Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

He lifted his head from his drinking, as cattle do,
And looked at me vaguely, as drinking cattle do,
And flickered his two-forked tongue from his lips, and mused a moment,
And stooped and drank a little more…

Snake Oil with caramelized tobacco, davana, black amber, bourbon vanilla absolute, ambergris accord, oakmoss, and CO2 extract of oak wood.

This one is so very quiet. In the bottle, all I can detect is some distant, indistinct resins. On my skin, the familiar Snake Oil base comes out. The other notes sort of peep through, then recede quickly. It's mostly a dark, extra-resinous, rich Snake Oil right now, with the oak, tobacco, etc. stepping in and out-- they're present, but elusive.

I am thinking this needs a couple of weeks to settle into itself.

Snake's Tongue to me came out as a smoky vanilla cream with hints of wood. This one has great massive appeal. If you love Snake Oil, and love vanilla cream, and just ever sort of wanted to luxuriate in a creamier smokier Snake Oil, look no further. Medium throw and wear length.

This merits more testing, and I'm not a Snake Oil fan.

I let this sit almost the longest among the blends before reviewing, because Snake Oil.

First on my skin, it's pretty quiet, but this looks to be a very base-notey blend. A softer top-note phase doesn't surprise. 

But it warms up quickly, and then out drifts a cloud of dark vanilla with hints of smoke, caramel, and oak, all wafting over Snake Oil. Damn... That's good.

In drydown I start to get oakmoss and a little tobacco, adding to the earthiness. I find ambergris when I look for it, but really, this is very well blended. After this dries, pinpointing one note is a bit like finding one piece of a table-wide jigsaw.

I'll probably need at least one bottle of this snek.

This is Snek++.

I agree. This is a quiet blend. Reading the notes, I was expecting boombababoommbababoom.. Instead its soft and melodic. Kinda an attempt to make a harmonious mix of some pretty big essentials.  I think those with sensitivities, who can only apply in small doses, or ones needing a professional-suitable perfume will rejoice.  It is a wonderful mix.

Soft, warm, floaty, glowing.  Well balanced vanilla, amber, musk and resin notes. I'd compare it to Haunted or a light application of Morocco. Hang onto this for summer, k?

In the bottle: Resinous, tobacco-tinged vanilla with some spice.

Wet on my skin: This is already fantastic, ooof. The Snake Oil isn't super apparent at this stage, unless I inhale deeply. Rather, it's this gorgeous, smoky, rich blend of vanilla, tobacco, ambergris, and oakmoss, with the SO supporting everything with that familiar base of sensual spice. 

Dry: This looks like it's my favourite of the Lupers I have ordered so far this year. There is a detectable base of Snake Oil beneath a masc-leaning and absolutely fantastic haze of smoky vanilla, tobacco, black amber, ambergris, oakmoss, and oakmoss in that order. They're all detectable if you search for them, but blend so beautifully in the throw that it's a delight for the olfactory sense. It's all rounded out and pushed to the masc side by the oak, oakmoss, and ambergris, with the oak providing something more of a supporting "polish" to the other notes rather than being a main player in its own right. 

Now that it's been on me for a bit, I think I can say that this is a bit like if a bottle of Snake Oil and well-aged (not fresh) Hellfire had a baby, wearing a hat made out of Antikythera Mechanism. If you like at least two of those three scents, you'll probably like this one. 

I must amp the moss in this because Snake's Tongue is very similar to what I remember Banded Sea Snake smelling like, which I loved. However, this is more resin-y. It's not a heavy scent and I enjoy it in all its stages - wet to dry. I don't get a lot of snake oil to be honest, and it's very well blended. I'll also add I LOVE the label art. I'm so happy to have this gem in my collection!

Edited by ziggystardust13