Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cherry Blossom Vulva

Lovely scent befitting the Lupercalia Vulva tradition! On me, the gardenia and plum slightly outweigh the cherry blossoms, and the cream and honeysuckle barely come to the fore at all. It's very delicate and feminine and I'd say more sophisticated than previous Vulva incarnations. Still debating on whether I need a back-up bottle - but this is a perfect spring scent, no doubt.

This is my first time trying a Vulva. I love cherry blossoms so this was an absolute must have. I can't say how it compares to other Vulvas minus the Peach which I'll be testing soon, but on its own this is a really beautiful spring scent. It is bright and hopeful and really brings back memories of living in Japan, going to hanami and sitting under cherry blossom trees. The cherry blossom isn't the only note here; the gardenia, plum blossom, and honeysuckle are noticeable on me as well, making this a little more complex than straight cherry blossom scents. It's beautiful and ethereal and perfect for spring. This is the kind of fragrance that brightens up your day when you put it on.

This is a lovely cherry blossom scent; it smells like springtime in a bottle. To me, it's almost like a cherry blossom SN, in the way that single notes are actually amalgamations of many scents that form into one. The cream makes it creamy and delicate, the honeysuckle makes it bright and almost fruity, and the gardenia adds depth and richness. I always have a hard time distinguishing plum and cherry blossom, so I can't really weigh in on that much, but maybe that adds some fruitiness too. This has similar notes to Every Day You Play in the Light of the Universe, but I like this better! 

To me it smells like soiled innocence, but not in the sense that innocence has been ruined by sexuality, but innocence that has been exuberantly enhanced by ecstatic experience. 

Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it.

I get the cherry blossoms when it's wet on my skin, but it does have a commercial perfume feel to it. I think that might be the cream and the gardenia, which is what wins out. It's lovely, to be sure, but I also feel like that what it becomes on me is not my type. Whatever fruitiness there is disappears with the cherry blossoms. I'm glad I got the opportunity to try it, but it's not for me. 

Getting mostly gardenia in this one, but a very. very softened, sweetened springtime gardenia, not the gardenia suckerpunch of Venus Cloacina (which I do love, but it's one I only pull out if I need to beat everyone else in the room into submission with pure gardenia power).  There's an "afterscent", as it were, of honeysuckle.  Very faint honeysuckle.  The cherry blossom is more of an accent on me than an actual note.  It's a beautiful scent, and one I'm going to get plenty of mileage out of in the future, but I was really hoping for a cherry blossom scent.  This is more "Gardenia Vulva" on me.  Still very lovely,  still something I'm definitely going to wear and wear often, especially now that the weather's getting warmer (no way I could wear Venus Cloacina in warm weather, ye gods, it'd be like the gardenia equivalent of the Roses of Heliogabalus), but I'm going to have to continue the hunt for a cherry blossom scent.

Do recommend, but know what you're getting, especially if your skin amps gardenia like mine does.

Wet: mostly honeysuckle so far! Vague hints of other florals.
Dry: aw, what's left is faint honeysuckle and gardenia. I really wanted this to be sakura-y on me! But it's super only white-floral.

Creamy honeysuckle plum!

My first thoughts are no more complicated than that, but the blend kaleidoscopes through its different notes each time I sniff. I find cherry blossoms and gardenia, but my overall impression keeps returning to the fullness, richness, and spring-ness of creamy honeysuckle plum.

I haven't had a plum-potent blend that quite worked for me before, but this one's bringing it. This may become my collection's Plum Rep.

So spring-like. CBV is a Luper's Luper.

Cherry Blossom Vulva starts out being honeysuckle forward on me, but then it calms down and becomes a melange of floral notes, with the plum blossom and gardenia sometimes popping out more than the other notes, before settling down as a plum blossom and white floral scent by the end of the day. It's a lovely springtime floral blend, with just a little bit of the cream in the background on me.

This is pretty, but it is not as cherry blossom forward as I hoped it would be. I might keep the decant, but I don't think I need a whole bottle of this one.

Honeyed plum and a whiff of white blossoms. Honestly, this is very plum-like floral but sometimes I get a whiff of banana from this. I mean none of the Vulva blends have ever worked for me, but that ain't gonna stop me from trying. Medium throw and wear length.