Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

This is a fun blend......I can detect a lot of notes from the description, but it's a nutty, buttery note that stays with me when it dries........and it's *so* not me! :P

I'm glad I tried it though......I didn't really think it would work on me, but this is one of those scents I knew I'd be wondering about until I actually tried it on.....

So now I have.....I might try it again in a week or so, to see if it's any different when I'm not just having my period.......but I don't think I'll suddenly like it....

Maybe if the cherry stays with me instead of the buttered toast....otherwise I'll be passing this one along.

ETA: Lab description since we're on a new page.

I switched it to the shorter version. --Shollin

Edited by Shollin

Woooo-oooh! This stuff is STRONG. So strong, in fact, that the overwhelming butter-toffee-ness of it is making me a little queasy. Not for me, I fear. :P

If BPALS had relatives, Drink Me would be Monsterbait Underpants' little brother. They smell almost alike. Drink Me is a tad less intense, but still. If you've been curious about the underpants, cant afford or get your hands on the underpants, Drink Me is a great substitute.

Foody, chocolately, warm and delicious. This was named perfectly :P

Edited by maddi

Thanks to bloodpoppies for the imp.

Shadesong, I just wanted to say that your review is one of the best I've ever read, period. It made me giggle and go "Awww!" :P

Imp: So, you mix toffee and hot-buttered toast together and you get a popcorn thing happening, right? To me, toast has a particular odor that I'm not scenting here, just the butter.

Skin: Luckily the buttery accord in this one doesn't turn sour on me. Oh I'm so yummy! I get a bit of the cherry tart too.

Drydown: The sweet and savory effect that this concoction is meant to have eventually appears. But I can't say I get any kind of meat evocations like I do with Hearth '05, heh. But fruit + toffee + toasty butter = delicious!

I'm so happy a gourmand blend that intrigued me truly worked with my chemistry!! And it gives me hope for my other future adventures with attendees at the Mad Tea Party.

Edited by luna65

I'm not normally one for foody blends, but Drink Me (with pineapple, one of my favorite notes) was one I had to try. It's interesting, to say the least. I don't really get any of the notes listed, except for a bit of cherry in the wafting part. Mostly, Drink Me smells of Banana Bread, especially right close to my skin, maybe with a touch of toffee. It's not at all what I was expecting, but very different. Imp shall be used up, but Drink Me is probably not a candiate for a larger bottle.

In the Imp: Cherry and pumpkin pie? Definitely edible. Hmmm, maybe some toffee.

On: Cherry gone bye bye and I’m getting a load of buttery liquid caramel and sweet apple/pumpkin pie, but no spices. As it dries down there’s a baked/toasted/pastry note, but not too baked…mmmm, oh yes, like, like…a sweet caramel custard soaked crust or sugared butter melted over toast, or…that’s it! Pineapple upside-down cake! Drizzled with caramel sauce and a couple of maraschino cherries plopped on top! It’s all that and it’s all good, with a soft caramel dry-down. :P

In the imp, it was all caramel.

Wet, it was caramel and cream and a hint of fruitiness.

As it's been drying, it's gone from the caramel and cream to toast to pineapple and cherry playtime to the cherry trying to take over causing the pineapple to neutralize the enemy and settled into a warm, gooey cake with some cream and pineapples, but no cherries. And no turkey. :P

It's like Beaver Moon or one of the Monsterbaits, without the expensive price tag. I'll probably be getting a 5ml of this one (hafta make space in the bpal box first tho).

Haha, this is awesome!

Drink Me is a perfect rendition of Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. I had to link to a picture of it (haha, there's a wikipedia entry for it), to show the few people who haven't had this that it's a yellow cake, with a melted butter and brown sugar top, topped with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries. It's my dad's favorite cake, and he asks for it every year for his birthday. That happens to fall on December 28th, so the pineapple upside-down cake always makes me think of Christmas-time too. I can't wait to wear this in the winter!

I also get buttered toast *sometimes*. Not every time I wear it, and when I do sniff it, it doesn't stick around for long.

