Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

As a flower, I love lillies. As a scent however, unless lily is a subtle supporting note, they tend to amp and cause a headache. But I wanted to try Tiger Lily because of the honey. And I don't know if the honey worked a miracle or what on me, but Tiger Lily is gorgeous!! Its soft, golden lillies lightly dusted with honey. Its a light scent and doesn't amp on me (whew!) but it doesn't last long either. Another winner in the Mad Tea Party collection for me! :P Edited by Shollin

I love lilies-next to carnations, they are my favorite flowers. And who doesn't like honey? Put the two together and you are a gorgeous scent! I don't know how Beth does it, but she was able to cature the spiciness of the lily. Lilies in the wild have a spiciness about them and this scent captures the wild beauty of a bouquet of them, the headiness and darkness of hundreds of lilies. I just adore this scent. :P I put a label on the top of the bottle and added a heart to it- that is the highest grade I can give a bottle.

In the imp: Uh-oh. This does not smell at all like something that will work on me. I guess lilies don't smell like what I thought they smelled like.

On the wrist: This is a very consistent scent, it hasn't morphed at all. Honey and lilies, very sweet, sticky floral.

Dry: Still no change, I bet this would be great for someone who likes lily scents. Which I thought I was, but apparently am not. *sigh* Off to the swaps.

got this as a frimp from the lab and hadn't even looked up the description until after I wore it...

In bottle: Sharp but sweet florals. I've smelled lilies once and this is similar to what I remember.

On skin: Soft, feminine, powdery warm floral scent.

Dry: Same. Little morphing. Throw is medium

Objectively, it is a pretty scent, and I usually intensely dislike powder-y scents. I didn't realize there was honey in this, and that is a major deal-breaker for me. Always, always, always turns to powder on me. But while it's not a scent for me personally, I can see how others would love it.

Powdered, honeyed lilies. Usually lily on it's own is pretty but unwearable. The honey in the makes the lily real come to life without being too floral However, I am getting a baby powder note which is odd...I've never gotten it before from either Beth's honey or lily notes. But if you don't get that note I can see that this would be a real winner!

In the vial (initial impression):

It reminds me of my mother's opium perfume from when I was young. It smells sharper than I expected.

Initially on (wet):

Once again, my skin makes it go ALL green at first, but something warmer and softer lingers in the background.

Wearing it (dry):

10-20 mins after application, it's a sharp lily scent, with the tiniest touch of honey. It's an interesting scent, but not very me.

20-30 mins after application, the honey is slightly more apparent now.

An hour later, the honey has softened the lilies to a very pleasant scent.

Finally:

Not a keeper, but a nice scent.

Tiger lily petals. Honey scares me, but this is nice honey. Kama Sutra's edible Honey Body Dust, actually, which has a touch of spice (Snake Oil-esque spice.)

This is perfectly balanced. Very refined.

I'm reminded of Lolita's honeysuckle note on the drydown, but this is less girlish. Still highly alluring. Like everyone else, I love it!

Warm, sunny lilies. This is a bright yellow, warm, sunshiney scent, all channeled through lilies, which are the dominant note. I'm not getting the honey note so much (which is fine as I am no fan of honey)- what I get lots of is lilies and sunshine. This is a nice, happy, warm scent. Very wearable.

The Mad Tea Party strikes again!

Tiger Lily is definitely feisty! Sweet, spicy lilies are what I got. There is a wonderful dollop of honey too. This perfume is friendly and radiant. It stays that way too. It never went flat. If you're a fan of lily, do not overlook Tiger Lily!

Tiger Lily smells blatantly like lilies - sweet and orange and slightly wild. On me, it smelled strongly of lily and stayed that way for a very long time. 'Tis a most powerful flower. Rather yummy.

In the bottle, it smells heavenly: Sweet lily, and some of the hard to describe sharp, intimate, spicy smell found in O. On my skin, though, it went straight to a baby wipe smell.

I think I would have loved it if it had worked with my skin! Oh well.

In Imp: This reminds me of my Mom’s garden when I was a little girl. Fresh, floral, Easter flowers.

