Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

This is a great little girl scent. Lilies and honey. Sweet and innocent not at all sexy not at all.

Wet: Sweet honey like Burt's Bees honey scent.

Drydown: Warms up nicely the lily scent comes through. Very little girl. judas_kiss and I let Claire, our 5 year old, wear it. It suits her. Very pretty and light. Edited by Shollin

I did not expect to LOVE this when I bought it for my little sister who adores lilies. This is fresh, true lily...not cloying...white with a golden yellow center. I do not liken it to actually tiger lilies, which are quite bitter. This is honey sweet and lovely. I am tempted to keep it for myself. It is going on my big bottle list, for sure. I must have some for the longing of spring.... :P

Oh, YUM. Tiger Lily is a very straightforward scent -- sun-warmed honey, laced with lily -- but again, YUM. Definitely big-bottle worthy. :P

WOW. This scent is everything I'd hoped for and more. :P

Honey and lilies are two of my true loves in perfume notes, and Tiger Lily doesn't disappoint. Both notes are clear and true, from the imp to my skin and throughout the drydown. It smells as feisty as the description claims, and simply lovely, like lazing in a garden in midsummer. Great staying power, too.

Definitely in love. 5ml at some point in the near future.

Oh, this is lovely in the vial. Bright and fresh and young. Didn't really smell the honey until it was on and wet, but as it dried the floral really blended well with it. This is a lovely, innocent scent that reminds me of Spring and laughter.

Tiger Lily is a really pretty fresh floral. very springtime and girly. it turned quite powdery after a few hours so I'm not sure this will be a favorite of mine that i will reach for regularly, but it is lovely nonetheless. my only wish is that i got more honey scent from it, though.

This is nature-in-full-bloom sexy, and I'm not usually a big fan of straight up florals. It's light and very much like sniffing a lily on initial application, but after an hour it progresses into a very warm, golden, and distinctive scent although I don't get any of the honey that other reviewers mentioned, thank goodness. This one has staying power and stays consistently lovely until it eventually fades away. Definitely worthy of a 10ml.

In the imp: I smell all florals. It's pretty, but I have a bad feeling it will not be strong on my skin.

Wet: This has a (very brief) soapy stage on me--I believe that is due to the honey element. However, it moves very quickly to soft, pretty florals.

Drydown and wear: My initial suspicions were correct; this does not last very long on my skin. I could barely detect it after twenty minutes. I wore it on its own yesterday, and the same thing happened. It is pretty, and a nice thing to wear when I'm lounging around and want to smell nice, but I may swap it, I'm not sure.

I got a nice aged bottle of this a few days ago from :D AngelFireHeart

I had an imp of this, and I lovedlovedloved the heck out of that imp so I was all over the opportunity to snag a bottle. I am soooo not sorry for being a total BPAL glutton and getting this, in addition to a LOT of recent acquisitions... The imp smelled just beautiful, sweet and thick, and if this is the scent of lilies, I'm in love!! The only florals I can readily identify with are lilac, carnation, tulip and rose. The lilies I've smelled (in arrangements) tend to smell a little like, umm, sausage, to my nose!! :D

The bottle is even more lovely than the imp. It's got a little simmer-time in it, and it was even richer, sweeter and thicker (in scent, not consistency!). And for some reason, this smells like middle-of-July, smack-dab-in-the-swing-of-things summer - I think it's because my nose gets suntan lotion - really nice, silky, higher-end suntan lotion; and then there's the honey, which is summer encapsulated.

I think that before the year is out (or prior to any discontinuation of Tiger Lily) this will be a 10mL purchase for sure!!!

*swooning* :P

lise

In the imp: Floral-tastic. Lilies and lilies and more lilies. Makes me sneeze, too, just like the real thing.

On, wet: Slightly warmer and almost amber-like in character (the honey note, I guess), but still powerfully floral. It doesn't smell like a tiger lily, but it certainly evokes the visual idea of one.

Drydown: The floral aspect becomes a lot less strident. The drydown overall is very subdued.

This is really great, although truthfully it's not something I see myself wearing -- I'm more a rose person than a lily person, when it comes to florals.

Sweet, powdery floral. Pretty and light. Nice if you're into that kind of thing, but I'm not a big fan of sweet or powdery scents.

Tiger Lily

freebie from the lab

in vial: soapy lilies

wet: same

dry: same

verdict: not for me...off to swaps

In bottle: Oh, I love the smell! Am great fan of Lillies. Also smell something sharp? It smells of cold?

On me: the Lily is very strong, also the smell of powder, and something else that is sharp that I do not know.

20 minutes later: I've often wondered what "gone to powder" meant when reading these kinds of reviews. Now I know. It smells like sharply-scented body powder now. Touch of lily and maybe something musky? The powdery smell isn't what I was looking for in a scent though.

Will give it another try in a week or so, just in case my body is being weird on me, but alas, Tiger Lily, it looks like you are not the one for me either. It's too bad, I loved the way you smelled in the bottle!

straight sniff from the imp is exactly as the lab

described..golden, honeyed lillies...

upon application this has a very green component to me.... :D

this is one potent scent!!!

after awhile the amber comes through loud and clear....

this does not play well with my chemistry....off to the swap

pile she goes.... :P

Imp: Sweet, clean lilies.

Wet: Sharp green lilies, stems and all. Sweet, clean, pretty, and actually a touch spicy (like the way carnations are spicy). As this dries it goes through a short soapy phase, but it doesn't last long.

Dry: Clean spicy sweet floral. This is a total surprise. The first time I tried this, it went total soap, and now its got real character. It is just a little powdery, but it's quite lovely. By the 1 hr mark, this has faded to the same honey smell that I get with the late drydown of many other blends, and this faint honey lasts a few hours.

Overall: This is pretty, but fades quickly into the honey that I can get from O (where I like it a bit better), so its gonna hit my swaps.

Ordered this one as an imp; Tiger lilies have particular, special associations for me, so I was truly hoping to love Tiger Lily

and thus dashed it on wrists this afternoon: warm, sweet, spicy, floral. Not really lily to my nose (I rush over to a bouquet of Casa Blanca lilies on the table in the middle of my bookshop--sniff wrist, sniff lilies, sniff wrist--no, something else.)

But I really like it. Lovely spiciness wafting around me. Spice is what I mostly get, and I am wondering about my nose. Not unusual; I seem to smell different things than what I read when I get around to reading other people's reviews. Had it not been for the name I wouldn't have thought lily at all--maybe hyacinth and carnation, or (inhales wrist again raptuously, unable to think)...

Could there be a touch of sandalwood in this too? There is something warm and sweet, and I love it.

The odd thing about Tiger Lily (which I reapplied after it faded to a soft prettiness) is that I felt extremely confident wearing it--very "I will do exactly as I please, thank you!"

Which, given that it started out to be a difficult day for me was certainly a blessing.

Tiger Lily lasted well on me, and kept unfolding new dimensions of spicy-sweet. It goes on my list of things I need to get more of (oh, so many nice fragrances)

Wet, this is a really spicy floral. I'm tempted to say carnation; I'm not getting any lily.

Drydown: The spice removes itself to the background and I start to get wafts of honey. I recognize Beth's gorgeous lily note that I love so well in Prague, but much warmer and somehow, greener. Like Prague, this is a very clean scent, but golden where Prague is silvery. These are sunlit lilies drizzled with honey on a warm afternoon. Throw is medium; lasting power is good. It's twelve hours after application and still smells spicy-sweet and fresh. These are lilies that growl. Another keeper.

In the Imp: Honey! Thin, golden honey, faint and sweet, not the rich sticky syrup of O, backed by cool white florals. Clean and fresh and sweet without being foody, and almost identical to some other BPAL I've smelled.... what was it..... hmm, maybe not. Anyway, it's pleasant enough, but I'm not about to drink the Imp or anything.

Wet: Hello, soapy-sugary floral! After a minute or two the honey note emerges a bit more, toning down the soap, and making this much more tolerable... but it's really still not All That. I can see how it would be gorgeous on someone who didn't turn things into body products at the slightest provocation, but on me it just smells like posh scrubs.

Dry: Yep. Honey, lilies. Exactly as advertised-- innocent, light, powdery floral. *So* not my thing, although it could be perfect on someone else. Swaaaps!

In the vial: Yeah, that's lily...

On the skin: I've been having so much trouble with finding the right lily. Everything that has lily that I've tried either has something in it I can't stand or goes wrong. But this is a lily that works. It's warm and not too chloying, sweet and simple. Oh yes, the MTP wins another victory for me!

In the imp, it was heady, overwhelming lilies. Once I applied it, I was suddenly struck with a memory - being at the pool with the kids, hot sun beating down, water & sweat mingling on my body. I moved my arm away from my nose, the memory faded. Got a whiff in another minute, and it came back.

I held out my arm to my daughter, and said, "What does smell like?"

::sniff:: "Sunscreen."

Yup, that's exactly what it smells like. Huh.

On first sniff, Tiger Lily has a lovely honey topnote reminiscent of "O". This gives way to a soft floral that fades quickly. Pretty, but I'd rather just wear O--more staying power and general oomph

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

This is definitely what I look for in a floral blend. The lilies are lovely and glorious in their awakening, and they are undershadowed by the most amazing, creamy foody smell. It's that wonderful BPAL honey note that Beth so masterfully creates. Such a lovely combination, although I must admit I like honey combined with just about anything! This is a good blend for those of you that think they can't wear florals; here's your solution. My only complaint: I wish it had a little more throw and sticking power. But, Fabulous anyway!! :P

This is very pretty. I was afraid, with the lilies, that this would turn soapy, but it is a beautiful, floral-scented honey.

In Bottle: Lily

On Skin: Oh my! As I always say, I’m not a huge fan of floral scents, but this one is an exception. It is so sweet and innocent. The beautiful lilies coated in honey… it just drips with sweetness. It’s slightly cloying so I can see it being too strong for some people. Strong throw, wow, but fairly short wearing length. This scent is pure hot summer, flowers in full bloom with sticky stamens and bees buzzing around gathering pollen. All bees would visit this flower that’s for sure. And I think everyone would buzz around a person wearing this scent, it captures attention right away. I love the lovely lily and my favorite note ever, honey. I want a bottle of this.

Oh, this is pretty. A sweet and feminine floral, fresh and soft. The lilies are lush and dripping sunlight, and the honey lends everything a lovely glow. Definitely a must-have for lily lovers.