Drink Me gives me the munchies.

Edited by Babylon

In the bottle, I found this to be nauseatingly sweet and rich, overwhelmingly fruity and buttery.

But dry on my skin, oh my... :P

I still smell a hint of cherry, but it also has a very light, buttery cakey smell that is just delicous without being sickeningly sweet. Even though it's light, it has a good amount of throw for several hours. After that, it's still present, but only with some nose-to-wrist action. Of course, I like scents with throw, and this is so yummy that I don't mind reapplying. So glad I bought a full bottle unsniffed!

If you like foody scents, it would truly be a crime not to check this one out.

Wow, and once again we witness the wonder of what individual body chemistries can do to an oil. Like White Rabbit, Drink Me was one I was especially eager to try, and well...I'm kind of disappointed so far, though I've only had it on for less than an hour.

In the bottle: a sweet, butterscotch scent not unlike Red Lantern.

Initial application: butterscotch has gone nutty, literally. I can't identify what kind of nut, but it's there. On the other hand, my daughter came into the room and said "It smells like cake batter in here."

Drydown: I wish I was getting all the individual notes the other folks have mentioned, cherry, pineapple, pumpkin, sweet cakes, etc. All I'm getting is a slightly sour, non-specific nut scent. The sour smell reminds me of White Rabbit, and not in a good way. A lot of the imps I've yet to try in my collection are foodies, I hope they're not all going to result in the same spoiled milk scent on my skin. Then again, if that's the case I'll be able to replenish my swapping supply as well.

Edited by porcelain72

Oh. My. Goodness. :P

Another foody scent I love! Buttered rum and custard and toffee and refreshing pineapple. This isn't too sweet or too fruity for my taste. This is simply divine.

In the bottle - Toffee/coffee liquer, very like Misk U, with a hint of pinapple in the background.

Wet on me - Slightly tart, but still creamy booze, backed with digestive buscuit and coconut.

Dry on me - Sweet toffee booze, finally drying down to a candied fruit after thought.

Overall - On paper I should love this, but I don't seem to get anything from it, it's just there.

ITI- Buttery toffee yummyness A little cloying, but not nastily so.

WOS- Still very sweet, melted butter scent

DOS- Not as sweet. Still buttery, with a nice savory undertone. Can catch wafts of something that could almost be turkey, but is probably not!

Pineapple!!!! In the bottle it smells like a nutty pineapple glaze.

Wet on the skin that cherry tart bursts forth and on drydown you get this scent that I can only describe as the most delicious pineapple cherry glaze with a nutty/creamy base. SO YUMMY! I will get a bottle of this someday. Oh yes I will.

I haven't worn Drink Me more than twice, but just have to write a review. This one made me giggle. As a lifelong Alice in Wonderland fan, I was drawn to all the scents in this category, and love the idea of the 'eat me' 'drink me' scents in particular, as those potions really captured my imagination as a kid.

okay, and I have to mention first, I have weird chemistry. Funky strange stuff happens on and in my skin. So, ymmv--my skin tends to blow past the initial stages of a perfume in just a few seconds (for example, with Vixen I get a two second patchouli *blast* that mellows into the ginger orange). But, when I applied Drink Me I had to take in one deep breath as many scents as were presenting themselves to me and were gone nearly as quickly as they went (much like drinking the potion would be, I imagine :P ) buttery, cherry, toffee, pineapple into a bready vanilla custard, where it stays sweet and undeniably CUSTARD (how does she do this?!) for hours. The dry down reminds me of Beaver Moon a little, if the Beav were custard instead of cake. So fun, ingenious, and unlike anything else. I love how fun this is (but I will likely never need more than my imp) !! :D

