Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Huckleberry and red currant with the incisive bite of neroli.

In the bottle - Neroli and a candyish fruit that I presume is huckleberry.

Wet on me - Slightly tart bubblegum.

Dry on me - Red fruity and juicy.

Overall - I like this, but I've had others like it and I don't tend to wear them.

Thoroughly delicious. This reminds me of some fruity chewy candy from Taiwan I had once...purple and juicy berries. It starts out with a lot of throw but calms down in a few minutes to something a little less loud. Doesn't have the greatest staying power but it's such a pleasure to dab another drop on my wrists that I don't mind touching it up every few hours.

This is a very summery scent; I'll enjoy the imp in these last few weeks of hot weather and add this to the "order a bottle sometime next spring" I'm working on.

And this has prompted me to order an imp of Akuma to try next!

Bottle: fruity fruit fruit, sweet, and by sweet I don't mean sah-WEET, but OMG where did you get that car air freshener?

Wet: the bite appears, but still very curranty.

Dry: much the same.

Later: Anyone remember Huckleberry Pie dolls? This, on me, is that scent, plasticy undertone and all. Gah.

Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry." Sorry, couldn't resist.

I get mostly huckleberry and currant, which may be a good thing because my skin doesn't always do nice things with neroli.

For me, it might be a little too fruity to wear out and about as a scent, but it could be lovely just for me on one of those dreary, late-winter days when it seems like spring will never come. It's bright, pretty and cheerful.

Mmmm... juicy red currants!! Oh, this smells so good and fruity. Very sweet and berry-ish. I like this one very much and will definitely be snatching up a bottle.

Smells like a candle on me. =( No juicy fruits, but the second-hand fruit-and-spice scent that you get around the holidays.

Bottle: Bubblicious bubblegum!

Wet: yep, fruity bubblegum

Dry: fruity, berry, bubblegum

This blend is all sweet berry on me. A fine blend, but I prefer Bewitched, with its sage to counter the berry sweetness.

This smells like fresh strawberries from start to finish - wet, dry and all stages in between. It never turns fake like a stratch n' sniff sticker. Just very pure, sweet strawberry. If I hadn't smelled Hollywood Babylon first I would probably buy a bottle of Jester, but I prefer the strawberry incense of HB over the simple fruit of Jester. Good stuff though!

In the imp, berries and currant - playful and sweet. On me wet, this is almost candle wax scented: sweet but dry and extremely herbal, like a tart berry tea. Tea, tea, teateateateatea!!! This is lovely wonderful fresh hot herbal tea! Drying, the neroli has a bit of a show, but the huckleberry keeps sitting on top of it. After it's fully dried, this loses a lot of it's charm, the neroli is out in force. Making the sweet berry/red herb notes brittle and sour. Like stale tea leaves almost. Hmm, not so much. *sigh*

Unfortunately, this scent has the same problem that I have with Bon Vivant, the fruit scent smells fake. It's ok as a scent though, but because the huckleberry is what I primarily get out of it, it just doesn't smell right.

I would probably like this better if it didn't have neroli in it. Mostly this is very berry, but the neroli is putting a sour note in there that's detracting from the fruit. It's a sharp berry, very crisp.

This was a frimp from the lab, and I'm so glad they included it since I doubt I would have picked it on my own. It's just so yummy. Lots of sweet, fruity berries. I'll definitely have to wear this one in moderation so that the berries aren't overwhelming, but it'll be perfect for summer. :P

Edited by jade_starlight

In vial: sweet berries, with an astringent edge.

on skin: Candy sweet. I don't think this is going to be the exception to my body's "sickly sweet berries" rule.

drydown: very sweet candy berries. It's nice though, not sickly surprisingly enough. Neroli never made an appearance. It's ok, but nothing amazing.

This started out smelling exactly like the Cotton Candy Bubblicious that I chewed all the time as a kid, and ended up smelling exactly like Strawberry Bubblicious (which I never chewed as a kid, on account of yuck). And in between it turned into this awful sour/bitter thing trying and failing to be disguised by a layer of powdery artificial sugar.

Me and Jester just plain don't get along. However, on the sister, it's all sweet fruits and berries, which is presumably what it's meant to do.

As Bangles said in the previous review, Jester is strawberry Bubblicious bubblegum. Cloying, sticky, artificial-smelling strawberry bubblegum. I would have loved this blend when I was ten or so, but now that I'm staring down the barrel of thirty, I really don't want to smell like bubblegum. Throw and staying power are enormous.

in the vial: fruity sugary berries

wet on skin, the sugared part amps a lot, it becomes too sweet, almost chemical, a bit rancid (same things happens with Bon Vivant )

It stays this way for a long, then the sugar mellows out a bit and the berries come out again.

