Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Mango-Infused Pumpkin Chai Latte

Pumpkin-spiced gunpowder tea with mango peel, red ginger, green cardamom, smoky clove buds, fennel, allspice, saffron, coconut sugar, and foamy milk.

When I originally put this on, it blossomed into an almost too-foody warm, spiced baked-goods scent; very much the Fall/Thanksgiving Yankee Candle sort of thing that some people have been referencing. Very nice, in fact, though you'd want to be careful about the application (a light touch is probably a good thing unless you want to knock people over). Later, after it's dried, I can tell it would be very nice... there's a light tropical fruit scent mingling with the wonderful chai spices... except that pumpkin (or possibly one of the sugary notes?) has gone and turned burnt-rubber on me. The throw is still pretty nice, I think, but up close this is burnt rubber overlaying what would otherwise be a very nice scent.

I approached this scent with a spirit of exploration... my beginnings with BPAL and pumpkin (Weenies '08 were my first holiday season) were disappointing and I've stayed away from it ever since. Lately, however, I've been returning to notes that I originally learned to avoid. Pumpkin, however, appears to still be one of them. Sigh.

This was the one I wasn't too sure of. I never seem to get mango to actually show up, but was hoping the tea and pumpkin would help it out.

The bottle definately screamed mango for me. It was beating everything else to a faint backgound. Then, I put it on.

From start to finish, it smelled like Tetley's Chai tea on me. No creamy pumpkin, no mango, nothing else. Not that it is a bad thing really. I've been wanting to find a Chai scent lately, since that keeps me from buying chai all the time. So, it ends up a win for me. I just envy everyone who got the pumpkin and mango.

The mango is more noticeable than the pumpkin, and the allspice dominates (as usual). I can smell just a hint of coconut sugar.

I was hoping for more that and the creamy milk. It's yummy, just spicier than I was hoping.

In the bottle it's all pumpkin and mango - I barely smell any spice or anything else, just PUMPKIN and MANGO!!! And when I put it on my skin, it's all mango for the first ten minutes, then settles into a nice buttery pumpkin-mango combo with some spice and a slightly sour milk note. After about 4 hours, the sour milk note vanishes and the coconut suddenly comes out to play. 13 hours after application, I'm left with dusky cardamom and coconut.

Yum! I'm so glad this one worked on me. I was expecting more of a delicious tea kind of scent, but the tea is kind of background to the sweeter, creamy, spicy bits. The mango certainly does come out swinging, but it backs off a little bit while the cream, pumpkin and spices do their thing, up to a nice coconut finish after a bunch of hours. A nice sweet, spicy, foody scent.

In the imp, I can smell pumpkin and borderline-bubblegum chai, presumably from the coconut sugar. On me, thank goodness, it is more distinctly chai now, though the pumpkin has also disappeared. And definitely spicy as well. Mmm, okay, I’m definitely getting the “curled up with mug of chai” feel now. This one is good for late fall and winter, I think. Something a little spicy-tickley too, but hell if I know which of the notes it is (damn you, untrained nose). A few hours later, when the scent is fading away, the bubblegum touch is back again.

The mango never made an appearance, which was disappointing for me: mango is one of my favorite scents. Glad I picked up the decant, but there's no need for a bottle.

Edited by bellumed

I wasn't sure what to think of mango (or what my skin would do to it), and apart from red ginger being a death note for me (only thing I've ever had a bad reaction to), I wasn't sure whether this would work.

It's great, though. There is something in it that very clearly reminds me of that spicy-doughy scent from Ghoul Hooligan (a personal favorite of mine). I don't really get much of the chai part of this, or the latte. But it is very warmly and pleasantly spicy, and the mango is not overpowering and is nice and round.

Surprisingly, this one's a favorite of the Halloweenies.

Imp: Supersweet foodie vanilla chai with slight pumpkin hints and fruit.

Wet: Spicy, spicy delicious chai with hints of mango and pumpkin. Primarily chai and I loooove chai :wub2:

Dry: My skin has eaten the mango and most of the chai except for the cinnamon. Bad skin!

Edited: got a little too excited and hit post early

Edited by brilliantcat

In the decant: Tea with lots of good stuff!

Wet: Mango and pumpkin float to the top, trailed by all the spices.

The dry-down: The spices really take over, too much so. If I was at a tea house/coffee shop, I'd ask them to dump it in a larger cup, and just add tea, to adjust.

Pleasant fruity musk at first, then changes to a dusty spice with a touch of mango and cream. I LOVED the mango note at first, it was fresh and juicy. I don't know what my skin did to this, but it's switches from dusty spice to a lovely drink, as described. Still, during the nice phase, it's not really me, but I need to try this drink!

In the bottle: Borderline bubblegum. o.O I have no idea what note is doing this, but it's just... sweet. Maybe a touch fruity, but no spice at all.

