Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

Whoa, that is some neon-bright maraschino cherry coming out of the vial. Almost boozy in its strength. Applied on my wrist, it becomes more like pie filling, and suddenly, I can smell a distinct brown-sugar crust and even the sweet cream. I don't know how Beth does it, but it's so funny and delicious. I can catch little wafts of citrus, and I can tell there are some deeper perfume notes underneath, but mostly it's bold cherry. Great throw and longevity.

Like above, sniffing in the imp, the cherry is very sweet and bright! It does have a creamy smell to it...it is very nice! On, the cherry cream stays true! I am not sure what chypre smells like, but to me, this is definitely a fruity pie smell! I love this... again, wish this was in bottle form as most cherry scents, on me, can smell like cough syrup or a plastic maraschino cherry!  This stays sweet and creamy....very dessert like! Just need a dollop of ice cream with it now! :)

In the imp:  Cherry almond. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's maraschino cherries. Then, fifteen minutes later, it's just about gone. The cherry has developed a sweet creaminess, but at this point on me, it's very faint. I'm surprised since I usually amp cherry, but that's all I get. 

Ooh, this is yummy. Straight up cherry pie filling at first and then I start getting buttery crust. As it dries further it's a rich, fruity, creamy, gourmand bakery smell. Bakery notes can be weird on me sometimes but this isn't going plastic on me at all. A little further on I'm getting chypre hints but it's still mostly fruit pie. It's so good. Only complaint is that it's imp only!

My skin likes this and so do I.

Cherries in smooth cream. The cherries start out a bit maraschino on me, but mature into regular cherries in drydown. While that happens, some warm, buttery crust develops.

Once this has dried, it's actually mostly a buttery, creamy vanilla crust on me, with a faint cherry whiff. 

This is really asking for some ice cream by this point. 

I wish this was available in a bottle, yum. It's slightly tart maraschino cherry with vanilla cream and buttery pie crust. The chypre element makes it bright and elevates the whole scent into perfume rather than just dessert smell . . . though it still makes me hungry.

So yummy and realistic! Sweet cherries, vanilla cream, and undertones of buttery crust. After a few minutes the cherry dies down and now it’s almost like an angel food cake scent with just a mild cherry note. Which is also nice! I’d put this on my bottle list if there were ever bottles available.

Wet: YOOOOOOOOOO. A bright, TART cherry scent (borderline nostril-stinging) with some vanilla cream. This reminds me of Zombie Moon("Homemade blood clot-and-cherry ice cream plopping onto moonlit sand"), but the cherry here is MUCH more tart. 

Dry: The tartness of cherry has dried down a bit, and it's even MORE reminiscent of Zombie Moon on me now. Cherries and vanilla cream. Not getting any type of pie crust here, more of like.. pie filling.

This is fantastic! My cherry-vanilla cravings are covered by both Zombie Moon and F#@K, but being the sucker I am, if this ever becomes available as a 5ML... I'm buying it. :lol: 

In the imp: maraschino cherries. Once it's on, creamy vanilla notes come out and balance out the sweet cherry. As it dries down, slightly buttery notes come out as well. It's like angel food cake topped with cherry pie filling. Given that's one of my favorite desserts, I'm not mad.

Wet on me this is straight-up cherry chapstick--sort of nostalgic, but not really something I want to smell like. Drydown brings out a little bit more complexity--the waxy chapstick smell fades a little bit and I can smell something sort of buttery, but there's still a lot of very fake cherry on top. I tend to have trouble with a lot of fruit notes, and while this is nicer than some, it's not really something I can see myself going for.

This smells super similar to Gen Z Feminist Cenobite from the Liliths. In fact, I'd say it's the same scent (bright cherry with a golden amber-dominant chypre on me), but with some added creaminess from the pie note. I'm not really getting any pie crust, but maybe my skin's bringing out more of the cherry, amber, and cream from this scent.

Gen Z Feminist Cenobite was a win for me, and this imp is a keeper as well! My favorite of this year's Black Friday imp exclusives for sure! :) 

I've gotten a bunch of cherry imps recently, and have enjoyed them more than I thought I would, so I was excited to try this one!

Bottle: Sooo close to medicinal cherry chapstick. Uh oh!

Wet: Slightly less medicinal and more sugary-candied-cherry-topping. Am not yet in love.

Dry: Oh, hello! Here's the cream and sugar. If you want to dip your toe into the cherry-pool, this is a nice, subtle, vanillic cherry.

Cherry is always very loud on me, but here it doesn't overwhelm the cream and (later, on drydown) a buttery crust note. I said that Pumpkin Pie Musk was my favorite of these, but this is a very, very close one.

I don't get wax per se, but there's maybe amber?

Chypre with strong maraschino cherry and a touch of creamy almond. Smells pink and cherry, and delicious. Electric. Good throw and wear length.

I was gifted this by a super generous forum PIFer and accidentally misplaced it until yesterday.  Cherry Cream Pie Chypre smells wonderful when first applied.  Lots and lots of cherry, a little cream, hardly any crust.  Just joyful cherry pie filling.  I went for a long walk -- actually a series of three medium walks -- and completely forgot to check in on my wrist.  Many hours after application, I raised wrist to nose.  What is this?  Oh, right!  The crust notes had finally emerged. Still wonderful. Cherry pastry, a skin scent, but still going strong.   

If this was available in a bottle, I would get it.

While wet, it's super sweet cherry with a definite buttery crust smell. (It almost makes me think of the gum in willy wonka) After a while on me, the crust kind of disappears though, and is just a light cream scent. Overall really nice, if you like sweet foodie scents. 

Sweet gooey cherry pie filling! Sugared and gloopy and spilling out. As it dries, that buttery pie crust note emerges - not loudly, just enough to be there. This is delicious, and I would absolutely buy a bottle!

Edited by splendidissima

very almond cherry wet / in the imp.

as it dries i get more cherry less almond, the cream isn’t in the forefront but rounds out the scent... i think i smell the crust because the cherry starts to fade.... as the cherry recedes, it starts to get not quite buttery, but the way pie crust tastes when it’s up against the pie filling. in itself the crust is not super sweet; it’s slightly doughy with the cherry remnants and slight cream bringing the sweetness. i do get brown sugar in the crust as someone else said.  i can also see where people read cherry chapstick, because if i don’t concentrate, it seems to blend like that, even though there’s no waxiness. the pie crust covers the cherry scent a bit.

i don’t know if my brain is just not registering the complexity, but i don’t really smell the elements that would make this a chypre.

there is a soft perfume-y element, which must be amber, which seems to tie everything together.

also of note - the cherry is different from sweet amber & cherry liqueur HG.

edit: as i wear, i get a very light citrus, somethjng vegetal and medicinal (sharp) in the background... sooo i guess that’s the chypre.

Edited by picturesofmeghan

Almost exactly what it says on the tin. I'm not big on gourmand scents, so I don't have much to compare to, but this smells shockingly realistically like cherry cream pie, especially the crust. Not sure what chypre is or what its supposed to smell like, so I can't really say whether I noticed it or not.

Cherry and almond extracts in the bottle. Goes on as a sweet, slightly boozy maraschino cherry with a hint of pie crust. This is gorgeous for the five minutes that it lasts on me.

Gorgeous amber liquid in the imp. Cherry bakewell loveliness. Strong cherry throw but has that bakery cake warmth to it