Edited by Avery

After the overwhelming success of Eat Me (the imp was immediately followed by a bottle), I had to try Drink Me--having the little bottles with those labels is just too cute and makes me feel like Alice! :D In the vial, Drink Me smells very clearly of pineapple and caramel, which is unlike anything else I've smelled from BPAL, so that's fun right there. On me--well, I'm glad someone already said "pineapple upside-down cake" so I don't have to drive myself insane trying to place it. That's what it is! A rich, foody, custard and cake scent, with a soft pineapple topnote floating over it all. I don't get cherry from this, but there's a brown-sugar note that's delightful. It somehow smells WARM and like baking. This is not something I need mass quantities of, but it's so clever and fun that I may have to keep the imp--even though it's pretty rare for me to think "I need to smell like pineapple upside-down cake!" :P

Wet and right on through -- sweet coconut cake, with just a hint of pineapple.

Drydown -- sweet, but specific notes fading.

Nice, but too foody for me. I don't need to smell like cake. However, I would wear it if I needed to hunker down and disappear into comfort, all by myself. If I needed to settle onto the sofa in a soft fluffy robe and read some fantasy to get away from the world for awhile, I could see including Drink Me.

In the imp: Rich and kind of buttery... Hm, I have difficulties trying to pick out exactly what this smells like.

Wet: Buttery popcorn, perhaps? Interesting, but I'm not too sure about this scent.

Drydown: Oh, yum. I really like the drydown of this on me. :P It look me a while trying to figure out why it smelt so familiar, but this smells like really creamy rice pudding on me. Enough so that the first time I wore this, I had to go get some to eat, as I kept on catching wafts of the scent and it made me hungry, heh.

Later: The scent stays consistent with it's initial drydown, but just as it begins to fade, it morphs a little and goes a bit more caramelly on me. It's a light note thought, quite subtle and reminds me somewhat of creme caramel. It seems to switch between that and the original rice pudding-goodness a bit before it finally fades and vanishes.

Even though I initially wasn't too certain how often I'd want to smell like rice pudding, I have worn this a few times. It's just a really yummy, warm, foody scent. Mmm...

Edited by Jheya

In the bottle and wet, I can pick out all of the notes, but especially the butter. Very foody and true to the desciption. What an undertaking! The turkey is more smokey that meaty (thank godness). Dried out this smells like Toasted Vanilla Sugar (aka Suave or BBW type).

in the bottle: butter! Very buttery... with almond and butterscotch? Oh, yes, definitely butterscotch. Very foody (drinky? :P) and complex

wet: A little less butter, a little more butterscotch, and maybe something fruity? or tangy? or spicy? I think maybe it's the pineapple.

dry: N/A

overall impression: uh-oh! This is the first time this has happened to me with any bpal, but after only about 15 minutes I found myself getting rather sneezy and tingly in the nose. Maybe it was something else, but I wasn't in love anyway, so it's no great loss. However, it was fun to pick out all those different foods in the wet stage :D Alas, off to the swaps with ye!

In the bottle, it smells like butterscotch! Like Werthers in liquid form. On it smells like hot buttered popcorn and then buttery yummy cake when it dries. The boyfriend LOVES the smell of this (he says it smells like Christmas -- bwuh?). Scent lasts for ages too, but I suspect I'll be going through this imp quite quickly as I love to re-apply this.

This will definitely be on my big bottle list, yummy through and through.

On me it smells like cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast. Okay, the roast turkey not so much. But all the rest, yeah.

In the imp, very sweet, buttery, yummy. On, not so much. This rapidly morphed to a dark, fruity blend with something very bitter (and possibly burnt) underlying it.

In the bottle: Very prominent cherry note on top of a layer of buttercream frosting.

Wet on skin: The toffee note begins to dominate with the cherry playing a supporting role.

Dry: Slighty smokey, creamy toffee notes linger. Medium throw, lasts a bit longer than average.

Verdict: A playful fall foodie scent. I just wish they hadn't mentioned turkey in the description. There's absolutely no turkey detected :P , but boy does the mention of it linger in my mind.

In the bottle, it smelled very yummy, with the turkey smell showing itself at the very end. Then, I put it on, and immediately, went turkey. The custard, the cherry tart, all gone.................

WHY!!! :P