Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

in the bottle: all toffee and butter :P

wet on skin: the butter becomes stronger (making me hungry!) and is accompanied by a bit of cherry tart! yeah!

dry down: like cherry pie in a buttery crust. :D

in all: although i'm sad at the lack of roast turkey, the scent *more* than makes up for it- a foodie's paradise!!!

:D

This smells very, very foody but in a good way. The turkey in the note description had me a touch worried but it was needless. I get a strong medley of foods. It seems to have a cake-like base and I smell a lot of the cherry tart and pineapple at first. I get an accent of creamy custard and butter as well. Anyone that likes rich, dessert-like, foody blends will really like this. It's very decadent smelling.

This smells like rich cake at first. Thick with a familiar butter note. It's a little boozy too, like a dessert drink. That's my favorite part--it's like the most delicious liqueur. It's interesting how many different smells I am getting from this at one time. I'm smelling something fruity too. It's like little candied fruits. Very sweet. But mostly it stays within the cake realm. And it dries pretty much the same, minus the fruit.

This is an awesome foody fragrance. Yes I'm actually saying that. I usually run from foody blends, but I've had this one forever and I love it.

Pineapple toffee turnover, from wet to faded, all the way through.

I HATE it but I'm keeping it because I've got an Alice OBSESSION, and it looks cute next to 'Eat Me', which is far, FAR superior. And doesn't smell slightly of wee.

In the imp, this is sweet and buttery, with a hit of pineapple.

On my skin, it's toffee-ish, with the pineapple wafting over it - actually, it smells almost exactly like pineapple upside-down cake!! (Which I love!)

When it dries, the pineapple and toffee's faded quite a bit, now it's just buttery baked goods with a hint of cherry and pineapple - sort of a "poor man's Fruitcake". Definitely a keeper!

Pineapple toffee turnover, from wet to faded, all the way through.

I HATE it but I'm keeping it because I've got an Alice OBSESSION, and it looks cute next to 'Eat Me', which is far, FAR superior. And doesn't smell slightly of wee.

I agree with this exactly! I too can't stand it but I'm having to keep it 'cause it looks 'cute' next to the bottle of Eat Me!!

:P

I love this one. It smells just like vanilla frosting. I wore it with the Candy Butcher and Loves Philosophy. I smelled just like a freshly baked cake. Seriously, it was all I could do to keep myself from taking a bite out of my wrist.

Drink Me is Love.

Drink Me has become a favorite. :D One of my problems is lasting power, and Drink Me works well with my body chemistry.

It's quite warm and buttery with a lasting cherry element. The effect it has on me is cheering and enveloping. :D I choose to wear it when I might be feeling down, for it has an encouraging effect. And it's one that does bring to mind perfectly the idea behind it's creation. :P

I tested Drink Me on the back of my hand and... I want to eat my hand. Seriously. I didn't KNOW that scents could smell this realistic. My nose is telling me that my hand is a buttery cherry tart, and I really don't normally like cherries, but this smells SO GOOD that I have to keep myself from licking my hand.

I didn't think I liked foody scents. I guess I was wrong!

If I hadn't been frimped Drink Me I'd have never tried it. Thanks, Lab!

Drink Me sometimes smells lovely.. I think that's the custard and toffee... but then it changes to smelling... erm... like butter and turkey? I don't actually smell turkey but there's some kind of saltiness that is offputting when combined with so much sweet. Reminds me a bit of the saltiness in Gluttony. I don't get any recognisable fruit, just various sweet notes. I think my skin is turning it to plastic as well, just to top things off.

Damn, I really wanted to love this.

Sugary-caramel-custard-buttery...

This smells a lot like butterscotch on me. I am not picking out much fruit - if anything, maybe there's a hint of some generic fruitiness, I guess.

A cool interpretation, but not a perfume I'd be inclined to wear myself. It's not terrible, but just isn't quite right on me.

2.5 out of 5

Drink Me just doesn't work on me. It's sour, almost, and I get no pineapple or toffee - just cherry syrup. It's sweet/sour and goes way plastic on the drydown.

When I opened it up and took a sniff, I nearly gagged. Sickeningly sweet. Uh oh.

Unfortunately it didn't get much better when I put it on. At first I got a few hints of cherry syrup (which could have redeemed it), but after it dried all I could smell is caramel and vanilla. Neither of which I can stand.

Another miss for me...

In imp: Well hello there buttered popcorn smell. It reminds me of going to the movies :P

On: After a while there almost seems to be a vanilla undertone, which happens a lot on my skin but still. The tart comes out and a bit of a custard tone to it and the butter smell isnt as powerful in a couple hours.

