Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Lilies, with a heaping helping of lilies, topped with lilies, and some lilies on the side. Did I mention the lilies? :P

Seriously, though, this is a very strong green floral. Pretty, but not really my cuppa tea.

Alrighty...I got this from the lab as a freebie. (Gotta love the benevolent labbies!)

In the vial: Lily, no doubt about it. Very sweet lilies.

On: The honey does sweeten up the scent a bit, but this is still a very strong floral on me. However, unlike most lily scents, this is not at all clean, but a rather "sunny" lily scent. Very fitting to its name, this fragrance. It brings to mind a better, sweeter version of Dirty Girl's bubble bath scent.

Overall a lovely fragrance and one I had wanted to try. But, I have decided that lilies are most assuradly not my deal. Smells great on my little girl, though.

Ugh, smells like a tobacco my dad used to smoke.

I don't know, it wasn't sweet and light on me, but more muted and smokey. I'm just having a bad day with scents!!

this is very flowery, but not in a bad way! I am usually all "flowers? ugh" but this one is quite nice. There is almost a spicy quality to it that keeps it from being overly........um......flowery

Wet I can smell lilies with honey (very true to the lab's description), smooth, feminine but still pretty intense.

Dry it's just the same on my skin, a sweet floral blend with a conforting feeling.

I can see why a lot of people thinks this is a precious floral perfume!

It has a very good lasting power indeed. :P

If I liked florals, I would be in love with Tiger Lily. This is such a wonderful, sweet floral. I can envision the delicate lilies, drizzled with a few tiny drops of honey. It's a floral that even I (a floral hater) could wear without gagging.

It's not me and I'll probably never wear it, but it's undeniably gorgeous.

In bottle: very soft; mostly honey, with lilies in the background. It's sweet but not overbearing and the lilies aren't too strong

Wet: still a good balance between the lily and honey

Dry: the honey fades very quickly and I'm left with that lily-old-lady scent that I hate so very much

The description of this is perfect. Warm rich lilies with a hint of sweet. Not very honey on me, but I'm thinking of layering this with honey moon to see how that goes. A teeny pinch of soapiness too -- I know some people get that with lilies but I don't think I'd realized I was one of them.

Is pretty.

Edit: partly because I can't spell, and partly because an hour later, the honey finally becomes slightly more dominant and the pinch of soap has gone away. Prettier now!

Edited by Muppetk

This one I got simply b/c I love tiger lilies and I love honey :P

In the bottle: Green tiger lilies, very little honey.

On: At first it is the same as in the bottle but with a touch more honey. Then it goes through this "odd" period where it smells like several things that are not all lily and honey. However, it settles back in. The honey starts to come out a bit stronger, but even still the tiger lilies come out as the clear winner.

It lasted about 3 hours before I started to feel the need to slather more on - and, yes, that means I liked it...a lot! *sniffs wrists some more* Yep - it's a keeper. :D :D

This sounded like an interesting possibility, since I love sweet florals.

Origin: Swapped for it on LJ.

In the Bottle: Nice! Sweet brown lilies.

Wet: Hmm...all lily, no sweet.

Drydown: The honey creeps back slowly, but it hangs around in the background.

Verdict: Not bad, but not me. Into the swap pile.

Origin:

Lagniappe from the Lab.

Preconceived notions:

I’m not a floral fan, generally speaking, so I highly doubt I’ll like Tiger Lily, but I’ve been proven wrong before.

First sniff:

Sweet flowers. This reminds me vaguely of La Petit Mort only with another floral substituted for the ylang-ylang. Something about the combination of honey and florals makes me a bit queasy, so this isn’t quite working for me.

Wet on skin:

Sweet, heady florals. This is almost honeysuckle-like, but not quite. We grew tiger lilies in front of the house I grew up in, but I don’t remember them having a particular scent…if they do, I can easily see this being it. It’s feminine and graceful, even if it’s not me.

Dry down:

Tiger Lily, on me, dries down into a light, sweet floral. It’s subdued and not too heavy, but it’s just not me. It’s not a bad scent, I just don’t do florals.

