds me of the stems of lavender. certainly it smells like lavender but there is also a woody, herby scent to it. also, there is a scent that reminds me of little chamomile plants basking in the sunlight. it's such a cheerful, happy scent.

dry: okay, this dries down to something that smells nothing like lavender but is definitely a green scent. a soft, yet lasting, sweet herbal scent.

In the vial - Beautifully fresh and green, with a strong lavender note. This is what I would imagine the smell of a kitchen garden in Tuscany or Provence to be at sunrise. It's gorgeous; a clean, herbal scent.

Wet on the skin - More herbs; mint and thyme especially. The lavender is still strong. I smell no lime just yet.

Next stages - As the lavender receeds into the background more herbal notes begin to emerge; I smell wet, crushed basil. The scent never warms, but stays cool and fresh throughout.

Dry down - The final notes of this blend remain fragrant and fresh mint and herbs. It would be lovely in an oil burner to wake you up on tired days!

Similar blends - Calliope.

Imp: Sharply lavender, with definite green

Wet: floral (lavender, probably), with still green. can't really differentiate particulars.

Dry: light lavender, something green. Mostly lavender, though.

Mint, check. Lime, check. Lavender is quite muted. This scent smells like the green of underwater plant displays at nature parks. It actually helps me breathe a little better, which is a nice change from some of the sneezing fits I get from some BPAL scents. And, it feels a bit strange to say, but this is a kind scent, particularly funny since this is an interpretation of envy. Friendly and sweet. Would probably stand up to an oil burner.

Edited by dirtytrip

In the imp: Green, green, green!

On me - this reminds me of the "Grass" perfume Gap had a few years back. I really liked that fragrance, so it's nice to smell something like it again. It's very fresh and, well, green!

This has a pretty strong throw, which kind of surprised me because it's such a fresh, clean scent. It blends nicely with the rosemary-mint hand lotion I've been using lately.

So, yeah, I like it. Not sure it's very wintery, so I might revisit in the springtime!

Well, this is one scent that matches its name to its color -- green, totally green.

Y'know what this one is on me? A florist's shop. It's that exact smell. It's nice, but I don't think it's something I'll keep.

Wet, it's green and bitter: spearmint, eucalyptus, lavender. Definitely a great encapsulation of envy. It's far from sweet, but there's something addictive about it (is it that cool spearmint tingle at the back of my nose?) and I can't stop sniffing it.

Then, when it dries, WOW. :P It becomes a lovely cucumber-lavender blend with a spike of green herbs running through it. Absolutely lovely. I'll definitely wear this again and might get a bottle. Very unusual and compelling.

Definitely a very green scent, which is obviously what they were aiming for! I can definitely smell the mint in it and a bit of the lime, but not really so much the lavender, unfortunately. It's there, but it's really lurking towards the bottom. It's not a bad smell, it's actually quite crisp, but it's not a terribly remarkable one, either (at least to me, it isn't.) Decent, but not something I would want more than an imp of.

Rating: 6/10

In Vial: Smell mostly lavender

On Skin: Smells sour. I know its the lavender. It is slowly getting greener, sweeter. The lime and mint are stronger now but mostly in the background.

Here we go, the lime is coming out. This is becoming much nicer.

Later: This smells like an herb garden. Ultimately the lavender sweetens, the lime is just a hint and the mint is gone. This is a mild lightly sweet scent. It is very 'natural' smelling.

If you could put the color green in a bottle it would smell like Envy.

It's fresh, clean, not at all sweet without smelling medicinal or bitter. The scent is pretty strong for a couple hours too before it starts to fade. I am on my second imp and will probably order a big bottle after its gone.

I was terribly excited to receive this as a frimp, though I couldn't remember why. Once I opened it, I remembered: I have a mint weakness. In the bottle, I get a very clean mint and not much else. With my mother's perfume allergy I was afraid to put it on until I checked the individual notes, but it sounded 'clean' so I dabbed some on. Instant love!

