Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

Drink Me-

In Bottle: Light butterscotch, mmm.

Wet: This goes fruity on my skin. Definitely cherry, and...ha, I can still smell the toffee. That's remarkable.

Dry: What gets me is how exactly this scent smells like the description of Alice's. I smell cherry, and there's a hint of pineapple and toffee and butter, and, sure, why not, creamy custard. This is even more of a favorite of mine for capturing that, not just because it's a nice foodie scent that doesn't go musty on me.

Overall: Remarkable.

Edited by Shollin

Erm, vanilla icing over cake? It's very sugary and so forth. Not nearly as awful as most foody scents, but still not good. It's too sweet and smells very fake.

Butterscotch/almond - candy moreso than a drink, The almond is really good, like Roca candy not Amaretto. It’s warm and yummy. I can’t ID the scent, but very nice! Rum, butterscotch? Lovely!

In the bottle: Pineapple, custard, cherry, toffee and toast. Whoa.

Wet: Pineapple and custard, there's a rich floury cake mix scent to this. I think that it's a bit boozy, too. Then I get dry toast.

Drydown: Toast and custard, a very baked goods scent, something that you'd expect to smell in a bakery. I don't get any fruit, but I get a bit of a nutty vibe that kind of smells like turkey if you want to imagine it in the mix. Actually, that nutty smell becomes dominant, after a while, with added spice. Strange. The custard's been pushed right into the background.

Overall: It's whimsical, very foody and morphs a lot. The fruits disappear very fast on my skin. The turkey scent comes from walnut, as far as I can tell. Apparently, it smells extremely sweet on me, but I can't smell the sweetness very much, just the walnut. It smells like a kind of walnut and sugar tart, in fact. Not something I would wear, but good for its novelty value.

it is hard to believe that roast turkey, pineapple upside-down-cake and buttered toast could all be happening on top of my hand, all at once. but they are.

more savory than sweet, and not something i could wear everyday... but i do wear it from time to time, just because it amuses me.

Amazing! This smells exactly like a bunch of left over Thanksgiving desserts. Oh how I love all of these mad Tea Party scents :D

On my skin this smells like candied cherries mixed with pineapples and something buttery and sugary in the background.

As this dries it turns to almost all maraschino cherries mixed with butter. Absolutly delicious!

You labbies are geniuses!!!

:P

Yes, maraschino cherries and pineapple cake! Drink Me smells sweet and like baked goods. Quite delicious, though I think I favor Eat Me.

Sniffie from Lanet. Thanks doll! :D

In the imp: Toffee and baked goods

On Skin: Pineapple upside down cake. :D

Drydown: Gingerbread.

After an hour, hint of toast.

After a few hours, it just smells like baked goods. The boy sniffed and said it smelled more like a Yankee Candle...

Verdict: I throughly enjoyed this imp. Mainly because of the morphing reasons. Beth is a genius to get so many different smells into one little vial of perfume. I wouldn't really wear this, since it's not really appealing to me but I was vastly amused and throughly pleased that I got to try this scent. I really am amused by it. :P

This is a wonderfully contrary, confusing smell. I was very confused when I took my first notes on it. Thusly, this will be a very confusing review.

The first time I tried this, I thought it was Eat Me. At the first test, it got an unsolicited compliment from my hubby, which NEVER happens.

In the imp - I smelled white cake.

Wet - white cake

On - sweet cake with something almost musky under it.

It stayed wonderful all day long, quite a feat since that was a 13+ hour day. The sweetness faded into a wonderfully warm vanilla smell. When I reapplied it at home and gave my hubby a hug, I got another "Mmmmm....you smell good. I don't know that that is, but it's GOOD!!" and he started sniffing me all over.

I was convinced this was Eat Me. I went to try it on again.....I don't have an imp of Eat Me. At least not one that I can find anywhere.

So, I tried Drink Me (again, I am sure)

This time it faded down almost immediately to a toast-smell. Familiar, comforting, not quite what was the first time. Hubby's comment "Mmmm..that's.....no, that's not the one. It's nice, but it's not it."

3rd try - Cherry, frosting and cake....Cake....CAKE...aaaannnd toast.

Not sure what is going on there. I like this one, but I want that first experience back.

For as great a foodie-lover as I am, Drink Me really doesn't appeal to me. My nose can't figure out what it's smelling, and it doesn't like it. In the imp, I smelled cake, but on my skin I'm not sure what it is. I can't smell any cherry or pineapple or butterscotch. It's a sweet but dry scent. I much prefer Eat Me, so I'll stick with that.

When I first got my order, I thought Eat Me was the one with buttered toast. Drink Me smells more like butterscotch than anything. I liked Eat Me more at first, which was unfortunate because that was the one that I accidentally decapitated.

IN THE BOTTLE: Butterscotch! Maybe even a little...booze, of some kind?

WET: Cake. Yellow cake, to be precise. Soft, spongey, warm yellow cake.

DRY: Butterscotch frosting on a cupcake, and...no, wait. This is exactly like pineapple upside down cake. I can even smell the candied fruits.

And that is why I ended up liking it more than Eat Me. :P Bottle, please!

