Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Pumpkin Cheesecake

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE -- Graham crackery and cream cheesy! Cinnamon brown sugary! Just a little carroty!

Origin: sniffie sent with my decants in eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I was very interested in this one, but do not have the disposable income to try the various Inquisitions.

In the Bottle: Oh, wow...gorgeously sweet pumpkin and cream and vanilla... :P

Wet: The spices hit immediately, so I'm almost overwhelmed with gingerbready foody spices.

Drydown: The pumpkin reasserts itself a little, but this is still all about the foody spicy-sweet crust on me.

Verdict: I'm glad I got to try it and if I ever get the chance at a bottle for a reasonable price when I'm flush with cash, I might nab it.

Guh. This is SO good. It's sweet creamy pumpkin with a buttery crust. I wasn't expecting this, as other scents purported to have a buttery crust (Crumpet Rebellion comes to mind) had nothing, but THIS...this is wonderful. It makes me want to go bake a pumpkin cheesecake.

I think the comparisons to Pumpkin Queen and Jack are spot-on, but with those I also get other scents (ginger/orange for PQ and peach for Jack). This one, again, is pretty much sugary buttery pumpkin with a hint of spices in the crust.

Wet: divine; smells more like carrot cake with that delicous cream cheese frosting...

Dry: Whoa. The cinnamon has taken over everything; I feel like potpourri. This is not good...

Two hours later: Gorgeous; the cinnamon stage passed and the creamy sugary carrot cake is back, but not as intense as wet stage. Lovely.

In the vial: Sweet pumpkin cheesecakey goodness.

On skin: A gentle bakery sweetness. I'm not usually fond of pumpkin scents, but so far this is nice. Warm and comforting.

~1.5 hours: Initially the pumpkin amped up and took the forefront of the blend, adding a dusty, slightly sickly feel to it. An hour and a half later, it's calmed down a lot, probably at least in part due to the fact that it's significantly fainter than it was before. There's still a dusty feel to the blend, which rather detracts from the warm foody scent underneath.

The second time I tested it, I got very little in the way of dust, and it was just warm foody goodness. Overall, it's a lovely scent, but not one I'd see myself wearing often. And so, considering it's rarity, I think it's better off finding a new home.

Wow, 10/10 for verisimilitude! This blend is super-rich. There is a sweet, creamy milky note which reminds me of Sweet Milk by the Body Perfumery. This, however, is much more complex. Wet, I get a buttery almost cheesy tang which makes me feel hungry. However, unlike Jack, this scent is not cloyingly rich. And unlike Jack, I don't turn this into 'peach ass' :P

Nope, Pumpkin Cheesecake is a really special pumpkin blend. Whilst it does lose much of its richness on my skin, I'm surprised to note that it doesn't become burnt. Ultimately I think Pumpkin King is more wearable, but this is so decadent. This is special enough to keep around for an instant gooey cake fix! :D

Hmm. I was SO EXCITED to find an affordable bottle of this, and I snatched it up. I had hiiiiigh hopes.

But unfortunately, it smells... just like Jack. Which I can get for $15, any old time I want.

BPAL's pumpkin note is VERY distinctive, and a little too tartly sweet for me. When Pumpkin Cheesecake goes on, it smells nearly identical to Jack, though there is a sweet creaminess that is definitely identifiable. About an hour after it dries, I can definitely smell a small touch of graham cracker.

This is nice, but it's just not AMAZING on my skin like other BPAL scents are. I really wish there had been a bit more cinnamon and spices.

Imp: lots of buttery pumpkin and creamy foody notes. Delish.

Wet: A lot like Jack, with a bit of a tangy cheesiness to it. And some spicy graham crackers. YUMMY!

Dry: Unfortunately, what I get is cream cheesy jack (yum) over burning (yuck). Yup, this is one of the foody blends where one of the notes goes to burny plastic on me. Ah well, I suppose its for the best, since its such a bugger to find/afford. :P

This is alot like Jack, and I adore Jack.

Spicy, a touch of pumpkin, vanilla graham crackers and a hint of brown sugar. It's creamy and its foody.

I detect tiny bits of carrot from time to time which surprisingly add a bit of dimension to the pumpkin/floody blend.

At times I reminded of Jack and the illustrious Pumpkin Queen.

Edited by Schmoozy

It's very much pumpkin,which I adore,but I wish I got more of the cheesecake in it.I was picturing something like a cross between Pumpkin Patch #1 and Beaver Moon but it's more like Jack mixed with Gunpowder.Like I said,I still absolutely love it,just not what I expected.I plan on ordering a White Rabbit locket as a Yule present to myself so I'll have to try it in there and see if I like it even more.On a scale of 1-10,this is a 9.

Oh god, this is pumpkin goodness - with just a hint of cheesecake and graham crackers.

I would never wear this scent because it's so realistic, I'd crave cheesecake all the time.

I'm so hungry right now...

I never got to try this when I came out, and I just got a decant of it.

It's starts out REALLY cheesecaky. WOW the cheesecake. And i'm like....... where're the pumpkin. A little while later I snoff my wrist, and the cheesecake is gone, and I have pumpkin. It's kinda a you get one then the other scent, like how with fresh knave of hearts it starts out the black current tarts it morphs to rose.

I'm glad I just got a decant of the stuff, I probably won't wear this enough to warrent a full bottle. Personally, I prefer Pumpkin 1 form the 2007's, it stays a blended sent the whole way though.

i missed this when it was out, and have been wanting to try it ever since - thanks to a fantastic swap, now i have my own little vial of this!

thankfully, i don't need a bottle.... just this little bit will do me fine. it smells very much like Pumpkin Queen + Sugar Cookie layered. which i like, don't get me wrong! but overall this (Pumpkin Cheesecake) is a bit too spicy and pumpkin-pie like for me. i was hoping for sweeter and creamier.

and i'm afraid that after this test-wearing i'll have to use this exclusively in a locket, because something in this is threatening to go all plasticky.