Wet: The same, but really clean also. This was a frimp and I’m glad they graciously gave it to me, because I wouldn’t have selected it on my own.

1 hr. Dry Down: Mmmmm, I get the golden and warm that is in the description! This reminds me of a Lily-of-the-Valley scent my Mom bought me when I was a little girl. Very well done and I’ll be getting a bottle of this.

I'm getting the spicy smell as well. Spiced honey and lilies. It's not a bad scent at all, but there are other honey blends I like more.

Very pretty and feminine - the honey is softly sweet and any soapiness that would normally be present with lilies is totally gone for me in this blend (thankfully). It's the kind of scent that I think would be great for Spring when you want something light and airy and a bit girly. I don't even care for florals and I think I may need a bottle of this!

In the imp: oh dear - it's that vile note from Skuld and Seduction, the one that totally turns my stomach. It's not too strong here so I'll see if it goes away.

Wet on me: It does seem to be getting fainter, thankfully. I can smell a touch of soap but it's not bitter. Sweet honey.

After a few minutes: Good, that sour smell has totally disappeared! Now it's pure white lilies and golden honey. The floral by itself might be a little soapy or headache-inducing but the honey balances it very nicely.

Drydown: It just keeps getting better! Lilies are either a big hit or a big miss with me, and this one's definitely the former. :P Sweet, warm, and pervasive without being overwhelming. Bottle!

I put off posting this for as long as I could, since the first time I tried Tiger Lily was over a year ago. While it smells better on me now than it did then, I don't think it's ever going to be a favorite because...

In the imp: Hmm, sweet lily, honey, and...Love's Baby Soft?

Wet: Love's Baby Soft

Dry: Love's Baby Soft

As I said, it's a bit better now. Now, I get a whisper of honeyed lilies on my skin now and then, but mostly it's all swallowed up in that sweet, powdery baby oil smell that I used to love when I was a teenager but now find horribly cloying. I will wear Tiger Lily very occasionally, but even when it goes on honeyed lily-ish, it always ends up Baby Soft-ish. I do have to point out that I've only tried this one imp. I got another and immediately handed it off to a friend and when she opened it, it didn't smell at all like Love's Baby Soft. So maybe if I get another imp someday, it'll be different. For now, though, the only honeyed lily scent that actually smells right on me is the lovely Al-Araaf.

In the bottle this smelled very feminine and lovely.

On my skin, it turned into something just plain awful. Sour and nasty. I can't tell you what it smells like to me because it will gross you all out, so let's just leave it as this was not the scent for me.

I'll be swapping it.

imp: sweet florals.

wet: sweet florals with a sharp tang of something. maybe it's lillies that don't like me...

dry: the florals are more mellow and creamy. nicer once it's dried but not for me.

I didn't like Tiger Lily the first time I tried it. Since then I've learned a bit more appreciation for scents. This lily isn't soapy, heachache inducing, or overpowering - just sweet, warm, spicy flowers.

Edited by AmandaKay

Wet: Stargazer lily.

Dry down: I smell something red (musk?) coming up through the lilies.

Dry: A nice - and yes, she is feisty! - combination of lily and red (musk?).

Only lasts on me about an hour (leaving behind a hint of the red note), but that was only to be expected.

After all, I'm the one with the ravenously floriverous skin. Even fiesty Tiger Lily doesn't stand a chance.

in the imp: very pleasant smelling

wet: oh dear yuck. something green and stinky almost like smelly feet. i really don't like this one at all.

the dry down wasn't any better

In the bottle: Honey, fresh, citrusy lilies, a hint of greenery, a little bite of sharpness.

Wet: Honey, lilies, greenery. Clean but a little heady.

Dry: There is definitely a citrus note present, thought it's light - verbena, perhaps? It cuts through some of the heady-powder that of the lilies in their dry stage. There's still that delicate honey note, too, and a hint of greenness.

Summary: Of all the predominant lily blends, this one is the best on me - mildly sweet honey, clean powdery lilies, and a hint of fresh citrus - with great throw and good lasting power. Still, I can't handle the powder without stronger notes to temper it.