Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

This scent wavers back and forth for me. Sometimes it's a lovely, subtle floral, other times the hint of sour that accompanies many of the lab's honey notes rears its ugly head. I imagine this would be a lovely fragrance on a bit of a warmer day, where I would get more of the lovely waft without having to be close enough to smell sour part of the honey.

I won't be getting a bottle of this, but I'll probably use my imp.

In the Bottle: Lush, green, crisp lily~ it's love.

Wet, on skin: Like the rest have said, ALIVE, fresh, and beautiful for the first five minutes or so...then the drydown. :D

Hour Later: Where did it go? On me this morphed into baby wipes. Never did get honey, or anything sweet for that matter. I applied it straight out of the shower after moisturizer. I use pure glycerine, so I donno if that did it...the glycerine is oderless, and the oil isn't. Maybe a reaction between the two. Anyway, as a mother I get to smell baby wipes often enough...and could do without this phase.

Two Hours Later: Still smells like wipes. Some of the green is remerging, but still. Wipes. I don't wanna take another showerrrr!! :P

Three Hours Later: The green is remerging and I'm starting to get a bit of sweetness from this...wow, this is a morpher on my skin.

Tiger Lily all alone is amazing for the first five. Wish she'd stay that way!

ETA: Wow. What a difference a day or two can make~ Tonight I tried Tiger Lily again in a scent locket, and then on my skin as well. It was as though I applied a completely different oil. This time I can almost see the bright rows of Tiger Lilies along the south side of my childhood home.

Very evocative - this is the exact smell I know.

A few culprits may have affected my previous review, but I think it mostly had to do with my moisturizer. Tonight I skipped lotion after thoroughly washing off another oil from earlier. Then I liberally applied Tiger Lily (the first time I only trickled the thinnest glossy line along one wrist, and rubbed together), and fell into profound nostalgic bliss.

It's like a real bloom - not department-store bloom, but the authentic smell of a memory. Genius.

This is my favorite so far, and I suspect it will stay near the top. Everything I was hoping for, from imp to skin to drydown. Just perfect. :D

Edited by Indig0

In the imp: It has a sort of neutral odor to me. Clean.

Wet: Awh, yes now I can smell the lilies. They're lovely.

Dry: I smell more of the honey now and it compliments the lilies in a pleasing way.

Overall: Tiger Lily is a nice, summery scent that I adore.

This smelled very realistically lily on me, very fresh, with a touch of sweetness (which I love). Nice fresh and clean smell, I just wish it had lasted longer!

When I first put this on the lilies are very strong and, as others have pointed out, warm - as if they've been sitting in the sunshine. The honey is there, but only as a bit of subtle sweetness. There's nothing "old lady" about this one (which I've found which some of the BPAL florals). The best part is the dry down - then the honey comes out and it smells very much like that Kama Sutra honey dusting powder. And -that- brings back some good memories. :P

In The Bottle

Honey and lilies, alright

On Application

Strong lily. So far not going to air freshener

Dry Down

Waivers between air fresher lily to "real" lily. I'm hoping it reins back to the real kind. Really, really unsure about this one. Will pass on to a friend who really likes lily and see what the verdict is.

Rating (0-5)

Yup, definitely honeyed lilies, but it's not "lilied honey." Lily is the dominant note, but the combination is stunning. This is definitely REAL lilies. It has a gorgeous, warm smell. Very "orange." Reminds me of real tiger lilies, which are growing in my backyard. :P

I love this. Big bottle scent for sure.

Edited by thelaurenator

In the imp: Maple candy! Tiny note of spice in the background.

On the skin: Soap. This must be the lily - lily turns into soap on me.

After a while: Lily soap.

Verdict: Nah.

When I saw Tiger Lily amongst the various frimps in my last order, I was a bit apprehensive. I've always strongly associated the smell of lilies with death and sad memories.

In Vial: It smells very green. I can detect a bit of spice in there.

Wet: Not as sharply green. No dreaded "death" smell here, hooray!! This smells frighteningly realistic..almost as if I am burying my face in a field of tiger lilies.

Dry: If I inhale deeply, I can sense a whisp of sweetness. This must be the honey. Tiger Lily isn't offensively strong on me, and I can definitely see myself using up this imp during the next few golden summer days....

Very pleasantly surprised with this one!

In Vial: Soapy floral

Wet: Oh this is nice. I don't usually like florals. This is getting a bit powdery. Now it is baby powder. It has gone downhill fast.

Dry: Yeah this is mostly a powdery floral with baby powder. On me this is headache inducing.

In bottle/imp: Just like the description says: golden, warm lilies.

Immediately on skin: This is a different kind of lily than I usually find in bpal scents. This is warm and slightly sweet, but still retains that lily feel. Unfortunately, I also get something cloying in this that I don’t quite like.

After a little while: Well… I thought “honeyed lilies” didn’t really mean honey, but it does. This is lily, plus I think a little bit of warm amber and honey. The honey is very powdery and slightly cloying on me, but I have a problem with the lab’s honey note.

Overall Impressions: I had high hopes for this, but the honey ruined this for me and turned it into a powdery cloying lily mess. If you enjoy warm floral blends, and especially honey, I would recommend this for sure.

Hmm. This was a frimp. I wouldn't have picked it out for myself, because I'm pretty meh about lilies.

This smells pleasant enough in the imp. Light, sweet, lilies. Nothing great and nothing terrible-so far I am pretty neutral.

