Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

MAPLE. so much. maple. 

if anyone has tried Arcana Wildcrafts - Witches Draw Down The Moon - this is very similar on my skin to that. there is a bit of chocolate i can detect, but it’s very much maple bars galore. 

Literally a box of glazed donuts. I can't believe how realistic it is! Chocolate glaze, sticky soft donut, dusting of powdered sugar.. I actually hardly smell any maple at all. Might just be adding to the syrupy glaze element? Love this one!

Delicious maple comes out strongest but the chocolate is there and so is the glaze! It’s just like opening a box of fresh donuts! Mouthwatering good 😋 Definitely the goofiest and most delicious of my Liliths 🍩 These are also some of my family’s favorite donuts so that was a plus too 💖

Maple donuts are one of my favorites and this is a giant box of them!! This smells so delicious, but it does fade rather quickly. Two hours later and it's gone.

In the bottle: Syrupy chocolate!

Wet on my skin: This goes on mostly as chocolate-glazed cake donuts and a little bit of sticky maple. It's already quite realistic at this point, and smells like I just popped open a box of donuts and warmed up a couple of them in the microwave. 

Dry: This scent isn't super long-lasting on my skin, sadly, but it's nice enough that I don't mind having to reapply after 3 hours! I definitely get more chocolate than maple from this all the way through, but the maple is more present for the first hour or so. The chocolate donuts in this are specifically thick, bready cake donuts, not lighter, fried pastry donuts. I also get the glaze, which is chocolate glaze to my nose! After this has been on for a while (1.5+ hours), the maple and glaze burn off a bit and it becomes one of those dark chocolate cake donuts that has just a light dusting of dry powdered sugar. Dry, bready chocolate cake for the last hour and a half or so. It's really very nice, even if a bit short-lived on my skin! 

This is almost all chocolate donut icing to me. In the bottle, wet on my skin, dry on my skin. More of the donut itself peeks out after it's been fully dry for awhile, but it is really like wearing the smell of the inside of a box or case of donuts. It is delicious. There may be a hint of maple to it, but it's mostly chocolate donut icing to me - very specifically donut icing. Spot on.

It's really wafting around me from just a dot on my wrist, I'm alarmed/excited to see what happens when I give it the SOTD treatment. 

*First sniff*-immediate reaction "I know this smell from somewhere! This smells like those Samoa lipsmackers they had a few years ago. It's a coconutty chocolate with a caramelized toasty base. I love this ❤️

Wow. I cannot believe how much this smells like a chocolate glazed donut. 😯 Unreal. For hours. I love maple but am not smelling any from my bottle. This would be a scent that it would be fun to collect the variations! This is lovely. Thank goodness there's no coconut in mine because I cannot stand coconut scents.

Edited by HerbGirl

On me, Secret Donuts is more about the glazed and maple doughnuts than the chocolate ones. It really does smell like a box of doughnuts (and has none of the horrors of Peach-Glazed Donut with Mango Chunks, which was not doughnut-y to me at all).

I think if I were enjoying maple a little more right now, I'd be wanting more of this. And it's not overbearing here, even though I sometimes find scents that contain that note to be too cloying as of late. But I do wish I were having the experience of some of the above reviewers who got mostly chocolate-glazed doughnuts!

I’m definitely getting glazed donuts and maple bars, no chocolate donuts however. Super sweet and foodie and maple-y. It kind of has that “Yankee Candle” vibe. Like it’s more of a candle than as if I’m smelling the actual food if you know what I mean. I’m making that note because a lot of foodie BPAL’s DO smell so much like the real deal and most other reviewers seem to feel that way about Secret Donuts but it’s not going that way on my skin. So I would love it for a room scent or candle but not sure if I’ll wear it. 

Begins as maple and sugar-Glazed chocolate donut with chocolate frosting and dries down into something amply-atmospheric that I think makes great sense as a holiday room scent. 

I'm not actually a fan of eating donuts, and I especially dislike glazed donuts. That being said, this smells wonderful. I get chocolate glazed donuts, with the slightest hint of maple frosting. Creamy, sweet, delicious. Stays the same on drydown and never changes. 

Every once in while there is gormand release that makes me say "There is nothing else like this!" And Secret Donuts is just THAT! 

Just when I thought I had experienced all the foody, delicious BPAL scents... I drone on and on about Midway, Golettes, King Cake, Suf Everything...but now I meet you, Secret Donuts! And I LOVE YOU!  

Glazed chocolate donuts and a whiff of maple. As indicated. I get a medium throw from this, but low wear length.

Maple donuts, glazed donuts, chocolate donuts! Perfectly realistic, like I've just opened the box and inhaled. Such nostalgia - my dad always used to pick up donuts for us on Sundays! I love this. Great throw, too!

I like gourmands and donuts. My favorite donuts are maple. But this isn't a scent for me. It has a watery quality, like toned down donuts. It's just not what I was expecting. There is also something under the donuts, like a floral base. It's odd. It smells like the idea of donuts and not donuts themselves. It skews a bit plastic which is sad because I usually like the labs gourmands. 

This is such a hyperrealistic donut scent.  For the first couple minutes, I can so clearly smell a chocolate frosted donut and then it's maple frosted donuts and original glazed Krispy Kremes.  In the mid stage for the first couple hours of wear, I get a scent like fresh pressed apple cider (no spices, just the thick, murky, sweet and tart cider) mixed with the donuts and it's so autumnal and delightful, and then that fades away and I'm left with Krispy Kreme original glazed and maple frosted donuts.  It really smells like fluffy, fresh donuts.  I am going to wear this so much when fall rolls back around.

Wet: Okay, DEFINITELY getting donuts. Specifically, donuts with chocolate frosting. YUM.

Dry: Old fashioned donut with chocolate frosting, that someone accidentally spilled a little maple frosting on. 

Very into this. Also craving donuts now.