Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Graham crackery and cream cheesy! Cinnamon brown sugary! Just a little carroty!

YESH! First to review!

I fell in love with this when I tried it on last will-call. In fact, I loved it so much that I slathered myself in it and kept getting swoon-worthy whiffs of myself as I was heading home. Then I made not one....not two...but FOUR inquisition orders.

It's very true to the name "pumpkin cheesecake." Warm, sweet, and spicy. Kinda like me! Great throw and pretty decent lasting power. This is perfect for foody fans who may not care for pumpkin on a regular basis. And personally, I think it's a good alternative to Pumpkin Queen if you want something a hair less fruity.

:P I'm so happy! I must hoarde!

It smells vaguely of pumpkin cheesecake.

It's smells more of a real pumpkin scent that is mixed in with the cheesecake smell.

It doesn't morph or turn into anything weird or bad on my skin.

It has little throw not much.

It's an alright blend, not one I would wear though.

I like other bpal or bptp pumpkin blends more than this one.

My nose gives this a 3

BPTPTreat2007PumpkinCheesecake.jpg

Edited by UltraViolet

Mmm! I agree that this is a nice alternative to Pumpkin Queen (one of my favorite scents). Much more pumpkin than cheesecake, with great spices...and a wafting sugar note. Can't wait for fall to kick in so I can wear this!! It's a great uplifting falls scent.

In the bottle I get a warm and spicy true pumpkin cheesecake.

I tested some oil on my skin and also in my hair.

On my skin, the cheesecake, spice, and graham cracker amp up immediately. About 20 minutes after I applied, I noticed a sweet delicious familiar smell wafting about me, and I went in for another sniff of my arm... at that moment one word popped into my mind in large flashing letters: MIDWAY. The pumpkin and spice have vanished, leaving a sweet and shockingly strong cotton candy graham cracker cake scent. Love it.

Sniffing where I applied in my hair, I still get spicy creamy cakey pumpkin. Love it as well.

Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything!!

:P

Omg.

Omg, omg, omg! This is the Bpal I have been dreaming of since I discovered Bpal. A dream come true. True pumpkin pie smell without any fruit and not too buttery. For any of you who read my reviews, pumpkin is my favorite note (I call myself the 'Pumpkin Queen' and for good reason. I am obsessed with pumpkins. The taste, the smell, everything. I have jack o' lanterns tattood all over me and pumpkins all over my house. My hair is dyed 'pumpkin' orange and I have a pumpkin orange PT Cruiser I call the 'Pumpkin-mobile'. Obsessed? You betcha) and a true pumpkin pie scent minus any fruit or too much butter is my dream scent. Well kids, this it it.

Jack was good but too peachy and too much butter. Pumpkin Queen was nice but too fruity. As was Pumpkin Patch #5 2007. (Too much orange/neroli). THIS on the other hand is true Pumpkin pie. Not too much butter, NO extra fruit. Just the pie, crust and all.

I have died and gone to heaven and require at least 5 more bottles of this, lol. This is my new holy grail of all holy grails. I put this on around 6pm and it was wafting strong on me well until 3pm the next day. Talk about staying power! The cheesecake note in this is the same as Beaver Moon. In fact this is just like Beaver Moon, just with pumpkin spice instead of what ever fruit was in BM. This is pumpkin perfection!

Edited by requieminblack

n bottle: Very lush pumpkin-spicy.

On me: I don't get the sourness I get from real-life cheesecake. To me, this is pumpkin pie all the way, baby. Delicious! The pumpkin note is dominant, of course, but I also get pumpkin pie spices and, yes, even the brown sugar and graham-cracker crust. This is amazing stuff! It lingers through the evening, with a vanilla note emerging during drydrown but not taking over.

When you smell this in the bottle, it smells like pure candy and bakery - don't let that fool you though :P At first when I put it on, I got all cheesecake - and I was like, yay, Beaver Moon - but then the spicy came up and the carrot note - and then I hated it for about 20 minutes - it smelled like a very cheap candle. I was already going through things in my head that I could swap it for (hehe)

30 minutes later...content sigh...now it's all warm and creamy with just a hint of exotic spice. Foodies and non-foodies could find something here :D

My review straight out of the mailbox......

At first this is very buttery on me. It's the same buttery pumpkin note that I recognize from Pumpkin Queen and Jack. That strong buttery-ness fades back a lot after about 15 minutes (which is the same thing it does in PQ and Jack), and the other notes start coming out. So delicious! The hype is all true.....basically, if you think you'll like this, you most likely will. I can smell the creamy cheesecake component, sweet and slightly spicey pumpkin, and I think I can even smell that graham cracker crust part, too (unless that's just the power of suggestion!). This scent is very rich, just like the dessert itself, with a strong throw.....and lasts for hours.

Really nothing more to add, except that this probably fills my desire for a good Pumpkin scent quite nicely! I most likely don't need bottles of the Pumpkin Patch scents now, although I will enjoy my decants that are coming.

