Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jester:

Huckleberry and red currant with the incisive bite of neroli.

In the Vial: Candyish / BUbblegummy

Wet: I can smell the Currant in it, at first I thought it was strawberries... That might be the huckleburry tho.

Dry: I can smell the Currant in it even stronger, and the Strawberryish scent is still there, very yummy!

Conclusion: I love this! If you like this, you'd prolly like Bon Vivant, too...

Wet: Juicy-fruity and sweet!

Dry: Still the sweet, juicy scents but it is also soapy. :P

8 hours: Sadly this turned sharp and soapy on me. *sigh*

In the imp: Berries. Juicy berries bursting with sweetness.

Wet: Holy cow! This is the craziest berry scent I've ever tried! I'm drenched in berry juice!

Drydown: The berry note is tempered by the neroli. It's still strong, but not as overpoweringly berry as before.

Final thoughts: I really like this scent, but I'm going to have to try it a few times. I've been sneezing and sniffling all morning and I'm really hoping it's not because of this blend. :P

My first review, so apologies if it;s not any good.

This one is so sweet, but not sickly sweet, and that's good. There's also something there (could be the neroli) that kind of brings the sweetness down to earth.

I haven't stopped smeeling my wrist all day. This is certainly a first as i don't normally like the sweet, fruity scents. Am oh so pleasantly surprised :P

JUICY! great googly moogly, this is all berries, lush sweet berries, like soending an afternoon picking and getting your hands all sticky and sweet, the way it clings to you, almsot becomes part of your skin...that is jester. it is sweet almost reminecent of razzles gum but not quite. this is a big bottle for sure

I am totally in to this scent, I already bought a 5ml of it. It smells like everything a warm, lazy summer afternoon in the country stands for. Huckleberries so ripe they are about the explode in your hands! This smell makes me feel silly and young. I'm really into the strong berry smells, but if you are not this one is probably not for you. It gets a big :P :D :D from me!

Jester

A pretty strawberry, but a distinct plastic note comes out after a few minutes. And stays.

I keep sniffing my hand to smell other notes, but strawberry-scented-plastic is all I get. (The plastic does fade after an hour).

It evokes visiting friend's country houses in summer when I was a child - strawberry lip gloss, strawberry-flavored surgery juice, strawberry-scented dolls, strawberry potpourris in the bathroom - friendly, innocent kid stuff.

I like fruit notes enough to still want to wear this a few more times (maybe to try blending it with other scents), but I'll be sticking to just the one imp.

This smells very sweet and juicy in the vial, good enough to eat.

For about the first hour that I'm wearing this, it smells like a fruity bubblegum. Like Juicy Fruit, perhaps, but with more of a berry/plum twist to it.

Then I forgot that I was wearing the fragrance and absentmindedly sniffed my wrist, "Mmm... Midwinter's Eve." Then I caught myself and remembered that no, I was not wearing Midwinter's Eve. But Jester definitely turns into that familiar candied sugarplum sweetness on me. But where Midwinter's Eve has a wet frosty quality to it, Jester has more of a powdery dry candy scent.

Still, they both smell sugar plummy on me. I like Midwinter's Eve more than Jester, but I do really like both of them.

I was thankful that Jester never smelled of strawberry on me :P

I think this is one of my favorite berry scents. There is the sweet ripening bite of berry, tempered by the sharp tang of neroli. I think it keeps the whole from becoming too sugary or sticky. There's a plum sort of note underneath it all. This scent is very fruity without being sticky sweet.

mmmm fruitness I know that isn't a real word, but I'm using it.

I personally really like the scent of neroli. It gets a little pushed into the background by the fruits, but I like fruitness.

I ended up with two of these imps. I'm definitely keeping one and we'll see about the other.

Jester, jester, oh how I love thee.... :P

Initially I really loathed Jester, thinking it reminded me too much of the failed Bon Vivant, but after a week or two, this sucker became my passionate, obsessive love.

Jester is pure fruity goodness on me. Hell if I know what fruits or whether there are any flowers in here, but daaammnnn if it isn't wickedly wonderful. It's super-strong and lasts a pretty good amount of time on my skin, but I can't wait to get a 5mL and make a spray.

Absolutely perfect for summer. Even as strong as it is, it's not cloying or smothering in the heat..just refreshingly sweet and perky. :D

Very berry. Sweet, almost strawberry. Then the biting note (neroli, I assume) emerges. I don't know why, but it reminds me of an acquaintance of mine--she's reasonably intelligent, but acts stupid to attract men, and then traps them in passive-aggressive manipulations. I'm not sure if that's me describing the scent, but I suppose it could be an appropriate comparison. In general, it's nice and inoffensive, but not fantastic for me.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Berry candy.

In the imp/bottle: Sweet and fruity with a floral touch.

On skin, wet: Sweet berries and citrus. Exceedingly fruity, almost candy-ish.

