Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jupiternf

White Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Coconut

White chocolate, marshmallow, and coconut.

Disclaimer: I have a terrible head cold, but I have been waiting for reviews for the box of chocolates myself and thought any review in a storm, eh?

In the bottle: HELLO sweet coconut, a la pina colada.

On my skin: A gentler coconut- the tropicana effect wears off and I am left with a creamy and innocent blend that has a distinct marshmallow sweetness. No toasted element- just creamy white sugar binge.

Verdict: Will keep my bottle happily, but no need to stock up : I prefer Obatala and Eden's greater complexity. This is not a blend for those who dislike foody scents, obviously.

I really like it!!! It's definately white chocolate not milk or dark chocolate.

Wet: I got the chocolate and coconut

Dry: I'm getting the white chocolate and toasted marshamallow (a little of that burnt or carmalized sugar smell)

Not perfumey at all. Sure to be a big hit with the foodies (like myself :P )

in the bottle, all white chocolate, i wasnt even sure if i'd like it...

on, im selling the coconut, a soft coconut.

synopsis: like a piece of godiva chocolate would be...

I'm sorry, you are all incorrect. The correct answer is - BAILEY'S! This blend smells EXACTLY like Bailey's Irish Cream. It smells fucking awesome

This is exactly what the name promises - creamy white chocolate, lightly toasted coconut (not as toasted as Eden), and fluffy marshmallow. Its a light scent and doesn't last too long on my skin, but its incredibly delicious while it there. :yum:

The white chocolate does have a cocoa quality, which took me by surprise, but it gets a bit lighter as it dries. It smells exactly like you'd expect: lightly toasted coconut, marshmallows (it really smells like marshmallows!), and a light creamy, very faintly chocolaty quality.

It reminds me a lot of Intrigue, only a foodier version with no wood. Definitely try this if you like coconut.

It doesn't seem to last long but it's yummy while it does. It stays kind of close to the skin. I find I can't tolerate a lot of foody scents as perfume (although I love them), because the sweetness becomes nauseating, but this isn't too sugary at all. So far, all of the chocolate box scents have been very wearable.

Edited by naeelah

I was anxious to try White Chocolate, Marshmallow and Coconut and really love the smell so far. I love anything coconutty so I knew I would love this one. It has a nutty base with a light sweetness, with not so much of the coconut but it is still there in the background. Perfect for me because I would rather be understated than aggressive. The White chocolate is light and compliments the coconut perfectly. My favorite of the box of chocolates. :yum:

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! White chocolate BLAST...and....oh! here comes de Marshmallow! Coconut bringing up the rear! The way these 3 scents blend right into each other is absolutely amazing. If you love foody, you will DEFINITELY love this blend! It rocks! :joy:

This one completely broke my heart. Of all the Lupers I was dying to love this one, dying I tell you... :(

This one reminds me of why I dont like chocolate scents with the big exception of Candy Butcher. IMO it smells like fake chocolate, milk chocolate, not white chocolate. I dont smell anything else. Not marshmallow, not coconut. Just fake chocolate :(

Oh my!!! I love this scent!

It starts out very tropical/beachy/suntan lotiony...which I love anyway and will totally wear as perfume....but then....

it turns into coconut macaroons......yummmmmmmm!!!! Very, very delicious...for anyone who likes the sweet/foody blends (like I do!)...you *must* try this...its awesome. One bottle is definitely NOT going to be enough for me!!!!!

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

What's funny is that I'm getting 2 different scents from this (one from each wrist)...on one wrist I'm getting mostly the coconut macaroon vibe (drool)...the other wrist smells more of the white chocolate and marshmallow...very sweet and white....doesn't matter...I love it all!!!!!

:love!:

ETA: my husband wanted me to note that he could smell me when he walked in the door (hello throw!) and he got a lot of coconut from this! Thank goodness he likes it!!

Edited by ladyjc

To me, this smells EXACTLY like the Irish coffee I make. Definitely chocolate in there, but where are the marshmallow and coconut? I'm not getting them, just coffee, chocolate and Irish cream. It smells nice but I'm NOT sure I want to walk around reeking like liquor. I'll try it a few more times before reaching a definite verdict. :D

It's been far too long since I last reviewed anything but when I got this today I new the time had come.

First sniff from the bottle: Mmmm...my nose is detecting the beginning of a beautiful relationship with this bottle full of delicious white chocolaty goodness.

Wet on my skin: Ohhhh yeaaaahhhhhhh..... this is sweet delightful confectionary heaven in a bottle. I get wonderful whiffs of toasted coconutty-marshmallows.

Drydown: I still get the delicious toasted coconut and marshmallow concoction but now i'm also getting a whiff of something that reminds me slightly of Lindt's white chocolate and coconut bar. In other words, YUM!! :thud:

Several hours later I still get soft, sweet whiffs and realize it's my own skin that is making me hungry for white chocolate and coconut. This is absolutely fantastic and I will be on a mission to hunt down another bottle of this gourmet goodness. :wub2:

Edited by lushlovely

My first impression upon sniffing the bottle wasn't very hopeful. I didn't smell anything I expected except maybe a hint of chocolate in there ... somewhere. I decided to be brave and dabbed a little on my wrists.