It has a good throw and staying power. I like it in the end phase but the intermediate lasts too long :/

In the imp: candied currants.

On the skin - bubblegummy berry sweetness.

This is much too "juice fruit gum" for me - but I think my daughter might like it...

OMGggah this is the fruity scent I've been searching for! :P

Most fruit scents turn way too cloying on me, but Jester is tart, juicy, ripe and beautiful.

I get a real peachy "feel" to it, even though I don't smell any. It's really smooth and golden.

Big bottle!

I got this as a frimp and thank goodness I did because I'd written it off because of the neroli. Thank you thank you, lab!

Juicy berries, not very dark or over ripe, just perfect. It smooths out to something I'd like to call bubblegummy, but isn't quite... just round, sweet and chewy in the same way. I'm wearing this while drinking organic Himalayan Blackberry wine and feel very lucky.

This started off smelling like the darkest most luscious raspberries (which I'm guessing is the huckleberry). it's a sweet scent but darkly, fruity sweet.

then it gets just a tiny bit of tartness to it--but enough to make it smell a bit like eating the pink starburst (which I love!)....and then something a tiny bit herbal pops up. I'm getting very pretty wafts of it as I'm typing. something darkly fruity but not strictly so--makes me think definitely of the Jester character. the merry appearance but the deeper qualities to him. it gets a little perfumey after a bit--i think it's the neroli or some combination causing this. i definitely am glad to have tried but I don't think it's a bottle purchase.

Rating: 3/5

Throw: Low but still present--it hovers in a small circle around you.

Edited by Lunaratu

In the Imp: Tart, tangy, almost grape Jolly Rancher.

Wet: Oh yes, this is very sweet and tangy. Candy-like. It smells like nothing so much as just-add-water Grape Kool-Aid mix -- when you eat the powder, or perhaps a grape or strawberry Pixie Stix.

Dry: Now it's Strawberry Bubblicious bubble gum! I love this so much! It brings to mind memories of being a kid and getting that rare piece of candy or pack of gum under Mom's watchful eye. It's the scent of summer, and school's out, and popsicles in the freezer! It's the scent of going berry-picking in the woods and having a picnic later with Strawberry Shasta Soda!

I can't detect the neroli at all, which is a good thing as I don't care for neroli. This is all tart and tangy candy fruit and is so delicious I want to chew my wrist off. I'm glad the lab sent a frimp of this, because I don't think I'd have tried it otherwise. This is definitely going to become a bottle purchase.

ETA: About an hour later, I can vaguely detect the neroli. It's still fruity goodness, though, with the neroli giving just a teensy hint of bitterness behind it all. That just serves to add a bit of depth, in my view, and is no detraction from this scent.

Edited by MrsVeteran

I got this as a freebie and was ready to swap it away untested, but then I read the notes, saw huckleberry, and changed my mind.

In the imp: Whoo, neroli!

Wet: The neroli quickly settles down, and the currant and a juicy berry scent come to the fore.

Drydown: Sweet, sweet berry.

Huckleberries do taste different from blueberries, and while this is still very much a perfume about them rather than a flavoring with them (do not eat!), the neroli lends that citrusy crispness that puts the wildness in the experience. Too often, people eat berries of whatever kind that come from large farms and are huge and tasteless. There's nothing quite like berries straight off the bush with the sun still on them -- and there's sunshine in Jester.

In the imp: Fruity, very sweet, berries? This is a clear, sweet and bright scent. Pure fruit, nothing but fruit notes. Very nice. Not overpowering, but very bold. I really want this one to work on me.

On the wrist: The scent immediately deepens on my skin and becomes more complex. Still pure fruit, but more grown up. Not half as innocent even though it's still very sweet.

Dry: This scent stays pretty consistent, which I like, the big time morphing scents usually morph into something icky on me. It definitely sharpens up on the dry down, the tartness of the fruits starts to come out and tame the sweetness. The scent mellows overall, but doesn't disappear. This is a keeper for me. :P I think I'll keep it as a winter scent, it smells wintry to me. I would recommend this one to any other fans of fruit notes and clean scents.

This smells of tart pink berries. I can't say I care for that overmuch. It's very strong, and rather artificial, as most berry scents tend to smell artificial to me. It's also a little bubblegummy.

On, it smells just the same, a tart, sweet berry scent that is bright, playful, and far stronger than you might think. Apply with caution!

Beyond that there is little to say; it's just too sharp and fruity for me. Off to swaps!