On skin, dry: Syrupy berry now. I like berry well enough, but never one so achingly sweet.

Conclusion: This seems like the perfume of a pop music-loving pre-teen, or sweet young girl, but not for me.

Edited by Aredhel

Bottle (Imp): Ooh, another sweet scent.

Just On: Mostly sweet with some green to it.

An hour or two later: This gets greener as time goes by.

Around 6 hours: Yummm, Jester is yummy.

12 hours: It's gone now, and I miss it.

Overall: This is a wonderful scent. It makes me feel bubbly when I wear it, and I like that. It also morphs into a lovely sweet green scent.

After reading other reviews: Picture me in jester clothes, and you have how I feel when I wear this. Muahahahaha. I'm not sure where the green comes from, but it works, and it's lovely. I didn't quite get the candy scent that others did, but this is still headed for the big bottle list (you know, for when I win the lottery and can buy one or two if everything).

Berries, apples, pears and something "unkown" extra mystery. Im buying a bottle as it will surely be a favorite that I intend to wear often :P

In the bottle:

Very sweet and fruity, kind of an appley smell, but like an artificial apple smell, not a fresh tart or juicy one.

On me:

This is very sweet and has a general fruity/berry smell to it. It strikes me as kind of a candle-y smell, the fruit doesn't come off as smelling really "natural" on me, and smells rather artificial (at least on my skin). The neroli never seems to come through on this, just what I'm guessing is the huckleberry and currant.

Final note:

Too sweet for my tastes, but this would make a really nice room scent, which is exactly what I intend on keeping this imp for! :P

EDIT: I think there must be some apple in this at least, because the more this wears down, the more I catch an apple smell.

Edited by Brianne

Delicious! This is sweet, juicy berries with the barest hint of a bite. I had this on for an hour before I ordered a big bottle. I just couldn't stop smelling myself the entire time I was wearing this.

Jester was another lagniappe from the lab that I wouldn't have ordered because I'm not a fruity scent girl, by and large.

In the imp it smells like banana to me, weirdly, and it stays that way for a while on my skin. Bananas and apple, I get that too. Then it goes to a sweet berry candy smell like I thought it would.

Yep, Jester isn't me at all. To the swap pile.

In Bottle: Candied fruit.

On Skin: This is a bit cotton candyish. I love it!! Yum! I have been searching for a BPAL cotton candy scent and this is the closest yet that didn’t morph into pure bubble gum. The huckleberry and red currant are juicy and sweet. The neroli gives a powdery exotic depth which also gives warmth which makes it more like cotton candy. Warm, fruity, pink sugar…. Delicious!

very sweet, which is good! In vial, very strong. But on skin, it mellows out into a sort of cotton candy smell. IMO it blends very well with my silky underwear powder fom lush!!

Jester

In the bottle - very sweet and fruity. Once on it pretty much stays incredibly sweet and fruity - much like a jolly rancher or those gummy fruit candies. I haven't a clue what huckleberries smell like so I'm not sure if that's what makes it so candy-like. Unlike another oil that reminded me of jolly ranchers this doesn't become too cloying. I don't think I'd get a big bottle of this but I'll keep the imp for those irreverent moments.

This was an Imp I received with my last order, I had no idea waht the notes were. Out of the vial, the fruity smell suprised me. Jester is such a fitting name. This scent is fun, playful, and child-like.

Has a sweet strawberry smell to it, very candy-like. The smell lasts and stays the same on your skin. A few hours later I was still smelling strawberry all over myself.

This is something I'd give my little sister as a gift, not a scent I would wear on a regular basis, however I do like it a lot.

Bottle: Very sweet and fruity. Berryish bubblegum?

Wet: Watermelon jolly rancher. Smells like artificial fruit candy--maybe not watermelon, perhaps grape/berry of some sort.

Dry: Berry car airfreshners.

Overall: Sweet, and not unpleasant. But it went artificial and is way too much berry for me. I was hoping to have the neroli come out, but I never really smelled it. Sweet and fun, but off to swaps nonetheless.

Since I like fruity, this was on my wishlist. I got this imp in a swap.

In the imp, I get that candied fruit smell that I've gotten from other BPAL scents with berry notes. Kind of like Pez, or as someone else said, razzles. That's it though. No sign of my dreaded adversary fierce neroli.

On my skin, still the candied fruit, more identifiable as berries, but just a tad bit dry and sharp. I'm assuming that it's the neroli cowering behind the currants and huckleberries. Hmmm is there some kind of very light musk in here? Because I'm getting a sense of something a very tiny bit musky here. Not bad, but it's not rocking my socks off, unless that little sniff of musk rises to the surface, that would make me happy.

Well it's dried down now, and sat on my skin for a while. I'm kind of sad, because now it smells like Bon Vivant. I don't mind fruity scents, but this one is only okay on my skin. I'll stick with my "nice on ice" Bon Vivant.