Wet ... it was still a sharp something or other with a taste of chocolate in the back ground.

Dry down and beyond ... SWEET. Although I don't really pick up on the coconut, there is a sugary sweetness that smells like chocolate (more cocoa though) and marshmellows.

It has a weak throw, but I am sure it will stay pretty close to my skin. Thus, my wrist will be plastered to my nose all day. :wub2:

This was the least favorite of all the chocolate box scents for me. I didn't get any creamy chocolate scent and the marshmallow was not sweet enough either. I had a hard time picking up any coconut. This was the only chocolate scent of the box to go slightly sour on my skin as well (like Bliss does, but like Lump of Coal does not).

In the bottle, this is a white sugared, fluffy smelling sweetness with hints of something like suntan lotion (must be the coconut giving me that impression).

On me, this starts off a bit too aggressive for my tastes. It's a cloying sweetness with a plasticy edge, and an oily, sticky suntan lotion smell to it. In the drydown, the white chocolate starts to smell more like milk chocolate on me again (which I don't mind at all ^_^). The coconut disappears, which I also don't mind, since it wasn't playing very nice on my skin anyhow. I'm left with a strong, sugary vanilla and hints of chocolate. Something about it smells a little sharp & cloying on me, but it's not too bad.

My favorites of the chocolate box are Milk Chocolate Buttercream, White Chocolate Strawberry, and White Chocolate & Sugared Violets. I'll probably keep my bottle of this one, but I won't need a second bottle.

In bottle/imp: Super coconut and some creamy white chocolate in the background.

Immediately on skin: The coconut in this is the main note with the softness of marshmallow and white chocolate in the background. This doesn’t smell very sweet to me… the coconut smells almost like the note in Spooky. This kind of smells like coconut scented cardboard on me.

After a little while: The coconut fades a little, but other than that this scent doesn’t change much.

Overall Impressions: This scent just doesn’t work on my skin unfortunately. It’s not really sweet, and has the same coconut note from Creepy which unfortunately smells like coconut scented cardboard on me. This is dry and slightly creamy, but disappointing.

Right on the skin I am getting the Irish coffee that some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It's alright, but I'm not in love. Irish coffee has always smelled just a little musty to me, just a wee bit.

Ten or fifteen minutes in, whoa!marshmallow :wub2:

I can maybe smell the white chocolate or coconut in the background; I can't quite tell. If it's there, it's blending in quite nicely with the marshmallow. I have smelled a lot of e-tailer marshmallow products, and they are often more miss than hit for me. They are usually too sweet, fake smelling, plastic-y, or just nothing like marshmallow at all, but this-- I must have a bottle! I don't tend to wear foody scents much these days, but it will be a nice scent for just chillin' around the house all comfy cozy in pjs curled up with a good book on rainy days. Total comfort scent. WIN!!!

Homnomnom marshmallow!! This is even more marshmallowy than Marshmallow Poof. It's very creamy and rich--I smell the coconut but it's not taking over the blend; it's just a nice toasty note to keep the marshmallow and chocolate from being too sticky sweet. Really nice and doesn't smell fake at all on me; it's very rich and gooey. Love it!

Sweet and fluffy.

This may be dependent on my monthly chemistry. Yesterday it was a bit soapy and I was surprised. I'd tried it at a will call and I didn't remember it smelling soapy at ALL. Today, though, once it dried down it was fine.

Sweet, creamy, well blended. I like it.

Truly tasty! Wet in the vial, it's overwhelmingly coconut, but immediately upon skin contact, the coconut fades into the background. It's white chocolately, sugary, marshmallow heaven. Reminds me a lot of Midway (at least on my skin). I shall treasure my decant, and (most likely) buy a bottle.

Wet, this is yummy, coconut with a bit of sweet creaminess that I'm guessing is the white chocolate. Dry, this is Midway Resurrected, spitting image to me. I'm not really a foody, and I have my MR, so I'll just enjoy the imp when I'm getting a craving for carnival food.

Another winner. While it starts off boozy, it dries into a creamy coconut and white chocolate blend with just the tiniest hints of marshmallow. It is light, soft and very delicious. I have to agree with Tramp that at the beginning it really does smell like Kahlua or Baileys!

Edited by Schmoozy

I am striking out with the white chocolate notes. :(

To me, this is identical to Obatala... if Obatala were thin and watered down and didn't last very long on the skin.

I love BPAL's coconut blends, but sadly this did not agree with my skin chemistry. My skin amps the coconut to the point where I smell like offbrand sunblock, and that's all I can smell. Sigh. I'm keeping my imp, but I do not need a bottle.

In the bottle: White Chocolate. Nothing else.

On the skin: At first it smells a little like Treat #2 without the fig, just the base notes of the coconut and white chocolate giving it that air about it. Like a bon bon. As it starts to dry, I too am getting a bit of irish cream to it, and I can faintly smell the marshmallow though I had hoped it would be more prominent. Its a lovely scent and I thought this was going to go to the top of my all time favorites list as white chocolate, coconut and marshmallow are my ultimate loved notes.. but I think I may have to reserve that judgement for a while until its aged. Its lovely but its going to go sit in my box for 6 months and we will see how we feel about it then :)