Wet, I get a very green smell--it reminds me a lot of a green mint tea I drink often, to chase off my blinding headaches. Once it begins to dry, the lime comes out, but it's not an in-your-face citrus lime. Rather, I get almost a lemongrass feel from it. This blend really makes me miss my garden.

This is definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY a bottle buy. Of what I've tried thus far, this might be my perfect year-round scent: cool and refreshing for warmer months, crisp and clean for cooler weather. It doesn't have terribly much throw, but when dabbed on my neck I get just enough of it to keep me cool and composed for several hours.

Bottle: The stench of jealousy embodied in earthy herbal mint.

Wet: A pop of lime and a dash of lavender, but the medicinal herbals still overpower this scent.

Dry: Stinging herbs and paradoxical lavender. I wish lavender was not in this scent.

Overall this scent makes me feel uneasy. I don't want to be wearing it, it's dangerous and all wrong. Which is exactly how it is supposed to work, but it's not something I enjoy.

I've hesitated to try this one on my skin for so long because wet, it's just so astrigent and medicinal. There's a wintergreen-ish sort of note present here too. But dry on the skin, this warms and becomes something else. Lovely soft green grassy notes and a touch of green citrus. The lavender isn't terribly apparent on my skin, nor the mint (I'm yet to have a BPAL mint actually stay on my skin for more than a few seconds, and seeing as this was a very light mint, there wasn't much hope). I can't really pick what the green herbs are, but they do make for a lovely and smooth dry down

Edited by lilacea

As lilacea mentioned, Envy does have an harsh, medicinal quality in the imp and when wet. Drying down on my skin, however, is mellows into a very green, natural smell, with just a hint of herbal astringency. This is exactly as though I'm lying outside in a bunch of lush clover. The mintiness is there, but it hangs out in the background. I think I need to try this when I haven't just washed the rancid Queen of Sheba off my arms, and I'll probably get a clearer and even more positive impression of it. Nice stuff. :P

This is lavender mint to me: sharp, herbal, piercing, green. The lime accent is nice and adds more green to this already green scent. This is perfect, both in color and bite!

This blend is very clean and stimulating; it really clears the sinuses. It smells like green plants (fern, mostly) and grass, with touches of mint and lavender. I’m not sure what herbs are in this, exactly. It's like burying your nose in a freshly-cut front lawn. The lavender adds sweetness. I like it more than I thought I would (I received it as a frimp), but I’m not sure how often I'll wear it, as mint blends aren’t really “me.” But it might be good to have on hand for its cooling and head-clearing properties, when my allergies are acting up.

In the bottle: Extremely strong, medicinal lavender, with peppermint just below. Very sharp and green; astringent.

Wet: Lavender is a bit less, and for about a millisecond I detected some delicious lime, which then disappeared entirely. It's much more herbal; sage, thyme, and dandelion. A bit grassy. Still quite sharp, but with more depth and complexity.

Dry: Dries quickly. A spicy herbal-floral, either carnation or nasturtium, has emerged; this reminds me greatly of Garden Path with Chickens and The Passionate Shepherd. The sage is a bit harsh; the dandelion lightly and pleasantly bitter. Lavender and mint are mere ghosts already. Green and herbal and also bit aquatic, almost soapy.

Later: I think the mildly soapy aquatic note could be heather, as it has a tendency to go that way on me. The spicy floral and lavender fade, and the mint vanishes. Sage and thyme are much lighter, almost gone. I love how the dandelion dries down in this, very much like in Fairy Wine.

Summary: A peppery floral over heather and dandelion, with mild lavender and possibly some ivy. Very herbal, and indeed quite green, but not quite what I would call fresh, though there is soapiness. Low throw and fades quickly.

I like this quite a lot, but it's a bit too spicy and soapy for me, and I would have to slather. I prefer Passionate Shepherd as a green-herbal scent and Fairy Wine for dandelion drydrown.