The bottom line:

Tiger Lily’s not for me, but I didn’t expect it to be. Off to a more loving home with it.

In the bottle: a sort of powdery, perfumey smell overlaying a greenish/honey scent, with bits of genuine lily wafting through. It's a bit heavy in the bottle; I wasn't sure I'd like it.

Wet: the greenness comes out a little bit more, and the powdery scent goes away right at first. More of the honey is distinguishable. After awhile, the powder comes out in force and it does prick my nose sometimes.

Drydown: Luckily for me, the allergy-inducing powder scent seems to mostly disappear on drydown, and the honey comes through loud and clear, with the scent of lily in the background. This absolutely 100% smells like my mom's garden full of tiger lilies, which is *awesome,* because they are by far my favorite flower, scent-wise and appearance-wise. I don't know I'll be able to wear it all of the time because of the short allergic reaction I have just at first, but I've worn this twice now with no averse long-term effects. I'll probably get by for now on my two imps and make sure I don't wear it on the days when I'm feeling most sensitive. But overall, I really, really love it; it smells fantastic on me and the sweet tiger lily stage lasts for at least six hours. It'll be a great scent for when I get tired of the foody scents that seem to be my best bets.

I have to agree with several on this thread regarding Tiger Lily: green floral with honey. It's usually what I don't prefer simply because I'm not the green floral type (more so green herby). I do like the change from floral to honey in the dryout process, like going from exited to calm...

I can see one of my cooler friends wearing this - you know, that friend who's so personable, friendly, talented, gifted & pretty that you're never jealous of because they're so wonderful?! You know very few people like this, but your life is better for having to know them. Yeah, I can see my violinist/pianist/dancer/gypsy/taoist friend wearing this...

Tiger Lily ~

From the Imp ~ Lovely, lovely floral aroma. I did not smell the honey bit... but the floral aroma is marvelous.

Wet on Skin ~ The scent of lilies is beautiful! Very rich and dusky.

Dry down ~ I began to smell the sweetness of the honey with the scent of lilies. Very soft, alluring fragrance with a large amount of sensual duskiness. A beautiful floral. Smells like an afternoon in an indoor garden in full bloom. (Like the Bellagio gardens, in Vegas...)

In closing:

A keeper for me. I love the sweetness of this oil! It is a beautiful floral with a hint of sweetness and I really seem to like the honey fragranced oils. I am really thrilled that the honey scents seem to like my skin, too. *yeayness*

This is lovely. I adore both White Rabbit and Tiger Lily. Looks like I will be collecting the 5ml bottles of the Mad Tea Party line ~ if not the 10ml bottle size! These are just perfect!

:P

How sweet and pretty!

Initially, this smells like sleepy time chamomile tea with lots o' honey. The honey is ruler of the wet stage, though I'm sure it will fade quickly, as honey usually does.

The lilies see the sun and decide to come out and play! I like lilies, they seem so playful, and they don't disappoint here. The lily manages to avoid being grandmotherly by dancing about merrily with the honey and tea notes. I don't any soapiness here, just sweet, golden floral.

Makes me think of the "Golden Afternoon" song in the Alice in Wonderland movie. Sparlking and winsome and a little girlishly silly.

Wet: This suits the lab description very well. It's flowery with a bright golden top note, definitely tiger lily as opposed to white lily. Also has a faint bite, possibly citrus, like orange peel.

Drying: Very nice. The sweetness becomes identifiably honey-like as it dries, though the bright note is dulling.

Dry: It's been an hour, and on me, this turns into a honeyed flower scent.

I didn't fall madly in love with it, but it's a nice blend.

A vase of tiger lilies filled with honey instead of water... It's almost as if they're drawing up the honey and trumpeting its sweetness in addition to their own.

Tiger Lily is really syrupy, right on that line of being too unbearably so for me to comfortably wear. For some reason, I love the sweet foody blends but sweet florals trigger a bit of nausea. On the drydown it morphs into mostly honey on my skin, with underpinnings of lilies---like a corsage pinned on a beekeeper.