Edit: I meant to say also, Pumpkin Cheesecake kept reminding me of Flossing, the Possets scent. I'm not sure why.....maybe there's some vanilla, and quite possibly some ginger, in PC.

Edited by Forspecial Plate

Pumpkin Cheesecake (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: Pumpkin and spices and butter and creaminess. Evokes Jack quite a bit. So far noooo problem with any of this. :D

Wet: Pumpkin and butter. Smells very much like Jack. I would have loved Jack but it betrayed me by going musty on my skin in a short time. Let's see. So far delicious.

Dry: A little bit of must comes out, but not bad! For some reason I get a better impression of this than I do of Jack's long-term, though they are very similar. If anyone asked me if they should try to get this I'd say they could grab Jack as a GC and come pretty close, but something seems fractionally different. Maybe that's just because I know I paid more for it? :P

Overall: A delicious scent; very like Jack but less musty in the long-term.

Sweet, buttery pumpkin that almost immediately on the skin morphs and becomes more spiced while retaining the sweet. Initially, and for quite a while, I get no hint of creamy cheesecake. The spicy pumpkin stays for a long time, the sweetness slowly fading. Eventually, after several hours, I am left with a beautiful, sweet, creamy vanilla scent that is soft but lingers. I love the final stage the best, but the others are growing on me, and I'm definitly keeping it. :P

Jack kicked my a--er, nose--it was so strong. It smelled like intense pumpkin swimming in butter. Aside from the pumpkin commonality, they don't smell alike at all to me. Pumpkin Cheesecake is pumpkin, very creamy pumpkin. Not very spicy at all. Just sweet, rich goodness. Light and lovely.

I don't know...I like it well enough, it's really nice. But I don't know that I'm enough of a pumpkin scent conoisseur to fully appreciate this. Especially when there are so many pumpkin scents already this time of year. The jury's still out :P.

straight sniff from imp is cream cheesey pumpkin...just like the lab description...

once applied the graham bellies right up the the bar along with a touch of carrot...

excellent! all the notes play perfectly together...

this is a totally rad blend for halloween :P

YAY! I got Pumpkin Cheesecake for my Treat plea! The one I wanted!!

:P

When I sniffed this in the bottle I thought it smelled like a cross between Jack and Egg Nog. I was very eager to try it on, but I was a little afraid because Egg Nog didn't work on me. Sometimes foody scents have a tendency to smell a bit plastic-y on me, and not like the creamy goodness they're supposed to smell like. Beaver Moon is one of the few BPAL foody scents that smells good on me (very good, in fact), so I was really hoping the cheesecake part of this one would be good on me too.

For the first few minutes it smelled like mostly pumpkin with some sweetness, reminding me a little of Pumpkin Patch #4, my favorite pumpkin scent ever. As it dried, the cheesecake part came out more. Well, mostly the graham cracker crust part and not so much cheesecake. It doesn't smell like pumpkin pie, it's definitely a cheesecake scent. The pumpkin is that sweet lovely pumpkin -- dry-ish like in Pumpkin Queen rather than buttery like in Jack. It smells great!

I really love this, and I'm thrilled that it works on me!

This is Jack + Beaver Moon. It really smells like Beth literally took the two and just shook them together, cackled in delight at her ability to fool us all, and then went dancing in the time when she was supposedly laboriously blending a "new" scent :D :D Haha, nothing but love for you Beth!

I seriously love this one. I don't think it smells like cheesecake, because I never really thought Beaver Moon smelled like cheesecake. Just like awesome.

The drydown is less Jack-like and more Beaver Moon like. Like a slightly sweeter, smoother, creamier Beaver. Mmm, creamy beaver.

Can you tell I love it? :P

:P Upon the first smell from the bottle: A slight hint of pumpkin with a little spice. The pumpkin is not overbearing at all. (to me)

Initially when wet it smells like spiced eggnog. I also smell a little bit of pumpkin with a hint of caramel.

On the dry down- it reminds me of sugar cookies with a little bit of spice.

After having it on all day(about 10hours) it smells like vanilla pudding.

I have to say I love love love this scent. It is strong enough to smell but not too overpowering-it does have a soft side to it but not so soft you can't smell it. Cause even after having it on for 10 hours I could still smell it! :D

bottle: pumpkin cheesecake but with mounds of whipped cream, gooey marshmallow and syrup all over it. it smelled so sweet i wasn't sure it would smell good on me.

wet: it smelled just like spicy pumpkin pie.

dry: i could smell the graham crackery bit with the spices. faint but still nice.

this arrived on the same day as my bpal order full of pumpkin plunder. it was a very pumpkiny day for me .

Oh god! Oh gooodddd! This is BEAVER MOON (the old version) + pumpkin!!!!! :P If you've been wanting to try the Beav, this is a more-than-acceptable substitute.

It smells like pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. It. Is. So. Good. And just look at that cute little cheesecake slice on the label. Aww!

Must hoard! :D

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

Wet: In the bottle I smell cheesecake and pumpkin. Yum!