I received a freebie bottle with enough to test courtesy of monet! Like many, I enjoy the Cheesecake, but it doesn't bowl me over. It starts with a lovely cheesecakey, pumpkin-informed aroma and then that delicious pastry note comes in, which must be representing the graham cracker crust. This lasts for about an hour, and unfortunately, the scent doesn't stay rich and round, but falls flat and probably a bit "plastic-y" as I imagine some people conceive it. I have compared this and Pumpkin Queen (my favorite of all the pumpkin scents) side by side. I still favor Pumpkin Queen as the scent of choice. It has something spicy and exciting about it that the Cheesecake lacks, and it smells like a genuine perfume, not a novelty. I wouldn't say no to owning Pumpkin Cheesecake, but I wouldn't trade my Queen for it :)

This is pure WIN for me! Full of awesomeness and baked goodness. THis is among my top 3 scents. Its pure awesomeness and it smells exactly like my kitchen does when I bake my Pumpkin Cheesecake. Its delicious, and spicy and pumkin-y and graham-ny. Its just made out of win! What else can I say!? :wub2:

In the bottle: Sweet and buttery. Vanilla and cake and rich, tangy cream cheese.

Wet: Sweeter and spicier. I get an almost fruity note that must be the carrot - it's very nice. Cinnamon, now, and an edge of brown sugar.

Dry: Fading in sweetness, and less tangy. Uhh...apple? That's how the carrot is turning on me. Also, this has become more buttery (pumpkin-y?).

Later: This actually smells like pumpkin! The first time ever that I've gotten that and not just BUTTER. This is also not cloying sweet or intensely foody.

Summary: Softly cinnamon-spiced slightly buttery pumpkin, sweet carrot and creamy vanilla frosting on drydown. Suprisingly nice. Decent throw.

Mmmmm...this is delicious smelling! It really is like a creamier, richer, and foodier Pumpkin Queen. This has great throw and lasts much longer than PQ on my skin. While I adore the regal amber drydown of PQ, I have to say that in my book Pumpkin Cheesecake reigns supreme. It is a rare treat to find a blend so richly foody that doesn't turn cloying or plastic on my skin. This is perfection! :wub2:

I died when I saw this scent. I am OBSESSED with anything pumpkin.

This is just what the name states, pumpkin cheesecake on me. Sweet sweet pumpkin cheesecake. Nothing like Pumpkin Queen at all from what other reviews claim.

I cherish my bottle!! :joy:

I bought this imp along with a bunch of other rares from a very generous forumite!

This scent shows me what genius takes place in the lab!

It's exactly what the label says - a pumpkin-flavoured cream-cheesecake filling in graham-cracker base! And it's really really delicious.

That said, I'll probably never wear this. So I think it might go in the sales pile...

In the bottle: Buttery crust, some sugar, a hint of pumpkin cheesecake.

Wet: I was a bit bothered by all those comparisons to Jack (which turned to rancid butter on me and I couldn't wait to wash it off!), but thank goodness this is nothing like on me. I'm getting all the notes that I sniffed in the bottle, but the spices are really coming to the forefront, the ones that I didn't sniff before. The cinnamon is the main culprit here.

The dry-down: The cinnamon is still a top note, but it's being slowly tamed by the sugar. At the moment, this reminds me of a very, very sweet and spicy pumpkin cheesecake (we are still working on ours from Thanksgiving dinner and then the dessert party of yesterday). The buttery crust is also making a nice appearance now. If you find that some pumpkin blends can be too pumpkiny, this is probably the scent for you. I like it and will wear it next autumn, but the half-bottle is plenty and I don't feel the need to look for more. This is more elegant and less foodie than expected.

I love cinnamon, but it's becoming obvious that I do amp it somewhat.

This is very true to pumpkin cheesecake--it smells exactly, and I really mean exactly, like the one I had at Maggiano's last week. My skin tends to do well with cream/dairy notes, and the spiced pumpkin and cream cheese are in a smooth and perfect balance. Also, the delicious honey graham cracker crust really shines through! I'm a sucker for dessert-foody scents, and this is one of my all-time BPAL faves :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

Pumpkin sugary sweetness. Smells like a very potent scented candle. Nice to eat but not to wear.

I hate pumpkin. I really hate it, the buttery-ness of it. So putting on Pumpkin Cheesecake meant having to smell it. Fortunately, the buttery pumpkin phase is shortlived and the blend takes a decidedly sweet turn. When it dried, I smelled cookies sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Not bad, but I don't know if going through that pumpkin phase is worth it.

Wow.. true to description. Got a sniffie of this and attempted to squeeze a little onto my skin.. creammmmmy, sugary, pumpkin, syupy. Yum. Thankfully I tend towards spicier earthier sweetness (samhain, hetairae etc).

If I was a true foodie smell addict, I'd be in a terrible furvor right now desperately searching for a bottle.

Spicy Pumpkin pie-y cheesecake. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, so this went off to swaps.

:joy: =D

I like the idea of the pumpkin scents in theory, but usually they are ALL pumpkin or ALL spice on me. This one is different. It is the sweetest, smoothest, creamiest, soft spiced pumpkin. Of all the pumpkins I've tried since I've started BPAL, I've kept two. And this one is my favorite. Its foody without being so heavy that I wont wear it. Its pumpkin without being earthy or heavy spice or butter chunks. Love. :wub2: