Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Donnababe

Best BPALs for SUMMER - is it hot, sweltering, sticky outside?

My favorites for summer from the GC would have to be...

Endymion - My absolute favorite, it just feels so refreshing and sweet and pretty

Lyonesse - Vanilla and salty aquatic smells wonderful, especially if you are going to be on the water for the day

Black Opal - Sadly discontinued but so refreshing

The Rose - Juicy rose, yum

Tamora - Another I really only wear during the summer. The heat makes the amber and peach in this super delicious

Rumpelstilzchen - The heat makes this one just glow, love it though I would also wear it in the fall and winter

Elf - All RPGs are great for the summer apart from make be Half-Elf which is a bit too sandalwood esque for the summer

Rogue

Ranger

Neutral

No. 93 Engine - Summer makes this scent just glow as well

Mag Mell - Bright zingy and like sunshine!

Tristran - The mint in this is very refreshing and I love the herbal quality about it

Sunflower - Summery and hot floral, it just feels like summer if you know what I mean

Aizen-Myoo - Juicy cherry blossom, kind of like the Rose but with cherry blossom

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa - refreshing, but still a bit woodsy with the ho wood which makes it a scent I can wear all year

Favorite summer scents from LE...

Snow White

Snow-Flakes

Metal Rabbit

Paduan Killer Swarm

The Passionate Shepherd to his Love

Love's Philosophy

Hungry Ghost Moon

Hand of Glory

Tarot: The Star

I love to wear my patchouli-heavy scents in the summer... maybe it reminds me of my teenage summers in the 60's/70's :hippie: so in heavy rotation right now are Banshee Beat, Occupywallstreet, Gobln, and Anne Bonny, with some Hetairae on occasion.

I love to wear my patchouli-heavy scents in the summer... maybe it reminds me of my teenage summers in the 60's/70's :hippie: so in heavy rotation right now are Banshee Beat, Occupywallstreet, Gobln, and Anne Bonny, with some Hetairae on occasion.

YESSSS. there is something nice about being suffocated by dry dirty patchouli in the summer :twisted: and it just smells better and better when it cooks on your skin.

bumping up this thread

Help for recommendations!!!

what would you recommend if you were attending a music festival?

need something that will last a long time.

My skin chemistry loves fruity blends (especially plum)

bumping up this thread

I usually wear Snake Oil blends when I want something long-lasting... at past years of South by Southwest I've worn Womb Furie and Western Diamondback, and today when we went out to listen to live music I really wanted to wear Smoky Moon 2012, but put on a little Snake Oil itself so that I'd be sure to at least smell like some kind of scent when the day was done. I think Halloween: Las Vegas has also worked for this sort of thing. So maybe Snake Oil + something fruity? Mme. Moriarty might also be long-lasting in the same way if you have that (I previously had a decant of it but it wasn't my thing).

My faves for Summer are --

Teatime In Roswell

Tiki Princess

Rosy Maple

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat

Shattered

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Lawn Gnome

Lightning

Pink Lace

Schroedingers Cat

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat

Bat-Woman

Velvet Unicorn

Cheshire Cat

My favorites for really hot summer are anything with the "snow" note, those always feel refreshing to me, notably Dust of Snow, Cloister Graveyard in the Snow, Cloth of Gold, Yellow Snowballs.

I also like high pitched flowery things, like Lenan Sidhe, and Strings in Earth and Air.

bumping up this thread

I usually wear Snake Oil blends when I want something long-lasting... at past years of South by Southwest I've worn Womb Furie and Western Diamondback, and today when we went out to listen to live music I really wanted to wear Smoky Moon 2012, but put on a little Snake Oil itself so that I'd be sure to at least smell like some kind of scent when the day was done. I think Halloween: Las Vegas has also worked for this sort of thing. So maybe Snake Oil + something fruity? Mme. Moriarty might also be long-lasting in the same way if you have that (I previously had a decant of it but it wasn't my thing).

I would recommend Urd or Skuld

My favorites for spring/summer are:

Aizen-myoo

bijoux y'ha-nthlei

death cap

destroying angel

endymion

grandmother of ghosts

hairy toad lily

love in idleness

manila

no. 93 engine

Persephone

phantasam

planting moon

poisoned apple

polynesian pop

tamora

thalia

titania

vampire tears

Edited by Dani87

Sugar Plum Fairy!!!! watermelony goodness for the summer :yum:

The Wiley Grasser

Snow Moon 2005

Tamamo no mae

Sibyl

Dorian

Banshee Beat

Edited by Amoraexcena

Here's a few that I like for summertime:

Velvet Pink Kitty

Pink Plastic Flamingo

any Strawberry Moon

Tiki Princess

Snow White

(really anything that has the icy, not minty, snow note, or lots of ozone, or is very aquatic)

Dorian

Lady Una, my go-to scent :wub2:

Berry Moon '09 (raspberry goodness)

ETA: for some reason, I get Berry Moon & Fruit Moon mixed up.

Edited by thekittenkat

My summer time favorite:

glittering apple of the stars

Blossoms in springtime

Elegba

Green Tree Viper

Silver Haired Bat

snow white

white rabbit

Yha-Nthlei

Philologus

I snagged bottles of Cloister Graveyard and Lantern Ghost from salon before they were DCed specifically for the summer snow note. I also enjoy Alice when it is hot because it isn't heavy.

favorite summer-specific smells for me are

Embalming Fluid

Kumiho

Tweedledum

The East (for when I want to smell like I've rolled in a field of wildflowers)

Habu

Marcilla

and occasionally things like Okayaki or Kumari Kandam for that cold floral vibe

When it's hot, I like slightly fruity musky things:

Dorian

Lady Una

Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand

Black Lace (appley version)

Tattered Lace

Red Lace

Cheshire Moon '08

Hunger Moon (fizzy sweet grapefruit - last year's surprise fave)

And Mme Moriarty if I'm going for the extra sultry after dark vibe.

The rest of the year I'm all about the spice :D

Oh, I forgot Intrigue...it reminds me of the cool inside of a hut on a deserted island surround by coconut trees. Which sounds really odd, but it's such a neat, sultry summer fragrance.

Kumari Kandam is very cool-feeling to me, to the point of being chilly. It has a bit of a menthol feel at first. Kyoto is also very cool - reminds me of spring in Tokyo, a light rain under the cherry blossoms.

Let's see.....

Tiki Queen

Tiki Princess

Tweedledee

anything with mint in it

but my latest greatest summer scent is A.E. Albopictus. I never much liked honey, but the herbs in this turn it into a fabulous glowing scent. YMMV, of course.

My summery favorites are:

Tiki Princess

How Doth the Little Crocodile

Jolly Roger

Katharina

Bayou

Harigata II

Bones Trombone

Kitty

Swank

and for after dark, Snake Oil, Mme Moriarty, Banshee Beat... :wub2:

Edited by ltrittipoe

My usual summer scents:

Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues

A Blade of Grass

Sundew

Croquet

Cheshire Cat

Severin

Theodosius the Legerdemain

Medical Procedure

F5

The Sound of insects

King Mandarin SN

Black Opal

The Miller's Daughter

I tend to like really fresh, juicy, and green scents or really soft and light scents. Particularly teas and citrus. It tends to get really hot here, last year we had more than one week around 45-47C. So I avoid anything super sugary sweet.

Ultraviolet is one of my go-to "hot summer day" scents, because it has such a cold smell and feel to it. Like frozen violets! Violet Ray also has the chilly mint/violet to it, but not quite as sharp on me as Ultraviolet.

Other favorites: Schroedinger's Cat, Croquet, Sea of Glass, 51, Shattered, Envy, Tweedledee, 'Tis the Voice of the Lobster, Lightening, and Jolly Roger. Also, the discontinued Atomic Luau scents have a very "summery" vibe to them...I wore Screeching Parrot a lot last summer.

I tend to wear a lot of ozones, aquatics, and fruity scents in the summer.

I haven't worn BPAL during summer much, but I think Imp will be gorgeous. :D Like warm, sticky peaches.