Dry on Skin: For the first while I get pumpkin cheesecake. It is dead on, and I love it! This is more pure pumpkin than "Jack" pumpkin. As time passes, more and more spice comes out to complement the pumpkin. Despite the spice, which sits on top of the other notes, the cheesecake aspect is not lost. This is very much like Beaver Moon, with a pumpkin twist!

As time passes I get a touch of brown sugar and graham cracker. They just barely peek out as the pumpkin and cheesecake scent starts to slowly fade from my skin. The spice is the last to go.

This is fun, foody, and decadent. I love it so much!

I received an imp of this from GirlinDenial (who I thank very much for).

In the imp: pumpkin and spices

Wet: whiff of graham crackers, pumpkin, spices

Dry: Very graham crackery with a touch of brown sugar and it actually smells like raw pumpkin to me. I always make my own pumpkin pies from fresh pumpkins and that is what this smells like to me when I am cutting the pumpkin up getting it ready to roast. It is very light and not over powering at all. It does last a long time too and lingers, I kept smelling it and had to keep reminding myself what it was. Very pleasant and perfect going into fall and winter.

God, I love this! It's pumpkin cheesecake, really creamy, with a graham cracker crust. Oh, my! So very yummy-smelling!

(And I think I've used up a month's supply of exclamation points on this. Worth it, though.)

This is more pumpkin than cheesecake but I don’t care. It smells delicious.

I think I must be having pumpkin overload because I’m having a hard time articulating the differences between them. Nonetheless, I can tell the difference, but only after a while. At first, it’s delicious sweetened pumpkin with stuff. When wet (and in the imp too), I think I can smell the cheesecake but then the sweet pumpkin swallows it up and stays the dominant note. I must amp pumpkin. But after a while, I swear I can smell the graham cracker crust in amongst all the pumpkin goodness. Either way it’s good. Really good.

ok wow this is exactly what i'd hoped it would be - a clean, sweet but not terribly sweet, totally pumpkin. Pumpkin queen without the spice, maybe the pumpkin is smaller and it's sitting next to a half-eaten slice of cream-cheese-chiffon cake. The cheesecake is not strong, it just adds a touch of fullness and creamyness and sweetness to the lovely pumpkin. The scent doesen't kit you like a ton of bricks or anything, but it has good staying power. perfection!

For someone who was worrying that she didn't like the pumpkin note i was pleasantly surprised with my inquisition!

YUMMMMM.

This scent is delicious.

The pumpkin is quite strong when i first put it on and the bottle smells very strongly of it. Its a nice buttery pumpkin that isn't overripe, very nice!. It stay soft though and not overly sweet at all. It mellows on my skin and then i can smell the cheesecake. I can't stop smelling myself when i put this on and it definatley makes me crave cheesecake. When it settles down and mellows it makes me want to lick it. I love it so much because it really feels like you can smell the different parts of the cheesecake as you inhale. The gorgeous sweet, cheesy creamy pumpkin filling and then the almost slightly savory cookie-like base. I love this and i am convinced that there is nothing that would have suited me more from the inquisition. The staying power of this one is also something to note because it has stayed on me most of the day so far. I feel so lucky to have this. Cutest little slice of pie on the label. I am going to have to hunt the old Beaver moon like a fiend if it smells anything like this...

mmmmmmmmm pie :P

Edited by khiseer

I've been remiss in my reviews and wanted to add before they're gone that this is a really lovely batch of Inquisitions -- get some before they go!

Pumpkin Cheesecake is likely my favorite of the Treats.

In the bottle:

Buttery, creamy, pumpkin-y and a little bit of spice.

On:

I actually get a decent waft from this which is fairly rare for me. It almost immediately goes to much more pumpkin pie spice and a bit of buttery creaminess.

There's a graham-cracker pumpkin and spice stage and then it seems to fade a bit closer to the skin and I get maybe a bit of the sweet sourness of cheesecake but again mostly pumpkin and spice.

However, after a full dry down...

I remember on my first application of this I was impressed with the waft and then it died down and I went on to other things and then sometime afterwards went, "Gods! What is that beautiful smell!"

On me this goes to the most lovely sugary pumpkin spice, a rich and beautiful spice. The winter pie spice to end all spices without being too foody or anything of the sort. It's gorgeous. I was huffing my arm uncontrollably. I want 10 bottles so that I can pour them on myself and just wait for it to dry.

Sooooo good. The love.

Edited by SueDonym

:P Oh glorious Pumpkin Chessecake!! My dream scent!

My first thought was Jack, with a creamy cheesecake base. There is a wonderful, pumpkiny, carroty undertone, and the cream cheese overtones are subtle but delicious. The cheesecake note in this is not as "in your face" as the one that is in Beaver Moon; this one is a bit softer and more sugary rather than sharp.

This dries down to gorgeous mess of pumpkiny sweet delight reminescent of Pumpkin Queen.

I LOVE IT!!!

Yay! :D