On skin, wet: Tea and sweetness with that same bubblegum undertone. Maybe a touch of mango now, but it's very subtle and I could be imagining it.

On skin, dry: Much the same.

After an hour: The sickly-sweet bubblegum-ish note has thankfully settled down and the mango is clearer now. Maybe there's a bit of milkiness there now, too, but mostly this is sweetness and mango. Weird, because usually I amp spices like all get out! Gonna re-test this later.

Bottle: Fresh mangoes and pumpkin spices.

Wet: Spicy pumpkin yumminess!

Dry: Smooth and creamy chai tea, foamed milk, and wisps of pumpkin spices. It dries down to a beautifully soft milk-tea scent with hints of coconut on the skin and very faint throws of soft overripe mango. It actually fades too fast! :cry2:

Evokes images of: Late autumn, dark and homey coffee shop. Snuggling in a large comfy armchair, sipping on a pumpkin chai latte, and reading by the light of a window.

In the bottle: mouthwatering spiced juicy fruit.

Wet: the spice notes come through more and the whole thing gets warmer.

Dry: the mango shines here, and the spices settle down to warm and ground the whole thing.

Overall: lovely lovely lovely.

This is wonderful, and is a beautiful, true chai tea scent. I was almost scared off from getting it by the mango, but it and the pumpkin are very much in the background to the warm spices. It's wonderful, but not really a foody blend, as it could seem from the list of notes. It's also nice because it's a spicy blend that would be good for warmer weather too (most of my other spicy fragrances- Gingerbread Poppet for example- I feel like can only be worn when it's cold). It kind of reminds me of Huesos De Santos, but is different and lovely in it's own right (and a little less foody than HDS).

I'm so glad I got a decant of this last year! I've been wearing it with this 70 degree weather, in anticipation of new Weenies.

It truly is like a pumpkin latte, with this beautiful mango blended into it. When I wear this and smell it wafting up, I really feel as though I can taste it and have a cup of it in my hand.

The mango is definitely the forerunner scent, the cardamom probably being the one to balance it out from becoming too citrusy over the ginger, saffron and milk.

Yummy!

In the bottle - Mostly mango, almost as if it's been stewed into a compote or jam

Wet on me - Mango and very red cinnamon

Dry on me - A warm dry spiced bakery scent

Overall - This was more like spiced buns to me and it never really seemed to gel for me

Bottle/wet: cinnamon spice pumpkin and chai; i suppose i get a little fruityness too, probably the mango

Drying: Smells like a better version of those oranges with cloves stuck in them, plus pumpkin goodness. I love this scent - it seems all my favorites are fall and winter smells :D I will really enjoy this this fall, along with Samhain and whatever new Halloweenies come round.

Bottle: slight mango, ginger, allspice, sugar, and milk

Wet: mango and chai tea

Drydown: fruitiness goes, smells a bit like cheap chai tea. I have to agree with anaengel.

Overall, it's okay. I feel like it's a bit generic, but wearable if I don't want something overpowering.

Sweet, sugary mango! I get the milk. The spices come up as it dries, definite cardamom. The mango endures.

I bought this bottle way back in 2012, sampled it, and thought, "Ugh, I don't want to smell like cake," (I don't want to smell like cake!) and put it in the pile to swap someday. Just dug it out again, and I'm really liking it. I can't pick out either the mango or pumpkin, but it's a fruity-spicy that I don't mind wearing now. Still not my favorite, but it's not as heavy as a lot of other spicy scents, and it seems to work for where I'm at this season (a cold spring after a winter without snow.)

Blech I don't know what I expected mango pumpkin to smell like, but maaaan this is mango pumpkin. That is not a mix that belongs together. I feel awful for saying this, but each sniff makes me want to puke a little bit.

Oh god. I'm not even going to keep sniffing this to pull out other scents. I haven't had a scrubber in forever and this was the last one I expected to scrub. There's more in this - for sure. But juicy ripe mango + wet pumpkin filling is just... omg why is this so pukey for me lol

Trades :eek:

Whoa, Mango-Infused Pumpkin Chai Latte is kind of meaty on me. Not that it actually smells like bacon or anything like that, but it's substantial. Beefy. You'd give it some space on the subway. I don't actually get a lot of mango from it; I guess my skin eats it up. Pumpkin and chai spice, yes, coconut, not really. After a couple of hours I start to be able to make out the mango. This is a pleasant enough scent in the pumpkin genre, definitely for autumnal wear only. I'll try it again in the fall and see if it meshes better with the weather.

In the bottle I get syrupy mango and a bit of cinnamon.  On my skin it's more spice-forward. The pumpkin blends with the mango and mellows it out, a smooth sweet-tart fruity base for the spices. Clove is the first I can detect with cinnamon and ginger close behind. Warm and cozy, not hot and fiery.