Butterscotch booze. It's wonderful at first, but something about the drydown makes me go all queasy, which is frustrating, because it smells so great when first applied!

I never would have been interested in this from the description, but when I was gifted a frimp in a recent lab order, I kept it around, because I remembered that the reviews had been pretty favorable. And I cannot believe how it has grown on me. I keep reaching for my imp. For the days I prefer something a little less foody, usually, but I love to slather this on in the evening when I am kicking around & just relaxing. It smells just like pineapple-upsidedown cake, and though I usually don't think I'll care much for fruitier scents, I really like this one. The sweetness becomes more subdued after a little while. I will definitely be tossing a bottle in my next order. :P

First sniff: Holy hell. Forgive me, Beth, for I doubted that anyone could take pineapple, cherry, custard, toffee and buttered toast (let’s not even mention the turkey) and make it all smell amazing and not just a big jumble of stuff. And this is amazing. It’s pineapple and cherry and almost a butter-rum note and I WANT TO DRINK IT!

Wearing: Whoa. I actually just smelled toast. On my skin it’s buttery and, yes, bready. It smells quite a lot like bread baking. The sweetness is almost completely gone.

on initial sniff in the imp i thought of cheese popcorn! must be the turkey + butter

smells.

lucky for me the turkey smell becomes less strong over time- it's still there, but not so much cheesy. it smells like a mix of butter popcorn, cookies and just a hint of roast turkey.

Holy weird food scent, Batman. The first thing I get is turkey, with all the trimmings. This is your mom's table at Thanksgiving dinner. Then I get sweet potato casserole. Then I get a buttery dessert. How Beth managed to combine all these different scents and not have it smell completely atrocious is beyond me, but she did. That said, it's pretty weird, and I'm not sure how I feel about it as a perfume.

I get the overwhelming impression of custard with bits of pineapple and cherry with a crisp toffee topping. No turkey or butter or toast in sight (in sniff?).

This is by far my favorite "foody" blend ever! I will use up the imp and have a bottle coming my way soon. In the meanwhile, I cannot get past how delicious I smell. So, so good.

Edited by faifai

In the vial:

Buttercream

On me:

I was a little afraid this scent might ACTUALLY smell like turkey. And I love turkey, don't get me wrong - but I don't want to smell like it. Fortunately, it smells like foody sweetness. It goes on like pure buttercream frosting but a nut smell quickly comes out - must be hazelnut, makes me think of coffee. I get a hint of fruitiness underneath which is tart and I think is both cherry and pineapple at the same time. Sadly, I have to struggle to smell them over the hazelnut smell. I think I get a "crust" smell in there too - kind of like toast - it's bready.

In the end, this ends up smelling like buttered toast indeed. With hazelnuts.

Final note:

It's interesting, and certainly cool that Beth actually fit so many foods in one scent lol. However, in the end it was pretty much just hazelnuts and toast. I'll keep the imp for the novelty of it, but I wouldn't see myself wearing it enough to even use the whole imp.

Creamy pudding with cherries - definitely cherries, not the cherrish smell a lot of the almond scents have - and a little pineapple. It's freaky and tasty smelling. (I didn't get any turkey smell, and I can't complain. I was a tiny bit concerned.)

This would be a good pick for fans of Miskatonic U or Hellcat (fruit instead of coffee or liquor, but the same creaminess). :P

ETA: Oh, no- my first skin reaction to BPAL, and with one I love so much! I woke up this morning with terribly itchy red bumps on the insides of my wrists. I look like I tried to annoy myself to death.

Edited by Ahania

To me this is cake, hazelnut, and sharp fruit on first sniff, with just a hint of sourness. Foody! I agree it's reminiscent of Beaver Moon, but this goes ozone and plastic on me very quickly. There's always a strong sweetness underneath it, but it ends up smelling fake on me. Alas!

There are just not enough wonderful things I can say about this scent, really and truly. The first test of it turned a little candley on my skin, but I applied it very lightly. After going back and slathering about a week later, it's just.... GOD, it's this wonderfully deep combination of cherry and pineapple and BUTTER, ohhhhh the butter is heaven. I can just smell and see a glistening turkey when I close my eyes and sniff this off my wrist.

Drink Me is probably the most exquisite blend I've tried, and I honestly don't know if I can wait for 3 weeks for a 5mL bottle to arrive!! I know my imp isn't going to last!

I want to also say this... Drink Me is the only scent I own that I constantly smell on me. It's not overpowering, but no matter what I'm doing, I smell that faint cloud of it around me. It's just divine. *swoons* :P

Bottle: slight fruit....lots of butter! sweet! I'm excited!

Wet on skin: SWEET BUTTER!

Dry on skin 30 minutes. I know what this is! BUTTER PECAN ICE CREAM with just a drop of fruit! I'm loving this completely!!!!!!!!

this was just the imp; I'm so glad I ordered a full bottle unsniffed and can't wait for it to get here!!!!!

I love this scent in the imp!! It is everything foody and good - buttery toffee and pineapple and cherries or currants (I'm bad at picking which...) - I love it!

But ON me it turns to peanut butter within minutes :P

Guess I need a scent locket soon :D