Not my most favorite honey blend in the catalogue, but very nice and I imagine it could be a devastatingly sexy midsummer perfume, sure to draw the bees.

Tiger Lily:

In the bottle/imp: Smells flowery, but not overpoweringly so. Light. Reminds me of certain sections and booths at RenFaire.

Wet: Still smells like flowers, but now there's a slight baby powder smell. But that's okay; it offsets the flowers enough, because I'm not necessarily a flower girl. =)

Drying: Oh, yes. This smells EXACTLY like the baby powder in the bathroom. Unless this changes as it dries out more, I won't be buying this.. probably will be selling my imp, when I'm ready to start selling imps. *sigh*

Update: Hm. Flowers are starting to come back out!

Drydown: Either my nose is getting used to the smell of baby powder, or the oil is going away really fast. Either way, I think it's time for a new imp.

Conclusion: sell imp

the most delicate pretty floral..

it actually smells like creamy milky buttery (any more adjectives?) honeyed lilies..

its so soothing..like sipping hot milk with sugar on a cold day.

i have an imp which i enjoy but the scent is too shortlived.

the olfactory experience lasts 15 minutes and poof! its gone.. sort of adds to the whimsical dreamy nature of this scent..

Creamy, sweet, golden lilies. I'm partial to lily blends anyway, but this is particularly gorgeous. The honey is just enough to lend a touch of sweetness and a golden hue, while still letting the beautiful floral shine.

It lasts for about 4 hours, which is excellent with my track record of disappearing BPAL. It is very faint by the end, and I have to put my nose to my skin to detect it. It also doesn't have much throw at all, it's more of a skin scent that only I can smell; but I love this so much that I don't even care.

In the Bottle: Oh my, yes...I VERY much like this one. The lilies are superbe. Fully blossomed and covered with a faint glistening sugar dew.

Wet: Wow....I smell none of the honey. Just pure undiluted lillies. It's brilliant, inspired....look I'm raving! I really enjoy this floral. I was a bit scared it would go sour on me since I've had bad luck with things I really want to smell fantastic on me. The lillies are so fresh though. It reminds me of a very very nice Easter lunch with a few of my step mother's family members. It was greek Easter and they had lillies and other white flowers EVERYWHERE...I thought I was going to faint when I smelled this and it captured that room perfectly.

Drydown: Wow they tame so well. It's so very....sleepy now. The lillies have gone to bed and the honey is keeping watch to make sure their delicate petals aren't bruised by the heavy night.

Pretty much what the description says – honey and lilies! It’s very fun. The lilies are a bit stronger on me and the honey takes a back seat, but it’s definitely there. I think I really like lily. Definitely a good one for me.

Throw is medium, and it lasts 5-6 hours.

No suprises here! Lillies, sweetened with a drop of honey and a fresh green garden note.

Very pretty, extremely feminine and light. This a perfect scent for a spring time wedding!

I got mine as a frimp from the Lab. I usually can't stand florals. At all. Except...

In the vial: Sweet honey. I love honey. And lilies. I can deal with this.

Wet: The lilies are amping over the honey. Still, this is ok with me.

Dry: The lilies are at the forefront, but the honey's keeping it from being straight floral. Nice and sweet. The lily doesn't go too funeral-y on me (unless it's on my wrists and my hands are cold. Then it gets disconcerting) and the honey seems to be tempering the "eeeew! flowers!" my skin usually has. There's a touch of saopy-cleanness that has a nice "just out of the shower" effect that's nice.

Well, looks like there's a floral besides Zombi that actually plays nice on my skin.

This would be a great GC substitute for Al-Araaf, for you fans out there, or those who are interested in Al-Araaf. The scent itself is nearly identical, a slightly soapy smelling, graceful, curling lily. Not a funeral lily by any stretch. More like a sun-kissed Stargazer or... well... Tigerlily. Only this is a lot headier and less complex than Al-Araaf, in my opinion. I think it's a bit too heady and straight up floral for me right now. Maybe I'll crave it again in the spring or if/when I happen to run out of my Demon in My View bottle. B+