Rating: I cant really decide on it. So perplexing. I like it though so 3/5

In the Imp

WHOA! A strong, very foody scent-- there's that cakey smell and cardamon. Yummy. I'm iffy on the cakey smell, though: this note can go extremely nasty on me.

On Me

Not bad at all! Cinnamon's nice and loud, the cakiness is under control. It's got a decent throw and a good life on it. I'm not sure if it's me, but it certainly isn't bad.

I love it in the imp, and it's cute-- I don't think I need a bottle though I'm pleased that I got to try it.

I so wanted to love this one, but after the initial pineapple upside-down cake and toffee yumminess, it turned to Yankee Candle on me.

I'm thinking the sweet, foody scents may just not be for me.

Imp: Butter and sweet like caramel.

Wet: Buttery cake

Dry: Each sniff gives a different facet, like all the different sparkles one sees when they move around a diamond. Very neat. Overall its like caramel

coated popcorn, but a second sniff had an undercurrent of cherry and almost a touch of some spice. Not turkey or funny food as far as I can smell, but

just sweet foody-ness..def. buttery caramel popcorn.

Overall: Here I thought Eat me was going to be the amazing one, and that Drink me would be too busy. But strike that and reverse it, this one is magic. :P

When I first put this one its all Pink bubble Gum, and Instant white cake mix (before you add all the stuff to it)

AS it begins to dry it reminds me of these cherry Chip cookies that you use to be able to get at the grocery store for free if you were a kid (it brought back just good memories of eatting those cookies).

I would also like to add that it was very strong, my husband across the room commented about it (he said it reminded him of something from his grandparents house).

Though in the end it's not something I can see myself wearing a lot when I compare it to other scents that I adore, so I will enjoy my imp while I have it and I think that will be it.

I'm a huge fan of Eat Me, and this is phenomenal as well; more golden and buttery than Eat Me, less juicy fruit than Eat Me; think upsidedown pineapple cake.

ADDED Dec. 20:

Of course as a fan of Eat Me, I also love Drink Me; very rich and golden, pineapple butterscotch custard cake dream...

Sure enough, it's buttered toast and pineapple. There is a very specific bread thing going on here; not cake, BREAD. Bread slapped with a thick wad of good, fresh butter, and syrupy cooked pineapple.

If you dig Upa Upa (or wanted Upa Upa and missed out), Drink Me isn't far off. It doesn't have the same brown-sugar-molasses thing, but the combination of sweet rich pineapple and buttery things is spot-on. Delicious.

Lobster Rating

better than: a little goat standing on a bigger goat

In the imp, oh so very sweet. Caramel or toffee? Candy of some sort. Maybe someplace that is making candy because I can't pin it down.

On, butter and sweetness. There's a high sugary note, and caramel somewhere below, and butter.

Drying, toast and butter, and sugarcane, or sweet tea? Southern sweet tea of the sort that they add the sugar to the tea while it's hot so it will dissolve and hold more sugar. I think there might be pineapple jam somewhere as well, maybe.

I didn't think I'd like this. Eat me didn't thrill me, but, this?

I think I like this one. =)

Wet: Holy cow... Butter and a sweet smelling pastry (I'm guessing a combo of the cherry tart and the buttered toast.)

Dry: As this dries I get more and more cherry tart. There might be just a tad of pineapple blending in there, but it's not obvious I don't smell turkey, but maybe that's why this isn't smelling overly sweet on me. However, much like any fragrant dessert-y smell (either on me or in an area I'm in really) eventually I get tired of smelling this.

A unique scent, and certainly worth trying at least once for pure amusement, but not something I'd want to wear.

Nothing could beat drink me in the yummy side, buttered toast and pineapple, no cherry from me but the toffee vibe is all here!! And it`s true that when wet it changes every time I smell it, oh lovely drink me! i want to drown in a bath full of caramel poocorn now!

GOD, I love this :P

its already number 6 of the Mad Tea Party's that I have tried and it s a fact I believe

I will just love all of them, I know it

e-v-e-r-y scent of this sector is delicious in my nose :D

Drink Me is totally addictive and to me it s true cherrytart, hot buttered toast and last but not least toffee

I m pretty sure this is what the drink smelled like!

it just has to be,

no chance or what so ever off another smell in that botlle on the tabel!

it s loveley, feminine, eatable, drinkable and cheerfull but a bit dreadfull to

Edited by lunaticana

In the imp: butterscotch

wet: tart pineapple

dry: the pineapple is gone and it reminds me of pecan pie or apple pie but without the apples. It has some sort of spice in it.

I suddenly get the urge to bake something :P It's not a scent I would usually wear, but I'm keeping the imp till winter. It will be great when it's cold outside and you want to snuggle up with something warm and bake something deliscious.