Smells the same on my skin-almost no morphing. Yep, this has sat for a while now. If you are a fan of lilies, I would recommend trying this blend, but I'm I don't particularly like lilies and there was nothing special in this blend to make me change my tune.

Imp: Woah! Heavy Lilly

Wet on Me: Really heavy lilies. This may make me sneeze

Drying Down: Lilly Bug Spray.

Dry: Lilly scented bug spray. I now know what they scent

bug spray with….Lillies. This is sooo not for me. Lilly is the

one note/scent that just rubs me the wrong way. To the re-homing pile

Warm, honeyed lilies. Now this is a lily scent I can handle, unlike The Queen of Hearts.

I think it has to do with the addition of amber and honey, that make this blend warm, soft, and extremely inviting. It is sweet, but not overwhelming. I was worried the honey note would turn on my skin, as 50% of the time, honey can make or break the blend. This time it works, and it is lovely.

In the bottle: My immediate though was that it smells *just* like a Lush store - possibly because of the honey.

Wet: The lilies come out to play...the honey is still there, but takes a backseat.

Drydown: The honey leaves, and I'm left with lilies, but they seem darker...something more reminiscent of a funeral - but it's not a bad thing.

All up, I'm glad I scored a full bottle, because it appears to like my skin an awful lot :P

Imp: Kind of weird. I get a faint hint of lilies under a bit of sourness.

Wet: The honey goes super sour. I get frowny but also hold out because honey has a tendency to be very surprising on my chemistry. I definitely smell the liliies--very fresh and green. They smell more like a white Easter lily to me, but that may just be from association.

Dry: Oh my goodness. This is so beautiful. It's a soft, delicate true lily scent with a beautiful skin warmed sweetness. It reminds me a lot of my beloved Brides of Dracula although less complex and less overtly sexual. This is really fresh and soft and girly--I'd wear this on a first date or anywhere where I want to feel feminine and flirty without being too forward.

Throw: Good. Definitely a few inches from the skin. The lilies throw more than the honey.

Overall: I really like this. It was a frimp (natch) and I've always vaguely wanted to try it and have never really cared enough to bother. This is a beautiful, bottle-worthy fragrance. Definitely give it a try if you like sweet, simple florals or if--like me--you're panicking about what will happen when you eventually run out of Brides of Dracula.

I love the shimmery golden honey note, but lily just isn’t a good floral note on me. It always fades away into nothingness on my skin. I wish I got more out of this, but I’d have to bathe in it.

In the imp: Sweet lilies. Pretty.

Wet: Very sweet lilies. A bouquet of true to life lilies. The honey is there, though not as strong as I had hoped. But still, very pretty.

Dry: Actually started to turn soapy on the dry down, but when it dried it went back to the wet smell. Honeyed lilies is what this is.

Overall: I thought this would be too strong for me. After a while, lilies give me a headache. But no! This was just right. I love, especially, the honey in this. Very pretty!!

In the vial: lovely sweet floral, very comforting.

Wet: same, but there's something green starting to peek out.

Dry: this is a beautiful soft lily...I'm not really getting the honey, but that's ok.

I haven't made up my mind yet on this one. I like it but probably not enough to wear regularly.

in the imp: a green, fresh floral.

wet on skin: same, with a hint of ylang ylang in the mix. :wub2:

dry down: yup. that's honeyed lilies alright! :D

in all: although a little too sweet for me, this is a really lovely blend of honey and lilies. if you like both of those notes, you will adore this blend, i promise.

:smile:

In the bottle: Pure lily!

On me, wet: Still pure lily...exactly like dewy, fresh cut lilies but much stronger

On me, dry: The "green" aspect of the scent is mostly gone, replaced by a subdued but authentic lily scent. I don't get honey, but it turns a little incensey on me (as many do).

The scent fades pretty quickly, and is rather one dimensional. I enjoy it, because I enjoy lily, but I'm unsure how often I would actually wear it.

In vial: A high pitched floral; Lilys and perhaps Honeysuckle?

Wet on skin: shimmery, light, warm, and high pitched floral, somewhat of an aquatic feel (but no aquatic notes that I can detect, I think it's more just the movement of this reminds me of danube and the florals remind me of sea of glass) just a half step lower than in the vial, but still lower which is good.

drydown: a warm high pitched floral, great for spring. I still swear I get honeysuckle, but I think it could also just be honey. There's something anchoring it all together so that the high notes aren't headachey, but whatever it is that holds this scent together isn't low enough for me.

I historically don't like florals, so I'm going to pass this along to someone else. However, this is a really good floral for those who do like them. Warm, golden and springy, I would imagine it would cause people who like florals to be in an upbeat, bright and good mood. It's got the same tone as hanging gardens and some of the other popular floral scents.

Husband says: Smells better on me than it did in the vial, but he gets a powdery feel (I however, consider this scent too "wet" to be powdery at all - but then again, my body morphs florals like woah, so it could be just that I think it's less powdery than usual hehe)

My boyfriend knows that I love lilies so on my birthday he bought me the most amazing bouquet of lillies. I kept huffing them and would move the vase around with me where I was sitting, having my lovely tea. So to say the least...it was time to get a lillies scent. On me Tiger Lily becomes...odd. Just that typical 'perfume' scent. I'm starting to think that maybe honey does this on me. This was not what I was wanting from Tiger Lily. :( And so the search continues for the perfect lily....

Edited by Dracoo9

This smells sooo bad to me/on me :sad: it's this nasty sour note that I've never smelled in a lab blend before. I know it's gross.. but it smells like

unwashed sweaty privates

to me.